Batman Vs Namor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Batman Wins
Batman gets a week of preptime, and Namor just finished fighting a battle on land and here comes Batman, Back kicking him in the head.

Knee to the gut, and a round house kick to the Face. I will say the rest but I want to hear what you guys think first.

grey fox
Namor

reasons......

1: even out of water namor is still in the fifty ton range therefore one punch is all he needs to clock batman

2: he can fly ... i know no biggie supes can fly , but it's still a advantage over bat's

and 3: we can't take this thread seriously form a guy who calls himself Batman has a pic of bats for a sig and avatar AND say's batman can beat anyone .

Batman Wins
Originally posted by grey fox
Namor

reasons......

1: even out of water namor is still in the fifty ton range therefore one punch is all he needs to clock batman

2: he can fly ... i know no biggie supes can fly , but it's still a advantage over bat's

and 3: we can't take this thread seriously form a guy who calls himself Batman has a pic of bats for a sig and avatar AND say's batman can beat anyone .

If I had Phoenix in my sig and my name was phoenix, and say phoenix could win...you would not believe me ?

Besides out of water after a fight weakends Namor greatly, and Batman has his weapons..Yes Wonder woman is stronger when out of water so Namor is not a proble. HE GETS A WEEK..what do you think Bats is going to do ? not prepare ? Dont ask me how Wolverine took on Namor in the Past if hes such a dangerous dude.

grey fox
No wolverine took him on because wolverine is a marvel poster-boy and regularly gets dumb ass powerups which allow him to regenerate from a single cell . Whereas namor is marvel's most underrated character as hardly anyone knows about him or cares even though he has chumped the hulk on various occasions and other powerhouses .

Tron
Originally posted by Batman Wins
Besides out of water after a fight weakends Namor greatly, and Batman has his weapons..Yes Wonder woman is stronger when out of water so Namor is not a proble. HE GETS A WEEK..what do you think Bats is going to do ? not prepare ? Dont ask me how Wolverine took on Namor in the Past if hes such a dangerous dude.

He may get weaker (if that's what you wanna call it), but nowhere near weak enough for any kick of Batman's to work. Even weakened, Namor's still a serious brick.

long pig
The Avenging Son ends this with a single solitary "flick".

Namor:"I am.....IMPERIOUS REX!!"
Batman:"I just peed a little...."

Batman Wins
Namor will rip Bats Skull off, if bats didn't have his Knock out gass it would be over in 5 seconds. Namor is weak on land, and even weaker after fighting in a battle, then here comes Batman with a surprise attack, and Gass. Namor ain't the smartest fish in the lake. Batman Also has a week of prep. Without Prep namor eats Batmans Belt, and Batman himself, but with these conditions, Batman Wins 4/10

grey fox
Batman's cool and all but is strongest enemies have been around ten tons i think , namor owns him

Here are some namor feats

Breaks through the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak in Marvel Team-Up #8, WHILE ON LAND, knocking out Doctor Strange.

Dodges an attack coming at him in Mach speeds.

Resists Human Torch who is as hot as Sun (nova), and carries him to water to save his life.

Defeats Captain America and knocks Giant Man out with his shield

Lifts fully loaded tanker (about 110,000 tons without any load, nearly 200,000 with load)

Batman Wins
Originally posted by grey fox
Batman's cool and all but is strongest enemies have been around ten tons i think , namor owns him

Here are some namor feats

Breaks through the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak in Marvel Team-Up #8, WHILE ON LAND, knocking out Doctor Strange.

Dodges an attack coming at him in Mach speeds.

Resists Human Torch who is as hot as Sun (nova), and carries him to water to save his life.

Defeats Captain America and knocks Giant Man out with his shield

Lifts fully loaded tanker (about 110,000 tons without any load, nearly 200,000 with load)

Clayface......Alot more than 10 tons.

olympian
"Besides out of water after a fight weakends Namor greatly"

He doesnt get weak even in the level of Spiderman who is levels above Batman, nevermind to the human level.

Pretty much if Namor gets his hands at him ( by being also alot faster even as weaker ) Bats its done.

"Clayface......Alot more than 10 tons."

Who has Clay ever won that is important? The fact he gets beat by Batman all the time shows how great he is. Hes nowhere a weak Namor level tho. And against the full one its laughable.

Batman Wins
Originally posted by olympian
"Besides out of water after a fight weakends Namor greatly"

He doesnt get weak even in the level of Spiderman who is levels above Batman, nevermind to the human level.

Pretty much if Namor gets his hands at him ( by being also alot faster even as weaker ) Bats its done.

"Clayface......Alot more than 10 tons."

Who has Clay ever won that is important? The fact he gets beat by Batman all the time shows how great he is. Hes nowhere a weak Namor level tho. And against the full one its laughable.

Did you forget the one week of prep and the fact that namor just finish fighting out of water....?

long pig
Strange has just pulled him out of the water while in his weaker Astral form and was examining his mind and a back lash occured and it K.O'd Strange, then Namor broke them.

He's strong, but not strong enough to break something that holds the very universe together.

grey fox
Did you forget the one week of prep and the fact that namor just finish fighting out of water....?

It' doesn't matter because even out of water he is strong enough to rip bat's to shreds . I mean come on bat's has he whole martial art thing going for him but namor chumped cap (who through a unanimous vote can beat bat's)

grey fox
Originally posted by long pig
Strange has just pulled him out of the water while in his weaker Astral form and was examining his mind and a back lash occured and it K.O'd Strange, then Namor broke them.

He's strong, but not strong enough to break something that holds the very universe together.

BUMP

olympian
What exactly its Batman going to do as prep against someone he never faced before? Be more specific.

