What was going through your head during the closing sequences(s)?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kalsemo
I thought the other thread about the opening sequence was quite revealing and interesting to read.... so... I pose the same question but regarding the closing sequence(s).... the last 5 minutes of the movie or so.

I just kept getting goosebumps the whole time, especially when Luke was passed to Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen and the sweeping "binary sunset" music came on.... and then, bam! the closing music started, I was just so sad that it was all over.....

Ast Rofan
I was thinking...

I hope I dont fall down these damn steps on the way out. sad

kremzike
The end was quite impactful for me. I knew already what the last shot was going to be, so I was ready for it, then glad to see it. But once the credits hit and the lights went up, and a lot of people applauded & started to leave, my friend and I simply sat there in silence. I leaned forward, watching the credits and listening to the music. Never said a word until it was over, and once it was, he and I just looked at each other with that look that can only be shared by a couple of heterosexual-yet-still-gay Star Wars fanboys. A look that says, "It was all worth it. The money spent, the years waiting, the time invested in all previous episodes. It was all worth it."

Then we went into the lobby and took pictures with R2-D2.

Sir Mist
I was thinking...

'meh...it was alright i suppose..'

Pfft....more like 'holy f*ck, must...see.....again...'

kalsemo
Another exact thought I had: Maybe I can hide somewhere in the theater and sneak back in for the very next showing!

DeVi| D0do
Actually, it didn't have as much impact on me as I thought it would...

But maybe that's because I still couldn't believe I was watching the last new Star Wars movie I'd ever see.

Jedi Priestess
Having made the mistake of reading the book the week prior to the release, my initial reaction was...."Damn this movie was butchered!" mad and "damn I was too spoiled! " crybaby

It wasnt till after I saw it 3 more times that I fully appreciated it.

Sir Mist
I did that for AOTC.....so I stayed away from the book til I'd seen ROTS....I would have been disappointed, the book was cool.

Scarecrow756
I was thinking, well this has been a great movie and I am totally satisfied with the whole Star Wars Saga. Also I was also thinking man I got to see this again. And finally I thought ESB has and always will be my favourite Star Wars movie. It was even better then ROTS.

.:Space Opera:.
i was thinking,

"Wow, they wrapped that up fast..."

and,

"that was alot of info took take in at the end ther"

and,

"why did Vader scream like frankenstein?"

Darth Nauj
I was like wow this is a great movie and I have to watch it again. plus I made a mistake of buying a large drink so I had to wait till the movie ended to pee messed

guiro72
"thank god that didn't suck"..."star wars might even actually be cool again"...

probably also "man, i need a cigarette"...don't really remember, but that's usually what i'm thinking at the end of a film...

the frankenstein scene totally confused me...like being slapped in the face with a wet fish...also that they really skipped over some things fast (qui gonn etc.)...

basically though, i was relieved to be buzzing, i've felt blase about sw for a few years now so that was a big relief...

mandalorian_war
damn i g2g pee

kalsemo
Originally posted by Darth Nauj
I was like wow this is a great movie and I have to watch it again. plus I made a mistake of buying a large drink so I had to wait till the movie ended to pee messed

TMI stick out tongue

Captain REX
Yeah, I made that mistake too, Nauj. My bladder was going to jump out and strangle me if I didn't go, and it was nearing the end of Obi vs. Ani...I got back just in time to see Anakin get his limbs hacked off... stick out tongue

During the closing sequences I was thinking "Man, I need to blink..." and "Damn that felt good to pee..." and "Man, I need to blink..." and "I need more soda..."

kalsemo
Originally posted by Captain REX
"Damn that felt good to pee..."

bored TMI Again!!!! bored

Jedi Priestess
Yeah, I made that mistake too, Nauj. My bladder was going to jump out and strangle me if I didn't go, and it was nearing the end of Obi vs. Ani...I got back just in time to see Anakin get his limbs hacked off... stick out tongue

."

you left DURING THE DUEL?????????????????? are you MAD man????? laughing laughing laughing NO ONE leaves during the single most important part of the bloody movie rexxy roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

Backspace
Probalby something along the lines of THAT MOVIE RULED!!!!

Moff jango
i wasc thinking 'Will that freak in a stormtrooper suit get outta da way. He's standing before the screen.

Flying High
i was erm thinking....'right....toilet...then pizza hut'.....or maybe it was 'wow that was awesome and i actually understood this all the first time(thank you brother for informing me on star wars)'....

Moff jango
U don't mean u didn't know SW till u brother told u about it?

Eleonora
I was suddenly filled with the uttermost sadness (and regret that I had spoiled most of the movie for myself) ........
"That's it? Buaaaahhhhh!!!!"

