mace windu, Yoda and Qui Gon Jinn verses Dart Maul, Darth Tyranus and lord sidious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tommy vercetti
i searched and this hasnt been done

Count Dooku
The Sith win.

tommy vercetti
cool forget about earlier i was just joking

tommy vercetti
i think rex is lying about being a mod

Count Dooku
What the hell are you on? Seriously?

Darth Faunus
no

Count Dooku
Faunus, where is Janus? You know it takes all three of us to create an EDO!

DarkC
Originally posted by tommy vercetti
Spoken like a true n00b.

Captain REX

Sent you a PM regarding why I'm not going to be relieved of my duty. If you have a bone to pick with me, keep it in there.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showgroups.php?s=

Look what I found! The Moderator list...

Darth_Janus
Originally posted by Captain REX
Sent you a PM regarding why I'm not going to be relieved of my duty. If you have a bone to pick with me, keep it in there.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showgroups.php?s=

Look what I found! The Moderator list...

Hey, it says you're a mod.

That link must be defective.

Redeemer
Originally posted by Darth_Janus

Janus, don't go down the same path Human Vader and DanTheMan did....

Oh and check this out, Janus!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Lord_Sorgo#The_Rise_of_Lord_Sorgo_and_the_dawn_of_
the_Great_Jawa_Order

Darth Faunus
I'm not in that, *****. Lol.

Redeemer
Originally posted by Darth Faunus
I'm not in that, *****. Lol.

Janus played the major role of the Beginning attack. You assisted his armies, but the Count never mentioned you to Sorgo in his greta legacy.

Now the legacy of Redeemer must be slapped on Wikipedia.

Darth_Janus
lol.... Nice

And I was teasing Rex. If I get banend over that, KMC can pretty much kiss my ass. We're allowed to have a sense of humor.

Captain REX
BAN! *cuts off Janus' head with a cheese grater* stick out tongue

jk, I knew you were jokin.

darth plo koon
hey rex then you knwo i would have been joking about makashiman .. just seeing him talking to the jawa king smashed my teeth

darth plo koon
know*

Darth_Janus
Ha ha! A cheese grater cannot defeat a jawa... you can't bend over that low!

*Pwns*

tommy vercetti
look you jawa fans, when you want to have an argument with me how about you take it like a man and do it on your own instead of the rest of your club calling me a noob and licking your friends a$$

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Darth_Janus

what would you have said if i had posted that?

Darth Faunus
look you jawa fans, when you want to have an argument with me how about you take it like a man and do it on your own instead of the rest of your club calling me a noob and licking your friends a$$

Holy crap, not this again. . .

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by Darth Faunus
Holy crap, not this again. . .

Rayvann Sadow
Hey Akbar great to see you back! Where have you been?

DarthMaul9123
this thread is going going ........gone teheh jk

Darth_Janus
Tommy, reported.

joeyvermont
the sith win, windu is better than sidious, yoda is better than tyranus and Qui Gonn is not as good as maul but generally each sith is pretty good at fighting outnumbered

Darth_Janus
Yoda is better than Tyranus. Care to explain how you got that idea?

joeyvermont
yoda is better than tyranus if he got to fight him longer than he did he would have one. He only stopped fighting to save obi won kenobi and anakin skywalker, surely you can agree with that, most people do

Darth_Glentract
I'd give this to the Jedi. Qui-gon lasted longer against Maul than Sidious did against Mace. After Mace kills Sidious he goes and finishes Maul. Dooku might have already been defeated by Yoda by this time. If not Mace and Qui-gon proceed to kill him.

Darth Somebody
Yoda's mastery of the Force is on par with Sidious - who is described as the most powerful Dark side user in the prequels. Duh, lol. Yes. I do believe Yoda would defeat Count Dooku eventually, as he would with Sidious.

