Weekly Chart Review: 'Batman Begins' Tops $200M

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FLIPMODE
Batman Begins made no moe than 200 mil. 193 mil is it's total.

I knew it. I know crap when I see it. If the movie was sooo great it would have made more. These are'nt good Batman numbers. Maybe good for Batman & Robin, but not a supposedly "GREAT" Batman movie.

It would take a re-release for it to get past 193 mil, and we all know that's corny as hell. We will get a sequel, but trust me when I say WB wanted AT LEAST 250 mil. 193 is just embarassing for a Batman movie.

Red Superfly
People are dumb. That's why.

Titanic broke the record for highest grossing movie. TITANIC. You know, the movie where everyone knew the ending. Tie-f*cking-tanic.

Wasn't that proof that movie sales mean NOTHING?

FLIPMODE
No, I can see why OLD people would go see it over and over, even teen aged girls. But not me, I hated it, but at least it was a GREAT movie for some.

Batman Begins was great for idiots, and the cartoon Network Generation. And that equals 193 mil.

Red Superfly
Batman Begins was for the comic book fans.

Cartoon Network has nothing to do with this. WTF?

FLIPMODE
It was for idiots.

Im a huge fan of the book, and this movie was a half-ass approach to what should have been great.

pr1983
Which book?

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by FLIPMODE

I knew it. I know crap when I see it. If the movie was sooo great it would have made more. These are'nt good Batman numbers. Maybe good for Batman & Robin, but not a supposedly "GREAT" Batman movie.

It would take a re-release for it to get past 193 mil, and we all know that's corny as hell. We will get a sequel, but trust me when I say WB wanted AT LEAST 250 mil. 193 is just embarassing for a Batman movie.

Congratulations on making yourself sound like an asshat... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Myth
Asshat laughing

Anyway, numbers don't mean shit. How much did Boondock Saints make in theaters? Oh yeah, JACK SHIT because it wasn't released in theaters. Batman was meant to be made like the comic books and therefore made for the fans and not the "Lets see the biggest budget movies" people. Also, BB unlike Spiderman wasn't made for both adult AND children viewers. It was made for a specific group and EVERYBODY within that demographic went to see BB. Thats pretty successful.

"No, I can see why OLD people would go see it over and over, even teen aged girls. But not me, I hated it, but at least it was a GREAT movie for some. "

WTF? Doesn't that just cancel out your argument? You hated it but it was great for some? Guess what, you hated BB but it was great for some.

Great for idiots? Hmmm... surprised you didn't like it then. erm

Harvey Dent
What did you tell us?

Harvey Dent
No, I can see why OLD people would go see it over and over, even teen aged girls. But not me, I hated it, but at least it was a GREAT movie for some.

Batman Begins was great for idiots, and the cartoon Network Generation. And that equals 193 mil.

What was half-ass about it?

Plus would you have liked the movie if it made more money? would that have made a difference to you at all?

yerssot
Originally posted by Myth
Asshat laughing

Anyway, numbers don't mean shit. How much did Boondock Saints make in theaters? Oh yeah, JACK SHIT because it wasn't released in theaters. Batman was meant to be made like the comic books and therefore made for the fans and not the "Lets see the biggest budget movies" people. Also, BB unlike Spiderman wasn't made for both adult AND children viewers. It was made for a specific group and EVERYBODY within that demographic went to see BB. Thats pretty successful.

"No, I can see why OLD people would go see it over and over, even teen aged girls. But not me, I hated it, but at least it was a GREAT movie for some. "

WTF? Doesn't that just cancel out your argument? You hated it but it was great for some? Guess what, you hated BB but it was great for some.

Great for idiots? Hmmm... surprised you didn't like it then. erm
-> my idea too

and perhaps the world isn't waiting for yet another superhero movie? You already have Spiderman 1&2 with 3 underway, X-men 1&2 with 3 underway, Superman is underway, ...

WindDancer
I know crap when I see it.

Yeah, me too.

Joseph_Kerr
TOTAL LIFETIME GROSSES
Domestic: $199,126,000 56.0%
+ Overseas: $156,191,000 44.0%

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

= Worldwide: $355,317,000

AS of August 7.

