I am scared of dying

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kmcdude
like real bad sad Do you think it will hurt? try and close your eyes and think about the world with u not there........it is freaky sad I am scared how i'm gunna die,when I'm gunna die,and what happens when I die sad

kmcdude
I am scared how,I will die,when I will die and what will happen when I die.What will be my last thought? Will I see sometrhing before I die?
Is there nothing there at all and our whole life is just a big waste of time?

I dont know man!fear

Rogue Jedi
the older you get the worse it gets. i am scared shitless of death. in what form will it come? will i get to tell FJ how much she means to me?

ideally i'd like to fall asleep in her arms, dying in my sleep.

Count Dooku
Originally posted by kmcdude
I am scared how,I will die,when I will die and what will happen when I die.What will be my last thought? Will I see sometrhing before I die?
Is there nothing there at all and our whole life is just a big waste of time?

I dont know man!fear

I don't fear death for only one realization.

It is the second part of the circle of life.

If people never died, then a new circulating generation of souls would never be born. People must die. It's just the way of life.

Although no one really wants to, it is inevidable.

BakaXero
fearing something that cannot be avoided...

kmcdude
Originally posted by Count Dooku

If people never died, then a new circulating generation of souls would never be born. People must die. It's just the way of life.

None of that u know for sure man!fear I dont care what anyone saysfear

Help me feel better here

Rogue Jedi
when you die, one of two things hapen, in my opinion. you either go to heaven or hell.
this is my opinion, so please, i beg you guys, dont quote me and tell me that heaven doesnt exist.

kmcdude
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
when you die, one of two things hapen, in my opinion. you either go to heaven or hell.
this is my opinion, so please, i beg you guys, dont quote me and tell me that heaven doesnt exist.

But what if all that is not true?fear

WHO IS FREAKING OUT HERE!fear WE WILL ALL DIE ONE DAYfear NO MATTA WHAT! fear

Filth
"I'm not afraid to die, my soul will travel on, you can't kill me I'm immortal"

kmcdude
Originally posted by Filth
"I'm not afraid to die, my soul will travel on, you can't kill me I'm immortal"

You belive what u want mate..........fear

Filth
Death is ensured, life isn't.

Rogue Jedi
dude, you are only 20 years old. just live your life, have fun (not to much fun) and hope for the best.

kmcdude
But what if all that is not true?fear

WHO IS FREAKING OUT HERE!fear WE WILL ALL DIE ONE DAYfear NO MATTA WHAT! fear

We need to understand this!fear

kmcdude
dude, you are only 20 years old. just live your life, have fun (not to much fun) and hope for the best.

I'm scared manfear

BakaXero
has anyone ever felt like they almost died?

Rogue Jedi
i have almost died on two occasions. i saw no light at the end of a tunnel.

kmcdude
i have almost died on two occasions. i saw no light at the end of a tunnel.

omg! Are you serious?

Rogue Jedi
one was a van wreck, one a suicide attempt. the latter was a close frigging call.

Filth
I have almost died, I almost drowned.

Count Dooku

I believe in the same thing.

I am 100% pure Catholic.

kmcdude
one was a van wreck, one a suicide attempt. the latter was a close frigging call.

So nothing happened?

Rogue Jedi
nah. i remember lying on a gurney, being rushed to the ER. then i remember a tube down my throat as they pumped my stomach.

kmcdude
I believe in the same thing.

I am 100% pure Catholic.

but guy's,no matter what u belive NO ONE knows for sure,but if you want to put all your faith in a book that was written 3000000 bc yrs ago and feature's talking snakes,go ahead smile

In the mean time............WHO IS FRAKING OUT RIGHT NOW!fear

Count Dooku
but guy's,no matter what u belive NO ONE knows for sure,but if you want to put all your faith in a book that was written 3000000 bc yrs ago and feature's talking snakes,go ahead smile

Any religion is based apon Faith.

Even Athiests.

The fact that Athiests believe their is no God is their Faith to the fact that the Lord does not exist.

So tell me, KMCdude...

What are you?

kmcdude
Any religion is based apon Faith.

Even Athiests.

The fact that Athiests believe their is no God is their Faith to the fact that the Lord does not exist.

So tell me, KMCdude...

What are you?

I am nor an Athiest or any other religon,I dont know if there is a GOD or not,and I have never seen him,and I have also studied the bible and found a lot of it ''laughable'' it was almost like a fairytale laughing

All I am saying is that I am no one to say if there's a god or not..............but the only proof I eva seen is a book,that is that dodgy and been translated that many times I find people who live there whole life around it kinda funny laughing out loud

Filth
I am nor an Athiest or any other religon,I dont know if there is a GOD or not,and I have never seen him,and I have also studied the bible and found a lot of it ''laughable'' it was almost like a fairytale laughing

The bible was wrote to manipulate simple minds.

kmcdude

All I am saying is that I am no one to say if there's a god or not..............but the only proof I eva seen is a book,that is that dodgy and been translated that many times I find people who live there whole life around it kinda funny laughing out loud

Like I said and this is just my opinion smile

Count Dooku
The bible was wrote to manipulate simple minds.

