Spider-man 1 or 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Backspace
I liked the first one better.

Which movie do you think is better?

Doc Ock
Spider-Man 2 easily.

Better story,better action and better villain.

b-dan
2 had more action dont like ock

doctorstrongbad
Wasn't this thread done before? Hmm.. anyways they were both great movies.

Backspace
Originally posted by doctorstrongbad
Wasn't this thread done before? Hmm.. anyways they were both great movies.
Probably, i searched and nothing came up.erm

The reason i liked SM-1 is because there were so many things in SM-2 that bugged. For instance: Spder-man was unmasked 4 times. 4 Times!!!And there were so many cheesy things in it such as Dock Ock killing the docters in the old horror film fashion. And when Dock Ock was climbing the building and that girl ran up to the camra and screamed. What the f**k? I also disliked the part were MJ was running in here wedding dress and everything was glowing. And dont forget about chocolate cake girl. Pointless stuff that just annoyed me.
Sorry, i just had to get that out of me.

Spider-man 1 had no annoying, cheesy stuff. The villian seemed more evil. I really liked seeing Spidey getting his powers.

Stealth Agent
2 b/c stan lee had more screen time

Scarecrow756
I prefred Spider-Man 2 over Spider-Man, I mean you had Doc Ock as a villan whats not to like.

Doc Ock
Originally posted by Backspace
Probably, i searched and nothing came up.erm

The reason i liked SM-1 is because there were so many things in SM-2 that bugged. For instance: Spder-man was unmasked 4 times. 4 Times!!!And there were so many cheesy things in it such as Dock Ock killing the docters in the old horror film fashion. And when Dock Ock was climbing the building and that girl ran up to the camra and screamed. What the f**k? I also disliked the part were MJ was running in here wedding dress and everything was glowing. And dont forget about chocolate cake girl. Pointless stuff that just annoyed me.
Sorry, i just had to get that out of me.

Spider-man 1 had no annoying, cheesy stuff. The villian seemed more evil. I really liked seeing Spidey getting his powers.

Doc Ock's hospital massacre was way more impressive than GG's turning the executives into instant skeletons What the f**k? That hospital scene in SM-2 rocked.

Spider-Man 1 had a power ranger costumed villain,and worst of all...........Macy Gray eek!

Spiderman_RJ
what not evil about turning into instant skeleton theres a small semi nuke device that can harm the flesh and all carbon living stuff while preserving the landscape and the buildings.....by fear the weapong was never put into service.....

DarthLazious
Both.

lil pimp
Spider-man 1 had more fight scenes in it and green goblin looked tight not to mention it told the beginning of how sh*t happened! beer

spencerspider
I liked one better.Not as much action but i liked them introducing the characters and stuff.seeing peter get powers and Green Goblin i like him better than Ock

lil pimp
Originally posted by spencerspider
I liked one better.Not as much action but i liked them introducing the characters and stuff.seeing peter get powers and Green Goblin i like him better than Ock

I liked green goblin as well mostly because his fight scenes with spiderman wore more hand to hand combat and with ock he used his tentacles all the time!

spencerspider
yea and Green Goblin was soo funny."MJ and I we're gonna have a hell of a time"lol

The Joker#1
Spider-Man 2 owns Spider-Man 1.

Green Goblin sucked.He was corny,lame and his costume was beyond stupid.

And his laugh got damn annoying.All he did was laugh.Who is he the Joker or Green Goblin??

lil pimp
The joker and green goblin are alot alike and your wrong spiderman 2 is spiderman 1's biach

Doc Ock
It's all opinion.

Though the critics and fans in general preferred Spider-Man 2 more.Including myself.

lil pimp
Originally posted by Doc Ock
It's all opinion.

Though the critics and fans in general preferred Spider-Man 2 more.Including myself.

It's hard to believe that because when I saw SP1 i was blown away and when i saw SP2 it didn't really do nothing for me.Then again that's just me!

