Special Editions you gave into

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wolfie
I think we've all experienced this. You buy a movie, most of the time on the release date or close to it, and later, you find out about some type of "special edition" or director's cut. You're mad because you already have the movie so you don't want to buy the new one even if it has an extra half hour added to it or 200 more deleted scenes.

So what special editions or director's cuts did you wind up buying when you had the original?

Underworld (gave the original to my dad)
Clerks (original sitting in a drawer not doing anything)
Hellboy (disc 1 of original was stolen so I have disc 2 sitting underneath Clerks)

I'm close to being suckered into Old School and the new Office Space coming out. Another reason being that I accidently bought the full screen versions of them.

X-Men was a close one, I almost bought it to upgrade from videos when I saw a commercial for the 1.5 DVD.

Myth
Well Kill Bill, Sin City, Shawshank Redemption and AVP are four movies that I'm going to do this with.
I've had Full Metal Jacket but bought another with the 11 movie Kubrick Collection.
Terminator 2 (had to have the metal case)
Always debate about Snatch. If Lock Stock got a great SE then I would get that and feel obligated to get the SE for Snatch as well. Unfortunately, Snatch is more popular to the general public.

Snowbeast
I bought both Daredevil releases and outside of buying both editions of the LOTR trilogy, I haven't done it again but I more than likely will for any Star Wars DVD..

DeVi| D0do
I bought the Memento Limited Edition and Donnie Darko Director's Cut. That's all.

Wolfie
I think it would be good to own the Daredevil and Donnie Darko director's cuts as well as the originals. Especially since the Daredevil DC is just the movie, no special features as I have heard.

MildPossession
Ones I got again for a different edition

Donnie Darko director's Cut
Shaolin Soccer
Kung Fu Hustle
Ong Bak - Both uncut thai/luc besson edition
Leon
Edward Scissorhands - when new one released in few months
A Tale of Two Sisters
The Transporter
Battle Royale
Casshern
Pitch Black

and more

Pandemoniac
Only been tricked once. As a Lord of the Rings fan I immediately bought the first movie as soon as it was available on DVD. On this very DVD was a commercial for the extended version and I went like 'you bastards!!!'. Now I check for any upcoming versions of movies that I wish to buy before actually getting them.
I sold the first version of LOTR at a reasonable price, and since then my movie-collection exists only out of SE's, extended and Directors cut editions if available.

Cinemaddiction
I own both editions of "LOTR", just to have a complete library of the films. I don't always want to sit down and watch a 4 hour version of those movies as opposed to a 2 1/2 - 3 hour edition. Not to mention, the DVD's don't share the same extras. The EE special features aren't on the CE's and vice versa.

Pandemoniac
True, although I care more for the extra minutes of actual movie compared to the extra's.

movie_madhead
Silence of the lambs
Scarface
Heat
Shawshank Redemption

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.