The Real Truth of Vampires

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shoe-freak
ok.. vampires are real, here is the truth:

1.vampires do not turn into bats
2.do not fear holy water
3. fear sunlight
4. can't eat garlic but don't fear it
5. don't intend to hurt humans, just taking the amount of blood they need to survive

wink there it is. or if you have more tell me

T.M
blink

please

BENITO
Originally posted by shoe-freak

2.do not fear holy water
3. fear sunlight
5. don't intend to hurt humans, just taking the amount of blood they need to survive

wink there it is. or if you have more tell me are you writing a novel?

Darth Nauj

2.do not fear holy water
3. fear sunlight

shhhhhhh dont tell humans were out there

im one of them

carnival_junkie

2.do not fear holy water
3. fear sunlight

there are MANY different legends about vampires, their motives and their existance.

point is that there has never been an occurance of an actual vampire...
just some crazy nut cases who liked to drink blood.
even dracula wasnt a vampire. he was just as mortal as you or i, but the people of transylvania feared him to be a vampire mainly because of two things.

dracula meaning dragon.
and the fact that he drank his captives blood before he went into battle.

I have a thing for vampires, as you can tell from my signature, I find them fascinating.

But I certainly dont believe that they exist.

shoe-freak
o'course i am! NO i'm not. jeez you believe that vampires turn into bats. that was a movie, i was READING a BOOK ( NOT A NOVEL) about vampires!

carnival_junkie
o'course i am! NO i'm not. jeez you believe that vampires turn into bats. that was a movie, i was READING a BOOK ( NOT A NOVEL) about vampires!

god i hope your ignorance is merely for humour...

BENITO
o'course i am! NO i'm not. jeez you believe that vampires turn into bats. that was a movie, i was READING a BOOK ( NOT A NOVEL) about vampires! whats the diff?

shoe-freak
novels are fiction

BENITO
novels are fiction I think what you're reading is fiction though

Darth Nauj
vampire

SlipknoT
Pathetic........

Darth_Otaku

It was a Darren Shan book wasn't it? wink

Lemonade Whiz
The whole vampire schtick is kind of overdone it seems to me.

DarkC

2.do not fear holy water
3. fear sunlight

Stop watching Blade so much.

Wickerman
Originally posted by carnival_junkie
there are MANY different legends about vampires, their motives and their existance.

point is that there has never been an occurance of an actual vampire...
just some crazy nut cases who liked to drink blood.
even dracula wasnt a vampire. he was just as mortal as you or i, but the people of transylvania feared him to be a vampire mainly because of two things.

dracula meaning dragon.
and the fact that he drank his captives blood before he went into battle.

I have a thing for vampires, as you can tell from my signature, I find them fascinating.

But I certainly dont believe that they exist.

1 on 1 crappy history? erm

Please give me an official link or reference for the steaming crap in that post thumb up

~wickerman~

ps: sorry if i sound offensive, but i've been in waaaaaaaay too many Vlad the Impaler discussions over the years.

hotsauce6548

2.do not fear holy water
3. fear sunlight

So, how's the novel coming along?

I have to admit, not a very original idea, but hey, whatever floats your boat. roll eyes (sarcastic)

a1hsauce
people stop watching bela lugosi movies

PrinceofBlades

god i hope your ignorance is merely for humour...

I pray that it is...no expression

amity75
I'm...going...to...take...a...break...from...these...forums...for...a...while.

Wickerman
Originally posted by amity75
I'm...going...to...take...a...break...from...these...forums...for...a...while.

Au...revoir...

~wickerman~

PrinceofBlades
It doesn't make it better....trust me

Vathu
wtf is that on your sig? it looks slightly familiar to me where did you find it?

PrinceofBlades
how you have opened pandora's box...

Wickerman
Originally posted by Vathu
wtf is that on your sig? it looks slightly familiar to me where did you find it?

A .gif of a lich from the game Baldur's Gate 2. But i call it "The Vampire Boogie" thumb up

~wickerman~

Vathu
aaah cool

Rogue Jedi
there is no such thing as vampires. just like there is no such thing as bigfoot, ufo's, area 51, lochness monster or werewolves.

muserke
Mmm RJ, what a juicy-looking neck. droolio

Rogue Jedi
*pulls out silver daggers*
bring it, byatch.

muserke
Oh nevermind. whistle

Wickerman
I'm sure you gentlemen are aware of the fact that Bram Stoker never actually even went to Transylvania erm

~wickerman~

Rogue Jedi
who cares? theres no such a thing as vampires. if there were, dont you think we would've seen one by now?

BakaXero
someone in this thread is delusional

Rogue Jedi
anyone who believes in vampires is delusional.

Filth
Ok, alow me to explain things, as this threads creator seems to know nothing. Fist of all there are 2 main types of vampires thay are Sang and Energy. Sang vampires are your usual blood drinking vampires.energy vampires feed of energy that is produced by living things or maybe something like a thunder storm. A lot of energy
vampires feed from pantric energy this is the enegry that is produced by any living creatures astral body, now the reason any vampire feeds is the supplie its astral body with energy.