Joseph_Kerr
BATMAN

Rank Title (click to view) Studio Gross
1 Batman WB $251,188,924
2 Batman Begins WB $199,126,000
3 Batman Forever WB $184,031,112
4 Batman Returns WB $162,831,698
5 Batman and Robin WB $107,325,195
6 Batman: Mask of the Phantasm WB $5,617,391

Joker1237
why is MOTP so low,,??? I mean Batman and Robin beat it???? And MOTP is 10000 times better. I shock.

Mainstream
me too

SpyCspider
i remember reading that MOTP was a bit too dark and difficult to follow for non-fans who were kids that just wanted to see an animated movie. I'ts kind of hard to sit through if you don't really care to watch the Batman mythos and just want action.

Batman & Robin was horrible but just the idea of having big stars in it would get the general public to go watch it at least once.

EsteemedLeader
OMFG FINALLY I HAVE FOUND SOME ONE WHO ALSO HATES BATMAN BEGINS!!!!!!!!!! you dont know how happy i amjump

Joker1237
Evey one by the time of MOTP knows Bats was suppose to be dark, What did they expect??? A Adam West type thing??

Azrael23
Seems like FLIPMODE doesn't have
anything else to say
embarrasment

Harvey Dent
Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
OMFG FINALLY I HAVE FOUND SOME ONE WHO ALSO HATES BATMAN BEGINS!!!!!!!!!! you dont know how happy i amjump

Yes but he (FLIPMODE) is a complete moron. I guess you'll be ever-so-happy together.

Myth
Originally posted by EsteemedLeader

Too bad the one guy who sides with you is a friggin idiot.

Myth
Oh shit. I didn't see your post Harvey. laughing

DirectorFitz
Well, it was a kick ass movie. And it didn't make a lot of money. Hmm, let's think of other ones shall we? Donnie Darko, Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction....all cult hits aren't a STAR WARS success until the film is available to buy to the public.

systemshock2
I'd say that Begins $200+ million domestic gross is outstanding, especially considering it's the FIFTH movie in the Batman franchise, and was out with less than a decade's space between that horrible bruise left from Batman & Robin. How many other franchises, other than Star Wars, can successfully go into their fifth film and still have a worldwide gross of over $350 million. Not to mention the millions upon millions it'll make from DVD and VHS sales.

Myth
Also the 4th Star Wars (Ep. I) made a ton of money yet it is also an example of a shitty movie.

FLIPMODE
Look, I've allready added my review on the film when it came out, in one of those threads way down there. And gave AMPLE reason why this film SUCKED ass!!!

Ask me about any aspect of the film (that you thought was good), and I will explain to you why it was done wrong.

Note there is ONE good thing about the film, but other than that, everything elase was SUBpar. And a rushed mess.

Oh yeah, whoever quoted me on what I said..something about old people and teenagers...read again, I was talking about TITANIC not Batman Begins. That was Titanics main audience, not Batman. And when I said, old people, I mean REALLY old...you know senior citizens, people that actually remember the TITANIC, and not just reading about it in school. Those old fools went back in masess watching that crap over and over, but they loved it.

It's the same effect that would happen if they ever made a 9/11 movie about 40 years from now. That's a BIG reason why Titanic is the biggest movie of all time.

But since Oliver Stone is hell bent on bringin us a 9/11 movie, guess that wont happen the same

Harvey Dent
Look, I've allready added my review on the film when it came out, in one of those threads way down there. And gave AMPLE reason why this film SUCKED ass!!!

..And we're all very impressed...but all you did was RANT and not review.

Your review was cluttered, rushed and it seemed like you couldn't make a decent argument. Man I wish you would also hire an editor with that post..because it really needed one. I don't care how many reasons you pointed out...it seems like you just have too much time on your hands.

I'll take an experienced film critics review of the film any day over your useless rant. (Ebert & Roeper gave it Two-Big thumbs way up and said it is one of the best movies of the year.)

Ask me about any aspect of the film (that you thought was good), and I will explain to you why it was done wrong.