Redeemer
Originally posted by joeyvermont
yoda is better than tyranus if he got to fight him longer than he did he would have one. He only stopped fighting to save obi won kenobi and anakin skywalker, surely you can agree with that, most people do

Um... Dooku could tool Sidious in a lightsaber fight... Yoda cannot.

Dooku was on par with Yoda on the AOTC fight. Dooku left because he had the plans of the Death star on him.

Dooku and Yoda are pretty on par with skill but Dooku is an inch better.

Darth Somebody
Originally posted by Redeemer

Dooku was on par with Yoda on the AOTC fight. Dooku left because he had the plans of the Death star on him.

1. Redeemer, considering how you have not seen Count Dooku battle Darth Sidious, you do not know - nor do you have proof - that would support that theory. You assume, as do I, that Dooku could do it. But no. You do NOT know, so don't act like it.

2. As for the Death Star plans, if he were absolutely concerned about his master receiving them - he wouldn't have taken his jolly time when handling Anakin and Obi-Wan. It seems to me that he wanted to show his superiority with those two Jedi Knights - but his confidance shrank when he knew Yoda was much more powerful than those two and he engaged in a fight he apparently couldn't win.

3. In terms of sheer dueling skill - I would agree. Makashi is a form that focuses on lightsaber-to-lightsaber dueling. Whereas most other forms are focused on modern-age battles, such as deflecting blasters. Ataru or Ataro (I can't remember which) focuses on speed and raw power. But Yoda has the advantage in Force-power and in raw power.

So if Yoda and Dooku engaged in a duel where Yoda could not use the Force (that would also impair him for usage of Ataru. Or Ataro) then Count Dooku would school him. Otherwise, Yoda would eventually - in my opinion - triumph over the Count.

Darth_Janus
Originally posted by Darth Somebody
1. Redeemer, considering how you have not seen Count Dooku battle Darth Sidious, you do not know - nor do you have proof - that would support that theory. You assume, as do I, that Dooku could do it. But no. You do NOT know, so don't act like it.

2. As for the Death Star plans, if he were absolutely concerned about his master receiving them - he wouldn't have taken his jolly time when handling Anakin and Obi-Wan. It seems to me that he wanted to show his superiority with those two Jedi Knights - but his confidance shrank when he knew Yoda was much more powerful than those two and he engaged in a fight he apparently couldn't win.

3. In terms of sheer dueling skill - I would agree. Makashi is a form that focuses on lightsaber-to-lightsaber dueling. Whereas most other forms are focused on modern-age battles, such as deflecting blasters. Ataru or Ataro (I can't remember which) focuses on speed and raw power. But Yoda has the advantage in Force-power and in raw power.

So if Yoda and Dooku engaged in a duel where Yoda could not use the Force (that would also impair him for usage of Ataru. Or Ataro) then Count Dooku would school him. Otherwise, Yoda would eventually - in my opinion - triumph over the Count.

1- Again, cop out. You could just as easily say there's no proof that Sidious could beat Obi-Wan Kenobi, since the altercation never occured. Everything here is assumptions, DS, remember that. And also remember that what makes one person's assumptions better than other is grounding in logic. If we couldn't make assumptions in this case, we could not operate as beings using abstract knowledge, let alone participate in this forum.

2- This is your opinion. Obviously you believe that Dooku was more intimidated by Yoda and thus cut his losses and ran. But you don't provide us with anything to prove that. I could just as easily say that Dooku ran because he believed such a fight would take too long and he couldn't risk being caught behind enemy lines. When Dooku stopped to fight Obi-Wan and Anakin, he obviously did not intend for Master Yoda to appear. I could also assume he was expecting Mace Windu instead, but that would be speculation too.

3- Always with you this apparent advantage in Force powers and raw power. Let me get this straight- you're saying that even though Yoda could not overcome Dooku with the Force and vice versa, that Yoda beats him for Force power? And that a two foot elderly jedi master has more "raw power" (Which you really should define for us) than a 6'4" human sith?