Because if the idea its just restraining him physically even at its weakest, hes not going to pull it off.

Batman Wins
What exactly its Batman going to do as prep against someone he never faced before? Be more specific.

Because if the idea its just restraining him physically even at its weakest, hes not going to pull it off.

Some one he never faced before...thats...why...he...is...using ......prep...time... i am sure he will know more about Namor than Namor, with a week of prep. Namor will have no clue about batman and will underestimate him.

grey fox
And now the true battle begins. It's one of the greatest mortal fighters in the world taking on one of the most underrated marvel characters ever. The fight's tough for both sides, but Robin intervenes with a surprise attack on Namor . Namor, however, just isn't surprised enough and cuts Robin apart with a whupass sword.

Holy decapitation Batman...he killed Robin. That bastard!

Besides his normal angsty rant, Batman's not too phased, since he can always get a new Robin. But he does use this distraction to sucker punch namor, flooring him then and there.

Batman thinks he's won, but he forgot about the marvel comeback . Namor gets up and makes his attack. He has Batman on the ropes, but then lets up enough for the Dark Knight to make some sort of annoying speech about how he is the night, he is vengeance, they killed my parents, I have to wear tights, blah blah blah. It runs something along the lines of this:

"My angst...MY ANGST...MY ANGST!!!"

While Batman is ranting, Namor steps out and picks up a 10,000 ton tanker and slams it straight into batman turing him into bat pate

long pig
Haha...wait.
Can Namor have his sword which cuts reality and time with each slice?

Just to even it up....

xmarksthespot
Asked all the time. Never gets answered.

Batman Wins
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Asked all the time. Never gets answered.

confused I just said it like 5 times above.

olympian
"Some one he never faced before...thats...why...he...is...using ......prep...time...

"Namor will have no clue about batman and will underestimate him."

That logic its turned around. Prep time only works when you know your opponent. They never met before. For you to say that Batman will know something for him to prepare, they must have an encounter before this one. Wich means Namor will know with whom is he dealing also. Or is this one sided eh.

It works both ways, and because it does, my money is on the guy who is more powerful even at its weakest.

long pig
Some one he never faced before...thats...why...he...is...using ......prep...time... i am sure he will know more about Namor than Namor, with a week of prep. Namor will have no clue about batman and will underestimate him.

The classic "I don't know what he'll do, but he'll do it!" defense.

I like Batman too, Batman is awesome, he gets his ass kicked by one of my favorite character all the time, but come the hell on.

Batman Wins
"Some one he never faced before...thats...why...he...is...using ......prep...time...

"Namor will have no clue about batman and will underestimate him."

That logic its turned around. Prep time only works when you know your opponent. They never met before. For you to say that Batman will know something for him to prepare, they must have an encounter before this one. Wich means Namor will know with whom is he dealing also. Or is this one sided eh.

It works both ways, and because it does, my money is on the guy who is more powerful even at its weakest.

So what you are saying is Batman could never find out about a person, if he doesnt know them...well whats the point on finding about a person, if you already know them confused

Batman Wins
Originally posted by long pig
The classic "I don't know what he'll do, but he'll do it!" defense.

I like Batman too, Batman is awesome, he gets his ass kicked by one of my favorite character all the time, but come the hell on.

I didnt say say id n what he will do but he will do it confused

Did you read any of what I said. Right or wrong I did explain myself confused

So I guess the Conditions on the week of prep namor out of water after fighting some one, makes namor class 300.

Oh if thats the case, Namor ***** Smack Batman into a pile of tuna Happy Dance

olympian
"So what you are saying is Batman could never find out about a person, if he doesnt know them...well whats the point on finding about a person, if you already know them "

Everytime Batman had prep and that worked, he already had encounters before with that person. Otherwise how is he going to know the specific or possible weakness. Hes no xavier and he cant guess either. Thats what prep time means.

Unless of course everyone knows about heroes weakness ala -hello, Kriptonite can kill me, feel fre to use -, wich isent the case.

Batman Wins
"So what you are saying is Batman could never find out about a person, if he doesnt know them...well whats the point on finding about a person, if you already know them "

Everytime Batman had prep and that worked, he already had encounters before with that person. Otherwise how is he going to know the specific or possible weakness. Hes no xavier and he cant guess either. Thats what prep time means.

Unless of course everyone knows about heroes weakness ala -hello, Kriptonite can kill me, feel fre to use -, wich isent the case.

I agree 80% yes

xmarksthespot
Did you read any of what I said. Right or wrong I did explain myself confused
Are you talking about at the start of the thread where you said Batman would knee Namor in the gut, or in the middle of the thread where you said Batman would use knockout gas?
In either case Namor kills the land-dweller.

grey fox
namor+batman= batman ripped to shreds

Batman Wins
Are you talking about at the start of the thread where you said Batman would knee Namor in the gut, or in the middle of the thread where you said Batman would use knockout gas?
In either case Namor kills the land-dweller.

laughing very Funny.

Pick out the parts you want, and leave out the real stuff confused

Well overall you guys are right though....80% correct...Only 80%

Fish man does take this.

olympian
That makes Namor 100% victorious

devil2

xmarksthespot
laughing very Funny.
Pick out the parts you want, and leave out the real stuff confused
Well overall you guys are right though....80% correct...Only 80%
Fish man does take this.
What real stuff? confused Seriously. Repost it. (So that I can pick it apart evil face )

Batman Wins
What real stuff? confused Seriously. Repost it.

Nothanks, people will only not read it again.

I agree that Namor wins though.

grey fox
Why hasn't this thread died yet... i mean were all agreed that the fish-man will kill the bat-man

dawsey28
Nothanks, people will only not read it again.

