Im Going To See Mcfly!!!!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DeepPink
I CANT WAIT!

big grin

Im going to see them live in october, and its gonna be great.

if you dont know them take a look: (they dont actually sing songs like this, this is sorta a joke)

http://www.dougiepoynter.co.uk/player.php?id=dougiegangstasparadise_dougiepoynter.net.wmv

http://www.dougiepoynter.co.uk/player.php?id=livdiarrhoea.wmv

this is their new single:

http://www.dougiepoynter.co.uk/player.php?id=illbeok.mpg

big grin

Revernd Maynard
Originally posted by DeepPink
I CANT WAIT!

big grin

if you dont know them take a look: (they dont actually sing songs like this, this is sorta a joke)

http://www.dougiepoynter.co.uk/player.php?id=dougiegangstasparadise_dougiepoynter.net.wmv

big grin sweet? confused i'll listen to mcfly and see if its sweet

DeepPink
Its a bit 'uncool', but I dont care what people think, I'll like whatever music i want yes

DarkC
Good for you.

(i have no idea who they are)

a1hsauce
eek! MARTY MCFLY!!!!! will you see the Doc too!?

Darth_Otaku
I was at Rock am Ring.

Slipknot,Slayer,Weezer,My Chemical Romance,Maroon 5,HIM,Lamb of God,Trivian and IRON F*CKING MAIDEN!!!!A very variated Line-up,but so cool!

DarkC
Originally posted by Darth_Otaku
I was at Rock am Ring.

Slipknot,Slayer,Weezer,My Chemical Romance,Maroon 5 and IRON F*CKING MAIDEN!!!!IA very variated Line-up,but so cool!
Oh, damn you.

Darth_Otaku
Originally posted by DarkC
Oh, damn you.

Damn me?

DeepPink
Originally posted by a1hsauce
eek! MARTY MCFLY!!!!! will you see the Doc too!?

laughing

The band were named after him yes

Theyre english, and have a sort of beach boys/beatles sound. They play all their own instruments and write their own music, they do a kickass cover of Pinball Wizard, and The Who are interested in working with them smile

Darth_Otaku
Cool Surfer music?

DeepPink
Yeah yes

Well I think so anyway.

Darth_Otaku
I like that.Relaxed,just like Reggae.

Darth_Otaku
Originally posted by DarkC
Oh, damn you.

RAR was cool.All those boob-flashes,ear-blasting music.Booze!

DeepPink
Check teh sig happy

It sthe bassist, Dougie Poynter

Darth_Otaku
You have a Crush dont you smile

T.M
yey for DP big grin

DeepPink
You have a Crush dont you smile

How did you guess? stick out tongue

And yes, yay for me laughing out loud

Darth_Otaku
You aint planing on going backstage and letting him have his way with you? confused

DeepPink
You aint planing on going backstage and letting him have his way with you? confused

Hell, I would laughing

Darth_Otaku
Hell, I would laughing

laughing out loud you s.l.u.t confused

DeepPink
laughing out loud you **** confused

Not gonna happen though, he isnt like that, I can tell yes

DeepPink
Anyways, I'm going with some friends, including Fetcharada in case anyone cares smile

T.M

he is gay ?

Darth_Otaku
Then he isn't a rockstar no expression

DeepPink
He isnt a rockstar, he's in a band . . . not really a rock band.

And there is a possibility that he is gay, but I think he's just a little shy around girls and cameras. yes

Darth_Otaku
He weres pink undies!'Course he's gay

T.M
he looks gay yes

DeepPink
They arent pink, theyre red, and he does not look gay! stick out tongue

Darth_Otaku
They arent pink, theyre red, and he does not look gay! stick out tongue

Your gonna let him have you no expression

DeepPink
Your gonna let him take you no expression

Am I? no expression

stick out tongue

T.M
he wont be interested no

he is gay yes

Darth_Otaku
Am I? no expression

stick out tongue

Probably.Yeah.Of course you will.He's in a band.Girls seem to love that.

Nick...its time to give up to solo-act...

Darth_Otaku
Silence points out the truth.

