Superman, you might not like him but you HAVE to respect him

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King KAM
I would first like to start this off by saying that Superman is NOT a friend of mine and i wouldnt list him in my list of favorite super-heroes.

Most people spend all of their time trying to find new ways to put BigBlue down, and find ways to defeat him, but i would just like to say that i have the upmost respect for his character, HE is the MAN of the DC Universe whether we like it or not. In the JL or when he is by himself, he NEVER backs down from a challenge and will battle it out with anyone who tries to harm the people he protects, he single handedly carries the responsibility for the well being of the people of Earth on his back,and rarely complains, when it is the 4th quarter and crunch time, the people of the DC universe (super heroes included) dont put all of their hopes in Batman, Captain Atom, Green Latern, or even Captain Marvel, they place them on the shoulders of Superman, and he accepts this duty and performs at 150% when it is needed, and when people are lost or a battle is lost he places the full blame on himself even though he knows he couldnt have possibly tried harder. BigBlue PAYS the cost to be the boss and thats why he is the boss. Never has there been a Super hero with more responsibility, and never will there be one.

King KAM
and i dont give a damn if someone has written something similar to this, i had to say what i had to say.

pr1983
Well said... though talking to superman haters is like talking to the wall sometimes...

King KAM
thanks!

well said KingKam, regardless if some people don't like him or not you're are 100% right he IS the basically the father of superheros and protects us all...

It's a bird, it's a plane, no, it's Superman!

ZephroCarnelian
I couldn't agree more.

Well put. He is the MAN.

Red Superfly
There was a time I went right off Superman, but now I really like him again.

He's not as cool as Spidey or Batman, but he's certainly one of my faves.

pr1983
i've said it before and i'lll say it again...

If the world was really in danger and you could choose one hero to save us all, who would you choose?

I'm willing to bet most would say superman, whether they like him or not...

alexanderluthor
wow! you really like this guy don't you? or at least you respect the character, but i too would leave my life in his hands.

Mainstream
Originally posted by pr1983

If the world was really in danger and you could choose one hero to save us all, who would you choose?

god like Cable

pr1983
Originally posted by Mainstream
god like Cable

laughing

delusions of grandeur do not a great hero make... stick out tongue

Fianna
I have an unrelated question but people are in here so : if I was going to read Justice League comics ((superman connection there embarrasment )) ..which one would I start with? ninja

pr1983
Originally posted by Fianna
I have an unrelated question but people are in here so : if I was going to read Justice League comics ((superman connection there embarrasment )) ..which one would I start with? ninja

Do u just want superman or the general justice league?

actually pm me, i might be able to help...

Fianna
Do u just want superman or the general justice league?

actually pm me, i might be able to help... Justice League...okay big grin

brainchild81

I'm willing to bet most would say superman, whether they like him or not... I don't and I'd say Silver Surfer.

pr1983
Originally posted by brainchild81
I don't and I'd say Silver Surfer.

He's cosmic... stick out tongue

xmarksthespot
Depends on what kind of threat it is. If it was something that advanced science would best deal with then I'd go with Reed Richards over Superman any day. If the threat was a man made of organic green kryptonite I doubt you'd choose Superman big grin.

pr1983
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Depends on what kind of threat it is. If it was something that advanced science would best deal with then I'd go with Reed Richards over Superman any day. If the threat was a man made of organic green kryptonite I doubt you'd choose Superman big grin.

blowup

xmarksthespot
blowup laughing
Sorry I respect Supes, what he is and what he can do; but I just happen to have more respect for a hero who goes into a fight knowing he could lose, rather than a hero who knows he is nigh invulnerable.

pr1983
He can lose... shazam beat his ass a while back... the omac robots... wonder woman, ruin...

xmarksthespot
Oh, I realise he can lose. Doesn't take away the psyche that he is pretty indestructable as opposed to someone who goes into every fight knowing if lady luck isn't feeling friendly they're going to be killed, rolled up in a carpet and thrown off a bridge.

pr1983
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Oh, I realise he can lose. Doesn't take away the psyche that he is pretty indestructable as opposed to someone who goes into every fight knowing if lady luck isn't feeling friendly they're going to be killed, rolled up in a carpet and thrown off a bridge.

Suppose... but with the power of enemies he faces, he has to be 100%, and he isnt exactly arrogant... his feeling of superiority is negative... he feels ultimately responsible for the lives of so many...

crimsonphoenix
im not going to have my life in someones hands im going to leave it in my hands. i mean wut happens if superman cant save us and now we have to be slaves to sum alien race. i rather become rogue and fight me own battles.

pr1983
Originally posted by crimsonphoenix
im not going to have my life in someones hands im going to leave it in my hands. i mean wut happens if superman cant save us and now we have to be slaves to sum alien race. i rather become rogue and fight me own battles.

I was talking about an enemy or thing we have no chance against...

crimsonphoenix
ok an enemy....... yeah i still have nothing

brainchild81
He's cosmic... stick out tongue Yep. That's why I'd choose him.Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Oh, I realise he can lose. Doesn't take away the psyche that he is pretty indestructable as opposed to someone who goes into every fight knowing if lady luck isn't feeling friendly they're going to be killed, rolled up in a carpet and thrown off a bridge. laughing That's graphic.

Bardock42
Well said... though talking to superman haters is like talking to the wall sometimes...

Was that aimed at me What the f**k?

Hal Jordan (GL)....or most other GLs for that matter....Silver Surfer.....Spectre......Martian Manhunter......Ion...Batman (yes...he can do the ob...everyone knows that)....there are way better choices than Superman (yes hes up there too...but you still neither have to like or respect him).....he has a pretty decent haircut though...I give him that......

As for respecting him.....every single hero in the Justice League (The good one.....with SM, BM, GL, F, WW, MM, AM and maybe PM) woul do the exact same thing...that's what heroes do.....the only difference is that he is like a little innocent baby....as Batman said his Thoughts couldn't even scare a Baby......
Ok he is powerful yes...and he is a true heroe...and everyone inside the Universe has to respect hi for that...but we outside of DC don't have to....since every second Superheroe is that way anyways.......Superman just has a really good Public Relations Manager......

Grammaton
Superman just happens to be the "American" hero...Yes I am aware he is Kryptonian, but I think that is where the facination beings. A total alien who loved Earth more than anything else even his own home planet. Their aren't many other heros who can hold a torch up to that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.