Opposite Sex Equivalents

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ayjay
Opposite Sex equivalents

eehehehe...i bet the word 'sex' got everyone's attention ^__^

n e whoo....i was wondering...who you rekon da opposite sex equivalents of our fav x-men/women/villains are in the x-men world

some are easy....
Logan/X-23
Magneto/Polaris

BUT...are there others out there?? *pleease respond so i dun feel like an egg ^_^

munkiesarus
Nightcrawler / Nocturne

Very similar in appearance.

ayjay
YAAY! We have a winner! woot woot!

o0 o0...i rekon we get some pics in here...dat'll make the thread even KOOLER! ^__^

munkiesarus
Neophyte and Shadowcat, powers-wise?

ayjay
who's neophyte? never heard of him?

Leo.M
the word sex got my attention big grin big grin nice job ayjay

ayjay
hehehe...eexcellent....shifty....
does anyone know a female equiv for scott?

Leo.M
you got me on that dontgetit

eristole
i know sinister cloned scott as a female, but she could control her powers and was killed during a problem in one of sinisters lab.. that was pretty old though.

ayjay
o0o really? do you have a pic?

wannabe
In some ways Thor and Storm are fitting in this topic.

Psylocke and Hellion or Justice

Sunfire and Sunpyre

Proteus and Scarlet Witch

Aurora and Northstar

Cable and Marvel Girl

Dust(Academy X) and Sandman

Mystique and Morph

Wither(Academy X) and Famine

Surge(Academy X) and Electro

Emma and Xavier

eristole
how can you compare xavier and emma?

last i checked xavier couldnt turn to diamond.

plus alot of those really dont make sense. their powers just dont match up.

you are picking one or two powers that they "have in common"
and then saying they are identical.

and i probably have the comic and could take a webcam of it.
i'll look for it.

ayjay
o0o kool thnx eri

yeaah..i dunno about emma and xavier....

wannabe
Originally posted by eristole
how can you compare xavier and emma?

last i checked xavier couldnt turn to diamond.

plus alot of those really dont make sense. their powers just dont match up.

you are picking one or two powers that they "have in common"
and then saying they are identical.

OK, OK, OK...so Charly can't turn to diamond, Storm is not as srong and invulnerable as Thor and Mystique can't turn into nonhumanoids. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I didn't say ANYTHING about them being identical!!! They are just suggestions!
Btw, why do you "sound" so reprochful? huh

Give your own examples!!!

munkiesarus
Lol..

I thought wannabe's choices were ok. I mean, Dust and Sandman are sort of counterparts; he doesn't have to wear a burkha for that.

Cyclops and Callisto, for their tactical knowledge, maybe?

Mainstream
Firestar and Sunfire leftright

munkiesarus
Sunfire and Sunpyre, as well.

Mainstream
Originally posted by munkiesarus
Sunfire and Sunpyre, as well.

damn you got me

Disappear
sunfire and sunpyre have identical powers, though sunpyre, technically, is a continuity error in herself.

anyway, cassandra nova would be a better match for xavier.

Dust and Sandman have vastly different powers in application, but they're the closest you can get, I suppose.

and neophyte was an acolyte who could merge his molecules with any matter he came in contact with, letting him flow through it and emerge at another point. unlike kitty, he could perform stunts like sticking his arm into a wall, and having it punch someone dozens of feet away along the same wall. also, he once jumped off a balcony into a rainstorm, merging with individual droplets, and reformed one the ground once each drop hit bottom. he's as close as you'll get to shadowcat, though, unless you consider nate grey's pseudo-ability to become intangible.

Mainstream
Originally posted by Disappear
sunfire and sunpyre have identical powers, though sunpyre, technically, is a continuity error in herself.

anyway, cassandra nova would be a better match for xavier.

Dust and Sandman have vastly different powers in application, but they're the closest you can get, I suppose.

and neophyte was an acolyte who could merge his molecules with any matter he came in contact with, letting him flow through it and emerge at another point. unlike kitty, he could perform stunts like sticking his arm into a wall, and having it punch someone dozens of feet away along the same wall. also, he once jumped off a balcony into a rainstorm, merging with individual droplets, and reformed one the ground once each drop hit bottom. he's as close as you'll get to shadowcat, though, unless you consider nate grey's pseudo-ability to become intangible.

thank you for the information doctor nonesmilieph

Disappear
i try to help where i can

Mainstream
i try to help where i can

me too..but I often find it more fun to destroy dreams rather than to support them. mwahaha

Disappear
that's the namek way

Mainstream
that's the namek way

indeed.

what about wild child and feral?

Disappear
pretty close. i would've tried matching kyle and rahne, but kyle's mutation is more of a feral devolution, making him more animalistic, and rahne's is a controlled transformation.

wild child and feral fits the bill.

metalmikey
wolverine and sabretooth..lol..of course..

Disappear
clearly...