As for this last part, I don't disagree. I'm not out to champion Dooku at this point. I think the hole in Dooku's armor is insecurity, and that I have derived from the book Dark Rendezvous.

Darth Somebody
1. You're right. But then again, Yoda did say to Obi-Wan, "strong enough to defeat Sidious, you are not". So I REALLY doubt it, now. But that was a good example and your meaning was clear.

2. Actually, that also makes sense. The fight could've taken too long. Which is another good explanation. Never really thought about it that way, before. Obviously, Dooku wasn't going to own Yoda. Or vice versa, for that matter.

3. Which brings me to a point. Dooku was still unable to defeat Yoda on Vjun. But yes, it was partly due to his insecurity. Kind of like possibly why Voldemort fears Dumbledore (Harry Potter analogy. Perhaps it may make sense).

Darth_Janus
You know, I rather enjoy it when we do see eye to eye, and I think it's because it so rarely happens. But I'm glad you at least see where I'm coming from and vice versa.

1- Again, got my point. We have to make due with what we have. And in cases where it's apparent no more evidence my be forthcoming (for the time being) it won't hurt to decide upon a temporary judgment. Now, I've made some judgments about characters and duels since I came here, and my viewpoints on more than a few have changed because of new information or a new viewpoint that makes more sense.

2- Yep. That's about it. Dooku had a few good reasons for booking it, although I suspect it was because he needed that fifteen minutes of fame in ROTS.

3- Not well read on HP at all, but I get the idea. Dooku still loves his old master, but he fears betraying Sidious, and it's never said why. It could be Dooku was afraid of fighting Sidious, but why would that be? I mean, they hadn't fought before, had they? Or perhaps Sidious convinced Dooku that the gap between their levels of skill was that much bigger. That would not surprise me. Or perhaps it was something else... Blackmail, perhaps? I'm open to ideas on that subject.

Darth Somebody
Probably. If Yoda can make Dooku feel insecure, I'm sure Sidious can. Sidious, from the Dark Rendezvous book, seemed to toy with Dooku. Dooku did seemed shocked when Ventress suggested he kill Sidious.

Redeemer
Probably. If Yoda can make Dooku feel insecure, I'm sure Sidious can. Sidious, from the Dark Rendezvous book, seemed to toy with Dooku. Dooku did seemed shocked when Ventress suggested he kill Sidious.

Dark Rendevous is not CANON WHATSOEVER! Hell, the ROTS book isn't even Canon. Don't even try to bring books into this shit!

Yoda never made Dooku feel insecure. Dooku has known Yoda ALL HIS LIFE! I am sure he knows how he fights as well.

Yoda and Dooku have the same force power strength. This is shown on AOTC, as they do not solve the battle using force.

Darth Somebody
Then I suppose Anakin killed Dooku all on his own, without Dooku holding back? Because that was only mentioned in the book.

Darth Somebody
Dark Rendevous is not CANON WHATSOEVER! Hell, the ROTS book isn't even Canon. Don't even try to bring books into this shit!

Yoda never made Dooku feel insecure. Dooku has known Yoda ALL HIS LIFE! I am sure he knows how he fights as well.

Yoda and Dooku have the same force power strength. This is shown on AOTC, as they do not solve the battle using force.

1. I wouldn't say that if I were you. If that is the case, than Anakin did indeed overpower and outfight Count Dooku all on his own. If that is true - then I suppose Count Dooku really isn't on par with Yoda as we all like to believe. Because in the movie, it never stated that Dooku was holding back.

2. In Attack of The Clones - Dooku was on the offensive and tried to attack Yoda using the Force. Yoda nullified it all, and only once threw the lightning back. Dooku reflected it. All other times, Yoda simply casted the debris away instead of trying to harm Dooku. And no. Yoda and Sidious are on par with one another in the Force. They are the strongest in the movies.

