Dane Cook... The next big comedian?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
This guy is hilarious! I've seen him do standup on Comedy Central/ be on talk shows and he's damn funny. Anyone else like him?
If you don't know much about him, go here: http://www.danecook.com/main.html

StaT1c
He's AVERAGE in my opinion. He can deliver quite well.

Carlos Mencia is the shit. F*ck the haters.

Darth Mantis
Originally posted by StaT1c
He's AVERAGE in my opinion. He can deliver quite well.

Carlos Mencia is the shit. F*ck the haters. Carlos Mencia is a funny f*cker.

§P0oONY
Bill Bailey w00t

Revernd Maynard

Revernd Maynard
Mitch Hedberg...i think

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Revernd Maynard
Mitch Hedberg...i think

He was very funny

rip

Alpha Centauri
Dane Cook sucks man.

-AC

SnakeEyes
You suck man.

intoxicatedpoet
Originally posted by Darth Mantis
Carlos Mencia is a funny f*cker.

No he isn't.

I've never heard of Dane Cook, IMO, Jim Gaffigan's the next George Carlin.

random task
jim gaffigan's funny. funniest guy i've ever seen is richard pryor... but that's just me.

oh, and dane cook's alright.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
You suck man.

I don't, I do quite rule.

Dane Cook sucks though. To be honest I always thought the one and only comedic requirement is that you be funny. He lacks this.

-AC

StaT1c
Originally posted by intoxicatedpoet
No he isn't.

I've never heard of Dane Cook, IMO, Jim Gaffigan's the next George Carlin. Yes he is. This is rather pointless though. I guess you just have to be Hispanic to understand his humor better. Oh well.

intoxicatedpoet
Yes he is. This is rather pointless though. I guess you just have to be Hispanic to understand his humor better. Oh well.

If you have to be a certain ethnicity in order to understand a comic's humour, the comic isn't trying very hard to broaden his audience.

StaT1c
Originally posted by intoxicatedpoet
If you have to be a certain ethnicity in order to understand a comic's humour, the comic isn't trying very hard to broaden his audience. I guess not (it's probably also an American thing which plays a role in his humor). Just like some people don't throughly understand British humor or Black humor, I guess it also goes for Mencia; however, at the end of the day, they still have their millions of fans. Comedy isn't always about reaching out to everyone, lots of times it's focused on reaching a certain group of people in particular. Stereotyping the way you typed "humour", I'm guessing you're from Europe so I'm not suprised you don't agree with me but I could be wrong. It's all good tho. smile

intoxicatedpoet
I guess not (it's probably also an American thing which plays a role in his humor). Just like some people don't throughly understand British humor or Black humor, I guess it also goes for Mencia; however, at the end of the day, they still have their millions of fans. Stereotyping the way you typed "humour", I'm guessing you're from Europe so I'm not suprised you don't agree with me but I could be wrong. It's all good tho. smile

I'm French just to clarify. And I like black & british comics, Mencia just doesn't do it for me.

moises
My back hurts

moises
Pablo Francisco...

hotsauce6548
Dane Cook?

Never heard of her.

Anybody hear of the Amazing Johnathan? big grin

BackFire
I've liked Dane Cook for a good 4 years or so, when I first saw him I just knew he'd be big one day, looks like that day is now.

Brilliant comedian with more energy then just about anyone.

Vyxen
he's is so F**king funny laughing out loud

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by BackFire
I've liked Dane Cook for a good 4 years or so, when I first saw him I just knew he'd be big one day, looks like that day is now.

Brilliant comedian with more energy then just about anyone.

Exactly... Dane Cook = awesome cool

GuitarBunny
This guy is hilarious! I've seen him do standup on Comedy Central/ be on talk shows and he's damn funny. Anyone else like him?
If you don't know much about him, go here: http://www.danecook.com/main.html i soo fu.cking love him!! eek!

bardock
he is pretty good

Xtremechik2
Brian Regan!

GuitarBunny
anyone here heard of Stephen Lynch? confused

bardock
yeah

how about the host of distraction he is very in his routine

GuitarBunny
Originally posted by bardock
yeah

how about the host of distraction he is very in his routine he's pretty gruesome...atleast what they have to do one the show...he's name ins Jimmy Carr stick out tongue

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by GuitarBunny
anyone here heard of Stephen Lynch? confused

Yup, but my friends who tell me about him make him out to be God or something, so I've kinda grown to dislike him. confused

GuitarBunny
Yup, but my friends who tell me about him make him out to be God or something, so I've kinda grown to dislike him. confused aww...well he is pretty awesome yes

SnakeEyes
I'll have to check him out, but he better be awesome! mad

DineshD
Greatest Comedians : Mitch Hedberg R.I.P, Russell Peters, George Lopez, Pablo Francisco, Brian Regan , and Chris Rock. Carlos Mencia is funny for about 30 seconds, then his comedy just gets predictable and stupid. Happy Dance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.