But what really irritated me was how many times he showed his face to the world,cause i think they call it secret identity for a reason I Mene you don't see batman taking of his mask and saying hello to everybody in the subway!! smokin'

Doc Ock
There was nobody in the subway to take his mask off to except Rachel.And he told her who he was so.......

And of course you were blown away when you saw SM-1.It was like the 1st time we saw Spidey on screen.

What made SM-2 special was Doc Ock.

lil pimp
But there weren't that many fight scenes with dock ock there were like two and they were pretty short compare two part 1's fight scenes and with a character like doc ock you need more than two fight scenes throughout the whole movie!

Backspace
I agree lil pimp.
And i didnt like the whole losing his powers because he didnt want to be spider-man. Pretty lame IMO. I like the MJ/Peter moments better in S-M 1 also.

Doc Ock
Originally posted by lil pimp
But there weren't that many fight scenes with dock ock there were like two and they were pretty short compare two part 1's fight scenes and with a character like doc ock you need more than two fight scenes throughout the whole movie!

Actually the fight scenes between Spidey and Ock were longer than the Green Goblin ones.

And there was three fight scenes not two.

1.The Bank
2.The clock tower/train
3.The showdown in Ock's lair

wierddreamer213
both had their points. Docs arms were great peices of movie magic though. I would'a liked GG to be more manic and over the top. the evil psycho laugh wasn't at all what i imagined it to be from the comics....i was thinking more of a Mark Hamel's Joker thing there.... but it worked out pretty well when on it's own. They did manadge to get that Osborn was a monster without GG's influence, so it was true to the character. Doc, however wasn't really true to his comic counterpart. i liked it but he was pretty much controled by the arms (similar to Ultimate) but was a decent guy himself. rather than world domination or some insane vengence or ego trip he was trying to save teh world's energy problems...nobel if he wasn't compleatly out of his F=ing mind. Comic Oct is a lot more like Hanable Lector than movie oct. there's an intersting thought though, Thomas Harris as Doc.... both had their strong points though.

GOBLIN5679
Aside from the costume,Dafoe nailed the Norman Osborn /Goblin character,truely a great performance.

I find 2 to be the better film,Molina was just brillient when in villain Doc Ock mode,another wonderful casting.Wasn't crazy about the end,would have been better for Spider-Man to have to destroy the fusion device and save MJ at the same time,would have played like a old story from the comic.

I could watch the train screen and Harry finding the Goblin lair all day.

GOBLIN5679
Originally posted by wierddreamer213
both had their points. Docs arms were great peices of movie magic though. I would'a liked GG to be more manic and over the top. the evil psycho laugh wasn't at all what i imagined it to be from the comics....i was thinking more of a Mark Hamel's Joker thing there.... but it worked out pretty well when on it's own. They did manadge to get that Osborn was a monster without GG's influence, so it was true to the character. Doc, however wasn't really true to his comic counterpart. i liked it but he was pretty much controled by the arms (similar to Ultimate) but was a decent guy himself. rather than world domination or some insane vengence or ego trip he was trying to save teh world's energy problems...nobel if he wasn't compleatly out of his F=ing mind. Comic Oct is a lot more like Hanable Lector than movie oct. there's an intersting thought though, Thomas Harris as Doc.... both had their strong points though.

I wouldn't describe Norman before the Goblin as monster.The movie portrayed Norman pre transformation as obsessed with company and its future.His greed and power lust leed to his downfall and transformation into The Green Goblin.Remember the Goblin represents all of Norman's bad traits.I think the movie did a great job capturing this.

With comic Ock ,I see a pompus,arrogant,socially withdrawn man obsessed with his work above all else and this is before the accident.I didn't care for the loving husband and poetery crap.Though when he was in villain mode he was the Ock I imagine in the comics right down to the little evil smirk.

scorpionlord
neither,I'll take the old 70s show over the 2 movies anyday.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.