DarthMaul9123

then he not a hole lot better so its close or yoda gets a lucky shot or dooku gets a lucky shot so at best tie

Redeemer
1. I wouldn't say that if I were you. If that is the case, than Anakin did indeed overpower and outfight Count Dooku all on his own. If that is true - then I suppose Count Dooku really isn't on par with Yoda as we all like to believe. Because in the movie, it never stated that Dooku was holding back.

2. In Attack of The Clones - Dooku was on the offensive and tried to attack Yoda using the Force. Yoda nullified it all, and only once threw the lightning back. Dooku reflected it. All other times, Yoda simply casted the debris away instead of trying to harm Dooku. And no. Yoda and Sidious are on par with one another in the Force. They are the strongest in the movies.

Funny how Yoda shook while shaking the debris off, eh?

Obviously, you have no logic in that brain of yours. For real.

It didn't have to state that. Dooku could have ripped Anakin apart. Dooku can whoop Obi Wan. Obi Wan WHOOPED Anakin. Anakin kills Dooku. Dooku had so many opportunities to kill Anakin during that fight. You need to watch it again. He didn't. He wanted to be sentenced by the Council, but Palp had other plans. Dooku could have raped Anakin. That's just the bottom line. AND THE BOOKS ARE NOT CANON! AT ALL! Was Fisto beheaded during ROTS? HUH? HUH?

Darth Somebody
Notice how I did NOT say they were cannon, so you can stop acting like a 9 year old and calm your ass down. And don't even start the whole logic crap. Logic can be interpreted various ways. General Grievous was made out to be a total badass, but Obi-Wan owned him like a schoolboy. Is that logical? No. But it happened.

Redeemer
Notice how I did NOT say they were cannon, so you can stop acting like a 9 year old and calm your ass down. And don't even start the whole logic crap. Logic can be interpreted various ways. General Grievous was made out to be a total badass, but Obi-Wan owned him like a schoolboy. Is that logical? No. But it happened.

I'll start what i want, and if you want me to calm my ass down, come to my house and say it to my face. Until then, don't tell me to do shit.

Grievous was a coward, not a Bad ass.

Darth Somebody
This is 100 percent speculation. I told you, in sheer skill, it is likely Dooku is better. But do I think he could ever beat Yoda? Hell no. I doubt anyone but you does. Hell, not even Janus does.

Darth Somebody
Redeemer, stop acting so immature, okay? Damn, you're acting like a nine year old. Sorry to say, I really doubt Dooku would ever in his life take Yoda. And like I said, logic can be interpreted in many ways. Your way of thinking apparently isn't God's word, so stop trying to say you're right. Because apparently you have no proof to back yourself up. wink

Darth Somebody
Firstly - Obi-Wan did not whoop Anakin. They were evenly matched with Obi-Wan constantly on the defensive. No, sorry, if Obi-Wan could whoop Anakin - the fight would have been fifteen seconds, tops. But it wasn't. So no, Obi-Wan did not WHOOP Anakin. Nice try.

Secondly - Dooku never once had the advantage on Yoda. Not saying Dooku would get creamed - as he is a phenomenal duelist - but he would most likely lose, considering how Yoda is stronger in the Force as well as harder to hit.

Darth Somebody
So. If Yoda and Dooku ever had a rematch - no Death Star plans to sequester away - and no interferance from an outside party, I believe Yoda would win. It wouldn't be a quick fight, but he would win in the end, and Dooku would lose. In my opinion, at least.

And please don't say I "have no logic in my brain". I haven't seen you address all of the facts I've thrown your way. Just a few, and then you ignore them completely and just spout of fan speculation. At least I give proof when I defend Sidious OR Dooku.

Nai Fohl

Where did you get that from ? We saw Yoda fighting how long against Sidious with a lightsaber ? 15 seconds ? 30 seconds ? And in this time Sidious didn't manage to attack Yoda once. So the only thing you can say is that Dooku is > Sidious.