DeepPink
Probably.Yeah.Of course you will.He's in a band.Girls seem to love that.

Nick...its time to give up to solo-act...

Well whether I would or not is beside the point. It wont happen because he is 1. completely and utterly out of my league and 2. see the first reason. yes

DeepPink
I just found this quote:

"I could probably marry a fan."

Hmmm. . .

Darth_Otaku
Marrying.Hmmm.Go for it yes

DeepPink
laughing out loud

T.M
Well whether I would or not is beside the point. It wont happen because he is 1. completely and utterly out of my league and 2. see the first reason. yes

3. HE IS GAY !!!!!!

DeepPink
Originally posted by T.M
3. HE IS GAY !!!!!!

roll eyes (sarcastic)

NO HE ISNT!!!!!! stick out tongue

Darth_Otaku
Originally posted by T.M
3. HE IS GAY !!!!!!

Maybe your gay roll eyes (sarcastic)

T.M
big grin

i love him yes

stick out tongue

DeepPink
Originally posted by T.M
big grin

i love him yes

stick out tongue

hysterical

Me too happy

DeepPink
These are funny:

http://www.dougiepoynter.net/quotes.php

shaber
what genre are they?

DeepPink
Sort of pop/surf sort of thing. They have been described as the next Beatles by some people here in the UK but I think thats taking it a little far.

Alpha Centauri
McFly are wannabe Busted, if that's even possible.

They deserve to bleed, like fresh operation scars in a hot bath.

-AC

DeepPink
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

-AC

Thats the opinion of the majority of Britain, so BRAVO for confoming to societies definition of a band who's talent and genius is overshadowed by the showbiz label of 'boyband'.

smile

Alpha Centauri
Talent and genius? McFly? Hahaha, oh you kids. You're cute. I couldn't care what the rest of Britain thinks. They are what I said they are.

They call themselves a boyband, they call themselves pop.

Hahaha. Go back to pogoing up and down in your room, kid.

-AC

Sweet Chocolate
I CANT WAIT!

big grin

big grin

have...fun

Alpha Centauri
Wait...what?

Hahahaha, I have a fan.

-AC

Sweet Chocolate
big grinyes A big fan

DeepPink
Talent and genius? McFly? Hahaha, oh you kids. You're cute. I couldn't care what the rest of Britain thinks. They are what I said they are.

They call themselves a boyband, they call themselves pop.

Hahaha. Go back to pogoing up and down in your room, kid.

-AC

I will pogo if I choose to pogo.

But that is entirely beside the point. McFly play all their own instruments, write all their own music, and are the youngest band to ever have both their album and debut single at no. 1 (a record which the Beatles held until McFly broke it)

McFly are a great band, and its a shame people like you promote the idea that their music is only appreciated by kids. They are good musicians, and there isnt anything wrong with their music. Its pleasant enough to listen to, and if you dont like it then thats your opinion, not the be all and end all of McFly's talent.

Alpha Centauri
Hmm.....I wonder who you are.

-AC

Revernd Maynard

-AC laughing ouch

DeepPink
Hmm.....I wonder who you are.

-AC

Eh? Im me messed (me being Emma)

Alpha Centauri
But that is entirely beside the point. McFly play all their own instruments, write all their own music, and are the youngest band to ever have both their album and debut single at no. 1 (a record which the Beatles held until McFly broke it)

Avril Lavigne sold a million records. It doesn't mean she's good. It just means there's a million idiots out there.

Playing your instruments and writing your own music means nothing if you suck at both, which they do. This isn't up for debate.

McFly are a great band, and its a shame people like you promote the idea that their music is only appreciated by kids. They are good musicians, and there isnt anything wrong with their music. Its pleasant enough to listen to, and if you dont like it then thats your opinion, not the be all and end all of McFly's talent.

They aren't good musicians. They're a bunch of idiot kids getting abused by their record company into playing horrible music, robbing kids of their money and selling crisps for a living.

That's fact. I'm not saying it's ONLY appreciated by kids. If you're a kid who doesn't know better, there's an excuse. If you're older than 13 you should be ashamed of yourself.

