Manhwa & Manhua

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riku harada
has anyone ever read a Manhwa & a Manhua before? i have. it just seems that ppl don't know about the Korean (Manhwa) and Chinese (Manhua) equivalants of manga.

so here's a list of manhwas that you've probably heard of, if not read

Manhwa

Armageddon
Bibi
Blazin' Barrels
The Boss
Chronicles of the Cursed Sword
Chrono Code (Riverside)
Couple
Crazy Love Story
Demon Diary
Dragon Hunter
Eternity
Evil's Return
Faeries' Landing
Fantasy Land
Full House
Gadirok
Hard Boiled Angel
Honey Mustard
iD_eNTITY
I.N.V.U.
Island
Kill Me, Kiss Me
King of Hell
Kumiho
Armageddon
Les Bijoux
Lights Out
Love or Money
Love Virus
Model
Mythology of the Heavens
Nambul: War Stories
Neck and Neck
NOW
One
Peppermint
President Dad
Priest
Queen's Knight
Ragnarok
Rebirth
Ruler of the Land
Saint Marie
Soul to Seoul
Sky Blade Sword of the Heavens
Snow Drop
Sweet and Sensitive
The 11th Cat
Threads of Time
Under the Glass Moon
Warcraft The Sunwell Triology
Yongbi the Invincible
Yureka

Manhua isn't as well known, and from my reading of it, isn't quite as good. just thought you guys would like to know.

sai12
They are just as good as manga! Well, most of them Then again manga has its bad ones too.....Though it sometimes gets a bit confusing (President Dad for example)

Thanks for the list...I usually just consider any book that reads left-to-right as a korean manga smile

riku harada
Originally posted by sai12
They are just as good as manga! Well, most of them Then again manga has its bad ones too.....Though it sometimes gets a bit confusing (President Dad for example)

Thanks for the list...I usually just consider any book that reads left-to-right as a korean manga smile
yes. manhwa(korean) is just as good. but manhua(chinese) isn't they try to make it to realistic, or too much like manga. basically, they try too hard and mess up.

sai12
I doubt I've read any Chinese ones...But is there one called IS? Just curious...cuz the art is very realistic in that one (Or it looked like it when I flipped through it in the store..)

riku harada
don't know. the one i read was something i borrowed from a friend. it was about this orphan boy who learned woman martial arts and was becoming famous. i don't even remember the title because i didn't like it. they usually are the size of art books and read left to right.

riku harada
i looked at wikipedia again and it states:
'Manhua is usually based on Chinese folktales.'

sai12
Heh, well....I guess I'll have to see one to know what it is! :P

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.