He did what?!!?!?!?!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CURIOUS22
ok, so my fiance just joined the Navy.....good or bad?
isnt that safe in our war?
What do you guys think, should i relax and be happy, or freak out?

Neo_Version 7
Reminds me of the Green Day video.

DarkC
Originally posted by Neo_Version 7
Reminds me of the Green Day video.
Don't remind her of that now.....disgust That was so sad.

Vathu
i feel it is my duty to inform her... yes

Dogbert
He is a bit safer... I suppose. Dunno.

Vathu
Are you stupid? OF COURSE ITS BAD!!! DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE GET SHOT AND DIE IN CARBOMBINGS? just incase you didn't know... You can hit me if it makes you feel better but i had to tell you...so you wouldnt have to worry about him smile

Moff jango
yeah

Count Dooku
Jesus, people. RELAX!

Moff jango
it's true

CURIOUS22
wait a sec....what happen in the green day video?!
and what about car bombings.....isnt the Navy on the ocean??????

CURIOUS22
::hits vathu:: im not sure i feel better yetsadwalk

hotsauce6548
Why the hell would you relax and be happy?

Your fiance just joined the Navy. We're in the middle of a friggin war.

As a wise man once said, "Do the math."

indie_director
I seriously wouldn't be that worried. Oh wait.. are you american? oh you are.. oh crap never mind then

s|m
Originally posted by CURIOUS22

That sucks no expression

CURIOUS22
isnt the navy the safest place in the war? i mean it cant be that bad right?
they have good family lives too dont they???

APIECEOFME
A very good friend of mine is in the Navy. He has assured me time and time again that, as they are not on the land in the middle of the war they are quite safer than other troops. Plus, it took him a long time to actually get trained up, so as your fiance just enlisted, he still has boot camp and school for whatever his field will be. So don't freak out. Hope that helped a little, despite these insensive boys' reactions.

Acherontia
Originally posted by Vathu
Are you stupid? OF COURSE ITS BAD!!! DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE GET SHOT AND DIE IN CARBOMBINGS? just incase you didn't know... You can hit me if it makes you feel better but i had to tell you...so you wouldnt have to worry about him smile

Idiot.... Navy ==> Water

It isn't good, but think about the big fat paycheck and the intense welcome back and good bye sex.

APIECEOFME
^^^
A very good point also

Acherontia
But I wouldn't take any job that calls for long peroids away from home, too many "Dear John" letters invloved.

APIECEOFME
My friend is in a sub for 3 months at a time

CURIOUS22
so there are some jobs that allow for good family lives right????

CURIOUS22
Originally posted by APIECEOFME
A very good friend of mine is in the Navy. He has assured me time and time again that, as they are not on the land in the middle of the war they are quite safer than other troops. Plus, it took him a long time to actually get trained up, so as your fiance just enlisted, he still has boot camp and school for whatever his field will be. So don't freak out. Hope that helped a little, despite these insensive boys' reactions.
that does make me feel better. thank you.
but what about how much i will see him?

Acherontia
Yes, Such as Head of departmants, managers, Presidents, And al your Dangerous Potentially Life Threatning jobs Such as Police officer, Prison guard, Guerrilla, Theif, And Millitary.

But the Navy is the safest palace for thoes... unelss you Live in 1945 and eh si stationed in pearl harbour or the Philipenes.

SlipknoT
Why the hell did he join the Navy? Joining the Army is one of the stupidest decisions you can ever make.

Acherontia
that does make me feel better. thank you.
but what about how much i will see him?

He could be gone for up to 6 months or a year at a time. Whcih gives you much time to befriend the Milkman....

Which is why usually people with no familly join.

APIECEOFME
It depends on the field...like I said, my friend is in a submarine for months at a time, but he's happily married with a baby, so yes he has a good family life as well

CURIOUS22
It depends on the field...like I said, my friend is in a submarine for months at a time, but he's happily married with a baby, so yes he has a good family life as well

you are helping me so much. so i just have to want to be with him...i can wait. im in love and i would do anything

CURIOUS22
Originally posted by SlipknoT
Why the hell did he join the Navy? Joining the Army is one of the stupidest decisions you can ever make.

see his rational is that the navy is safer. army you die....navy you float. i dunno, i dont agree but i love him so ill support him 110%

APIECEOFME
When you get married you can move to the base with him, then it won't be so hard. Even when he is away there are other military wives and from what I hear, they are very supportive of one another.

CURIOUS22
thats really good! that would be nice i think.

CURIOUS22
so the hardest will be the basic and all that then huh?

Otaku
He'll die...no he wont he'll be shot in the leg so he can go home...