-AC

Revernd Maynard
Avril Lavigne sold a million records. It doesn't mean she's good. It just means there's a million idiots out there.

Playing your instruments and writing your own music means nothing if you suck at both, which they do. This isn't up for debate.

They aren't good musicians. They're a bunch of idiot kids getting abused by their record company into playing horrible music, robbing kids of their money and selling crisps for a living.

That's fact. I'm not saying it's ONLY appreciated by kids. If you're a kid who doesn't know better, there's an excuse. If you're older than 13 you should be ashamed of yourself.

-AC oh god.....

DeepPink

-AC

So what youre saying is because you dont like their music and dont like them, no one else should? Has anyone ever pointed out to you that its possible for people to have different opinions and that each opinion is as valid as the next?

Alpha Centauri
Just as a disclaimer: Anything I say here pertains to the "music". Nothing personal, before people get overdramatic.

-AC

Revernd Maynard
So what youre saying is because you dont like their music and dont like them, no one else should? Has anyone ever pointed out to you that its possible for people to have different opinions and that each opinion is as valid as the next? erm here it comes

Alpha Centauri
So what youre saying is because you dont like their music and dont like them, no one else should? Has anyone ever pointed out to you that its possible for people to have different opinions and that each opinion is as valid as the next?

Well:

A) No, that's not it at all. They're just a horrible group.

B) Each opinion isn't as valid as the next. That's the viewpoint of a coward.

-AC

DeepPink
Just as a disclaimer: Anything I say here pertains to the "music". Nothing personal, before people get overdramatic.

-AC

Fair enough. But I still disagree with you. Their music isnt anything special, but it sure is good. Hell, if The Who want to work with them then its good enough for me.

DeepPink
Well:

A) No, that's not it at all. They're just a horrible group.

B) Each opinion isn't as valid as the next. That's the viewpoint of a coward.

-AC

If youre saying Im a coward then fair enough, Im not exactly brave, but I dont see how that is at all relative to McFly's music. And as for them being a horrible group, tell your 1 fan to tell their millions of fans that and see what happens.

Alpha Centauri
The Who are a bunch of aging rockers who used to be idols of mine until it became clear that Daltrey couldn't get over the fact that it wasn't his generation anymore.

That doesn't add anything to McFly. I'm not trying to convince you of anything, they're just a shit band.

-AC

DeepPink
The Who are a bunch of aging rockers who used to be idols of mine until it became clear that Daltrey couldn't get over the fact that it wasn't his generation anymore.

That doesn't add anything to McFly. I'm not trying to convince you of anything, they're just a shit band.

-AC

And Im just saying that despite your opinion I like McFly. And The Who remain to this day one of the greatest bands ever. Two word for you: Keith. Moon.

Alpha Centauri
And as for them being a horrible group, tell your 1 fan to tell their millions of fans that and see what happens.

I'd rather have no fans and be stuck in my room making music for myself than have a million screaming morons saying they like me.

And The Who remain to this day one of the greatest bands ever. Two word for you: Keith. Moon.

What about him? One of the most overrated drummers of all time. Terry Bozzio, Neil Peart, Danny Carey, John Bonham, Alvin Jones, Bill Bruford.....on wait. That's lost on you.

You're not gonna win if you're actually going to attempt to discuss music with me. You like McFly, for crying out loud.

-AC

Revernd Maynard
I'd rather have no fans and be stuck in my room making music for myself than have a million screaming morons saying they like me.

What about him? One of the most overrated drummers of all time. Terry Bozzio, Neil Peart, Danny Carey, John Bonham, Alvin Jones, Bill Bruford.....on wait. That's lost on you.

You're not gonna win if you're actually going to attempt to discuss music with me. You like McFly, for crying out loud.

-AC Neil Pertdroolio Danny Carey droolio

DeepPink

-AC

Ok, ok. If you're stupid enough to think that because I like McFly I dont also like bands that are considered 'cool' then take a look at my profile. And has this turned into something about winning and losing now? Well youre obviously JUST as mature as you say you are. . .