Why would anyone wnat your useless opinions??...they heard you rant long enough. And probably can't stand you.

Note there is ONE good thing about the film, but other than that, everything elase was SUBpar. And a rushed mess.

My favorite thing about the movie is that they got Batman right...something you fail to realize.

...you know senior citizens, people that actually remember the TITANIC, and not just reading about it in school. Those old fools went back in masess watching that crap over and over, but they loved it.

I think we know who senior citizens are. But I don't see them as old fools (can you be anymore disrespectful? you must lack discipline) ...I see someone else as a fool. More on this later...

It's the same effect that would happen if they ever made a 9/11 movie about 40 years from now. That's a BIG reason why Titanic is the biggest movie of all time.

Guess what, Titanic had more of a fanbase than just senior citizens. Leo brought in many teenage girls to the box office who are big fans of him. An idiot would know this.

Harvey Dent
Too bad the one guy who sides with you is a friggin idiot.

Oh shit. I didn't see your post Harvey. laughing

No problem...Quite frankly I'm glad you also responded.

tpaquin
Here's a few aspects to shoot down:

Nolan's strong, resilient and tactful reliance on flashbacks to couplet the story and furter the plot, the stark black and white color pallette hearkening back to Batman's roots, the story's sense of realism, the soundtrack, Christian Bale's outstanding acting and physique, Rutger Haur's outstanding acting, Batman perfectly capturing the savagery of his earlycomic years, TONS of refrences for real fans, a more symbolic story arc for Joe Chill than the one presented in the comics, and, of course, Sir Michael Caine's expert acting.

I do have problems with the movie. None ofwhich have been mentioned thus far. In fact, nothing at all seems to have been mentioned, other than the moive is bad. this has been mentioned several times, over and over again.

Kieralinn
Batman Begins is the 6th highest grossing Comicbook adaption of all time....Behind

Spiderman

Spiderman 2 (both more kid friendly)

Batman

Men in Black (again..more kid friendly)

X2

It has made $199,860,000 Domestic, $360,020,183 Worldwide...how is that a flop?

By the end of this weekend it WILL be over $200,000,000.....You're arguments are losing steam fast!

It is also the best critically reviewed comic adaption yet...even beating Spiderman 2 there. (I love both)

Give up trying to be right about it. Flipmode.....you don't have a leg to stand on.

sevenman
BATMAN BEGINS was awesome. You are not.

lifeisaglich
FLIPMODE.....I think it is official you are out of here....hmmmm....on your way out could you please explain why exactly batman begins sucked...??smile

Harvey Dent
Originally posted by lifeisaglich
FLIPMODE.....I think it is official you are out of here....hmmmm....on your way out could you please explain why exactly batman begins sucked...??smile

Well one of the reasons he is ranting about is that is didn't make that much money...

he only likes movies that do record numbers like star wars episode 1.

OB1-adobe

Do you know how much austin powers, office space, and napolean dynamite made in the theaters?

Jack didily sh*t!!!!!

Myth
And as I said before, Boodock Saints couldn't even make it to theaters!

Azrael23
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
Do you know how much austin powers, office space, and napolean dynamite made in the theaters?

Jack didily sh*t!!!!!

laughing Poor Flipmode is just getting refuted left and right.

Gregory
I just thought this bore repeating. The second-highest Batman movie ever, and Flipmode declares that it did terribly for a Batman movie. I'm going to spell this out for you, Flipmode, because your other posts make me doubt that you're capable of figuring this out on your own; the second-highest grossing movie of a six-movie series cannot be said to be doing poorly for a part of that series. Do you understand what I am telling you? Do you understand what anyone in this thread has been telling you?

sevenman
The only beef I had with BATMAN BEGINS was the sound. THAT'S IT. Danny Elfman was a genius. If they had the essance of the original BATMAN theme in there it would have made two hundred million dollars.

Myth
I agree the sounds of punches should be accompanied by Trumpets with a giant flash that says something along the lines of "POW!".

sevenman
yeah...thats it

Kieralinn
Well, "Batman Begins" has officially passed the $200 mill mark!