All minds are simple.

Being in the cold leaves you to die.

Rogue Jedi
different strokes, i guess. i have seen things that are sorta unexplainable. i have also had prayers answered.

Count Dooku

What do you live your life around, kmcdude?

lilmisskitten
I have almost died, I almost drowned.

Me 2, no expression, in a bloody pool, in "zante"

I, actually don't fear death i know when the time comes i will, but the thought of death doesn't actually scare me

Storm
Death is an essential condition of life, not an evil.

Ceterum censeo OTF esse delendam.

lilmisskitten
What do you live your life around, kmcdude?

Why do have to live your life around something, is that unavoidable ?, are you always living around something or can you not just live your life

Count Dooku
Originally posted by lilmisskitten
Why do have to live your life around something, is that unavoidable ?, are you always living around something or can you not just live your life

In my opinion, it is the way of Human Nature. Someone always needs something to cling on, whether they realize it or not. No one is 100% independant.

.:Space Opera:.
im intersted to know the truth about religion. im not scared of dying, i actually am a little excited to see whats on the other side.

lilmisskitten
Oh, so you mean, you can live your life around familiy, or if your homeless and a don't know any of your familiy have no friends follow no religion, does that mean you kinda of follow the public in hope that they might give you something messed

lilmisskitten
Ditto ^^^

Sir Mist
Duplicate threadno expression

Sir Mist

Not me. Sitting in a chair is not gonna kill me. Therefore Im gonna sit here and chill out as usual smokin'

Fearing death is a waste of timeno expression
Why waste your life fearing death only to die anyway? Its unavoidable. Live it up while youve got it smoke

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Scared to die? Sounds like you are more afraid to live...

grey fox
Fear of death is a very natural thing .

Alpha Centauri
Not gonna go into it too deeply but think about it.

It's the one guarantee we're born with, it can't be that bad.

-AC

§P0oONY
Death rock

I'm not scared... Yet...

I'm sure an eternity of nothing will be some good shit.

Vathu
my friend choked me and before i faintd i heard childrens voices....i was like all drowsy and my words were slurred and when my friend talked it was in like sow motion and all in a realy low voice.... i was ****ing scared

Sir Mist
Nice friend thumb up laughing out loud

lilmisskitten
^^ thats what i was thinking

Vathu
no...i just pissed him off while we were at the pool, i pushed him in while he was in his clothes

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Vathu
no...i just pissed him off while we were at the pool, i pushed him in while he was in his clothes

So he tried to kill you...?

Nice friend roll eyes (sarcastic)

lilmisskitten
Dude, ott friend laughing out loud, i know its not funny that he tried to kill you but >>>>>>>laughing out loud

debbiejo
I'm not scared to die...I just don't want it to hurt...I think it would be exciting...a new adventure...I'd love that...too bad we all can't just go at the same time...that way...no one would be sad about leaving.

But the sad thing for me is the sadness it would cause to others that new me...the people I leave behind...I couldn't bear to make them sad.

PVS
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
It's the one guarantee we're born with, it can't be that bad.

-AC

actually, 1 of 2.
you forgot taxes

Alpha Centauri
*Drum crash*

And that line was given to PVS by Billy Batford, the cycling pigeon.

-AC

PVS
*BUZZZZZZ*

oooooh i'm sorry, but that reply was incorrect...

"In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes." -Benjamin Franklin

Acherontia
I'm not scared of death, Just how I will die, I'm okay with almost anything Besides Drwoning, burned Alive, And desease.

Darth Nauj
I cant wait to see death or become death myself evil face

debbiejo
If there is, in fact, a Heaven and a Hell, all we know for sure is that Hell will be a viciously overcrowded version of Phoenix..AZ....I've been there.

PVS
Originally posted by Acherontia
I'm not scared of death, Just how I will die, I'm okay with almost anything Besides Drwoning, burned Alive, And desease.

yeah, my fear is similar. death itself is scarey (all of you who say it isnt are lying sacks of horseshit), but i find the possibilities to be scarey. i just hope its not too painful.

PVS
oops...double frikin post

Deano
it used to scare me, but not anymore.

debbiejo
Just don't want it to hurt......and I'm not a sissy....I just don't like pain,...especially the death pain.....I want a quick death...and I don't want to know when it happens....so that way, I'll be oblivious to it...won't freak me out.

PVS
its always the people who live in denial, the ones who spew tired rhetoric of "dont fear the reaper" and "you're just afraid to live" that fear death the most,
when the end is near and the realisation of ending finally hits them.

botankus
I can tell you one thing. If you're not afraid to march through the KMC world with Big Bird not once, but twice, in your sig, you ain't afraid of death.

Vathu
he didnt try to he just doesnt think before doing something sometimes..

debbiejo
Boy botankus...you are brave....NO FEAR IN YOU....

I wonder if HE WAS SCARED....OUCH!...Though...I don't think he's dead...rigamortus(sp?)?

DarkC
hysterical2

Acherontia
LOL!!!!!!!