And go ahead and assume things are lost on me, just go ahead. Actually giving me a chance to tell you what I do know about music is obviously beneath you.

Alpha Centauri
A) No it's not about winning or losing, just giving you a little down-to-earth reminder incase you get ahead of yourself. Like I said, nothing personal.

B) I couldn't give a crap about "cool". Your profile? I see Avril, New Found Glory, Sum 41 and No Doubt. You just demeaned your own taste further.

C) Anyone can use Google wink. The fact that you listen to the aforementioned bands pretty much says that you wouldn't have a clue who the people I mentioned are, without Google-ing them.

-AC

Revernd Maynard
A) No it's not about winning or losing, just giving you a little down-to-earth reminder incase you get ahead of yourself. Like I said, nothing personal.

B) I couldn't give a crap about "cool". Your profile? I see Avril, New Found Glory, Sum 41 and No Doubt. You just demeaned your own taste further.

C) Anyone can use Google wink. The fact that you listen to the aforementioned bands pretty much says that you wouldn't have a clue who the people I mentioned are, without Google-ing them.

-AC that is honestly the first smilie i have ever seen you use laughing

Alpha Centauri
It's not wink. Because I've used them in many other posts to many other people including you.

You rascal.

-AC

Revernd Maynard
It's not wink. Because I've used them in many other posts to many other people including you.

You rascal.

-AC as if i remember them roll eyes (sarcastic) only because i was trying to figure out the insult in what you were saying to me

Alpha Centauri
Oh, that's our silly Maynard.

We love him here really. Even though he does smell like saws.

-AC

Revernd Maynard
Oh, that's our silly Maynard.

We love him here really. Even though he does smell like saws.

-AC just because live in a tool shed doesn't mean i smell like *smells self* ok well you got me there cheesburgerler

DeepPink

-AC

Ok, so you carefully ignore any bands that actually would make my point. Well known, good bands. (Take another look. . . try Led Zeppelin, The Clash, Nirvana. . . I cant even be bothered typing the rest.)

A down to earth reminder of what exactly? Keep up AC, youre getting ahead of yourself wink

Ok, so now my ability to name bands and their members determines my taste in music and how good it is. Speaking of that, my taste is MY taste, what I like isnt good or bad, its me, so by saying its bad, it is personal.

And by the way I could name bands and sh!t, but theres not exactly much point when youre gonna accuse me of googling it is there?

Alpha Centauri
Ok, so you carefully ignore any bands that actually would make my point. Well known, good bands. (Take another look. . . try Led Zeppelin, The Clash, Nirvana. . . I cant even be bothered typing the rest.)

Nirvana? They've been raped so badly that it's not even a plus to your rep to like them. Anyone who claims to like Rock, likes Nirvana.

Same with Zeppelin. Name checked by wannabes everywhere. Poor Joe Strummer would be rolling in his grave.

A down to earth reminder of what exactly? Keep up AC, youre getting ahead of yourself wink

Ok, so now my ability to name bands and their members determines my taste in music and how good it is. Speaking of that, my taste is MY taste, what I like isnt good or bad, its me, so by saying its bad, it is personal.

It's not personal because I'm not attacking you and I'm making it abundantly clear now so that no over zealous mods have excuses. You have shit taste in music. I'm not saying you're a shit person, you might be the nicest girl in the world.

And by the way I could name bands and sh!t, but theres not exactly much point when youre gonna accuse me of googling it is there?

No because there's not much point, because in the time it's taken you to do this, you have googled already. It's textbook and I've dealt with it all before.

No Avril Lavigne or New Found Glory fanatic has any credible music opinion. At all.

-AC

DeepPink
Ok. Fine.

I'll just tell you I got into Nirvana through a Radio 1 interveiw with Pixies, which debated whether or not Nirvana would have existed without Pixies. (For the record I think they would have but the music would have been shit)

And if youre that closed minded that you dismiss peoples opinion on the basis of their taste in music then I dont really think youre opinion is all that solid.

Alpha Centauri
If someone likes shit music, then it's not closed minded to dismiss their opinion of music. Your definition of what's good music is completely shit. Sure you like the rock bands that everyone claims they like, but you also like alot of corporate shit.