Captain REX
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
you left DURING THE DUEL?????????????????? are you MAD man????? laughing laughing laughing NO ONE leaves during the single most important part of the bloody movie rexxy roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

If I wanted to live to see it again (which I did), I had to. stick out tongue

Jedi Priestess
Oh no one ever died from having to pee. laughing out loud

kalsemo
Originally posted by Flying High
i was erm thinking....'right....toilet...then pizza hut'.....

Man, this thread is supposed to be about everyone's thoughts on the movie, not about everyone's thoughts on their bodily functions!!!! stick out tongue stick out tongue stick out tongue

Sheeeeesssh!

Captain REX
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
Oh no one ever died from having to pee. laughing out loud

I would have died from embarrasment. stick out tongue

Moff jango
yeah lol

Darth Koroni
I was thinking, godamn my ass itches.

McGregorGirl
After I stopped shaking after the Vader outburst....lol

I was thinking.....

HOW HOW HOW...do they think that sending the one kid that carries his fathers last name, putting him on his father's home planet WITH his father's family....to hide said child from said father......was a good idea?!?!

I mean, this takes "hiding in plain sight" just a tad far.....

Darth Nauj
Originally posted by kalsemo
TMI stick out tongue
girl please *snap,snap,snap stick out tongue

During the closing sequences I was thinking "Man, I need to blink..." and "Damn that felt good to pee..." and "Man, I need to blink..." and "I need more soda..."
wow cant believe you left during the battle and I couldnt believe I lasted all the way thru wanting to pee so badly

McGregorGirl
LOL...all you people having to pee...lol

Just be glad The Duel didn't take place on Camino! blink

Gryn Jabar
I can imagine Anakin lying on the ground.
"Ahhhh, I'm suffering mild discomfort!"

Flying High
Originally posted by Moff jango
U don't mean u didn't know SW till u brother told u about it?
i knew the basics....but my brother knows most things there is to know about star wars...he has a website and most of the books (seriously)

so he was telling me more complex stuff and crap...

kalsemo
Originally posted by Darth Nauj
girl please *snap,snap,snap stick out tongue

rolleyes1rolleyes1rolleyes1

vv_tinuviel_vv

kalsemo
Originally posted by McGregorGirl
LOL...all you people having to pee...lol

Just be glad The Duel didn't take place on Camino! blink

tee hee hee

hysterical

vader519
I was filled with joy that I got to see the midnight showing, and sad because this was it. I was happy the way the movie ended. I loved every single minute of the movie, and as soon as it was over, I just sat there in silence, taking in the moment.

chinabing
I was sad because it was the last time I'd see a Star Wars movie for the FIRST time.

chinabing
Originally posted by McGregorGirl
HOW HOW HOW...do they think that sending the one kid that carries his fathers last name, putting him on his father's home planet WITH his father's family....to hide said child from said father......was a good idea?!?!

Because nobody thought they were there. The sith didn't know luke existed. Maybe Skywalker is like Smith there, there could be many Skywalkers.

When the sith did find out about Luke they wanted to capture him, not destroy him. That's why they didn't just nuke Hoth from orbit and bedone with the rebels.

Stunrun
I also needed to go to the lil' men's roomstick out tongue - which started to frustrate me right from the scene where Yoda slams the Royal Guards into the wall. I wanted to go soooooooo much, that when i saw that scene i also felt like collapsingcry

McGregorGirl
Originally posted by chinabing
Because nobody thought they were there. The sith didn't know luke existed. Maybe Skywalker is like Smith there, there could be many Skywalkers.

Yeah, but a Skywalker that just HAPPENS to be living with the LARS family? It just seems ridiculous to me. Just an opinion... smile

darktim1
I was had goose bumps and with tears streaming down my face I was wow evreyone applauded and as I walked out and turned to my friends I said so what did you think they it was good then I said that was awesome they thought I was nuts .

kalsemo
Originally posted by darktim1
I was had goose bumps and with tears streaming down my face I was wow evreyone applauded and as I walked out and turned to my friends I said so what did you think they it was good then I said that was awesome they thought I was nuts .

Hmmm.... Tim must've been throwing paper airplanes when the teacher was explaining how not to write run-on sentences.

stick out tongue

SS_181st_Snow
Originally posted by chinabing

When the sith did find out about Luke they wanted to capture him, not destroy him. That's why they didn't just nuke Hoth from orbit and bedone with the rebels.

Hmm...

ROTJ Luke: So we meet again Mr. Vaderson. You must understand that everything has to have a purpose. If something has no purpose, it must be destroyed! *Grabs saber* Mm, Nah...Luke wouldn't do the whole suit thing.

And as for what was going through my mind? But what else? A Ray Stevens song stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.