Finch

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hornyman
Anyone else heard of them? I started to like them after I heard them on my friend's playlist.

Alpha Centauri
I lumped them in with the whole wave of emo bands.

I purchased their new album off the back of the reviews saying how they had deviated and strayed from their roots and into a more heavier rock territory.

I've yet to hear it.

-AC

SlipknoT
i got in a fight with a Kid who had on a Finch Shirt.....As for the music I've never really heard if but if what AC says is true and they're emo I Automatically Hate them.

Victor Von Doom
Doesn't pay to be closed-minded.

Alpha Centauri
Some people automatically hate Slayer because they're metal and "just noise".

-AC

Hornyman
Originally posted by SlipknoT
i got in a fight with a Kid who had on a Finch Shirt.....As for the music I've never really heard if but if what AC says is true and they're emo I Automatically Hate them.

Here: http://radioblogclub.com/search/0/finch

SlipknoT
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Some people automatically hate Slayer because they're metal and "just noise".

-AC Yea......I dunno, I just have the biggest hate for anything emo, Close minded I know erm

Alpha Centauri
If you know, why do you still do it?

Never quite understood that.

-AC

Hornyman
Originally posted by SlipknoT
Yea......I dunno, I just have the biggest hate for anything emo, Close minded I know erm

Makes sense.

Lana
Mmmmm.....one of my friends likes them a lot. I'm neutral towards them myselves.

RagnaViper
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
If you know, why do you still do it?

Never quite understood that.

-AC

Metalheads are known for being elitists. Being a metalhead myself, I can say this is very true.

Victor Von Doom
I guess once you label yourself with membership to a group, you can't afford to lose face.

Prefer just being a music fan myself.

Lana
Same, I like a lot of different music and prefer not to paint myself into a corner with a label.

Alpha Centauri
There's a difference between elitism and ignorance.

The trait displayed isn't elitism. Automatically dismissing something because of a label it - possibly unfairly - carries, is ignorance. Not elitism.

-AC

StinkFist462
never heard them before, dont really feel like it since its classified as "emo"

SlipknoT
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
I guess once you label yourself with membership to a group, you can't afford to lose face.

Prefer just being a music fan myself. Well not really, Metal is and always will be my favorite Genra but I also listen to Hip Hop

Alpha Centauri
So wouldn't you call someone a closed-minded idiot if they thought all Hip Hop was money and cars talk?

Not all emo is whining idiots. For every genre, there are originals. You'll come to find that most of what has come to be known as a genre, is as far removed from what it originally was as possible.

Now if I like this new Finch album, it'll be the second emo band (if they're still emo) I've ever been into aside from Jimmy Eat World. I've never hated emo to the point that I'd dislike a great emo band if there was one. There were just never any emo bands that appealed to me.

Like pop. If there's ever a genuine, honest, talented pop artist with integrity, that produces some songs or an album I like, I'll admit to liking them.

-AC

SlipknoT
the thing is that I have yet to hear an Emo Band I like

Alpha Centauri
I totally understand that, just saying that you shouldn't shut of the genre just because of a label.

Half the bands that get labelled as emo aren't emo at all and some that are, aren't all that bad.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Or, just stop labelling bands and listen to the actual noises emanating from the speakers.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.