Don't talk of my opinion not being solid. Your musical interests include McFly, New Found Glory and Avril Lavigne.

-AC

tabby999
i looked, assuming i didn't miss it, and she dosn't like Simple Plan, so that gives her a certain amount of respect from me. BUT she likes McFly, Avril and NFG, so at the moment respect stands at 1%

Otaku

-AC

laughing out loudlaughing out loudlaughing out loud True

nick1811
i agree with AC 100% on this, McFly are truly awful, and untalented.

Otaku
Hey...i saw Lamb of God on Rock am Ring.They rock rock

nick1811
you lucky son of a *****!!! i have to wait 'til december before i can see them live...

Otaku
Hey...my mom is not a b1tch.I saw them and i saw Slipknot,Slayer,HIM and Iron Maiden...

Otaku
Originally posted by nick1811
you lucky son of a *****!!! i have to wait 'til december before i can see them live...

Mehhh...They rock more on a race-track.(Rock am Ring,ring~Racetrack.)

frodo34x
Originally posted by Otaku
I was at Rock am Ring.

Slipknot,Slayer,Weezer,My Chemical Romance,Maroon 5,HIM,Lamb of God,Trivian and IRON F*CKING MAIDEN!!!!A very variated Line-up,but so cool! Frigging awesome!!!

To the thread creator : Pink, frilly (and maybe even french style).

DeepPink
Originally posted by frodo34x
Frigging awesome!!!

To the thread creator : Pink, frilly (and maybe even french style).

Well I'm taking your gf so UP YOURS stick out tongue

(that is a joke, although Claire is coming smile )

DeepPink
Originally posted by tabby999
i looked, assuming i didn't miss it, and she dosn't like Simple Plan, so that gives her a certain amount of respect from me. BUT she likes McFly, Avril and NFG, so at the moment respect stands at 1%

1. You dont know me.

2. Shut the **** up.

Thanks.

Otaku
whats NFG?

DeepPink
New Found Glory. I have ONE song of theirs on the Rock Against Bush album (I think) and I get completely slagged for liking it roll eyes (sarcastic)

Otaku
Is it with that shy guitarist who was on MTV daring to call himself and the other guitarist a Axeman?

DeepPink
I have absolutely no idea erm

As I said, I heard a song and liked it. Thats it smile

Otaku
And you got slagged,for having an incredibly bad music taste?A taste that i despise more then Gary Glitter or James Blunt?laughing out loud

DeepPink
As I said to everyone else, read my profile, I also like bands that are slightly more popular then the ones people are using to take the piss roll eyes (sarcastic)

Otaku
Jesus...it was a joke...

DeepPink
Well thats ok then happy

I CANT WAIT FOR OCTOBER 6TH!!!!! big grin

Enslaved
Well thats ok then happy

I CANT WAIT FOR OCTOBER 6TH!!!!! big grin

I already saw them..so cute

DeepPink
Originally posted by Enslaved
I already saw them..so cute

big grin

nagnagnag
McFly covering Pinball Wizard?
What are they thinking? Sorry, i meant: What are their record companies thinking???? And in the video, they have a huge THE WHO poster in the background as if that somehow justifies their slaughtering it! Like, "oh but look we have a poster of the band who originally sang this 'rocking' tune, cos like, you know, really at heart we're totally rock kids." They're worse than that c*nt from Fame Academy!!! Peter whatshisface. JEeeesus.

Alpha Centauri
Not quite sure who they think they are, or if they think people are gonna go "Oh look, the like The Who. That means they're good."

Infact, that will probably happen.

They should stick to selling crisps. They're better at that.

-AC

R2D2-89
Mcfly are awful bangin

nagnagnag
My brain hurts: i can't decide which is worse, the cover of 'Pale Blue Eyes' Limp Bizkit did, or this.
Why do people like them? They make me want to drown things.

Alpha Centauri
The song is called Behind Blue Eyes.

-AC

nagnagnag
hahaha! oh so it is, god i'm as bad as McFly! Must've been thinking about the Velvet Underground or something.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.