Now to sort out the myths from the fact: sunlight does not kill them but it does drain them quite heavely, as for garlic thats a myth does nothing, the cross wont work, stake to the heart well that will kill anything, as for immortality well the vampires astral body is immortal and for ever bound to this plane of existance.

Rogue Jedi
but there are no such thing as vampires.

kmcdude
Originally posted by DarkC
Stop watching Blade so much.

clapping

Filth
Oh but I can prove you wrong, a Vampire is something that feeds and lives of blood, so surely a mosquito IS a vampire?

kmcdude
Originally posted by Filth
Ok, alow me to explain things, as this threads creator seems to know nothing. Fist of all there are 2 main types of vampires thay are Sang and Energy. Sang vampires are your usual blood drinking vampires.energy vampires feed of energy that is produced by living things or maybe something like a thunder storm. A lot of energy
vampires feed from pantric energy this is the enegry that is produced by any living creatures astral body, now the reason any vampire feeds is the supplie its astral body with energy.

Now to sort out the myths from the fact: sunlight does not kill them but it does drain them quite heavely, as for garlic thats a myth does nothing, the cross wont work, stake to the heart well that will kill anything, as for immortality well the vampires astral body is immortal and for ever bound to this plane of existance.

hysterical Joke right?

Rogue Jedi
mosquitos are vampires? man, you are reaching. they are not immortal.

Filth
Originally posted by kmcdude
hysterical Joke right?

No not a joke, I have spent many long nights studying vampires, it is a reality that most people deign.

Filth
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
mosquitos are vampires? man, you are reaching. they are not immortal.

But a vampire doesa not have to be immortal....

Rogue Jedi
show me a damn vampire. i challenge any vampire to confront me and suck my blood.

kmcdude
No not a joke, I have spent many long nights studying vampires, it is a reality that most people deign.
How come I have never seen one?

Filth
show me a damn vampire. i challenge any vampire to confront me and suck my blood.

Ok alow me to attack the heart now, I know you are a cathollic yes? and durin the spanish inqusitions 1,000's were killed for being vampires by cathollics, these cathollics were pretty blood thirsty to do so, through out history cathollics have procicuted many for being shall we say.... different, your religion now a days tells you that vampires don;t exist but they have killed 1,000's for being vampires.

Wickerman
Ok alow me to attack the heart now, I know you are a cathollic yes? and durin the spanish inqusitions 1,000's were killed for being vampires by cathollics, these cathollics were pretty blood thirsty to do so, through out history cathollics have procicuted many for being shall we say.... different, your religion now a days tells you that vampires don;t exist but they have killed 1,000's for being vampires.

Most your arguements sound as if they came out of Vampire the Masquerade or some poorly written pen and paper game erm

SO if the Inquisition killed thousand of women for being "witches" that means witches existed/exist right? I guess the fact that they called people that owned BOOKS witches has nothing to do with it either right? Don't invoke the holy "inquisition" card if you can't play it.

In case you need layman's terms, people that owned books were called witches and killed. People that were a nuisance from either a political or administrative point of view were pointed out to as "witches" or "vampires", a corrupt priest (easy to find) and voila.....thousands of dead vampires and witches......... erm

~wickerman~

Filth
The point i was making is that his Catholic "religions" has changed its views, I do love the way religion can't stand to be wrong (though it was right in my belief)

Rogue Jedi
i am not catholic, i am christian. the fact remains that i dont believe in vampires. show me one. introduce them to me.

Count Dooku
I smell a Vampire Fanboy.

Rogue Jedi
i am a realist. i have to be able to see it or touch it in order to believe in it. the only exception is Jesus Christ.

carnival_junkie
Originally posted by Wickerman
1 on 1 crappy history? erm

Please give me an official link or reference for the steaming crap in that post thumb up

~wickerman~

ps: sorry if i sound offensive, but i've been in waaaaaaaay too many Vlad the Impaler discussions over the years.

No links. But history books about Dracula , thanks.

You dont sound offensive. I've heard worse.

hotsauce6548

I suggest you find a new hobby.

Cheers.

Wickerman
The point i was making is that his Catholic "religions" has changed its views, I do love the way religion can't stand to be wrong (though it was right in my belief)

Religion was correct in using its status to hold back evolution during the Dark Ages? erm You DO know they were called the DARK AGES because evolution from all points was brought to a standpoint mostly due to the influence of the church right? erm

~wickerman~

Wickerman
No links. But history books about Dracula , thanks.

You dont sound offensive. I've heard worse.