APIECEOFME
so the hardest will be the basic and all that then huh?
I didn't see my friend for like a year when he first enlisted. But his girlfriend (now wife) visited him a lot after the boot camp

CURIOUS22
what do you mean visited. could she live with him after boot camp?

and die!???!?? thanks!
shot in the leg so he can come home would be ok

Otaku
what do you mean visited. could she live with him after boot camp?

and die!???!?? thanks!
shot in the leg so he can come home would be ok

Well there is a possibility that he'll die,i'm just confronting you with it!Like all the others should do...

APIECEOFME
After boot camp he went to Florida for his school...she visited him there. But she couldn't live with him until they got married. After you are married you can get housing wherever he is.

CURIOUS22
oh i know. but i have to admit it not what i want to think about right now. i appreciate the frankness but im nervous enough......im hoping to hear all the good.

CURIOUS22
After boot camp he went to Florida for his school...she visited him there. But she couldn't live with him until they got married. After you are married you can get housing wherever he is.
well on his 2 week leave after boot camp we are getting married. so all i really have to survive is the boot camp and ill be fine right?

APIECEOFME
well on his 2 week leave after boot camp we are getting married. so all i really have to survive is the boot camp and ill be fine right?
That's right! And then when he goes on duty.

APIECEOFME
I've got to go, but I hope I have helped a little....and I wish you the best of luck

CURIOUS22
thank you so much!!!!!!!

Otaku
You know he's gonna die don't you stick out tongue

CURIOUS22
thanks alot sad wink

Vathu
...uh...well my brother joined the airforce..my friend joined the navy my brother just passed boot camp like a month ago and should be up in the air in another month or so.. while my friend i think pased boot camp and should be here this christmas

Rogue Jedi
whats he gonna do? is he gonns be on a battleship, a carrier, a pilot, what?

CURIOUS22
im not sure what he is going to do. he went to meps last night and today. Today he talks to the guy and finds out what he wants to do. Is one better for family life than the other? im just scared about him not being with me much....like having to leave alot ya know

does anyone know if you can call home while at meps?

Sweet Chocolate

It's really brave of him to join the Navy. And I'd be proud of him.

Raven Guardia
Otaku, be nice and stop scaring her. cant you see she is already upset and unsure about this. give her support not criticism or anything to make her feel even more upset.

Curious, I am sure everything will be okay smile. But I what think, is you and him need to make time and talk about this. Let him know you worry about him and love him, but support him in what he does. he maybe worried and nervous too. You guys are gonna need each others support. My friend is dating a guy who is a marine and he was training in FL the got shipped to CA ( I live in PA) she called him when she could and when he had off he would visit her here in PA, I believe he is over near Iraq now, but he isnt fighting on land. I also read in the seventeen mag awhile back how about a couple, the guy was stationed in Iraq and his girl was home in the USA, but they would write often. When he came home they still loved each as much as ever and ended up getting married. I believe everything will be okay, just put your trust and faith in the lord smile

Sweet Chocolate
Originally posted by Raven Guardia
I also read in the seventeen mag awhile back how about a couple, the guy was stationed in Iraq and his girl was home in the USA, but they would write often. When he came home they still loved each as much as ever and ended up getting married. I believe everything will be okay, just put your trust and faith in the lord smile

Only problem I have with what you said is that is BS.

75% of all men in the military are in a relationship.

47% of all those men are killed in combat.

and 20% out of that 75% come home to find that their lover has moved on.

10% of that 75% come home and break it off withthere loved one.

The war has lasted to long. And men and women have to stay out there for a long time. And just when you think they're coming home 1 of 2 things happen.
1. They're killed

2. They end up having to stay longer

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by Sweet Chocolate

The war has lasted to long. And men and women have to stay out there for a long time. And just when you think they're coming home 1 of 2 things happen.
1. They're killed

Ain't it the damn truth.

Otaku
Originally posted by SlipknoT

Otaku
Originally posted by Raven Guardia
Otaku, be nice and stop scaring her. cant you see she is already upset and unsure about this. give her support not criticism or anything to make her feel even more upset.

Im sorry sadIt was just a joke.If he gets shot what he probably wont be,there will be enough medics around.I saw a show on MTV were a guy lost his legs and one arm but he still made it,then later he married his girlfriedn...crybaby IT was so touching!!!

Backbone
Originally posted by Neo_Version 7
Reminds me of the Green Day video. laughing

Raven Guardia
Originally posted by Sweet Chocolate

1. They're killed

I never said anything related to that. If they truly love each other no one else will come between them. I am a religious person and I feel if they put there faith in god and its gods will her fiance (sp?) will be alright and be safe. Lets not get into numbers, this isn't statics class thank you.

CURIOUS22
i appreciate everyones help. i guess my biggest concern is being away from him...badic is gonna be rough and then when he gets shipped to sea. we are getting married before he is stationed so i can go too but basic is only a week away and i just found out about it. now i have to share the last week with his family and what not.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.