As of 8/11/05 it has grossed $200,099,489 domestic and over $360 mill world wide!

Uh want to say how it's not a very high grossing Batman film again?

FLIPMODE
Those are crap numbers for Batman in this day and age.

It was'nt the king of the summer and definitly not the year. It will get no Oscar nods, people aree just happy it was ok, because the last one was SSOOOOO bad. This movie is not quality.

FLIPMODE
Originally posted by Harvey Dent

Guess what, Titanic had more of a fanbase than just senior citizens. Leo brought in many teenage girls to the box office who are big fans of him. An idiot would know this.

Can you read? I mentioned the teens the FIRST time I addressed this on the 1st page. Now I adressing this for the 3rd time. When I said teens and Old people I was referring to TITANIC!. Damn man, what is wrong with your eyes.

Joseph_Kerr
#6/65 for comic book adaption is not a crap movie flipmode.

Joseph_Kerr
Of course it's not the King movie of the year and no one expect it to be considering Revenge of the Sith came out this year.

FLIPMODE
"#6/65 for comic book adaption is not a crap movie flipmode."

What the hell kind of Pansy ass list is that? Oh now your going a by a list of SUPERHERO movies so you can approprialy rank Batman Begins??

That's some sorry ass Sh!t. The fact is the Batman movie franchise has taken a serious hit, and this new one is just an average movie, nothing spectacular.

The opposite is true for Batman '89. It WAS spectacular even with all it's flaws, and was an amazing piece of work. After it's run, IN 1989, it was on the Top Ten biggest movies of all time. You know, that same list that is now dominated by LOTR, Spiderman, Shrek, and Star Wars movies?
Yeah that list.

So in contrast(in that repect)...Batman Begins is a failure.

Joseph_Kerr
This is the ranking for comic book adaption:
1 Spider-Man Sony $403,706,375
2 Spider-Man 2 Sony $373,585,825
3 Batman WB $251,188,924
4 Men in Black Sony $250,690,539
5 X2: X-Men United Fox $214,949,694
6 Batman Begins WB $200,099,489
7 Men in Black II Sony $190,418,803
8 Batman Forever WB $184,031,112
9 Batman Returns WB $162,831,698
10 X-Men Fox $157,299,717

Joseph_Kerr
This is the ranking for Superhero movies:
3 The Incredibles BV $261,441,092
4 Batman WB $251,188,924
7 Batman Forever WB $184,031,112
8 Batman Returns WB $162,831,698
9 X-Men Fox $157,299,717
10 Fantastic Four Fox $146,168,967

FLIPMODE
Originally posted by Joseph_Kerr
This is the ranking for Superhero movies:
3 The Incredibles BV $261,441,092
4 Batman WB $251,188,924
7 Batman Forever WB $184,031,112
8 Batman Returns WB $162,831,698
9 X-Men Fox $157,299,717
10 Fantastic Four Fox $146,168,967

This is the Ranking for Who Cares:

1-Not Me
2-Not him
3-Not Her
4-Not Them
5-Not Us
6-Not Ya Mama

Look who's number 6 on that list.

Happy Dance roll eyes (sarcastic)

The point is, that's a B!tch list, for you to sit here and try to justify Batman Begin's success at the box office, when it clearly is'nt.
Especially after movies like Spiderman...making APPROPRIATE numbers, for this day and age.

If Batman Begins was a movie like My Big Fat Greek Wedding, I would admit..IT WAS A HIT!! As that movie did go on to do numbers like that...IT WAS A HIT. Then Fine no complaint from me. But it's NOT that kind of movie...it's FRIKKIN BATMAN!!! These are some sorry ass numbers.

sevenman
My Big Fat Greek Wedding SUCKED. It is like no matter what I do there is no way I can stop teenaged girls from making shit movies go to the very top.