I agree that Namor wins though.

What the f**k? Where is this mystery post you speak of so that WE CAN read it. How else do you expect us to counter it? Or is that your goal? confused

I mean come on, does Namor have some exploitable weakness or something? How exactly is prep time going to help Batman? Is he going to get some uber weapon to help him? What is he going to do? Please tell us.

A prepped Batman defeated The Flash in JLA Secret Files and Origins #1 by sabotaging the air conditioning of the building they were in and using a breathing mask.

But then again, that was in a building, not in an open area, and Flash was being mind controlled.

Batman defeated Superman, but Superman has exploitable weaknesses like kryptonite.

So what is he going to do to Namor?

spidermonkey
Batman gets a week of preptime, and Namor just finished fighting a battle on land and here comes Batman, Back kicking him in the head.

Knee to the gut, and a round house kick to the Face. I will say the rest but I want to hear what you guys think first.

BATMAN: Ouch... my leg! What the-- ... is your skin bulletproof or something?

I know, since I had prep time, I'll use electricity to shock him. That'll work. laughing

jinzin
okay...am I the only one who saw that batman gets a weak of prep......

either we go by forum rules and batman knows who namor is and understands him to a degree and brings something ridiculous to the fight like some sort of dehydration machine....ORRRR we ignore the rules...

you guys seem to think that prep is geared for a person to capitalize on weaknesses and that it only works if you know those weaknesses or in other words know your opponent...

wrong.

considering batman's resources, he has multiple options to go with....he can bring 20 batmobiles to the fight, his bat wing jet, he can ebue himself with superpowers, he can bring a mech suit, he can bring his mother box, he can use magic,....the list truly goes on and on and on...if he had no idea who his opponent was it wouldn't matter..he'd bring enough material to the fight to basically ensure victory....I mean he's simply THAT paranoid....he would do it...

given that...I think the possibilities of him taking out a land based namor are entirely in his favor..

xmarksthespot
No everyone saw that he has a weeks prep. But everyone realises that a weeks prep can only do so much and Batman isn't Forge or Doom.

Does Batman have 20 Batmobiles?
Batman has magical ability? confused
Batman imbues himself with superpowers how?

Your entire argument is "He's Batman. He'll find a way." Same thing as Batman Wins says but lengthier.

jinzin
my argument relies completely on his resources...other humans in the DC universe have given themselves super powers in fact that's part of what's currently going on in lex luthor's title....

batman has demonstrated some magical knowledge when dealing with the demon etrigan.....you think with dr. fate and zatanna batman couldn't learn a thing or two with a week to prep?

and yes..he DOES have 20 batmobiles...in the issue where him and robin take down amazo there's a few panals that show this...

jinzin
and has far as the "he's batman he'll find a way" thing.....

why wouldn't he? with prep....isn't that what he does? confused

CorderaMitchell
No everyone saw that he has a weeks prep. But everyone realises that a weeks prep can only do so much and Batman isn't Forge or Doom.

Does Batman have 20 Batmobiles?
Batman has magical ability? confused
Batman imbues himself with superpowers how?

Your entire argument is "He's Batman. He'll find a way." Same thing as Batman Wins says but lengthier. Poor x.

xmarksthespot
Fate, Zatanna and Luthor are all outside help.
Originally posted by jinzin
ORRRR we ignore the rules...

jinzin
I would think, considering that this is a battle involving prep batman could get whatever resources from so called "outside help" if he wanted to....otherwise you're limiting his prep abilities which basically ruins the idea of using prep in the first place...

that kind of outside help is far more different than what the forum rules are talking about...the idea is different alltogether.....

in any case batman's already displayed some working knowledge of magic.

second, it was lex who came to bruce to get resources, not the other way around.

third, I think it's interesting how everyone forgot that captain america already put namor down without prep (pressure pointed his ass).....

and finally, we're either going by the rules or we are not, if we go by the rules batman already has knowledge of his opponent...game, set, and match.

CorderaMitchell
I don't see why batman CAN'T win, but I don't see why "he's batman" is a suitable argument, either...

Batman Wins
You Love to CAPITALIZE, stuff DON'T you CORDERA....we CAN see IT...lol

jinzin
that wasn't an argument I made so I fail to see your point...

xmarksthespot said my argument was "he's batman he'll find a way".

which was a bit of a mockery of what my argument actually is...however.....it is something to consider that prep time essentially IS finding a way to beat your opponent, so I fail to see how that kind of argument is wrong.... how many fights can YOU think of where batman has gone in with prep time and lost? confused

they call him batgod for a reason...

CorderaMitchell
You Love to CAPITALIZE, stuff DON'T you CORDERA....we CAN see IT...lol I'm too lazy to BOLD.

CorderaMitchell
that wasn't an argument I made so I fail to see your point...

xmarksthespot said my argument was "he's batman he'll find a way".

which was a bit of a mockery of what my argument actually is...however.....it is something to consider that prep time essentially IS finding a way to beat your opponent, so I fail to see how that kind of argument is wrong.... how many fights can YOU think of where batman has gone in with prep time and lost? confused

they call him batgod for a reason... bull, let me see, I'm not saying any names.

"he's batman he'll find a way."

Or a favorite, "I don't know how, he's smarter than me after all."

I didn't say you said it, but your paragraph is proving my points, "he's batman, he can't lose with prep."

