Within The Woods (Prequel to Evil Dead)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dr. Octagon
has anyone seen this?

"Before making the cult classic, The Evil Dead, director Sam Raimi needed funding for the movie. So what he did was he made this film as the prequel to his film The Evil Dead. He made a short, 30 minutes in length, film and with the help of some of his friends, Bruce Campbell being one of them he made this film to make his other film The Evil Dead. Bruce Campbell stars playing the character named Bruce. Ellen Sandweiss is also in this film, you'll remember her as playing Ash's sister in Evil Dead. This time she's playing Ash's girlfriend. Scotty and Shelly are also in this film, though Linda is not. The film is about a group of friends who go into a cabin to spend the weekend. Well, Bruce and Ellen go out for a picnic. While on their picnic Bruce digs up an Indian grave and finds a dagger. Soon he is turned into one of the evil dead, so Ellen goes back to the cabin to warn the others, but it's too late. Bruce makes it there and kills them all. Now Ellen is the only survivor and she must survive the night and survive Bruce, much how in the film, The Evil Dead, how Ash (Bruce Campbell) is the only survivor who must fight the evil dead."

http://www.allhorrormovies.com/ahmreviews-withinthewoods.htm

tpaquin
Yeah. I've seen the ultra-bootleg 20-minute movie. Not worth the time I spent trying to find it.

Dr. Octagon
not worth it?

BlackC@t
I don't think this is a prequel to The Evil Dead...

papabeard
I think it was made to show producers in order to get funding, I dont think its a prequel I think it is an early version of The Evil Dead. Within the Woods was an early working title.

tpaquin
Originally posted by Dr. Octagon
not worth it?

The only existing copy is.

a. Extremely illegal.

b. In such horrible condition that you can't tell what the **** is going on.

beta-wolf_101
ya know what for some reason I don't even car any more.

crackerman
I saw it too, the quality is very poor but it's always nice to see something that ended up having such an effect on the horror movie genre.

From what I've heard, it was just made in order to show to producers to prove that they weren't your average kids just trying to make a movie but that they actually had a chance to make something good. It's not a prequel in that it doesn't expand or explain anything in the overall trilogy, also seeming as it was made before The Evil Dead would that not rule out it being a prequel???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.