ROTS Anakin versus ROTS Obi-Wan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gryn Jabar
Before you guys go nuts and call me a stupid n00b, here me out.
Is it not possible that Obi-Wan had a large advantage over Anakin, in that Anakin had nearly completely exhausted himself? Keep in mind that in the space of less then 24 hours, Anakin had wiped out the Jedi order, destroyed the seperatists, and had a complete fall from grace.

Now, while some of you might say that No, his adrenaline was pumping and he was full of the Darkside, is it not possible that during the time between the seperatists being wiped out and his choking of Padme ,causing yet MORE emotional anguish and making him not think straight (more on this later), his adrenaline levels decreased and fatigue set in?

Also, prior to the Obi-Wan/Anakin fight, the emotional anguish of having not ONE, but TWO of his closest companions (Obi-Wan and Padme) "betray" him would likely cause him to act in a non-thinking manner, for instance, force jumping onto high ground.

So, in conclusion, had Anakin not undergone such trauma, and had several hours of rest, or at least, time to recuperate as Obi-Wan had, could he have beat Obi-Wan?

Darth_Glentract
Even a rematch has been done before.

Darth_Janus
Well, it is an interesting concept here, and it does bring up some very good points. But you must keep in mind that any fight involving killing Obi-Wan is bound to have some negative emotions on Anakin's part, and it is a point against him that he, while being potentially better than Obi-Wan at saber combat, has never mastered the mind game like obi-Wan has thus he is not in much better straits.

Gryn Jabar
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
Obi-Wan is bound to have some negative emotions on Anakin's par
Sorta like how Dooku brought out the worst in Anakin?

Darth_Janus
Something like that. If Anakin is fighting his old mentor, there has to be bad blood between them. If there wasn't, Anakin can't draw on that emotion and anger to overcome Obi-Wan either. It's a double edged sword. If Anakin was more level-headed, he would be the better duellist.

Hornyman
That's the thing: Obi Wan would most likely not just fight him physically, but also mentally. I don't believe Obi will be stupid and cocky. He would be wise enoguh to use Anakin's emotions against him.

Gryn Jabar
Yes, but will it be enough, seeing how if you remove Anakin's problems (fatigue, etc), will Obi-Wan's mind ****ing be enough?

elemental
obi won uses a defensive less showy technique that allows him to keep his energy which is awesome

Hornyman
Originally posted by Gryn Jabar
Yes, but will it be enough, seeing how if you remove Anakin's problems (fatigue, etc), will Obi-Wan's mind ****ing be enough?

You saw him fight Dooku. His anger is what lost it for him. Anakin is very hot headed, adn using that aginst him, will win it. Obi will be smart enoguh to use it against him. Anakin would lose all concentration, and would eventually lose.

elemental
anakin is too aggressive, arragant, inexperienced, confused and a fool

Darth_Janus
Yeah, Obi-Wan has more wisdom and mental fortitude than Anakin, and that will tip things in his favor.

Gryn Jabar
Originally posted by Hornyman
You saw him fight Dooku.
Yes, he hacked off his wrists and decapitated him. I was just testing my theory, it appears that Anakin can't win against Kenobi. Oh well, back to South Park.

elemental
obi won is less showy but more in control

Council#13
either of em could have won if they didnt just keep twirling their blades for a millenia before trying to force push. Just knock away the enemies's lightsaber then jab jab jab

Fishy
You saw it when there push started. They both did at the same time, those two there fighting styles are perfected to work together. There is no way one of them can really surprise the other one, unless they change the way they fight and that can make everything even worse.

Lord Darkstar
well actually I read an interesting thing somewhere (sorry I forget exactly where), that Anakin was winning the entire fight, now before you scoff, just wait me out here. The acticle was written by a professional swordfighter, who said that even a less skilled swordfighter can last a long time if they keep giving ground and retreating, like Obi-Wan did with Anakin.