Anyways with enough prep *I* could beat batman...

jinzin
I've already given multiple ways for batman to arrive on the field WITHOUT knowing about namor, and having the tools to win the fight....

batman with prep just isn't a fight a guy like a land based namor can win....

your argument's basically, batman with prep can't beat a landbased imperious rex.....even though a preped bat's has never lost before.... confused............................sad

CorderaMitchell
I've already given multiple ways for batman to arrive on the field WITHOUT knowing about namor, and having the tools to win the fight....

batman with prep just isn't a fight a guy like a land based namor can win....

your argument's basically, batman with prep can't beat a landbased imperious rex.....even though a preped bat's has never lost before.... confused............................sad I said batman can win, you just letting your hate of me cause an argument... sad

jinzin
not at all....I'm just doing what you're doing....

CorderaMitchell
not at all....I'm just doing what you're doing.... I was pointing out what people say in batprep arguments,""he's batman, he'll find a way".

Thats all thats been said, excusing outside help...

CorderaMitchell
not at all....I'm just doing what you're doing.... You're not black. confused

Batman Wins
Thats people...not me

jinzin
or me.

CorderaMitchell
k....

Batman Wins
Good, now that you understand. Be off

joesha28
Namor should win this....stronger faster everything. But a week of prep time! Man! i must be crazy to say Batman lose.

lifeisaglich
batman and his prep time in the match....he is going to win and on top of this namor is not intirely in top shape for this match..

black robb

Knee to the gut, and a round house kick to the Face. I will say the rest but I want to hear what you guys think first. He's so far away from a fanboy...

King KAM
Bam!, bats does a backflip and throws a a Battarang which is made with an extra dense metal which has been sharpened with a lazer to be sharp enough to pierce the sub-mariner, once in the flesh of namor BUZZ! shocks him with over 3 million volts of pure electricity, THENwhile namor is on the ground, he presses a button and drops a Bat Version of a Boeing 747 on him, crushing him. Bats the victor

jinzin
lol...

the funny thing is...

with prep time this could happen...

CorderaMitchell
lol...

the funny thing is...

with prep time this could happen... Make you black?

jrodslam
Originally posted by King KAM
Bam!, bats does a backflip and throws a a Battarang which is made with an extra dense metal which has been sharpened with a lazer to be sharp enough to pierce the sub-mariner, once in the flesh of namor BUZZ! shocks him with over 3 million volts of pure electricity, THENwhile namor is on the ground, he presses a button and drops a Bat Version of a Boeing 747 on him, crushing him. Bats the victor

Ummm............ maybe that might have a chance of working IF NAMOR DIDNT HAVE THE ABILITY TO ABSORB ELECTRICITY AND RE-DIRECT IT.

Bats gets fried and loses by his own device.

King KAM
did i say electricity? i meant 3million joules of plasma

jinzin
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
Make you black?

yes shifty

CorderaMitchell
wow...

Wanderer259
Call me nuts if you'd like, but at least at this time in the early morning, I can't see Batman with the win. Namor has no weaknesses to exploit, and at his lowest, he's still far, far, far higher than Bats on the food chain.

Namor crushes Batman, even with the prep-time, because Batman Wins created a really bad entrance for Bats. stick out tongue

CorderaMitchell
Is that possible?

thezenbrawler
wait, what just happened?

CorderaMitchell
Older member wierdness, its what nerds do.

post random shit...

jinzin
i thought the entrance was a simple possibility.....if not batman wins didn't specify whether or not bat's shows up in a mech...

CorderaMitchell
Which means he won't, but hey if he can turn you black, he can do... ANYTHING!

jinzin
it means he may OR may not...it doesn't specify...

CorderaMitchell
If it isn't specified, it means not...

Its a special condition...

jinzin
but we have prep...prep IS a special condition.....

I mean if batman had knowledge on namor..couldn't he just nuke the ****er and kick the crap out of what's left?

CorderaMitchell
but we have prep...prep IS a special condition.....

I mean if batman had knowledge on namor..couldn't he just nuke the ****er and kick the crap out of what's left? He's batman I guess so, but it wasn't specified, are you saying he can enter one, and it isn't outside interference?

jinzin
with prep....yeah it really shouldn't be...

him paying flash to come and beat up namor would be outside help...but a nuke is clearly within his prep given abilities..

CorderaMitchell
okey dokey, I guess a great mech could take care of a weakened namor, like I said, this match has been ALL for bats favor...

Juntai
Namor then turns on Batman and swings full force.
His motherbox protects the blow and any that may come after.
He then uses the Phantom zone projector and exits him from this plane.
End game.

Batman could win this with 10 minutes of prep, let alone a week.

jinzin
seriously....I totally space the phantom zone cheat card...lol..good work.

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by Juntai
Namor then turns on Batman and swings full force.
His motherbox protects the blow and any that may come after.
He then uses the Phantom zone projector and exits him from this plane.
End game.

Batman could win this with 10 minutes of prep, let alone a week. You know how diehard of a DC fan you sound like right now?? confused

jinzin
You know how diehard of a DC fan you sound like right now?? confused

nah man he just made a great great point..

CorderaMitchell
nah man he just made a great great point.. Go read JLA/JSA vs Tyrant/Odin/Thanos

jinzin
what does that have to do with this debate?

Juntai
Go read JLA/JSA vs Tyrant/Odin/Thanos

Surfer has stood up against Tyrant.... Darkseid downed Surfer with one shot from eye beams. Supe's vision is considered to be it's equivelent, and the Omega beams also bounce off of Superman's chest, likewise does his heat vision to Darkseid. There's another thread here where someone posted a comic of Thanos saying a nuclear level attack would destroy him, then Thor bashed him across the galaxy or something. Sounds like a defeat to me. Superman will handle him too. They both get dealt with solitary blasts from Supes' vision. At lightspeed no less. Him and the two teams can then take on Odin.

