The Last Horror Movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

papabeard
Just watched this, and thought it was good, especially for a low budget effort.

Has echoes of American Psycho, in the form of the main character, and obviously Man Bites Dog, but seems to make more use of the concept of a real life serial killer documentary/home video.

Quite clever and intelligent and trying to do something a little different, its quite brutal and difficult to watch in places, due to the fact that the killings are very matter of fact and realistic, with no background music or elaborate death sequences. Also has a blackly comic streak running throughout.

I enjoyed this film and although it not as clever as it thinks it is , it does ask a few interesting questions of the audience. 8/10.

Anyone else have any views on this?

b-dan
ive seen it at the place were i rent movies but i never got around to rent it didnt fangro magazine have something to do with it??

Cinemaddiction
1/2 American Psycho..1/2 Man Bites Dog..100% shit. I hated it, and it totally bored me. Fangoria movies need to cease to exist.

MildPossession
After all the hype about it a few years ago, I didn't think it was anything special.

papabeard
i never heard any of the hype about this film, i try to avoid hype and marketing if possible.

Maybe a bit enthusiastic with an 8/10, on second thoughts a 7/10.

MildPossession
I just heard a load of hype about it at a horror film festival once.

papabeard
Where was the film festival? there is a good one in Edinburgh called Dead by Dawn.

MildPossession
London

Plenthorpe
I agree with Papabeard, its a fresh take on a worn out genre. Has much to say on the topics of horror films, societal violence and the bloody intersection of the two.

papabeard
It is also bears similarities to a film called The Last Broadcast, which I believe the Blair Witch Project ripped-off

The Last Horror Movie also questions why you would want to watch films with such violent and horrific content.

b-dan
so im gussing he movie sucks

papabeard
Just watched Maniac yesterday and found out that a film known as The Fanatic starring Joe Spinnell, was also called The Last Horror Film.

Plenthorpe
I also heard of a film being made with Freddy, Jason and Leatherface called THE LAST HORROR PICTURE SHOW.

As for THE LAST HORROR MOVIE sucking, I think it blows 7/10

Cinemaddiction
7/10 is pretty generous for a film you thought sucked.

Plenthorpe
I didn't say it sucks, I said it BLOWS... smokin'

cropsy_is_god
Its nothing Special but ive seen worse.

LizzyT123
The Last Horror Movie? I saw it at Blockbuster, but I hate that place......so I thought it would probably be crappy. Whats it supposed to be about?

nymus
The director of THE LAST HORROR MOVIE has a new release on DVD called SUMMER SCARS and it also stars Kevin Howarth who played the killer in TLHM.

Selphie
Originally posted by Selphie
The Last Horror Movie? I saw it at Blockbuster, but I hate that place......so I thought it would probably be crappy. Whats it supposed to be about?

I guess I forgot to compliment that I loved this movie. Wonderful!

BigRed
I watched this with my friend that normally hates these 'b-level' movies. But he loved this, as did I. I thought it was really well done and a damn good horror film for such a low budget, almost unknown film.

kodak
i've wanted to see it since it came out, i should rent it, the movie store beside my house just took it out of the "new releases" section about 2 months ago.

anyway, i'll most likely get it this weekend and watch it with some friends.

is it MST3K worthy?
yes, my friends are the type to do that, And yes, we did all love the show.

nymus
Looks like a re-release of THE LAST HORROR MOVIE is planned.

May 5th for UK and August 8th for US.

starmovie
I also love this movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.