Really. As much as I like Dooku but I can't hear it anymore.Here...I guess the movie script IS canon:

As much as I like Dooku but compared to Yoda he's the inferior swordsman. And if the only reason for him to leave was that he had the plans for the Death Star he wouldn't have duelled with Yoda or at least have killed Yoda after distracting him. Dooku - in fact - left because he knew that he can't win this fight. This is what the script seems to tell us...Dooku was about to lose (see description of the fight and what Yoda says). And the only other source contradicting this is the AotC novel which is not as canon as the movies script - I guess.

Redeemer
Originally posted by Nai Fohl
Where did you get that from ? We saw Yoda fighting how long against Sidious with a lightsaber ? 15 seconds ? 30 seconds ? And in this time Sidious didn't manage to attack Yoda once. So the only thing you can say is that Dooku is > Sidious.

Really. As much as I like Dooku but I can't hear it anymore.Here...I guess the movie script IS canon:

As much as I like Dooku but compared to Yoda he's the inferior swordsman. And if the only reason for him to leave was that he had the plans for the Death Star he wouldn't have duelled with Yoda or at least have killed Yoda after distracting him. Dooku - in fact - left because he knew that he can't win this fight. This is what the script seems to tell us...Dooku was about to lose (see description of the fight and what Yoda says). And the only other source contradicting this is the AotC novel which is not as canon as the movies script - I guess.

This is akward, because there is two points in the movie that shows open shots towards Yoda. Maybe Yoda is better in Lightsaber combat. There is a scene where Yoda quickly puts his feet on Dooku's ship and Dooku has an open slice but doesn't make a move. That's f*cked.

But yeah, i guess Yoda is the better duelist. He does have 850 something years of Experience and probably knows Dookus fighting, considering he knew him pretty well and probably trained him a bit.

Nai Fohl
This is akward, because there is two points in the movie that shows open shots towards Yoda. Maybe Yoda is better in Lightsaber combat. There is a scene where Yoda quickly puts his feet on Dooku's ship and Dooku has an open slice but doesn't make a move. That's f*cked.

Hmm ? Where was that ?

Well...Dooku was Yoda's padawan and that means Yoda did train him from age 13 on to the time Dooku became a Jedi Knight including training fights.

Decay
maul beats qui gon. dooku beats windu, sidious beats yoda. all those fights have happened. unless they mix it up the sith win. i dont see any of them taking on sidious, yoda would definatly come the closest, windu could probably take maul but qui gon couldnt take dooku. so if they mix it up a bit the jedi could get one or two kills in but overall they lose. i cant be bothered explaining it all but in my mind sidious could have taked mace had he decided to use his full force powers. had dookus fight with yoda continued he would have lost. i know people will pick this apart demanding explainations but i cant be bothered right now. history shows the winners will be the sith. although if the jedi can take out maul quickly theyd have alot better team work than the sith so i guess they have a chance. id still give it to the sith though.

Redeemer
Firstly - Obi-Wan did not whoop Anakin. They were evenly matched with Obi-Wan constantly on the defensive. No, sorry, if Obi-Wan could whoop Anakin - the fight would have been fifteen seconds, tops. But it wasn't. So no, Obi-Wan did not WHOOP Anakin. Nice try.

Secondly - Dooku never once had the advantage on Yoda. Not saying Dooku would get creamed - as he is a phenomenal duelist - but he would most likely lose, considering how Yoda is stronger in the Force as well as harder to hit.

About the Grievous not being a coward thing....

The following is from the ROTS Script....

GENERAL GRIEVOUS enters the escape pod bay through the hatch. The Droid General goes to a control panel and opens an escape pod.

GENERAL GRIEVOUS jumps onto a WHEEL SCOOTER and takes off down the wall of the sinkhole.

For someone who is so fearful, he sure loves to run away from Situations.

If he is so powerful and could whoop Anakin and Obi's ass, why didn't he stay on his ship and deal them out instead of throwing an electro-staff at the window in an attempt to have them be sucked into space instead of scrapping them?