CorderaMitchell

agreed...

intoxicatedpoet
As long as it's not a slow and painful death, it doesn't scare me at all.

Deano
Death is nothing to us, since when we are, death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

PVS
Originally posted by Deano
Death is nothing to us, since when we are, death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

wherever you go, there you are

ever considered trying to have your pointless rhetoric published?

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by PVS
yeah, my fear is similar. death itself is scarey (all of you who say it isnt are lying sacks of horseshit), but i find the possibilities to be scarey. i just hope its not too painful.

So all of us who don't actually spend our lives fearing it, are lying? Why? Because you fear it?

Quite a horseshit rationale in itself. Death is an intimidating concept, very imposing. I don't fear it because of many things:

A) My beliefs have led me to lose my fear of death and no, before you say it, I don't believe in more because I'm scared of death. I don't believe in security blanket beliefs.

B) If my beliefs are true or not, death is gonna happen. So I don't see the point in fearing it.

-AC

PVS
So all of us who don't actually spend our lives fearing it, are lying? Why? Because you fear it?

right away you're assumption is bloated and inacurate to the extreme.
i never implied that we spend our lives cowering over the idea of death,
but rather that the uncertainty of the great unknown invokes fear as well as fascination the closer we come to realising it. its easy to stand tall and triumphant and bravely declare that you're not afraid of death, when you believe you are so far from it. its not real to you. you know it exists, you know people around you die, but the idea of the end of YOU is far too distant.
in other words, talk is soooooooooo dirt cheap.

Quite a horseshit rationale in itself.

yeah yeah yeah

A) My beliefs have led me to lose my fear of death and no, before you say it, I don't believe in more because I'm scared of death. I don't believe in security blanket beliefs.

but you dont KNOW. nobody, even the most devout person of faith. there is always the haunting question "what if im not correct?" however, im willing to accept that you are one of the few who never ask that, since you think you're always correct. yeah, i know, that WAS a jab. but it also appears to be the truth, given your track record.

B) If my beliefs are true or not, death is gonna happen. So I don't see the point in fearing it.

more cheap talk. you believe that you are far from death, so you dont fear it.
the same way that i dont fear it, since i know that there is a pretty good chance that i wont have to deal with it for a few decades. i assure you though,
if you find yourself in the face of near certainty, you're ego will fade into the back of your mind as you're forced to confront the inevitable. if you're lucky,
you will have enough closure and satisfaction with your life to accept whats coming. but make no mistake, you will fear the uncertain, as will i, as will everyone. it may be a fear that paralises, or may be a fear you can control and get through, but you WILL fear. so quit talking shit.

Storm
Most of us loathe death because of the uncertainty of its time and place. Failure to survive when the time comes is the basic fear. It is also based upon an innate fear of loneliness due to the loss of those we have been familiar with during our worldly existence.

debbiejo
It's the fear of the unknown........and a one you have no control over...It has the final say.

Fire
I think people should learn to accept death, now I do not fear my own death -I do fear certain ways of dying tho- However I fear the death of my loved ones.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by PVS
right away you're assumption is bloated and inacurate to the extreme.

I didn't assume anything Einstein. They were questions.

Originally posted by PVS
i never implied that we spend our lives cowering over the idea of death,
but rather that the uncertainty of the great unknown invokes fear as well as fascination the closer we come to realising it. its easy to stand tall and triumphant and bravely declare that you're not afraid of death, when you believe you are so far from it. its not real to you. you know it exists, you know people around you die, but the idea of the end of YOU is far too distant.
in other words, talk is soooooooooo dirt cheap.

How about, you quit talking for me and making assumptions for me? Does that work for you? Right on.

I've seen death happen, I've experienced it. I know it will happen to me and sometimes it's scary, sad even. Just the concept of it. I don't fear it. Can't accept that? I don't care. I don't stand tall and macho when I say it. I'm at death's mercy if it ever happens to me. I'm not afraid of it though.

Originally posted by PVS
but you dont KNOW. nobody, even the most devout person of faith. there is always the haunting question "what if im not correct?" however, im willing to accept that you are one of the few who never ask that, since you think you're always correct.yeah, i know, that WAS a jab. but it also appears to be the truth, given your track record.

A) I know I don't KNOW what happens. What are you trying to say? I never claimed to know. I claimed that I have beliefs. I can't make anyone else agree to them or believe them, nor would I ever want to. I was just making the point that I don't have beliefs for the reason of fearing death.

B) Why tell me not to assume and then go and make an assumption about me that I have to continually deny on this forum? Why change the focus to aiming comments at me? I don't think I'm always correct, I've said this many times and with people like you around I imagine I'll be saying it many more times. I mean, seeing as you like to retreat to personal retorts whenever shit isn't working well for you. You seemingly lack the ability to meet any kind of post where I'm presenting you with evidence that you're talking bullshit, with a sensible counter that doesn't involve talking about your opinion of me. Sad to the fullest, THAT is cheap talk.

Originally posted by PVS
more cheap talk. you believe that you are far from death, so you dont fear it.

