Thor and Hercules are cousins!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

armandovalles
Did u know that Thor and Hercules are actually cousins?

I know this cuz Gaea is Thor's mother, yet she is also Hercules' Aunt, so that makes them cousins right?

Maestro
No, she is hercules Grandmother because she gave birth to Zeus. So technically Zeus and Thor are cousins.

olympian
Gaea didnt gave birth to Zeus. She gave birth to the titan Chronos who was Zeus father.

That makes Thor at marvel continuity, Zeus uncle.

armandovalles
oh no my bad. Gaea and Gaia are two separate people. Gaea gave birth to Zeus. But Gaia gave birth to Thor. My bad.

Scoobless

this was discussed very recently

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=360473&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=6

Darkcrawler made this family tree up....

Originally posted by Scoobless
is that Family tree accurate? that would mean Thanos's great grandmother is Thor's mother... making Thor Thanos's great uncle...... i bet he owe's him a truckload of late Christmas and Birthday presents

it also means Hercules and Thanos are cousins

and Odin is Zues's great uncle

Odin is the uncle of the father of the Greek gods..... weird

Thor is Zues's uncle?

confused

olympian
"oh no my bad. Gaea and Gaia are two separate people. Gaea gave birth to Zeus. But Gaia gave birth to Thor. My bad"

This might enlight it better =

http://www.comicboards.com/thor/view.php?rpl=050704182318&q=Scans

She states she has a different name according to each phanteon. (except the norse one, because they never had a " mother earth " in theyr myths).

So tecnically she is the same Gaea of the myth that gave birth to the Titans.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Scoobless

this was discussed very recently

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=360473&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=6

Darkcrawler made this family tree up....

K Von Doom
Is Chronos, Mentor's father, the same Chronos from Greek Mythology or is it Chronos the God of Time from Infinity Gauntlet?

Creshosk

olympian
That origin by Starlin was indeed retconned. The Chronos was created to be the Greek Titan one. They changed that later and made this one only carry the same namesake.

Paola
Originally posted by Maestro
No, she is hercules Grandmother because she gave birth to Zeus. So technically Zeus and Thor are cousins.

OMG! eek! I used to use that av in other forum!

oh the memories... in_love

don't mind me and keep the topic going bag...

HigH ScholaR
the titans of myth are different from the eternal titans or titans of earth

the eternals are representatives of the greek patheon which ended in a brief war between them the greek gods (jealousy). which therfore makes niether eternal relted to the greek gods.

DarkCrawler
Thor is also Namor's great-great-great (repeat 100 times) uncle.

Namor is actually 1/100 god.

K Von Doom
Chronos, Gaea, Ouranos, Hyperion...etc - Titans from Greek Mythology

Thanos, Mentor, Starfox...etc - Eternals from Titan, one of Saturn's moons

So I'm guessing that Chronos the God of Time is not Zeus' dad?

Creshosk
Originally posted by K Von Doom
So I'm guessing that Chronos the God of Time is not Zeus' dad? He should be since he is in real mythology. . .

However,

olympian
"Chronos, Gaea, Ouranos, Hyperion...etc - Titans from Greek Mythology

Thanos, Mentor, Starfox...etc - Eternals from Titan, one of Saturn's moons

So I'm guessing that Chronos the God of Time is not Zeus' dad?"

Its like this, at Marvel there are tecnically two Chronos/Khronos walking around. Both with time based powers. One that was the father of Zeus and his brothers and the other of the eternals.

In the Starlin first origin however they wer suposse to be the same being. The Greek Titan god of time.

K Von Doom
But isn't Cronus, Zeus' dad, trapped in Tartarus with the rest of the Titans while....

Chronos the God of Time is a cosmic being still roaming space

HigH ScholaR
Cronus is a titan of myth trapped in tarturas

while Chronos the cosmic being of time that appeared in infintiy guantlet is roaming space aswell as the titans created by the celestrials.

JudgeMENTAL
smile

Devil Lance
Originally posted by JudgeMENTAL
smile
roll eyes (sarcastic)

whirly stop this is getting annoying mad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.