Velvet Revolver

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bad Wolf
http://www.ear.fm/Encyclopedia%20V/velvet_revolver.jpg

I heard Fall to pieces on the radio yesterday and have since become hooked on this band. Who likes 'em? The gituarist is out of GNR his name is slash but i didn't find that out till today!

So who likes 'em?

jaden101
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=316011&highlight=velvet+revolver

Df02
the lead singer annoys me... "look at me i have a flat stomach... i can wear little girl's shirts'"

SlipknoT
Terrible Band

Alpha Centauri
They're not terrible, let's be honest.

-AC

SlipknoT
I just cant stand them

Alpha Centauri
Fair enough, of course.

Not a terrible band though. Simple Plan are.

-AC

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by Df02
the lead singer annoys me... "look at me i have a flat stomach... i can wear little girl's shirts'"

I agree yes

They aren't a terrible band or anything, I just don't like them...

jks
Originally posted by SlipknoT
Terrible Band Coming from someone with a screename of slipknot? Oh the irony.

Alpha Centauri
Considering that Slipknot aren't a terrible band, not too sure where you're coming from.

-AC

MildPossession
Not a fan of the band, don't think much of song for Fantastic Four.

jks
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Considering that Slipknot aren't a terrible band, not too sure where you're coming from.

-AC Well, whenyou realize they are terrible , it's quite clear where I'm coming from.

StinkFist462
Originally posted by jks
Well, whenyou realize they are terrible , it's quite clear where I'm coming from.

each member of Slipknot has a great amount of talent that isnt used to its fullest.

as for VR, i cant stand them one bit.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by jks
Well, whenyou realize they are terrible , it's quite clear where I'm coming from.

Terrible in what sense though? If you mean technically, the most eminent member is Mick Thompson. Jordison is overrated despite being extremely good.

Alpha Centauri
It must be said though, that Slipknot have 4 members that could easily be ditched.

So if you narrow it down to the members that matter:

Corey, Mick, Jim, Sid and Joey. All are amazing musicians.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
It must be said though, that Slipknot have 4 members that could easily be ditched.

-AC

Sid is the DJ you oafclown.

Alpha Centauri
Swear he was the bassist.

Shaun and Chris are the percussionists, Craig is the "samples" guy. So if Sid is the DJ, who is the bassist?

I could have sworn it was Sid.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Swear he was the bassist.

Shaun and Chris are the percussionists, Craig is the "samples" guy. So if Sid is the DJ, who is the bassist?

I could have sworn it was Sid.

-AP

Nah.

snake_eyes616
This band never should have happened. Slash should have just retired or made a solo album, not put together a new band.

Alpha Centauri
Oh yeah, is Paul.

Strange.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by snake_eyes616
This band never should have happened. Slash should have just retired or made a solo album, not put together a new band.

Well when you say a solo album, do you mean purely solo guitar?

If not, do you mean he should have formed a mediocre backing band?

snake_eyes616
yeah, like hendrix or solo clapton

Alpha Centauri
...and how good do you think that would have been? It would have been more shit than Velvet Revolver wouldn't it?

-AC

SlipknoT
Originally posted by jks
Coming from someone with a screename of slipknot? Oh the irony. Didn't you say You like Twisted Sister? mmm Your opinion is invalid.

jks
Didn't you say You like Twisted Sister? mmm Your opinion is invalid. Thanks for completely discrediting yourself.

SlipknoT
I must be going blind, I cant see where in that sentence I did...

jks
I must be going blind, I cant see where in that sentence I did... Oh, ok. It was the one two posts up from the one I am quoting here.

Glad I could help you out.

SlipknoT
All I can see is Me telling the blatant truth?

jks
All I can see is Me telling the blatant truth? Like I said, the post where you completely discredit yourself is the one where you said " Didn't you say You like Twisted Sister? mmm Your opinion is invalid".

Glad I could point it out for you.

