Young or Adult?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

freezedoom
Young Superheroes (such as X-23;Robin;Batgirl)
or
Adult Superheroes (such as Batman;Spiderman)
which is better

pr1983
Adults... they (some, not all) have maturity...

long pig
I like the older superheros.

The ones in their 70's and such, but still able to beat ass.

Superman is sometimes drawn like he's around 21, I hate it.
But when he's drawn and portrayed as being older kinda like in the KC job, it was awesome.

Hulk Power
I go for the older ones because they have more experience.

SnakeEyes
I like reading about the older super-heroes more often. Every now and then if I have the urge to read something about a young one, I'll pick up Ultimate Spider-Man.

joesha28
eeks Asgardian and Hulkling!

eleveninches
X-23 is HOT (the younger version in 'x-23')
stick out tongue

AJ4LIFE
she discussting, put scan of pic u like bout her lol

Thunderstrike
I prefer the older heroes.

AJ4LIFE
ounger ones r funny but older ones have better villains and fight scenes

Knightfall93
Older ones are more experienced and normally have a way better rogues gallery, powers and inventorys in some cases...

Spideys Sister
Rookies are eager and able. They want to prove themselves so they try their hardest. They deseve enormous amouts of respect!

Knightfall93
Uhhh... OK

Gregory
The problem with young and hip superheroes--the basic, fundamental, problem--is that they're being written by old, unhip men. There are young superheroes that I like--Impulse, Superboy, Batgirl--but generally, adult superheroes are better.

TheKahn
You could tell interesting stories with either type of character, imo. The only problem is that a lot of books that focus on young characters often seem to serve only as stepping stones for individuals to prove their talent on before moving on to the top-tier adult characters.

Knightfall93
True... and the only issues I've read of Robin (from War Drums) seemed to be some kind of ridiculous Hollyoaks-stye teen soap with very little actual excitement!

Scarecrow756
I like rading adult Superhero comics like Batman, Daredevil and Superman. But at the same time like reading young Superhero comics like Teen Titens and Nightwing comics.

Wonder Man
the way they do it now is they keep the young ones undeveloped till they get older so you kinda don't get to see the hero in the younger versions to much.
I love when they introduce young heros. i love when they have to face their own foes. People like the new mutants evolve others like Cable and spring out characters like deadpool.
I still like Wolverine though.

Validus
I really do like the "fun" type of story telling that usually goes with young heroes mainly because I get tired of the grim and gritty look thats constantly shoved out there. This is why Young Justice and Impulse were two of the very few good comics that came out of the 90s.

Knightfall93
Hmm... some young adult comics are good. Nightwig, kind of thing. And I suppose Flash and GL a bit... I'm not so keen on kid heroes. Batman owns because of believability, but Robin? Has anyone read the crap Robin comics when Steph was the Girl Wondder?

Validus
Steph was a crap character to begin with. Tim Drake's current comic is solid.

Knightfall93
Thanks god...

inamilist
I find more often than not that younger characters are normally a-typical. Like, almost cut directly from what the writer sees on MTV and thinks would convert into a good character whereas there is a greater degree of character development in the older heroes.

just my 2 cents :P

The Fake Macoy
I prefere adult characters since usually they don't have some of the ridiculous plotlines. Still, young characters can be interesting.

Spideys Sister
What would Spiderman be concidered? He was like 15 when he starrted out.... That makes him a kid or because he has man in his name does it make him an adult?

willRules
I find that most young heroes are too stereotypical now. They usually fit this description,

cocky, confident, never ugly or disfigured or have any quirks that could be considered abnormal except their powers/abilities and they always get told how they have loads of potential and always go through the apprentice beats the master routine.

It soo annoys me when you get a young "Robin-like" stereotype who manages to win against their teacher who has been training for years and years before them and should defeat the younglings in their training sessions for the first 20000 bouts.

littleredhat
Young ones. I love coming of age tales. big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.