Don't ever call me arrogant or pretentious again when you are being so self-righteous as to speak for me and tell me what I believe? God damn you're a hypocrite.

I don't fear death for the simple and combined reasons of:

A) It's inevitability first and foremost. (Not the last three words of that.)

B) My beliefs.

You know you can't prove what I say wrong, or prove that I'm lying, so you resort to calling it cheap talk just because you're not of the position that you aren't fearful of death. Don't hate me because of a fear you have that I have rid myself of. It's not my fault, it's yours.

Originally posted by PVS
the same way that i dont fear it, since i know that there is a pretty good chance that i wont have to deal with it for a few decades.

Oh wow, I didn't expect you to prove me correct so soon. You're telling me what I believe because you don't want to believe that people have genuine feelings towards death that don't adhere to or mirror your own. You don't fear death for those reasons, fine by me. They aren't the same reasons as mine, so don't act like they are out of your own insecurity.

Originally posted by PVS
i assure you though, if you find yourself in the face of near certainty, you're ego will fade into the back of your mind as you're forced to confront the inevitable.

Ever had to stare down the barrel of a gun while not knowing if your life would end in near seconds? I suspect not. So like you, I'm gonna assume that you haven't been through such a situation. Come back and discuss this when you have, then maybe YOUR ego will fade and YOU will face the inevitable and definate truth that YOU are the one who thinks he knows everything, evidently.

Originally posted by PVS
you will have enough closure and satisfaction with your life to accept whats coming. but make no mistake, you will fear the uncertain, as will i, as will everyone. it may be a fear that paralises, or may be a fear you can control and get through, but you WILL fear. so quit talking shit.

Wow, Deano seems like a totally level headed and open-minded individual after reading this piece of utter trash.

Since when did death become uncertain? The certainty of it is what partially led me to my purging of the fear of it. I don't know when it will happen but I've already been in a situation where it could have happened while I was brutally aware, and where I've seen it happen fast and unexpectedly.

So before you get on this "Let's poke AC for being arrogant and self-absorbed" high horse. Realise that your experiences aren't everyone elses and that you, in this case, can only speak for yourself.

You are the AC that everyone hates. Because the reason everyone pops at me is because they need someone to target because of shit they dislike within themselves. Your post proved that.

-AC

PVS
you know, your overabundance of assumptions and insults is so cliche and quite boring. i was on paragraph 3 of my reply when i said "f*** it", because i can see that its justa waste of time. there is no such thing as a personal topic with you, just a need to 'win'. fine Captain Ego, here's your trophey erm

Alpha Centauri
You're making an assumption, a few actually, right there. I was replying to your post in a normal way, not trying to win anything.

Stop being so insecure. You couldn't reply due to my post showing you how badly you assumed things about me, without actually knowing my experience. That's your f*ck up, not mine.

-AC

PVS
You're making an assumption, a few actually, right there. I was replying to your post in a normal way, not trying to win anything.

Stop being so insecure. You couldn't reply due to my post showing you how badly you assumed things about me, without actually knowing my experience. That's your f*ck up, not mine.

-AC

ah, but you assume i never came close to death. f***ing hypocrite. i've had enough of your little ego game, so please just stfu and play with someone else erm

obiwills
I have nearly died once and it was very much like slipping into a dream, in fact even the things happening around me became part of that dream, there was no fear, no pain, just a dull sense of unreality. I do not fear the death of myself, but I do fear the death of those I love, because I do not know how I could live without them.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by PVS
ah, but you assume i never came close to death. f***ing hypocrite. i've had enough of your little ego game, so please just stfu and play with someone else erm

Haha, why try and weasel out of it? Note the fact that I said "So, like you...". I was doing unto you purposefully as you did unto me, you don't like it do you? This doesn't remove the fact that you did what you pop at everyone else for. In a post opening with "right away you're assumption is bloated and inacurate to the extreme" you sure did shoot yourself in the foot.

Don't come to me with hypocricy, arrogance and bullsh*t, then accuse me of it and run off. Face the music, you are what you hate.

And for the sake of maturity PVS, stop playing the ego card, because I've said time and time again that it's not about that. If I made a slip up and everyone thought I was a hypocrite, I'd never be able to live it down and seeing as you seem to try and pick out people for being hypocrites all the time, I'm glad to show you that you are one.

I'm not being abusive to you, so stop acting like it.

-AC

Captain REX
PVS, AC, that's enough of that, thank you.

Alpha Centauri
Dropped, on my end.

-AC

PVS
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/8715/applause6wu.gif

Alpha Centauri
I know that guy in the left corner!

-AC

Captain REX
Thrilling.

Alpha Centauri
Indeed it is, Rex.

Indeed it is.

-AC

Deano
Originally posted by PVS
wherever you go, there you are

ever considered trying to have your pointless rhetoric published?

its you who constantly feels the need to reply to my posts.

oh whats your thoughts on youthanasia?