The first BATMAN was not seen as "Not bad for a Comic Book Adaption" it was hailed as "Movie of the decade". **** Revenge of the Sith, dork. Good movies came out all throughout the 80's and in 1989, too. BATMAN had NO flaws. Ok so they did had flaws. The only flaw was that they did not plan for two sequels in advance. The other only flaw is that they put "Vickie Vale" in with her finding out about the BAT CAVE and all that shit instead of having the BATMAN having ONE love intrest, I prefer Selina Kyle, to NO love intrests. It was not flawed because it was different from the BATMAN in the comic books though. It goes down to the dark roots and broke the Adam West barrier, Jason Todd dying, or no Jason Todd dying. ****, Bob Kane was right there too and he didn't have a beef with it. I only regret that he lived to see BATMAN & ROBIN. **** you, Tim Burton! Should have completed that trilogy before handing it to his husband.

SPIDERMAN is going to murder with the third movie. BATMAN BEGINS AGAIN had better be better.

Myth
This is the Ranking for Who Cares:

1-Not Me
2-Not him
3-Not Her
4-Not Them
5-Not Us
6-Not Ya Mama

Look who's number 6 on that list.

Happy Dance roll eyes (sarcastic)

The point is, that's a B!tch list, for you to sit here and try to justify Batman Begin's success at the box office, when it clearly is'nt.
Especially after movies like Spiderman...making APPROPRIATE numbers, for this day and age.

If Batman Begins was a movie like My Big Fat Greek Wedding, I would admit..IT WAS A HIT!! As that movie did go on to do numbers like that...IT WAS A HIT. Then Fine no complaint from me. But it's NOT that kind of movie...it's FRIKKIN BATMAN!!! These are some sorry ass numbers.

1. First of all, your attempt at a joke with that list was retarded.

2. Only Hollywood whores rank movies as good or bad by how much they make.

3. Only an idiot would say a movie is crap because it wasn't in top 10 of all time.

4. Batman Begins was made for the comic fans unlike the old ones which were made for the masses to draw in max dollars. Despite this, it was still the 2nd highest grossing Batman movie.

But to restate the most important part: Best profits don't mean better movie.

Harvey Dent

Kieralinn
The list for the top 100 grossing films of ALL time...Batman Begins is on there...Only two movies this summer beat it in ranking...(ROTS which...well....deserves it as the last SW film EVER! and WOTW), no other summer film released this year, is there and still gaining ground...what an ass you are for not conceding the fact that your opinion of the film is in the minority. Quit trying to be the one guy who hates it because you think you will look cool in
years to come to say that and just admit that just because you DIDN'T like it that others (mostly comic fans and critics) loved the film...Let it go you idiot!

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/domestic.htm

Harvey Dent
Can you read? I mentioned the teens the FIRST time I addressed this on the 1st page. Now I adressing this for the 3rd time. When I said teens and Old people I was referring to TITANIC!. Damn man, what is wrong with your eyes.

Funny how that was the only thing you replied to after my huge post that refered to all your ranting.

about me and my eyes? well you've had to repeat yourself so many times because people don't have a clue what the heck you're trying to say.

BUT

I recall you cleary say:

...you know senior citizens, people that actually remember the TITANIC, and not just reading about it in school. Those old fools went back in masess watching that crap over and over, but they loved it.

now that couldn't have been you? could it?! so teenage girls will be seeing a 9-11 movie when it comes out 40 years from now?!

well I think Leo might be too old for a role in that movie!!

xmarksthespot
Umm.. actually - although I don't agree with the general thrust of this thread - with few exceptions 2005 has been a pretty crap year in terms of Box Office grosses, especially when one considers inflationary influences. It is arguable that Batman Begins isn't that considerable a financial success... it's definitely not a bomb like The Island though... it's made back it's production budget and then some... however using only the Box Office numbers is a foolish way to judge the quality of a movie anyway.

Harvey Dent

The opposite is true for Batman '89. It WAS spectacular even with all it's flaws, and was an amazing piece of work. After it's run, IN 1989, it was on the Top Ten biggest movies of all time. You know, that same list that is now dominated by LOTR, Spiderman, Shrek, and Star Wars movies?
Yeah that list.

So in contrast(in that repect)...Batman Begins is a failure.