Hell, why didn't he try to stay to fight Obi Wan? Probably because Obi Wan cut off two of his bloody hands. Grievous was scared to take on Obi Wan, but Obi Wan hunted him down and kicked his arse!

Mace knows it too!

(Taken from script for Episode III)

MACE WlNDU: General Grievous will run and hide as he always does. He is a coward.

BAM!

Oh, and quit calling me a nine year old. At least i am not afraid to show my age on my profile. Do you hide your age because you are underage for this forum or because you are ashamed of your age?

Redeemer
Hmm ? Where was that ?

Like i said, the part where Yoda bounces off the ship.

Darth Sparhawk
Easy Sith win.
Dooku beats Mace.
Maul beats Qui-Gonn.
Sidious might kill Yoda, but even if he fails, Yoda would not have managed to kill him, too. Three Sith to Yoda would be too much even for the ancient Master.

Decay
i dont think grievous fled becuaes obiwan cut off two of his hands. i think he was trying to overwhlem him with four but it didnt work so he was going to get serious. he realised cutting sick and trying to overwhelm obi wan wouldnt work. after their cut off he says "army or not, you must realise, you are doomed."it wasnt until he was thrown up and lost the sabers that he took off. its not really cowardly to leave when you have no weapon against one of the greatest jedi in the galaxy. i think its stupidity rather than courage to stand there with no change of winning and get killed poinlessly. on his ship he knew he couldnt take on anakin and obi wan. and even if he could his ship was falling apart. he did the intellegent thing and left. not the stupid thing and try and take on two enemys at once when he knew that one alone might be more than enough to kill him. he seems to know his limits and act accordingly rather than just jump into a hopeless situation and get killed. no only would he die pointlessly, hed be pretty useless as a general if he was stupid enough to stand there and get killed for pride and delusions of grandure. that said i dont think he could take on obi wan, hes just too good. i dont think obi wan trashed anakin, his style is too defencive for him to trash anyone. its just not what he does. i do think he was better though, more experience and knowlege of the force. even in power he can stand toe to toe with anakin. he probably couldnt hold out in terms of raw power vs raw power though, hence the defencive style and giving alot of ground. anakin sees him falling back and grows more and more arrogant about his ability, works in two ways for him. this is off topic but i saw it posted here so i thought id add my opinion.

Darth Somebody
About the Grievous not being a coward thing....

The following is from the ROTS Script....

GENERAL GRIEVOUS enters the escape pod bay through the hatch. The Droid General goes to a control panel and opens an escape pod.

GENERAL GRIEVOUS jumps onto a WHEEL SCOOTER and takes off down the wall of the sinkhole.

For someone who is so fearful, he sure loves to run away from Situations.

If he is so powerful and could whoop Anakin and Obi's ass, why didn't he stay on his ship and deal them out instead of throwing an electro-staff at the window in an attempt to have them be sucked into space instead of scrapping them?

Hell, why didn't he try to stay to fight Obi Wan? Probably because Obi Wan cut off two of his bloody hands. Grievous was scared to take on Obi Wan, but Obi Wan hunted him down and kicked his arse!

Mace knows it too!

(Taken from script for Episode III)

MACE WlNDU: General Grievous will run and hide as he always does. He is a coward.

BAM!

Oh, and quit calling me a nine year old. At least i am not afraid to show my age on my profile. Do you hide your age because you are underage for this forum or because you are ashamed of your age?

1. Stop trying to insult me, m'kay? Even Nai backed me up on this one, so clearly you're wrong and we're right.

2. Who the HELL is talking about Grievous? You said Obi-Wan whooped Anakin. I'm telling you he didn't and you brought up Grievous. By the way, "fearful" means to have a lot of fear in you. So it DOES make sense that if he's fearful, he runs away from situations. You were most likely looking for the word fearless. And I never said Grievous was NOT a coward. I said he turned craven after his battle with Mace? M'kay? Good.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.