Deano
Wow, Deano seems like a totally level headed and open-minded individual after reading this piece of utter trash.-AC

i am anyway smile

PVS
its you who constantly feels the need to reply to my posts.

oh whats your thoughts on youthanasia?

depends on who's being euthenised.
ever consider getting the needle?

Trickster
I'm scared of this dying malarky.

Deano
Originally posted by PVS
depends on who's being euthenised.
ever consider getting the needle?

no but if i read another one of your posts, then i'll most definetly consider it

Alpha Centauri
If irony was a snack, it would be the most tasty of them all right now.

-AC

DarkC
Yeah. Deano, out of all people.

Deano
whats the goddamn problem here?

KidRock
like real bad sad Do you think it will hurt? try and close your eyes and think about the world with u not there........it is freaky sad I am scared how i'm gunna die,when I'm gunna die,and what happens when I die sad

No point in fearing it, its gonna happen anyway.

Deano
it still can be something to fear though

KidRock
it still can be something to fear though

That's a personal choice.

obiwills
Oi, all the posts on the general forum have turned into arguments

starwars bangin bash fish chair horse shocking schmoll fear blowup

BlackC@t
I do not fear death, but I fear being put in a coffin, being buried or cremated fear

I swear to you, your existence does not end when you die.
And no, you will not go to Hell, or Heaven. You will go to a very beautiful place, even though you may have committed sins, this beautiful 'Nether World' is your reward for putting up with life.

PVS
no but if i read another one of your posts, then i'll most definetly consider it

please do

BackFire
I personally don't fear death, I actually find the thought of it somewhat fascinating and exciting, it's truly the final journey a person takes, do we go to heaven or hell? Do we get reincarnated? Do we return to the earth? Or does nothing at all happen?

Despite what people may say, no one knows for sure, and the possibilities are exciting.

That said, I'm not looking forward to death, I'm just not worried about it, I don't think about it, I'd suggest you do the same.

kmcdude
It scares me backfire sad

Alpha Centauri
There's nothing to be ashamed of, we're not bashing those who are scared. I understand that and it's as far from a stupid view as you'll get.

We're just saying, we don't fear it. Which seems to be hard to accept amongst people who do.

-AC

debbiejo
Unless it's violent, I think you'd probably just drift off like in a dream as someone stated earlier.

Aini
I'm not scared of death, just of the way I'll die

lil bitchiness

Everyone is ultimately scared of dying.

We do not comprehend the idea of dying because if we did, the quality of our existence will be, very low to non existent. Thats why, we have pushed this idea of dying in the back of our minds. We know we will ultimately die, but we chose to suppress that fact.

Being scared of dying is normal, it means you are trying to comprehend the idea of it - the only thing that will lead is depression.

botankus
Originally posted by BackFire
Despite what people may say, no one knows for sure, and the possibilities are exciting.

Ah, but we do know what happens to Freddy and Jason when they die. Sequel!!

Alpha Centauri
This is like the whole "having kids" debacle.

Why can't people accept that some people just aren't afraid of dying? "Because everyone is". No, obviously not.

-AC

PVS
i accept that you're making poor leaps in logic just to win your arguement.

there is a big difference between feeling fear when confronting the idea of your own death: "i wonder what will happen....i dont....thats kinda scarey. and " OMFG!!!!!!!111111 I'M GONNA DIE!!!!! I DONT WANNA DIE!!!! AAAARGH!!!!!!!!!!"
you are trying to make it a black and white issue once again.

you already admitted that you find the "concept" to be scarey, which makes no sense. death is death.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by PVS
i accept that you're making poor leaps in logic just to win your arguement.

And you were more than content to speak out of one side of your mouth and pop at me for making incorrect assumptions (which I didn't) only to DRASTICALLY base your whole arguement around assuming something about me.

Originally posted by PVS
there is a big difference between feeling fear when confronting the idea of your own death: "i wonder what will happen....i dont....thats kinda scarey. and " OMFG!!!!!!!111111 I'M GONNA DIE!!!!! I DONT WANNA DIE!!!! AAAARGH!!!!!!!!!!"
you are trying to make it a black and white issue once again.

No, I'm not. Stop trying to tell me what I'm doing. It failed you last time and it'll fail you this time. It is a black and white issue with regards to "Do you or don't you fear death?" I agree with you in the sense that people will obviously say it but most likely have their views change if they are confronted by it. I'M saying that for ME, it's happened and it didn't change my views, if anything, it purged me of my fears.

I've confronted my own HIGHLY possible death and in the same moment, seen it happen infront of my face. I don't fear it. So if you're gonna retort with "You're a liar." So be it. Because that's all you can do.

Originally posted by PVS
you already admitted that you find the "concept" to be scarey, which makes no sense. death is death.

It's an imposing concept. Darkness is "scary" (no, e) but I don't fear the dark. The vastness of the ocean is scary, but I'm not afraid of swimming in the sea. Death is a scary CONCEPT, but I don't fear it.

Try again when you have something other than being bitter. Or, as you will, reply with "Nah, floored logic. Lies."

-AC

Lord Melkor
I tend not to think about it. Otherwise I become depressed.