Then again, this is just my opinion, why are you trying to bash me for it?

Namor's chances of winning this fight are none to none.

CorderaMitchell
Surfer has stood up against Tyrant.... Darkseid downed Surfer with one shot from eye beams. Supe's vision is considered to be it's equivelent, and the Omega beams also bounce off of Superman's chest, likewise does his heat vision to Darkseid. There's another thread here where someone posted a comic of Thanos saying a nuclear level attack would destroy him, then Thor bashed him across the galaxy or something. Sounds like a defeat to me. Superman will handle him too. They both get dealt with solitary blasts from Supes' vision. At lightspeed no less. Him and the two teams can then take on Odin.

Then again, this is just my opinion, why are you trying to bash me for it?

Not bashing, it just seemed like you were giving bats a little too much cred.

Meh. Pardon the harshness...

Juntai
Appology accepted.

Also it may sound like I just did some Superman fanboy stuff.... but, Superman is far from my favorite hero I just recognize that he carries the bad mother****er wallet, like Sam Jackson in Pulp Fiction.

jinzin
"the bad mother ****er wallet"

laughing out loud

I'm stealing that for my own dark purposes....lol.

Juntai
"the bad mother ****er wallet"

laughing out loud

I'm stealing that for my own dark purposes....lol.
I like using that one a lot. lol.
It's effective.

RUNMAN
If BatMan is assumed prep time in every match, the chances of him winning increases. But, with the likes of Namor, no amount of prep time would make an iota of difference to tilt the scales in bats favor. Namor would simply use his resources as well to prepare for BAtman...

badabing
DC gives Batman a lot of latitude when it comes to prep time against uber strong opponents. If it's DC writing, I'll go with Bats even though Namor is out of his league.

TheKahn
Just about anybody could beat Namor given access to all Batman's resources and some training on how to use them. Imo, a Batman victory doesn't reflect positively on him and neither does it reflect negatively on Namor. It is simply a forgone conclusion given the parameters of the fight.

Black Rob
The closest comparison i could draw for this fight is his fight against Superman in Dark Knight Returns. Supes was weakened to the point where he had to be lower than Namor's strength. Even with all the prep that went into that fight,Batman only won because they're really buddies deep down and he had kryptonite tech. So without such an easily exploitable weakness and an opponent that would have no problem ripping his head off,Bat loses this even with the prep. (BTW sorry it i ruined The Dark Knight Returns for anyone)

batdude123
Actually, Namor really does have an exploitable weakness, for Batman anyway. Given a week's time frame, he could create some sort of device where it could perhaps draw the water out of another opponent thus dehydrating Namor, thus Namor dies. big grin

badabing
Originally posted by batdude123
Actually, Namor really does have an exploitable weakness, for Batman anyway. Given a week's time frame, he could create some sort of device where it could perhaps draw the water out of another opponent thus dehydrating Namor, thus Namor dies. big grin
Maybe something like an extra strong alcohol that draws moisture from Namor's skin?

MuffinmanMike
You're both aware that Namor doesn't die if he's dehydrated any faster than a human, right?

If Batman didn't do it for another human he won't do it for Namor.

Adam Warlock
Surfer has stood up against Tyrant.... Darkseid downed Surfer with one shot from eye beams.

From the back after utterly and easily owning Orion.

Supe's vision is considered to be it's equivelent, and the Omega beams also bounce off of Superman's chest, likewise does his heat vision to Darkseid.

If Surfer was ready for it, he would be probably be able to take the an Omega beam blast.

Supes heat vision = the Omega Beams = a bunch of horse shit

Of course. How can Namor win. Bats did take down a bunch of Gorillas. He also took down a bunch of Doomsday clones with an axe.

Batman wins. bull shit

Batman is really overrated.

aliveinboston

Everytime batman strikes namor it is like hitting a brick wall and has no effect whatsoever. Namor gets annoyed and shatters his fragile human skull with his casual pimp slap.

RUNMAN
I just think that you have to be fair and honest in this case as to the prep time being also available to Namor which in this situation, he could use to protect his weaknesses...

RUNMAN
The norm these days is for batmans opponent to expect batman to be prepared for his weaknesses. Wouldn't that be a fair assumption? And as such, he will be prepared coming to the battle expecting any contraption or weapon Batman uses to exploit his weaknesses...

DarkCrawler
Looking back to this thread...

Reminds me how utterly, completely underrated Namor was...

If Batman gets prep time, I guess he could make up something. But it better be something that kills him, because even dehydrated, Namor does kick ass...

Namor has been on dehydrating machine, with no contact to water, THREE DAYS STRAIGHT. He hasn't eaten, slept or had any other refreshments. Is he completely useless? No, not at all.

First, Namor breaks the machine by exerting his muscles.
http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/9540/dehydrated13en.gif

Then, a punk shoots him in the chest with machine gun, point blank range. Not a scratch (note, Namor is about dozens of times LESS durable, less fast, less strong then he would be at full power.)
http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/1638/dehydrated21tn.gif

After that, Namor fights the punks. He is owning them, so they need to drop a metal thing that probably weighs tons directly at his head...and guess what?
http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/3677/dehydrated32fk.gif

It didn't knock him out.
http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/378/dehydrated47bt.gif

But if Namor gets prep time too, he wins.

meep-meep
Once again DC you have made your case.

I have to agree.

The way I see it I think the outcome of the fight also depends on who Namor got done fighting initially. If he just got done with say Doc Ock, Punisher, Venom or...Wolverine and was out of water for a day or 2 he owns Batman with minimal effort. On the other hand If it were Thor, Superman or someone on that level and out of water for a day or 2 Namor still takes it but with obviously mmuch more effort.

