Cutting off hands - Vader style!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nate100
I was watching ESB last nite and specifically the fight between Luke & Vader when Vader takes of Lukes hand and i noticed something quite interesting.

The way Vader takes Lukes hand off is quite reminisent of the way he takes Dooku's hands in episode three.

the way he sweeps under his blade, then wraps his blade under Lukes hands before flicking it upwards to take the poor buggers hand off!

if you watch this scene and then the same scene in episode III (if you've been naughty a bought a pirate copy) they look really similiar.

Was that move put into episode III purpose to branch the films together or just a random move Gillard came up with for Anakin?

i only bring it up becasue of the other things in the PT that are linked to the OT through either in jokes or verbal things.

so, what do you all think? was the move put into episode III on purpose as a direct link to ESB when Vader does the exact same thing?

Sesse
Originally posted by nate100

if you've been naughty a bought a pirate copy) they look really similiar.

Bought? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Indeed. Both are outmaneuvering the opponent, and doing a quick cut. Looks pretty similar.

nate100
or downloaded. either will work.

so do you think it was put in as a deliberate reference to ESB as a kind of tie in or just a fluke that it matched?

Sesse
The technique looks very similar. And in both cases, Anakin/Vader was kinda furious. Might it be his... finishing move or something? =P

Every duel, that Anakin has won on screen, have ended with a sound of a falling hand. Always the hand, never arm with it.

Episode 3: Dooku
Episode 3: Mace
Episode 4: Obiwan(Okay, no hand here. But it was more of an execution)
Episode 5: Luke

nate100
good point. it seems to be a bit of a trade mark for dear old Vader to lop off peoples hands.

sounds like the guy has issues! big grin

SS_181st_Snow
He has a fetish for amputation. He sees a hand get cut off and it turns him on. WHy do you think his whores and wenches all have no hands? stick out tongue

Darth Chronos
Originally posted by SS_181st_Snow
He has a fetish for amputation. He sees a hand get cut off and it turns him on. WHy do you think his whores and wenches all have no hands? stick out tongue

Well, be glad vader MOSTLY cuts off hands or the movies would've been over very quickly. Ala Luke's head sliced! wink

Captain REX
Sith Lords tend to develope a favoritism for how they finish things. Vader likes to remove hands and choke people, Palpatine likes to stab and cook with lightning, Dooku...likes to show off...

Gryn Jabar
... and Sion's just an *******.

Stealth Agent
just part of his lightsaber style. I assumed they based PT anakins style off of OT Vaders style.

Pielover666
Then again, maybe Vader's own limbs being removed has caused him enough fury to give that same pain to others...

nate100
fair point.

it would piss me off too.

Gryn Jabar
Or he wants to beat his son without killing him. Face it, Luke has 3 choices after Vader hacks him.
1) Kick him in the nuts and get decapitated.
2) Give in to Vader.
3) Jump.

nate100
tough call!

obviously you would wanna kick him square in the nuts, but that probably wouldn't have been the best idea.

i guess you would have to jump. especially considering what luke used that hand for when he wasn't wielding a lightsaber. he moust have thought he's entire life was over! blink

Pielover666
Someone told me his nuts were mechanical...

Anyway, what about the Handchopping with Dooku, revenge possibly? I'm sure he didn't want to spare his life, seeing as he killed him anyway. And notice that Luke cuts off hands as well. He cut off the ice Monsters arm, and Vader's hand.

SS_181st_Snow
Amputation is the skywalker tradition ;p. But I've always wondered, does Vader cutting off Luke's hand be considered child abuse? I mean, jeez vader, get the belt or sumtin'. But cutting off his hand? That'll be one easy trial.

Rayvann Sadow
Originally posted by Captain REX
Sith Lords tend to develope a favoritism for how they finish things. Vader likes to remove hands and choke people, Palpatine likes to stab and cook with lightning, Dooku...likes to show off...

laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.