Quirrell vs. Snape

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthsith19
If Quirrell and Snape fought in book one who would win? Both are powerful wizards. Quirrell only pretends to be frightened by alot of things so people don';t suspect him to be evil. But I think Quirrell really was afraid of Snape. If he really was stronger than Snape wouldn't he have just finished Snape off in the Forbidden Forest? Unless he thought there was to much at risk for him to chance a fight, for he might lose. But at the Quidditch match Quirrell nearly had Harry off his broom, even with Snape trying to keep Harry on the broom, which suggests that Quirrell is stronger than Snape. Who do you think would win if they fought?

For now I'll say Quirrell and he only didn't kill Snape in the Forest because he wasn't entirely sure he could defeat Snape.

sasee tiin
quirrel was a pretty lame, medicore wizard, snape would, without doubt, beaten him easily.

hotsauce6548
I voted Snape.

It's been pointed out that he is a very highly skilled Occlumens. I'm sure that would work to his benefit in a fight.

Barker
Originally posted by darthsith19
If Quirrell and Snape fought in book one who would win? Both are powerful wizards. Quirrell only pretends to be frightened by alot of things so people don';t suspect him to be evil. But I think Quirrell really was afraid of Snape. If he really was stronger than Snape wouldn't he have just finished Snape off in the Forbidden Forest? Unless he thought there was to much at risk for him to chance a fight, for he might lose. But at the Quidditch match Quirrell nearly had Harry off his broom, even with Snape trying to keep Harry on the broom, which suggests that Quirrell is stronger than Snape. Who do you think would win if they fought?

For now I'll say Quirrell and he only didn't kill Snape in the Forest because he wasn't entirely sure he could defeat Snape.

In the noobish way most vs. threads opperate, Snape beat Harry, Harry beat Quirrell. no expression

Darth Macabre
Quirrell had Voldemort for help though. So I would said Quirrell wins this.

HPRox90
Definatly Snape!!! If he was smart enought to fool Dumbledore, then he would definatly be smart enough to win that battle.

darthsith19
quirrel was a pretty lame, medicore wizard, snape would, without doubt, beaten him easily.
1. Without a wand he performed magic (In the man with two faces)
2. He would have stolen something from a high security vault at Gringott's had it been there
3. His curse was more powerful than Snape's counter-curse

What do you mean he was a Medicore wizard?!

Harry beat Quirrell.
1. Only because Quirrell was foolish enough to let Harry touch him. Had Snape been in Quirrell's place in SS Harry would probably have touched him, too.
2. Quirrell would still have killed Harry had Dumbledore not saved him. He told Harry he only arrived just in time to stop QWuirrell from killing Harry and getting the Stone, remember?

Yeah, but did having Voldemort possessing him actually make him stronger? I'd say it made him, if anything, weaker. It weakened Snake's enough that soom they died, it'd take a really long time but eventually wouldn't Quirrell die, too? He must have been getting weaker every day.

If he was smart enought to fool Dumbledore

Quirrell fooled Dumbledore, too, remember?

hotsauce6548
1. Without a wand he performed magic (In the man with two faces)
2. He would have stolen something from a high security vault at Gringott's had it been there
3. His curse was more powerful than Snape's counter-curse

What do you mean he was a Medicore wizard?!

Harry beat Quirrell.
1. Only because Quirrell was foolish enough to let Harry touch him. Had Snape been in Quirrell's place in SS Harry would probably have touched him, too.
2. Quirrell would still have killed Harry had Dumbledore not saved him. He told Harry he only arrived just in time to stop QWuirrell from killing Harry and getting the Stone, remember?

Yeah, but did having Voldemort possessing him actually make him stronger? I'd say it made him, if anything, weaker. It weakened Snake's enough that soom they died, it'd take a really long time but eventually wouldn't Quirrell die, too? He must have been getting weaker every day.

If he was smart enought to fool Dumbledore

Quirrell fooled Dumbledore, too, remember?

Actually, that was all Voldemort's doing...