PVS
And you were more than content to speak out of one side of your mouth and pop at me for making incorrect assumptions (which I didn't) only to DRASTICALLY base your whole arguement around assuming something about me.

No, I'm not. Stop trying to tell me what I'm doing. It failed you last time and it'll fail you this time. It is a black and white issue with regards to "Do you or don't you fear death?" I agree with you in the sense that people will obviously say it but most likely have their views change if they are confronted by it. I'M saying that for ME, it's happened and it didn't change my views, if anything, it purged me of my fears.

I've confronted my own HIGHLY possible death and in the same moment, seen it happen infront of my face. I don't fear it. So if you're gonna retort with "You're a liar." So be it. Because that's all you can do.

It's an imposing concept. Darkness is "scary" (no, e) but I don't fear the dark. The vastness of the ocean is scary, but I'm not afraid of swimming in the sea. Death is a scary CONCEPT, but I don't fear it.

Try again when you have something other than being bitter. Or, as you will, reply with "Nah, floored logic. Lies."

-AC

quite long winded...but tell me...who are you trying to convince as you frantically lash out in your type? me or you?

"It is a black and white issue with regards to "Do you or don't you fear death?"

why? because you say so? horseshit

Alpha Centauri
A) I'm not frantically lashing out, though I do sincerely enjoy your oh so poor attempt at a somehow insinuating that there's a subliminal element to my posts.

B) Nobody, because I'm not so insecure as to feel the need to convince someone else of my own beliefs. They're MINE for a reason. Couldn't care who agrees, who doesn't.

The only thing I have a problem with is people like you calling people who don't share your fears, lying sacks of shit. Get over yourself, as you once famously said to me. So if you're quite done dodging the fact that you've been uncovered as nothing more than a hypocrite yourself, are you done? Oh no of course you're not:

Originally posted by PVS
why? because you say so? horseshit

Relax man. No, that's not why. The reason why is because that's what we're discussing isn't it? Yes, dear boy.

We're discussing who fears death, who doesn't. Or in your case, anyone who doesn't is a lying "sack of shit". Why? Because you fear it? "Horse shit."

-AC

PVS
A) I'm not frantically lashing out, though I do sincerely enjoy your oh so poor attempt at a somehow insinuating that there's a subliminal element to my posts.

B) Nobody, because I'm not so insecure as to feel the need to convince someone else of my own beliefs. They're MINE for a reason. Couldn't care who agrees, who doesn't.

The only thing I have a problem with is people like you calling people who don't share your fears, lying sacks of shit. Get over yourself, as you once famously said to me. So if you're quite done dodging the fact that you've been uncovered as nothing more than a hypocrite yourself, are you done? Oh no of course you're not:

Relax man. No, that's not why. The reason why is because that's what we're discussing isn't it? Yes, dear boy.

We're discussing who fears death, who doesn't. Or in your case, anyone who doesn't is a lying "sack of shit". Why? Because you fear it? "Horse shit."

-AC

i love how you define irony in every post. so i guess you are allowed to assume of me, but if its vice versa then its time for yet another literary tantrum.

oh yes, fine. because i feel a certain element of fear in uncertainty, that automatically means i'm insecure and stay locked in an underground bunker inside a plastic bubble, because i soooooooooooo fear death. thank you for painting yet another black and white image of your warped logic. everything must be one, or the other, right?

edit: btw, thats "lying sacks of horseshit"
if you're going to quote someone, please be accurate

and remember, there is a big difference between fear and terror.
fear of dying is a natural instinct. if people were simply fascinated and excited with the thought of dying, the suicide rate would be through the roof and mankind would be extinct. we are programmed to want to live as long as possible, and avoid dying at all costs. self preservation is partly motivated by fear of dying. not terror. fear.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by PVS
i love how you define irony in every post. so i guess you are allowed to assume of me, but if its vice versa then its time for yet another literary tantrum.

No not at all. The only time I made an assumption of you was when I followed it with the line "So, like you..." which you oh so conveniently miss out. Why are you trying to put me on the back foot? You kicked this off by accusing me of assuming (when they were questions) and the based your whole argument on a personal assumption no less.

Originally posted by PVS
oh yes, fine. because i feel a certain element of fear in uncertainty, that automatically means i'm insecure and stay locked in an underground bunker inside a plastic bubble, because i soooooooooooo fear death. thank you for painting yet another black and white image of your warped logic. everything must be one, or the other, right?

You're the one saying that it's all black and white, one or the other. I'm not. You are. I don't give off that impression with regards to this issue and anyone who reads my posts can see that, you are the one making those claims. It's all you saying that.

You fear uncertainty, fine. Let's get down to what matters here because I fear you're baffling your poor self: Death and fearing it or not.

You claimed that anyone who claims no fear of death is a lying "sack of shit." Bit harsh, but lets go on. Your reasoning behind that? Because you believe that distance and the chances of our experiencing death are far off, so we immediately dismiss it, right? Yes, because you said so. So then when I claim to not fear it, you immediately assume that my "no fear ego" would fade should I ever be confronted unexpetedly by death or the possibility thereof, right? Yes, because you said so. But wait, that was an assumption, majorly, wasn't it? Because little did you know that I felt the way I do before my near death experience (and also seeing it happen), and I still feel the same after it.