It's stated simply dehydrating Namor doesn't have the same effect kryptonite has on Supes. Heck, like DC's shown, even after three days being in a dehydration chamber Namor still was on a level of durability and strength that Captain America can only dream of.

So, Even in an emaciated state Namor would prove a hand full for Bats. Sure Bats could pull it off with prep but it's pretty cheap and doesn't say much for Bats..

meep-meep
Heck I just was thinking. Namor was in a machine designed to suck all the moisture out of a body for 3 frickin days! I know Bats is genius and all but he's no Reed Richards. Even if he knew Namor's weakness I doubt he'd be able to construct a reliable device to dehydrate Namor completely in a matter of moments. Give him Six months prep and the same circumstances for Rex than you got a more likely win for Bats.....

batdude123
Originally posted by meep-meep
Heck I just was thinking. Namor was in a machine designed to suck all the moisture out of a body for 3 frickin days! I know Bats is genius and all but he's no Reed Richards. Even if he knew Namor's weakness I doubt he'd be able to construct a reliable device to dehydrate Namor completely in a matter of moments. Give him Six months prep and the same circumstances for Rex than you got a more likely win for Bats.....

Actually, Bruce Wayne is like DC's Reed Richards. Come to think of it, Batman was around like 22 years before the Fantastic Four. So actually, Reed Richards is like Marvel's Bruce Wayne.

Black Adam
Actually, Bruce Wayne is like DC's Reed Richards. Come to think of it, Batman was around like 22 years before the Fantastic Four. So actually, Reed Richards is like Marvel's Bruce Wayne.

shifty

Darth Kal-El
Batman once went up against a demonized Wonder Woman. Im sure he can think of ways to beat Namor...

batdude123
Originally posted by Black Adam
shifty

thumbup wink

DraconaInVolata

Then Namor rips Batman's leg off and beats him with it, then pimp slaps him for the win.

Entertaining that Batman could beat Namor is like saying that Wolverine can beat Superman.

batdude123
Originally posted by DraconaInVolata
Then Namor rips Batman's leg off and beats him with it, then pimp slaps him for the win.

Entertaining that Batman could beat Namor is like saying that Wolverine can beat Superman.

Maybe if Batman just came up to Namor out of the blue, but not with a week of prep. no

JOE NUNEZ
Maybe if Batman just came up to Namor out of the blue, but not with a week of prep. no does prep guarantee a win, what happens if the prep does not work?

batdude123
Originally posted by JOE NUNEZ
does prep guarantee a win, what happens if the prep does not work?

I'm not saying it does it's just that Batman wouldn't be that stupid to just walk in there and brawl with Namor, especially after he's been preping for a week!

DarkCrawler

Bruce Wayne and Reed Richards aren't really similar. Bruce Wayne is self-learned genius. Reed Richards is natural born genius. Bruce Wayne at age seven was just like a normal boy. Where as Reed Richards at age of seven was basically a Nobel Prize candidate. Reed has had major headstart. Hell, Reed at age five was probably smarter then Bruce at age ten.

"Despite this, Richards' strength comes more from the powers of his mind than the powers of his body. He is the unquestioned supreme scientific intellect on the earth, his closest rival being the mind of Doctor Doom. Not only has Reed proven himself to be a genius in practically every science on Earth, he has shown himself to be more knowledgable than even some of the most highly advanced alien civilizations in the known universe. He has been known to turn scraps of machinery into deadly weaponry within seconds."

Bruce is smart. Reed is a lot smarter. And even Reed was impressed by technology Namor has in his use...
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/4497/tech14fx.gif
http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/6840/tech23rb.gif

batdude123
Batman is also a genius. I mean look at all the technology he has created. He created DC's version of the ultimate nullifier that Reed built, the motherbox. And that's just one of the awesome things he's created.

DarkCrawler
Batman is also a genius. I mean look at all the technology he has created. He created DC's version of the ultimate nullifier that Reed built, the motherbox. And that's just one of the awesome things he's created.

Batman didn't create Mother Box...

He creates amazing things in street level terms. Something that is impressive by normal humans. Whereas Reed creates things that make galactic empires stand in awe.

Murda Mase
Batmans way above street level.
http://members.tripod.com/agent0x7/dkmind2.html

Plus he invented Brother Eye which able to be used to take over the world almost till Batman outsmarted it and it thought 5 steps ahead of Batman and he still beat it.

DraconaInVolata
Like I said, this isn't a fight. A week's worth of prep can't always take a guy who is uber-powerful in Batman's case. People like Reed Richards and Iron Man are WAY above Batman in intelligence and prep time. Namor still wins, easy.

batdude123
C'mon now. Batman took down Solomon Grundy with just tear gas and use of pressure points. Please don't make the mistake of underestimating Batman.

JOE NUNEZ
C'mon now. Batman took down Solomon Grundy with just tear gas and use of pressure points. Please don't make the mistake of underestimating Batman. batdude, in your opinion how can namor win this fight I would just once like to hear you give a batman opponent a chance to win...No disrespect intended.

Murda Mase
batdude, in your opinion how can namor win this fight I would just once like to hear you give a batman opponent a chance to win...No disrespect intended.

Well DC has Batman almost always wining so thats why lots of Batman fans think he can win so much.

batdude123
batdude, in your opinion how can namor win this fight I would just once like to hear you give a batman opponent a chance to win...No disrespect intended.