SlipknoT
All I can see is Me telling the blatant truth?

jks
Originally posted by jks
Like I said, the post where you completely discredit yourself is the one where you said " Didn't you say You like Twisted Sister? mmm Your opinion is invalid".

Glad I could point it out for you. .

SlipknoT
All I can see is Me telling the blatant truth? We can do this for hours....

jks
We can do this for hours.... And it will make you look even more the fool.

Originally posted by jks
Like I said, the post where you completely discredit yourself is the one where you said " Didn't you say You like Twisted Sister? mmm Your opinion is invalid".

Glad I could point it out for you.

SlipknoT
Originally posted by jks
And it will make you look even more the fool. In your close minded opinion maybe....But I'm also not the one speaking like Mr. T....

jks
In your close minded opinion maybe...Nah, I mean how can any human of rational intelligence come to the conclusion that liking a band invalidates a statement on musical ability? Either you have been joking this whole time, you you are extremely intellectually inept. You're right, you are the one speaking like a 1st grader.

SlipknoT
Originally posted by jks
Nah, I mean how can any human of rational intelligence come to the conclusion that liking a band invalidates a statement on musical ability? If its liking Twisted Sister over Slayer then very easily.

StinkFist462
Twisted Sister sick

jks
If its liking Twisted Sister over Slayer then very easily. Where did anyone ever say they liked TS more than slayer?

Even still, your post only validates my claim anyway.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by jks

Even still, your post only validates my claim anyway.

What do you mean by that?

jks
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
What do you mean by that? That he must not be very intelligent if he thinks liking a band he doesn't like makes an opinion invalid.

Alpha Centauri
If you liked a band I didn't really like, I wouldn't call them a shit band because I didn't like them.

Twisted Sister are actually shit though.

-AC

Lana
Yeah, they are.

I like Velvet Revolver, quite a bit. My mom and I were talking about them last night because Sucker Train Blues had played on the radio laughing out loud

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by jks
That he must not be very intelligent if he thinks liking a band he doesn't like makes an opinion invalid.

Just clarifying.

jks
If you liked a band I didn't really like, I wouldn't call them a shit band because I didn't like them.

Twisted Sister are actually shit though.

-AC Way to contradict yourself in the same post, lol.

RagnaViper
Twisted Sister? Ugh, glam rock. There were some fairly talented glam rock musicians but there style is one of my most hated.

Anyhoo, I don't like Velvet Revolver at all. Not that they suck, it's just that I've never liked either STP or GNR. I am glad there is no Axl Rose though. Jeez, I hate that guy. It sounds like he sings with his nose.

Victor Von Doom
I don't find Axl's style to be nasal, it's more of a screech.

RagnaViper
Well, it would technically be a matter of opinion.

I just find him to be annoying. Not that he sucks or anything. I just find him to annoying, just like I find Dillinger Escape Plan annoying. DEP is actually a fine band. Though I still hate them, I have to admit they have some real talent.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by jks
Way to contradict yourself in the same post, lol.

I would be if I said they were shit because you liked them.

Which isn't what I'm doing.

-AC

Bad Wolf
I just cant stand them

You don't like good music do you slipKnot your name says it all puke

Bad Wolf
VELVET REVOLVER ROCK!

punkpunkpunkpunkpunkpunktazpunkpunk

Bad Wolf
band

punkpunkpunkpunkpunkpunktazpunkpunk

Lana
Originally posted by Bad Wolf
You don't like good music do you slipKnot your name says it all puke

Slipknot is an excellent band, what is with all the people who say they're crap?

And is it really necessary to post three posts in a row? No, it's not.

2-D

-AC

Yh But cocknose is cute and Clown gets to hit stuff wiv b-ball bat! Hiting Stuff is goodw00t

2-D
Originally posted by Lana
Slipknot is an excellent band, what is with all the people who say they're crap?

And is it really necessary to post three posts in a row? No, it's not.

Yh uh...i like slipknot now confused sorri!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.