One wouldn't be wrong to assume that your rationale is now completely in the shitter would they? Because I am living proof that your whole "anyone who says they don't fear death are lying sacks of shit" theory is wrong. You are making leaps of correlation when you say that viewing something as a scary or imposing concept is the same as fearing it. As I said before, I find the sea to be a scary concept. The size of a blue whale is scary. I don't fear either of them. So let me run that by you again: Death, to me, is a scary concept. I don't fear it and it's not for reasons that you so rabidly believe.

Before calling me Mr Ego, dodging my reply by calling it long winded (despite it being civilised and completely on topic, lest we forget accurate), think about what you've said and how much of a hypocrite you are, then maybe we can discuss further once you've accepted that the box you live in is not the world.

Originally posted by PVS
edit: btw, thats "lying sacks of horseshit"
if you're going to quote someone, please be accurate

Sad that the only time you gain the upper hand is when correcting me on a childish comment you made. Haha, pfft.

Originally posted by PVS
and remember, there is a big difference between fear and terror.

...and remember, there's a big difference between finding something scary, and fearing that. Picking up the breadcrumbs, Hanzel? Or have you chewed on your candy house to the point of bloating yourself on your own bs?

Originally posted by PVS
fear of dying is a natural instinct. if people were simply fascinated and excited with the thought of dying, the suicide rate would be through the roof and mankind would be extinct. we are programmed to want to live as long as possible, and avoid dying at all costs. self preservation is partly motivated by fear of dying. not terror. fear.

I don't go in the street looking to die, but death (or near death) has stared me in the face. I didn't fear it before, I don't fear it now. Accept that or don't, not my problem.

-AC

Storm
Gentlemen, why don' t you take this personal quarrel to PM' s...

Alpha Centauri
It's not personal to me by ANY means. I'm just discussing the subject.

I was asked to drop it before because he didn't like the fact that he f'ed up, I did so. I don't consider it anything personal, nor am I attacking him.

-AC

PVS
AC just needs to hurl insults and make blind assumptions. thats his way and i cant take it personally, since he does the same to everyone

...I fear you're baffling your poor self....

...One wouldn't be wrong to assume that your rationale is now completely in the shitter would they?...

...think about what you've said and how much of a hypocrite you are, then maybe we can discuss further once you've accepted that the box you live in is not the world....

...Sad that the only time you gain the upper hand is when correcting me on a childish comment you made. Haha, pfft.....

...and remember, there's a big difference between finding something scary, and fearing that. Picking up the breadcrumbs, Hanzel? Or have you chewed on your candy house to the point of bloating yourself on your own bs?

-AC

civil indeed. and please dont bother quoting me back, since i never claimed to be civil or 'above it all'. i just needed to call you on yet another inaccuracy in your infinately flowery self-appraisal.

and thats all i'll say on this. have your last word then....

Alpha Centauri
Seeing as I haven't, I have no choice but to wonder where the hell you're getting this from and why you're so bitter considering that I've said I'm not attacking you or making it personal.

It's a sad day when it's the day that people realise they can't nail me, so they make shit up in the midst of accusing others of what they are guilty of doing. You're accusing me of assumption yet it's from your own misinterpretation and blind assumption that this normal discussion (because that's all it is) started. I expected better of you, PVS.

-AC

WindDancer
Originally posted by Storm
Gentlemen, why don' t you take this personal quarrel to PM' s...

I agree with storm. Pm's would be a proper way to handle personal issues.

PVS
naaaa... i think i'll just drop it. smile

Alpha Centauri
I've said it's not personal. I have absolutely nothing against PVS and this has been, for me, nothing but simply discussing a subject. I've been on topic and inoffensive.

So I'd thank you for not lumping me in. This is nothing personal to me, to PVS it is, that's not my fault. I've dropped it before, I'll drop it again.

It's a shame, because it's a good thread.

-AC

KharmaDog
The basic survival instinct is not so much a fear of death so much as it is a need or desire to preserve one's life at all most whatever cost.

Fear death? No. How I die? Maybe. The loss of my current life, yes.

Those who do not fear to lose what they have must not have much of worth in their life. Those people should be worthy of pity, but I can't waste my time.

Alpha Centauri
True, I'd ideally like to not die in some gruesome way, but it can't be helped. It happens how it happens I guess.

That being said, I love my life. I have a great deal going for me at the moment.

-AC

botankus
Originally posted by KharmaDog
The basic survival instinct is not so much a fear of death so much as it is a need or desire to preserve one's life at all most whatever cost.

Fear death? No. How I die? Maybe. The loss of my current life, yes.

Those who do not fear to lose what they have must not have much of worth in their life. Those people should be worthy of pity, but I can't waste my time.

Welcome back, KD! Did that business trip get a little extended? BTW, there's another thread in this forum called "Missing People" where I publicized an Internet-wide manhunt for you.