DanZeke25
Yes, Snape would eat him. I dont think it would even be a fight, it would be like The Hulk vs. Bill Gates.

sasee tiin
quirrel was a medicore wizard, no doubt. LV even say it himself, In GOF at the graveyard. He tells the rest of the DE that he met a foolish young wizard. remember that Quirrel in the beggining was good, but LV, as less than a spirit, easily fooled quirrel into the dark side. this prooves that quirrel had a weak mind, snape is highly skilled at ligilimency.

potty4potter
i think that snape would have won, coz i mean snape is a talented wizard and quirrel isnt really, besides why would they fight anyway their both on the same side as far as im conserned!!!

sasee tiin
Originally posted by potty4potter
i think that snape would have won, coz i mean snape is a talented wizard and quirrel isnt really, besides why would they fight anyway their both on the same side as far as im conserned!!!

no they are not, Quirrel was good then evil and now dead, snape is still alive, and most likely good.

darthsith19
Actually, that was all Voldemort's doing...

What was? Fooling Dumbledore? Proof?

He tells the rest of the DE that he met a foolish young wizard. remember that Quirrel in the beggining was good, but LV, as less than a spirit, easily fooled quirrel into the dark side.

Voldemort said Quirrell was foolish before he joined Voldemort, but that doesn't make him weak. Anyways, who says LV's always right? He's wrong about Mudblood's being weaker than Pure-Bloods. He never said Quirrell was weak. And explain to me how Quirrell was able to break into Gringott's? In SS didn't it say it'd take a powerful wizard to break into Gringott's? And we know it's almost impossible to steal anything from Gringott's, especially from a top security vault.

this prooves that quirrel had a weak mind, snape is highly skilled at ligilimency.

he has a weak mind just because he was lured to the Dark Side? Then Snape and LV himself must also have weak minds because they were also lured to the Dark Side.

besides why would they fight anyway their both on the same side as far as im conserned!!!

In book 1 they're enemies/ Now Snape realises they were indeed, unknowingly, on the same side.

no they are not, Quirrel was good then evil and now dead, snape is still alive, and most likely good.

Mosr ethan 50% of HP fans believe he is evil.

Imperial_Samura
Hmmm. I would give it to Snape, because I always got the sense in the books, the kind of between the lines stuff, that Quirrel wasn't ever a wizard equal to Snape, with or without Voldermort possessing him. In fact it seemed more like Voldermort only took him over with such ease because he was relatively weak willed, and about Dumbledore not suspecting, Quirrel said a some point about how hard it would be for anybody to suspect him, what with his image of being such a poor wizard and all.

ladygrim
SNAPE

sasee tiin
Voldemort said Quirrell was foolish before he joined Voldemort, but that doesn't make him weak. Anyways, who says LV's always right? He's wrong about Mudblood's being weaker than Pure-Bloods. He never said Quirrell was weak. And explain to me how Quirrell was able to break into Gringott's? In SS didn't it say it'd take a powerful wizard to break into Gringott's? And we know it's almost impossible to steal anything from Gringott's, especially from a top security vault.

remember, quirrel had LV's knowledge. Even though LV was weak at that time, he still had a lot of knowledge, and was able to tell quirrel how to do stuff.

"he has a weak mind just because he was lured to the Dark Side? Then Snape and LV himself must also have weak minds because they were also lured to the Dark Side."

none of them was lured into the dark arts, they made up their own minds, and studied. Doyou think a dark Wizard fooled LV into the dark arts??

Smodden
Quirrell, without the help of Voldemort, could easily be defeated by Severus.

sasee tiin
definetly!!

Smodden
*high fives*big grin

Saratn
Snape would win over Quirrel even with the Dark Lord's help. The Dark Lord indeed is stronger than Snape, but he was only sharing bodies with Quirrell because he was weak at the time, making Snape much stronger and more capable, but if the Dark Lord was using his own body then it wouldn't be rather hard to say. I mean Snape was clever enough to create his own spells...let's say that he made a spell that could kill multiple people, then he would win, it basically depends on who uses the unforgivable curses and who doesn't...

zac_j
he wasnt aloud to, because quirrel knew snape was a deatheater, but snape didnt know quirrel was.

sasee tiin
ehhhh....quirrel didn't knew snape was a death eater at that time when LV himself didn't knew....
just pure logic...

darthsith19
I now believe Snape could win, though not by much. Quirrell must have beaten Snape at the one curse that jinxes brooms because he must have been practicing that curse before the Quidditch match to make sure nothing went wrong. I still think it'd be close, though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.