ROTS Obi-Wan vs. ROTJ Luke Skywalker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ESB-1138
(First off, I used search and nothing came up so)
Who will win?

DarthGenises
ROTS Obi-Wan.

Captain REX
Obi-Wan. Luke was only half-trained, whereas Obi-Wan had gone through the stages and was a Master as well.

ESB-1138
Yoda did say that Luke was on the level of Jedi Knight.

Darth_Glentract
Obi-wan was a master though. Luke loses.

Darth L. Dipsit
Originally posted by ESB-1138
Yoda did say that Luke was on the level of Jedi Knight.

Actually, Mr. ESB-1138, sir, I remember it like this (no offense meant, sir):

Luke: But I need your help. I've come back to complete the training.

Yoda: No more training do you require. Already know you that which you need.

Luke: Then I am a Jedi.

Yoda: (Shakes his head) Ohhh. No yet. One thing remains: Vader. You must confront Vader. Then, only then, a Jedi will you be. And confront him you will.

That is taken from the ROTJ script. Thus, Luke was not even a Jedi Knight (or, assuming that Yoda meant what he seemed, on the level of a Jedi Knight). I just thought I'd mention that because it's something that always struck me.

However, at the end of the movie (I wasn't sure), you are, of course, 100% correct. My apologies if this interjection wasted any time or caused inconvenience.

Peace be with you, sir.

ESB-1138
I didn't say he was. I said Yoda knew he was ready to be a Jedi Knight.

Darth L. Dipsit
Correct. Of course you are right. I simply made the mistake of adding a somewhat pointless contribution. Again, my apologies, sir.

Lord Darkstar
Obi would take this easily, Luke in RotJ had potential but he was clumsy and had only flashes of greatness. Obi-Wan on the other hand defeated Anakin at the height of his power and Anakin would have wasted Luke, also go re-watch the RotS movie, then watch the RotJ movie, Obi is far quicker, smarter, stronger etc. He would win this easily

DarthMaul9123
yes pointless now my vote luke skywalker

Darth L. Dipsit
Originally posted by Lord Darkstar
Obi would take this easily, Luke in RotJ had potential but he was clumsy and had only flashes of greatness. Obi-Wan on the other hand defeated Anakin at the height of his power and Anakin would have wasted Luke, also go re-watch the RotS movie, then watch the RotJ movie, Obi is far quicker, smarter, stronger etc. He would win this easily

Darkstar! Dude, it's great to have you back! Where'd you go?

darthrevan89

Hey Darkstar where have you been? Its great to have you back!

SpiritOfTheDead
Obi would pwn. He is much more experienced and recieved much more Jedi training and discipline. He is also lightyears ahead of Luke in terms of saber combat. In a lightsaber battle, his blue saber would slice luke to pieces.

ESB-1138
I'm going for Obi but rethink what you said about comparing ROTS and ROTJ.
ROTS was made this year and it has great special effets
ROTJ was made in the 80s where the special effects weren't that great.

Darth Sparhawk
Obi-Wan. Luke is a great jedi, but not as shrewd as Ben.

Darth Mantis
Obi-Wan's experience is more than enough to topple this Skywalker's short training...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.