Also, yes any fight with Obi-Wan would have lots of emotions, but I think that Anakin would have done better if he had some rest, think about it, the guy had just sent his emotions through the mill (killing Mace Windu, killing younglings, falling to the dark side etc.) He had also just killed the entire jedi temple, sure he had clones, but he still did some duelling. He had also just slaughtered the entire seperatist group on Mustafar, he must have killed more people than were shown in the room. You cannot convince me that the speratist leaders fled and only took, what, 4 battle droids with them. Thats not even one per person. No, he would have had to kill dozens (maybe hundreds?) of battle droids, several super battle droids and some destroyers as well.

I'm not sure which way the fight will go, but I am leaning towards Anakin

Admiral Akbar
Is it not possible that Obi-Wan had a large advantage over Anakin, in that Anakin had nearly completely exhausted himself? Keep in mind that in the space of less then 24 hours, Anakin had wiped out the Jedi order, destroyed the seperatists, and had a complete fall from grace.

Now, while some of you might say that No, his adrenaline was pumping and he was full of the Darkside, is it not possible that during the time between the seperatists being wiped out and his choking of Padme ,causing yet MORE emotional anguish and making him not think straight (more on this later), his adrenaline levels decreased and fatigue set in?

Also, prior to the Obi-Wan/Anakin fight, the emotional anguish of having not ONE, but TWO of his closest companions (Obi-Wan and Padme) "betray" him would likely cause him to act in a non-thinking manner, for instance, force jumping onto high ground.

So, in conclusion, had Anakin not undergone such trauma, and had several hours of rest, or at least, time to recuperate as Obi-Wan had, could he have beat Obi-Wan?

lol? a whole bunch of younglings and padawns. He is way out of thier league

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by Lord Darkstar
well actually I read an interesting thing somewhere (sorry I forget exactly where), that Anakin was winning the entire fight, now before you scoff, just wait me out here. The acticle was written by a professional swordfighter, who said that even a less skilled swordfighter can last a long time if they keep giving ground and retreating, like Obi-Wan did with Anakin.

Also, yes any fight with Obi-Wan would have lots of emotions, but I think that Anakin would have done better if he had some rest, think about it, the guy had just sent his emotions through the mill (killing Mace Windu, killing younglings, falling to the dark side etc.) He had also just killed the entire jedi temple, sure he had clones, but he still did some duelling. He had also just slaughtered the entire seperatist group on Mustafar, he must have killed more people than were shown in the room. You cannot convince me that the speratist leaders fled and only took, what, 4 battle droids with them. Thats not even one per person. No, he would have had to kill dozens (maybe hundreds?) of battle droids, several super battle droids and some destroyers as well.

I'm not sure which way the fight will go, but I am leaning towards Anakin

Well guees what I heard, Obi Wan dident have the heart to strike down this own padawan becuas ehe loved him, until half way into the fight he decided to let it go.

overlord
Although Obi wan defeated Anakin fair and square, I think Anakin would have won if he didn't jump into the lava! Haha!!

Admiral Akbar
I disagree, anakin was trying as hard as he could to kill him, obi wan is hard to beat. Obi wan was fighitng with emotions, anakin was fighting to kill. He had no more sympathy for obi wan anymore. If obi wan was serious about this, anakin would not win as easily as you might think.

DarthChris
Obi-Wan

Admiral Akbar
He died, his face splattered all over.

Darth L. Dipsit
When did he jump into the lava? He would have been burned to death, wouldn't he? However, it is true that Obi-Wan was playing every card that came his way in that fight. There are those factors with a lot of the fights we see, but they're not quite as important. Here we give Anakin a great deal more benefit of the doubt than we do, say, Obi-Wan and Anakin in their first fight with Count Dooku. Maybe they could have defeated him but they were too tired from fighting the Separatists and too angry about all the Jedi that were killed. These kind of variables are omnipresent with all combat, but, to be fair, we should give everyone such credit.

overlord
I think this Anakin dude is greatly underestimated by a lot, I'm betting my cents on Vader.

darthsith19
Actually George Lucas said Anakin is stronger than Obi-Wan (Anakin NOT Vader).