Next Venom_girl
Wolverine and Wildthing or X-23
Banshee and Siryn
Thanos and Terraxia

OmegaStorm
Originally posted by metalmikey
wolverine and sabretooth..lol..of course..

I'm not sure if you were joking, but you do realize that they're the same gender, right?

ayjay
laughing hahahha....watabout gambit? Who would be his female counterpart?

Disappear
there really aren't any women with gambit's powers. psylocke and gambit have near-equal agility, and numerous women characters are able to 'charm' their way past whomever they want. but no real kinetic-charging women.

wannabe
Is there a counterpart to Colossus or Marrow?

apoc001
Spyke from X-men: Evolution

LeDiableBlanc90
Rogue and that new kid Wither...although he can kill organic matter by touching it. But they're still similiar.

Disappear
Rogue and an out-of-control Mimic, more closely. both power/knowledge sappers, and mimic's powers once flared out of control so that he sucked the life energy out of people.

there was a character called Spike in X-Statix as well as numerous male bone/quill characters, such as Absalom, all of the Quills, etc.

Husk can turn into metal using her power, though it's not the same method as Colossus. Mercury is made of metal, though her body works much differently than Piotr's.

wannabe
Husk can turn into metal using her power, though it's not the same method as Colossus. Mercury is made of metal, though her body works much differently than Piotr's.

Nontheless quite close to what we are looking for on this thread...thanks! smile

ayjay
agrreed! ^_^

okay, im sure there's gotta be an angel counterpart somewhere..maybe?

pr1983
Lifeguard has golden armour... and the female angel is half fly so i dunno...

ayjay
have u gotz pic of dis fly-gurl?

pr1983
Hmm...

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/characters/showquestion.asp?fldAuto=1329

Creshosk
In the game X-men legends Jubilee can charge objects . . . Of course being able to detonate matter on a sub-atomic level is a bit different than actually charging an item with kinetic energy . . .

Disappear
jubilee's powers, at best, detonate on a molecular level, not subatomic. that's just fandom taking over fact.

and that's at best. jubilee most often uses her powers to make light and noise, only making concussive explosions from time to time. fear of her own powers keeps her from interweaving her paffs into the molecular structure of an object before they explode.

angel salvatore has an insectoid mutation, which isn't really akin to archangel. i think there was a winged female in the background of a New X-Men: Academy X panel or two, but i can't think of a she-Warren off the top of my head. Of course, unless you count Deathbird or Lifeguard, who get their avian features from being Shi'Ar.

wannabe
Azazel mentioned, that Warren might be one of the "Cheyarafim", an ancient angelic mutant clan. The existence of Ydrazil (a "fallen" Cheyarafim in Azazels service) and Icarus (Josh "Jay" Guthrie) hints, that there are further angelic mutants, and some might be femal...perhaps we will eventually see one?!

ayjay
Originally posted by pr1983
Hmm...

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/characters/showquestion.asp?fldAuto=1329
"ability to spew acidic goo from her throat cavity "

eeeeewwwww

bitca730
In a few issues of X-Factor, the villianess Haven had a brother who can control the weather similar to Storm. I believe his name was Monsoon.

Also Unus the Untouchable and Celilia Reyes both had force fields, but I think worked differently right? In addition to Empath and Wall Flower, who can both manipulate emotions through different ways though.

If you count Ultimate Longshot and 616 Domino, they are both mutants with "good luck" abilities.

Nathaniel Grey
616 Longshot has/had ( Is he even alive? ) the same abilities as well.

Creshosk
jubilee's powers, at best, detonate on a molecular level, not subatomic. that's just fandom taking over fact. Why would she even say that then?

A telepath, same telepath that found Iceman's limits were higher. . . through her eyes.

A person holding back from their maximum ability means they can't? Spiderman and superman hold back all the time. . .they aren't as strong as stated because they're affraid of hurting people?

cheekwg
how bout pheonix and apocalypse???apoc is undead and extreamly powerful while the phoenix dies and reborns many times and she is a malelovent entity that destroys planets...

yer
i wouldnt call phoenix malevolent. Shes pretty much a good girl except everyonce in a while. Also poxy has more of a faux immortality right?

Phoenix_Avatar9
yes phoenix only manifested in a woman, but posessed a male, so more or less phoenix's counterparts are itself

Disappear
a person is not defined by their exhibited power levels in many cases. in that regard, i agree with cresh. but you also can't assume anything beyond what's seen just based on the assumption that they're holding back. jubes pretty much just uses her powers for streams of light and paffs of sound, but that's not nearly her limit. but, just saying that doesn't mean her limit is subatomic incineration.

you should know that dialogue within a book is not always fact, and not nearly as reliable as narrative boxes, as it comes from a subjective, non-omniscient viewpoint. unless emma's powers were to comprehend sub-atomic dissociation, you can't assume what she's saying is fact. whether jubes can detonate on such a finite level (which would recategorize her "paffs" into a different sort of energy) isn't particularly clear.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.