Well, obviously Batman isn't invincible. He's just a human but a genius at that. He can do some pretty incredible sh*t if you give him prep time. Especially in a week's time. But if he were to just charge at Namor and not use his brain then Namor would kick the crap out of Batman. But Batman isn't that stupid and in my opinion, with his prep time I could see him winning this fight 6/10 times.

snoopdogg
Anybody have the scans of BlackPanther knocking Namor around?

jrodslam
Knocking Namor around? He hit him once if my memory serves me correctly. Its not something that hasnt happened with other street level characters. Just because Namor is moved when punched doesnt mean hes hurt.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Murda Mase
Batmans way above street level.
http://members.tripod.com/agent0x7/dkmind2.html

Plus he invented Brother Eye which able to be used to take over the world almost till Batman outsmarted it and it thought 5 steps ahead of Batman and he still beat it.

Those inventions are great, and Brother Eye is impressive, but Reed Richards's intelligence is still above normal human terms. Batman is far away from Reed when it comes to intelligence. Brother Eye is good. But Reed has managed to find a way to travel in Heaven in few days. He's created his own pocket realities (like the one where he trapped Doom). He's opened gates to Negative Zone. Traveled back in time. Jackets which can be used to travel in different dimensions, even the Astral Plane. Ray guns that are able to kill Thing in one shot (and this was created in half a hour).

And those are just a tip of the iceberg.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Anybody have the scans of BlackPanther knocking Namor around?

How would that be relevant to the discussion?

snoopdogg
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
How would that be relevant to the discussion? BP is basically a Batman rip-off.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/namorblackpanther20no.gif

If Batman gets prep he can defeat Namor. Prep is a b!tch.

DraconaInVolata
^ If you're Reed Richards or Tony Stark. Batman is overrated. You can't compare him to prep-meisters in the Marvel universe, because he's self-learned. Reed and Stark were child geniuses. Batman would get torn to little bits.

snoopdogg
^ If you're Reed Richards or Tony Stark. Batman is overrated. You can't compare him to prep-meisters in the Marvel universe, because he's self-learned. Reed and Stark were child geniuses. Batman would get torn to little bits. I never said Batman was smarter than Reed. Did I? But I do think he is equally as smart as Tony Stark. Reed and Tony are just smart and that's it. Batman is a jack of all trades.

DarkCrawler
BP is basically a Batman rip-off.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/namorblackpanther20no.gif

If Batman gets prep he can defeat Namor. Prep is a b!tch.

That punch is clearly PIS, though. Iron Man has hit Namor with all his force and didn't succeed to do nothing else then knock him off balance.

DraconaInVolata
You're kidding. You actually think that Batman is as smart as Tony Stark? This is from Wikipedia:
"Stark entered the undergraduate electrical engineering program at MIT while only 15 years old and graduated at the top of his class. When he was 21, he inherited his father's company, Stark Industries, after his parents were killed in a car accident. One of the first things Stark did was to buy out the company that made the faulty brakes on his parent's car and correct the mechanical problem."

Tony Stark>>>>>>Bruce Wayne

As for this fight, what is Batman gonna do to actually hurt Namor? Bat kick?

DarkCrawler
I never said Batman was smarter than Reed. Did I? But I do think he is equally as smart as Tony Stark. Reed and Tony are just smart and that's it. Batman is a jack of all trades.

Reed is genius in all areas of science.

Batman only outlasts him in detective skills and fighting skills.

snoopdogg
That punch is clearly PIS, though. Iron Man has hit Namor with all his force and didn't succeed to do nothing else then knock him off balance. Hey man I don't write the books I read them.

Call it what you want.

batdude123
You guys are forgetting that Batman wouldn't even have to fight Namor with 1 week of prep. He'd just use whatever handy dandy gizmo he created to take him down.

snoopdogg
You're kidding. You actually think that Batman is as smart as Tony Stark? This is from Wikipedia:
"Stark entered the undergraduate electrical engineering program at MIT while only 15 years old and graduated at the top of his class. When he was 21, he inherited his father's company, Stark Industries, after his parents were killed in a car accident. One of the first things Stark did was to buy out the company that made the faulty brakes on his parent's car and correct the mechanical problem."

Tony Stark>>>>>>Bruce Wayne

As for this fight, what is Batman gonna do to actually hurt Namor? Bat kick? Your obviously uneducated on Batman.

Batman is a trained scientist, escape artist, detective and inventor.

Batman began his physical and mental conditioning when he was 11.
Began intense physical training and weight lifting at age 12.
Trained in the US for various martial arts for 3 years.
Gained degrees in criminal science, forensics, computer science, chemistry and engineering by the time he was 16.
Became 2st and 3nd degree black belt in Karate, Judo, Jujitsu, Aikido by the time he was 17.
Trained and became proficient with all small arms and basic vehicles operations.

By the time he was 18 he:

Studied commando style operations with small mercenary units.
Left US to further study martial arts under specialized masters.
Other skills: knife throwing, escrima, melee weapons mastery, body control
Other skills: disguise, diverse environmental training, combat driving, savate, kungfu
Other skills: security systems, illusion/sleight of hand, blind fighting

By the time he was 24 he had expanded his studies for more advanced:

forensic and medical sciences
expanded computer and engineering sciences
expanded disguise and weapon/device sciences
expand device pool, improve vehicle designs
use of personal powered armor and systems.
continual physical training in Batcave facility.
database creation on underworld crime bosses, rogue's gallery foes and other supers.
expanded melee weapon techniques
improved material sciences for body armor and micro-machinery

Bruce Wayne>>>>>>Tony Stark

DraconaInVolata
What, an anti-Namor bomb?

Darkcrawler, what has Reed ever come up with to take Namor?

jrodslam
That punch is clearly PIS, though. Iron Man has hit Namor with all his force and didn't succeed to do nothing else then knock him off balance.

