thor vs. namor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jacobo0o
thor with no mjournir vs. namor

grey fox
The most underrated character in marvel takes this , he'd grab Thor throw him in the water then kick his ass all over the reef before finally knocking him out with a punch to the jaw .

GalacticStorm
Without Mjolnir Thor despite what many people believe still posesses control over the power of the storm. That coupled with his superior strength will ensure he wins against Namor.

grey fox
mabye galctic , but come on if namor gets him in the water it's all over for thor .

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by grey fox
mabye galctic , but come on if namor gets him in the water it's all over for thor .

You're just making an assumption on the battlefield there. Who is to say its going to take place in or anywhere a big area of water. Either way Thor definitely wins outside of water and if immersed in water Namors more likely to win at first glance however with the power to command mystical storms i dont believe the battle underwater would be as straight forward as you appear to believe.

grey fox
Ok so i made a misconception but i think namor does have a large chance if underwater , on land though ........

K3VIL
Thor can simply do this, and bye bye Namor.
And in a hth fight, Thor without Mjolnir is still one of the top fighters in Marvel, he's older than Namor, and has more fighting experience than him.

Fanboy
Thor would win.

jrodslam
I do believe they fought before to a stalemate. At least thats what i heard.

As a huge Namor fan, it hurts me to say that Thor would probably win. Although, in most Namor fights, he usually finds a way to get wet. But like was stated before, IF the fight somehow got underwater, i believe Namor would pull off the victory.

Question, what is the blast in the pic K3VIL?

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by jrodslam

As a huge Namor fan, it hurts me to say that Thor would probably win. Although, in most Namor fights, he usually finds a way to get wet. But like was stated before, IF the fight somehow got underwater, i believe Namor would pull off the victory.

Question, what is the blast in the pic K3VIL?

You're probably making it out as lightning and are then going to come back and talk of Namors ability to absorb or discharge such energies. Well all os Thors storm abilities are mystical in nature so its not certain that Namor could do that and plus theres always the possibility that he could be overloaded.

Also what about hurricanes?

jrodslam
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
You're probably making it out as lightning and are then going to come back and talk of Namors ability to absorb or discharge such energies. Well all os Thors storm abilities are mystical in nature so its not certain that Namor could do that and plus theres always the possibility that he could be overloaded.

Also what about hurricanes?

No not at all. I just wanted to know what the blast was. It didnt show the opponent get ko'd or anything. True there is a possibility that Namor could be overloaded, but ive never seen it done. He did absorb a blast from the presence.

What about hurricanes?

GalacticStorm
No not at all. I just wanted to know what the blast was. It didnt show the opponent get ko'd or anything. True there is a possibility that Namor could be overloaded, but ive never seen it done. He did absorb a blast from the presence.

What about hurricanes?

Theyre also within thors capabilities thats what i meant.

jrodslam
Theyre also within thors capabilities thats what i meant.

Of course. I knew that. big grin

To be honest, i doubt a hurricane would have any affect against him. To mobile, to strong. Has Thor ever engulfed anyone in it? Just asking.

GalacticStorm
Of course. I knew that. big grin

To be honest, i doubt a hurricane would have any affect against him. To mobile, to strong. Has Thor ever engulfed anyone in it? Just asking.

I dunno i just know he can make one lol

jrodslam
I dunno i just know he can make one lol

Lol.

Can he control all things weather related? Rain, hail, Snow etc? I wonder how extensive are his weather powers?

GalacticStorm
Lol.

Can he control all things weather related? Rain, hail, Snow etc? I wonder how extensive are his weather powers?

I think he mystically controls all aspects of the storm but while he can overide nature and create storms out of nothing he isnt as connected with the weather as storm herself. I mean she psionically manipulates the ambient energy patterns down to the electrons she uses to create lightning, whereas Thor just thinks about what he wants and his mystical powers just kick in. So the answers yes he can create all aspects of the storm however he isnt as in synch with it as storm is.

Namor
thor, no contest. and for the record -- this is a pretty pointless match up. were you out to just get frivolous accolades for the odinson?

bakerboy
For me,namor wins. I wasnt never impressed by thor without his hammer. He suffered too much against people like the hulk, juggernaut, the thing, wonder man or hercules. A very enraged namor fresh out of water could kick thor ass.

ScarletSpider
They fought back in the 40s and Namor got owned. Even without Mjolnir, and a current day and stronger Namor, Thor would win. He's just a step ahead. Thor wouldn't even need to use storm powers.

jrodslam
Back in the 40's? Thor wasnt even created in the 40's. He didnt come till the 60's.

ScarletSpider
It happened in an issue of Invaders, which was set in the 40s. Hitler's top scientists pulled Thor through some dimensional aperture, bringing him from Asgard to Europe and sending him after the Invaders. Thor realized he'd been duped, said goodbye and told everyone that his dad Odin would erase their memories, which he did.

Grammaton
Namor would get punked by Thor...Underwater Namor MAY have a chance. This is of course assuming that a body of water is nearby and that Namor is somehow able to get Thor underwater.
This is the same as saying Superman could beat anyone if he was close to the Sun?
Being underwater doesn't make Namor invincible - Thor will take this.

zachrivard
thor wins amd w/ easy

Fanboy
Well some of you guys got the message out Thor would beat Namor's a--.

Ric
I`m going with Thor on this one.Namor may be able to get him in the water but how do we know Thor even breathes?

DarkCrawler

It was the most crappily written story ever...no kidding. I got the scans.

(Thor's durability is seriously underrated...big scan)

http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/5703/namor42ln.gif

On land...Thor 9/10. On water, Namor 5-7/10.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
It was the most crappily written story ever...no kidding. I got the scans.

(Thor's durability is seriously underrated...big scan)

http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/5703/namor42ln.gif

On land...Thor 9/10. On water, Namor 5-7/10.

The only... and i do mean only way Namor is beating THOR is if he is at the time Doc Blake.

On the land or in the water it matters not.

THOR wins 9.9/10

jplatinum
i say Thor, for obvisious reasons.

1. he has thor force.
2. he is a god.
3. depending on the version, he is near-unstoppable.
4. he is a god.
5. Guess......
That's right he is a god. smile

Dark Thor
Thos's stronger

Fanboy
Thor would Kill Namor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.