Those movies are kiddie friendly and that's why they did numbers that high.

maybe if they made Batman Begins more kiddie friendly your mother would have taken you there for a family outing and the movie would have made more money with all the mommies and daddies going.

oh yeah and don't forget to bring along Tiny Tim.

Harvey Dent
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
... however using only the Box Office numbers is a foolish way to judge the quality of a movie anyway.

Yup and this is why FLIPMODE's whole point is useless - Batman didn't beat Shrek at the box office and this guy goes Bonko's.

Joseph_Kerr
Don't forget the focus of this thread.. that Batman Begins sucked because it only made 200 mil domestically. My point was that the movie was in the top ten movies for comic book adaption and superhero movies. And that it was the 2nd grossing film for the Batman franchise. Of course how much a movie makes doesn't neccesarilly indicated the quality of the movie, but flipmode said that based upon how much the movie made, proves that it sucked. I am saying that based upon how much it made compared to other films of it's genre, that it was an excellent movie.

Harvey Dent
Just thought I'd make a thread for this.

Weekly Chart Review: 'Batman Begins' Tops $200M

3rd highest movie of the year just behind War of the Worlds at the no. 2 spot.

Batman Begins has done well.

I'm saying that bring in a more mainstream Villain (Joker) in the next movie and it will do +300million.

That's my prediction for the next movie.

NoFate007
I say the next film makes 190 or 230, it won't make another 100 million just for The Joker. This was the first Batman film in a while, so a lot of people went to see it because of that. The # of people seeing it because its a spectacle isn't gonna be the same # as the people that are gonna go see it because they saw Batman Begins. People went in and didn't like it, remember that. I'd love it to make millions and millions, I'd love it to top Titanic (piece of crap) but that's not gonna happen sadly

Myth
however using only the Box Office numbers is a foolish way to judge the quality of a movie anyway.

Exactly. I don't get this guy.

1. As xmarks said, BO numbers is a foolish way to judge the quality.

2. Even if it were an accurate measurement, Flipmode is still wrong because BB did do well in the box office.

sevenman
Originally posted by Kieralinn
The list for the top 100 grossing films of ALL time...Batman Begins is on there...Only two movies this summer beat it in ranking...(ROTS which...well....deserves it as the last SW film EVER! and WOTW), no other summer film released this year, is there and still gaining ground...what an ass you are for not conceding the fact that your opinion of the film is in the minority. Quit trying to be the one guy who hates it because you think you will look cool in
years to come to say that and just admit that just because you DIDN'T like it that others (mostly comic fans and critics) loved the film...Let it go you idiot!

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/domestic.htm DAMN YOU WHIPERSNAPPERS AND YOUR ABBREVIATIONS!

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Kieralinn
On all time worldwide though for 2005 Hitch, Mr & Mrs Smith and Madagascar have grossed more. Nonetheless Batman Begins although stuttering at the start has performed well overall.
Originally posted by Harvey Dent
Those movies are kiddie friendly and that's why they did numbers that high.
To be fair to those other movies, Batman Begins may have been gritty but it was rated PG-13 just like LOTR:ROTK, Spider-Man, SW:Episode III and Shrek. You can't really argue it was hurt by it's rating, it's not exactly Sin City in terms of violence.

sevenman
I say you're full of shit, NoFate007. It's got to make at least two hundred forty million. People went to see this movie because it was a good movie. It is the same reason for seeing the second one. People did not like the first Batman film, either. Even if this film makes only a hundred and fifty million I don't give a ****. I am happy they are making Batman movies at all. I hear from my sources that Christian Bale is hot. So maybe the second film will be saved by teenaged girls and moms.

sevenman
I hope there is more blood and violence in the next movie along with villains we haven't seen before like Black Mask, Dead Shot, or the Mad Hatter. And Ubu smacking Bruce Wayne and saying "Infidel!"