Find more reliable history books then erm . Dracula means nothing. Dracul means the devil in romanian/transylvanian. It was also the nickname of Vlad the Impaler's father. He belonged to an order of knights called knights of the dragon. But seeing as how translating from latin was a b1tch back then, they turned draco into dracu (which means devil). Try reading why Vlad the Impaler was said to drink the blood of the innocent. You'll find out those were stories made by merchants. You see, Vlad the Impaler, son of Vlad Dracul was the one responsible for imposing incredibly high taxes on merchants trying to bring stuff into Transylvania. Therefore, they said "He sucked their blood" as a metaphore for the money he asked for. etc........etc.........etc........

~wickerman~

Rogue Jedi
vampires? a reality? hows about a reality check for you?

SlipknoT
i am a realist. i have to be able to see it or touch it in order to believe in it. the only exception is Jesus Christ. But thats more un beliveable than Vampires, Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monsters ect... erm

shaber
I prefer the take where they are dangerous ghosts.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by SlipknoT
But thats more un beliveable than Vampires, Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monsters ect... erm
not for me. i have seen too many things that could only be divine intervention.

SlipknoT
Thats a Slayer Album happy

Acherontia
There is a Vampiric Desease, its hereditary.

Your canins are longer, You are very sensitive to sunlight, in rare cases your bones are fluorecent pink or green, And your face becoms dehydrated and shrivles. Its ebascue your body naturally misses out in a component in your blood.

Rogue Jedi
that doesnt make you a vampire.

Acherontia
Its from that desease that vampires and there Myths originated from.

Rogue Jedi
still, it doesnt make you a vampire.

Acherontia
"Vampire" is a Myth, a Creature that does not exist, No the deases does not amek youa vampire, but its what started the myth and stories.

There is no such thing as vampires, only stories and mentally ill people.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Acherontia
"Vampire" is a Myth, a Creature that does not exist, No the deases does not amek youa vampire, but its what started the myth and stories.

There is no such thing as vampires, only stories and mentally ill people.
i couldnt have said it better myself. well put!!!

Sl33pingHollow
OK this is a pointless thread,if I were a MOD I would put this thread UNDER the 'Sucky thread' box

Rogue Jedi
but you arent a mod. you dont like the thread? dont visit it.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Acherontia
Its from that desease that vampires and there Myths originated from.

Show me where it says that this disease existed during ancient times, since that's when the myth of creatures sucking blood to live their undead lives began. People keep thinking the stories about vampires started with Dracula......well they didn't. They've been around all over the world, since ancient times. Asia, India, Europe, Africa.

1. no proof that this disease existed back then
2. ASSUMING that this disease existed back then, there's a little problem. Children or young adults that were sick or weak would normally either be killed or they'd just die outright. No myths created.
3. again, ASSUMING that this incredibly rare disease (that hasn't been discovered for a long time) existed back then, explain how it ran around the entire world hmm? given that each important ancient culture had these myths, but with variations......
4. The reason why vampire myths started out is much more simple.

here's part of a discussion i had with moosey on the subject a lil while ago:

Moose: "Nations ALL over the world tell similar stories, from the Bhuta in Asia and the Pacific, to the Kappa in Japan: the Civateto in Mexico to the Incubus or Succubus in The Western world. All people's seem to have a VAMPIRE of some sort...dating back to earliest times....it's more than uncanny...it's indicting, in my opinion anyhow."

Me: They're all very different. The Incubus for instance stole the virgins' life energy, not blood in order to survive, but yeah, i know what you're saying. It's just a manifestation of man;s fear of death. The embodiment of this fear is the loss of blood that in ancient times was seen as life. Blood = life, someone that steals it/takes it from you, kills you, and is a monster.

~wickerman~

Rogue Jedi
no vampires!!! laughing out loud

Storm
There is very little evidence to suggest that porphyria had anything to do with the development of the original folklore.

Ceterum censeo OTF esse delendam.

Rogue Jedi
???

SlipknoT
poo poo

Rogue Jedi
vampiric poo poo?

Imaginary

2.do not fear holy water
3. fear sunlight

Yes. Vampires are scared of Sarah Michelle Gellar no expression

Rogue Jedi
dont forget blade.

hotsauce6548
dont forget blade.

And Arnold Swarzzxennager.

Even though he was never in a movie about vampires...

EVERYBODY FEARS SWARXZZENAGOR.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Storm
There is very little evidence to suggest that porphyria had anything to do with the development of the original folklore.

You took my big@ss post and made it into a short logical coherent one. For this, you shall die sad

~wickerman~

Storm
Death smiles at us all, all a man can do is smile back stick out tongue

JLred
Actually you all are all wrong...according to National Geographics column on mythys that might be true...there was one and only one vampire...his name was The Count....

http://www.umich.edu/~urecord/9798/Mar25_98/sesame.jpg

cindy8219

2.do not fear holy water
3. fear sunlight

if you come across Marius please let him know I love him.

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by JLred
Actually you all are all wrong...according to National Geographics column on mythys that might be true...there was one and only one vampire...his name was The Count....

http://www.umich.edu/~urecord/9798/Mar25_98/sesame.jpg

lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.