Harry Potter questions wanted !

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ultimasummer
Not wanting to sound vain or anything but between waiting for the other books to come out i've re-read the books. during this time i have built up a knowledge of whats in the books and have asked my friends to test me, but alas, i have not been beaten yet !

I wish for someone to throw a question at me which will entirely stump me ! if you do post up a question however, i wish for it to be in books 1 -5. these are Philosphers stone, chamber of secrets, Prisoner of Azkaban, Goblet of Fire and Order of the Phoenix.

Ultimasummer

P.S the score in the quidditch world cup is 160 to bulgaria and 170 to ireland.

Dizzle
Now of course, how do we know you aren't cheating and looking this stuff up then posting?

And for my first question... Who is the Great Humberto?

King Angus
You stupid Brit, or wherever you live thats not The United States, where you have stupid book titles. The Sorcerers Stone is so much better than the Philosophers Stone.

Misc_Rose
I hate to say this but JK Rowling is British! Our titles are the original titles, they were changed to suit the United States. Im assuming, that in the US versions it says things like sweaters instead of jumpers and stuff like that. They were changed to suit the US. Take it up with JK!

Dizzle
I was actually kinda mad about all the changes... Original text is always better, regardless of little cultural differences. (I DO live in America, btw) And no one knows the answer to my amazing question...

Phoenix
Originally posted by King Angus
You stupid Brit, or wherever you live thats not The United States, where you have stupid book titles. The Sorcerers Stone is so much better than the Philosophers Stone.

Why do you think the Sorceror's Stone a better title than the Philosopher's Stone? There are many legends concerning the Philosopher's Stone - I have yet to hear one about the Sorceror's Stone. I also see no evidence why the British are stupid because the Americans changed the title of a book. I suggest perhaps you consider your words before you post them, to avoid offending people.

Britannia
Originally posted by King Angus

People like you exceed all expectations in blinding ignorace and arrogance. As Misc_Rose said, JK Rowling is a Great British author, thus she decides the original titles.. the PROPER titles.

Dizzle
Please don't judge Amerika by that guy... or Bush... Britain's awesome. Without Britain, there would be no good music. Or accents. Or America. And no Whirly. Can you people imagine a world without Whirly?

Britannia
Originally posted by Dizzle
Please don't judge Amerika by that guy... or Bush... Britain's awesome. Without Britain, there would be no good music. Or accents. Or America. And no Whirly. Can you people imagine a world without Whirly?

What on earth is Whirly?

riku harada
Originally posted by Britannia
What on earth is Whirly?
don't know...

Dizzle
Haha, he's a thoroughly British member here on KMC. He's been here in the books forum a few times, but I've mostly experienced his greatness on the comic book vs. forum...

riku harada
oh...ok...

ultimasummer
a whirly......i think its like a swirly....not sure and there is no great humberto

Dizzle
I already explained who Whirly is...

Wrong. The Great Humberto is Dudley's favorite TV personality in the Philosopher/Sorceror's Stone. It's when the Dursleys are running from the "mysterious letters"... Dudley complains that he is missing his favorite TV show, the Great Humberto. I think I win, obscure characters rock.

Barker
Exept I knew that the moment I read that question.....Didn't look into this thread untill 2 Mins ago...

ultimasummer
ok i'm beat ! fine ! i accept defeat ! plz post up more questions so that you can laugh at me when i fall................. sad
by the way my pics are of raven from the teen titans, my favorite character.
laughing Happy Dance What the f**k? Happy Dance laughing

Dizzle
Originally posted by Barker
Exept I knew that the moment I read that question.....Didn't look into this thread untill 2 Mins ago...

Well done sir...

What is the main ingredient in Fizzing Whizbees?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.