Harvey Dent
Originally posted by NoFate007
I say the next film makes 190 or 230, it won't make another 100 million just for The Joker. This was the first Batman film in a while, so a lot of people went to see it because of that. The # of people seeing it because its a spectacle isn't gonna be the same # as the people that are gonna go see it because they saw Batman Begins. People went in and didn't like it, remember that. I'd love it to make millions and millions, I'd love it to top Titanic (piece of crap) but that's not gonna happen sadly

I don't understand why you would say 'People went in and didn't like it' and use that for a reason why it didn't do that well.

Can you give me a source?!

I know a lot of non-hardcore batman fans who saw it and they loved it like hell.

sevenman
Got to respect the director. Spielberg is a tough dude.

Harvey Dent
On all time worldwide though for 2005 Hitch, Mr & Mrs Smith and Madagascar have grossed more. Nonetheless Batman Begins although stuttering at the start has performed well overall.

To be fair to those other movies, Batman Begins may have been gritty but it was rated PG-13 just like LOTR:ROTK, Spider-Man, SW:Episode III and Shrek. You can't really argue it was hurt by it's rating, it's not exactly Sin City in terms of violence.

Still it's more darker and not as bright and coulorful as those other movies. The dark mood to the film probably turned off most parents from taking their kids to see the movie.

That's why Spider-man and Shrek did so much better. I still belive this logic had something to do with box office numbers.

Lord of the Rings and Star Wars are in a whole different League. So I wouldn't compare them.

Also: Spider-man, Shrek, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings all have comic relief charaters.

Spider-man: (peter parker is comic releif, he's the joke craker of the comic book universe) ( plus ashey larrey from dave chapelle is in the movie for a second and the theatre door man is a comic releif character)

Shrek: a huge cast of comic releif (donkey is one of the many)

Star Wars: R2D2, C3P0

Lord of the Rings: Meri & Pippen are comic releif.

No character in Batman Begins was cast as comic relief. (although there are some smart jokes...this Batman is darker than those other movies.)

Is my theory of comic releif characters = bigger box office numbers accurate? or complete bull. Let me know!

In the end...I don't want any comic releif characters in Batman. Well then there's the Joker...

sevenman
**** soccer moms. My father took me to see BATMAN RETURNS when I was two years old. I saw BATMAN BEGINS with my nine year old brother, as a matter of fact.

Harvey Dent
Originally posted by sevenman
**** soccer moms. My father took me to see BATMAN RETURNS when I was two years old. I saw BATMAN BEGINS with my nine year old brother, as a matter of fact.

lol two years old? he probably didn't have money for a babysitter! So that doesn't count! Plus, who takes a two year old to the movies? they're too loud!

Fine that you saw it with your nine year old brother...remember I was talking about parents taking their kids..their kids friends..huge birthday parties...and so on...seeing it with your brother doesn't prove my point wrong.

I saw Shrek 2 in the threatres with my younger cousins...man so many noisy kids in that theatre...crying talking during the movie...that type of croud would not be at Batman Begins.

sevenman
You a very predjudice man, Harvey Dent. I saw Batman Begins a second time with my ******* and this twelve year old mexican who lives across the street and nobody was crying or nothing. I did not say a DAMN when I was two years old because I did not have alot of words to say besides my first: "Toitle".

Harvey Dent
You a very predjudice man, Harvey Dent. I saw Batman Begins a second time with my ******* and this twelve year old mexican who lives across the street and nobody was crying or nothing. I did not say a DAMN when I was two years old because I did not have alot of words to say besides my first: "Toitle".

How am I predjudice? and who are you going all judge, jury, and executioner on me, withought even knowing me?

I'm not inquiring what races you saw the movie with or where they live..all I'm saying is that Batman Begins isn't kiddie friendly, like movies such as Shrek, Spider-man, and so on.

sevenman
I'm K7, *****! I saw The Terminator when I was one or two, too. Sex scenes and all.

Harvey Dent
I'm K7, *****! I saw The Terminator when I was one or two, too. Sex scenes and all.

very impressive!

Harvey Dent

1. you have no memory when you are one or two (that's whay you don't know exacltly if you were one of two!)

2. Children seeing sex scenes at that young age only think that the male is hurting the female and don't know what sex even is.

3. Don't flatter yourself!

4. K7? your name is MUD as far as I'm concerned.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.