Eventhough IM stated that DC, i dont think he really hit Namor with everything he had.

Murda Mase
Those inventions are great, and Brother Eye is impressive, but Reed Richards's intelligence is still above normal human terms. Batman is far away from Reed when it comes to intelligence. Brother Eye is good. But Reed has managed to find a way to travel in Heaven in few days. He's created his own pocket realities (like the one where he trapped Doom). He's opened gates to Negative Zone. Traveled back in time. Jackets which can be used to travel in different dimensions, even the Astral Plane. Ray guns that are able to kill Thing in one shot (and this was created in half a hour).

And those are just a tip of the iceberg.

Well I don't think Batmans smarter, but he is either equal or not that far behide him.

Batman hasn't needed to creat time, dimenson or astral plan traveling things because he has a boom tube.

I don't see why he couldn't make something like that if he wanted too.

batdude123
"Witnessing the murder of his parents as a child led him to train himself to the peak of physical and intellectual perfection, don a costume, and fight crime. Unlike many other superheroes, he does not possess superhuman powers or abilities; he makes use of intellect, detective skills, technology, and physical prowess in his war on crime." Also from Wikipedia.

inamilist
Originally posted by TheKahn
Just about anybody could beat Namor given access to all Batman's resources and some training on how to use them. Imo, a Batman victory doesn't reflect positively on him and neither does it reflect negatively on Namor. It is simply a forgone conclusion given the parameters of the fight.

i agree with this

in a real fight, namor wins 10/10

but batman has a whole batcave full of goodies and a week to figure out how to use them on Namor

so, imho, since it is possible to beat namor, batman can probably do it with a weeks prep. Like, a dehydration ray, or some kind of containment field that is increased by struggling against it, or something else that would only be thought of by the writers in charge of making this fight.

but ya, since the parameters are basically stacking the match in favor of bats, I have to say he takes it.... unfortunatly

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by jrodslam
Eventhough IM stated that DC, i dont think he really hit Namor with everything he had. Well his armor wasn't loaded with energy, and it was old school Iron Man. But it was still a great blow. Namor's taken Mjolnir and stood immediatly up. I'd rank Mjolnir higher then hit from Iron Man.

batdude123
Your obviously uneducated on Batman.

Gained degrees in criminal science, forensics, computer science, chemistry and engineering by the time he was 16.
Became 2st and 3nd degree black belt in Karate, Judo, Jujitsu, Aikido by the time he was 17.
Trained and became proficient with all small arms and basic vehicles operations.

Other skills: disguise, diverse environmental training, combat driving, savate, kungfu

database creation on underworld crime bosses, rogue's gallery foes and other supers.

Hell yeah snoop! batman Happy Dance

DraconaInVolata
Your obviously uneducated on Batman.

Yet he still has time to fight crime? That's the biggest load of B.S. I've ever seen in my life. I like Batman, but I don't buy that at all.

orensic and medical sciences

To get degrees in those would take him years upon years. Unless he's about 55 now, I'm not buying it. Batman Begins made it all plausible, but that just is ridiculous. I still say Tony is much smarter than Batman, mostly because he's got countermeasures for about anything, and has designed things that put Batman to shame.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Murda Mase
Well I don't think Batmans smarter, but he is either equal or not that far behide him.

Batman hasn't needed to creat time, dimenson or astral plan traveling things because he has a boom tube.

I don't see why he couldn't make something like that if he wanted too.

Ha, Boom Tube only teleports you anywhere in OUR dimension. Reed Richards has made teleporters that teleport interstellar distances while he's eating his breakfast.

Murda Mase
Ha, Boom Tube only teleports you anywhere in OUR dimension. Reed Richards has made teleporters that teleport interstellar distances while he's eating his breakfast.

Well in Superman and Batman they were going to diffrent dimensions with it.

Batman built his own teleporter too.
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/676/6b7bateleporter6jc.th.jpg

batdude123
Yeah, I have a comic book where Captain Atom uses the boom tube to go into the future to talk with an older Superman.

DarkCrawler
But the point is, Reed Richards has made inventions with his own hands that work in same way the Boom Tube. Hell, he even has a functioning time travel machine in his laboratory, where he has travelled through time multiple times (Johnny has misused it couple of times). I've never seen Batman himself make anything close to Reed Richard's best inventions. The most powerful things he has are the technology from New Gods.

batdude123
But the point is, Reed Richards has made inventions with his own hands that work in same way the Boom Tube. Hell, he even has a functioning time travel machine in his laboratory, where he has travelled through time multiple times (Johnny has misused it couple of times). I've never seen Batman himself make anything close to Reed Richard's best inventions. The most powerful things he has are the technology from New Gods.

The point is that Batman is close enough to Reed's intellect so he could use is week of preperation time wisely enough to beat Namor.

Crease
Batman's a skyfather, skyfathers are above Namor, Batmanm wins.

Tony Stark
The point is that Batman is close enough to Reed's intellect so he could use is week of preperation time wisely enough to beat Namor.

confused

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Reed is legitimately at the very minimum 2x as smart as Bruce... and Tony is just behind Reed and just ahead of Doom.

Namor kills Batman 100/100

Scoobless
Gotta go with Namor for the majority

batdude123
Originally posted by Tony Stark
confused

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Reed is legitimately at the very minimum 2x as smart as Bruce... and Tony is just behind Reed and just ahead of Doom.

Namor kills Batman 100/100

What the f**k? Yeah, exactly, let's say that Batman's IQ based on all that he's done is a very high 180. And by your logic, Reed would have an IQ of 360! roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>