KharmaDog
Originally posted by botankus
Welcome back, KD! Did that business trip get a little extended? BTW, there's another thread in this forum called "Missing People" where I publicized an Internet-wide manhunt for you.

Glad to be back. Trip was great and got extended to a month. I had an amazing trip, but not to worry, I'm still as sarcastic and cynical as ever.

Now I gotta go find that thread. eek!

Coldfire
I'm soooo scared of dying.....

bardock
live the best life you can and your fear will fade.no regrets

BlackC@t
I don't believe in Heaven and Hell.

We all go to the same beautiful place. Even nasty people go there, but before that they stay earth-bound to make amends for all the nasty, nasty things they have done.

The 'Nether World,' as I like to call it, is everybodies reward for going through tough times.

=Mysta=-kILL
Everything that black cat just said is 100% untrue.
You will not be rewarded for being nasty or doing thing unholy.
There is a heaven and a hell and only God has the power to choose which one you go to, but his choice has to do what you do while you are on Earth. You must put your trust in God and let him take your life and cleanse it.
Fearing death is natural, but you should only fear death if you do not put your trust in God. But believing in God is not enough to get you to heaven, you must truly love God and put your life and tour trust in his hands and let him choose you future.
Do these things and you should not have anything to fear.

kmcdude
Originally posted by BlackC@t
I do not fear death, but I fear being put in a coffin, being buried or cremated fear

I swear to you, your existence does not end when you die.
And no, you will not go to Hell, or Heaven. You will go to a very beautiful place, even though you may have committed sins, this beautiful 'Nether World' is your reward for putting up with life.

How the **** do you know that? You dont

WE WILL ALL DIE fear

It is time to start freaking out guys

phantom_gurlz
kmcdude, i almost died when I was 5 yrs old n my 2nd brush with death when I was 7 yrs old..

Bardock42

This would make you an agnostic......

Anyways i take it the epikurean way:
If I am here death is not here, if death is here I am not here...so what should I care aboot death.

DeVi| D0do
I made a deal with God... I'm not going to die.

no expression

Bardock42
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
I made a deal with God... I'm not going to die.

no expression

Any of them deals left?

evildeaddesigns
Some days i get a bit upset/worried about the whole thing, but other days i'm fine. Just don't think about it.

evildeaddesigns
CMCDUDE............... wHY HAVE WE ALL TO START FREAKIN OUT?
.............................. U DO WHAT U WANT... I'm chillin...
It's all good buddy!

The Omega

MC Mike
I don't fear it, and I'm an Athiest.

Just remember you have one life to live and worrying about death is the last thing you want to do!

playmean
im scared of the process that might occur while dying. like, i wouldnt want to burn to death or drown, etc. blink

Darth_fury
think about b4 you were born it probably exactly the same

Renegade-agent
Hmmmm,i've got alot going for me at the moment,i'm not scared of dying though,i've tried suicide twice,and obviously i failed both times,i've found life is just shitty mainly,or maybe i'm just asking too much of life either way i'm sure i'll try sicide again,till then i'm a laughing foollaughing laughing out loud Happy Dance

djois
Weird to post here, cause I am truly not afraid at all to go. Stupid thing is, I've always had a feeling about the way I am gonna go and what age that will be. Kinda reassuring I guess. Thing is, I've lived out some of my dreams, made them happen. Had another dream, made that one come truu. So I did such cool things that I am okay to go, if it is time. No suicide for me though.
Should be weird if my feeling is wrong and I live to be older than I always imagined. Cause what to do, if suddenly life is gonna be longer haha!
Happy thoughts to all...

debbiejo
Don't worry....just take a deep breath and inhale.

magic_hate_ball
like real bad sad Do you think it will hurt? try and close your eyes and think about the world with u not there........
how bout to the ones that imagine a world without them in it and that makes them feel better...i imagine that kind of world all the time but i stay just out of some obligation i owe to the ones whose lives ive impacted either positively or negatively.....death? im not scared of it at all...i welcome it smile

~ J ~

Came close several several times...Its not fun...and it doesn't put you at ease ever...you are NEVER ready...despite what you hear, read or learn about death...It is dark and desolate... sad

X-Menfan87
Really,I've almost died 5 times and I'm not as worried as I was before.

BlackC@t
Originally posted by =Mysta=-kILL
Everything that black cat just said is 100% untrue.
You will not be rewarded for being nasty or doing thing unholy.
There is a heaven and a hell and only God has the power to choose which one you go to, but his choice has to do what you do while you are on Earth. You must put your trust in God and let him take your life and cleanse it.
Fearing death is natural, but you should only fear death if you do not put your trust in God. But believing in God is not enough to get you to heaven, you must truly love God and put your life and tour trust in his hands and let him choose you future.
Do these things and you should not have anything to fear.

Lies! All lies! There is no Heaven or Hell! There may be a God but there is no Heaven or Hell.

EmceeMart
I haven't read all 8 pages of this thread but I remember as a kid being scared of dying. Now, as a 50 year old, I have learned through experience that dying is easy - living is hard.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>