Deus Ex
He is stronger and progressively better at saber combat, but he never mastered the mind game like Obi-wan did.

overlord
Oh my.. the mind game of course.. AAAAH!!!
As if Obi secretly intended to drive Anakin mad with sappy comments like: "You were like a brother to me!! I love you!!!!" Anakin was plain stupid.. Don't give Obi too much credit for accidently driving Anakin insane wich barely happened.

Fishy
Obi was the better fighter, just look at what he does at the end of the fight.

He forces Anakin to lose. He can either stay on that thing and admit defeat or jump in the air and lose because of Obi Wan his skills... Obi Wan made Anakin lose...

overlord
Sorry, Deus ex says Anakin is better.
..And Deas pawns. (he told me that in person) thumb up

Fishy
OKay... Your title is making more and more sense.

overlord
I'm entitled to the right of being noob. A shame the word doesn't exist!!

I AM NOT AFRAID OF DEUS EX!!!!!1!!!!11111111
btw.. Anakin IS stronger.. Sorry.

Fishy
Stronger, maybe better with a sword and the force but he is not a better fighter. And definitly not a smarter fighter.

Darth Faunus
Well, Anakin is supposed to have evolved into a superior duelist than Obi-Wan. However, there would be no easy victory on either side. Anakin is the superior fighter, but Obi-Wan is the more tactical warrior, the one who will use anything and everything to his advantage. This ultimately grants him the ability to defeat enemies of greater power and ability than he.

In the Duel of the Fates, after being hurled into a reactor core, he summoned his fallen Master's lightsaber to him, and slew Maul. He used the environment to his advantage. He took the situation at hand and turned it his favor.

In the Geonosis arena, he was up against an Acklay, weaponless. Grabbing a mounted drone's spear, he swatted it away, and proceeded to defend himself. He used weapons around him to his advantage.

In ROTS, he was hanging off a platform hundreds of meters above the ground, a mechanical monstrosity towering before him. A second more, and he would have been shocked, and fallen to his death. But, he yet again used the environment to his advantage, summoning to himself Grievous' blaster and firing into his exposed gut.

Just later, while being heavily assaulted by Anakin, he leaped away to the higher ground, gaining the advantage. He used Anakin's arrogance against him. While obviously resisting the unfathomable difficulty involved in this action, and hoping that Anakin would give in, he knew what needed to be done. And with his position as insurance, he did.

Obi-Wan, the great warrior that he is, oftentimes finds himself engaged against enemies that hold the advantage. Most Jedi in his postion would have died in each and every one of these trials. But using his wit, guile, and intelligence, and he came out of each and every one of them victorious. Nobody here can undermine Obi-Wan's victory by attributing it to Anakin's fatigue, or emotions clouding his mind, etc. Kenobi won, fair and square.

Fishy
Exactly Obi Wins because he's the smarter fighter. Besides Anakin isn't that superior at all. Just look at the force push, he obviously isn't more powerful then Obi Wan with the force at least not by a lot if he really is more powerful that is.

And with a lightsaber Obi Wan has a great style for somebody like him. Anakin really has no chance. He isn't overpowering Obi with the force. And he isn't the tactical fighter that Obi Wan is.

Darth Faunus
Well, I wouldn't go that far. Anakin certainly has an incredible chance against Obi-Wan. He is the better duelist and more powerful Force-user. And their combat styles cannot really be compared; they have evolved to compliment eachother in combat, so they match eachother perfectly. But yes, in the ned, Obi-Wan's tactical genius and 'luck', although that isn't what I'd call it, would give him a good chance of victory.

Fishy
No... Anakin would stand a chance against anybody like Obi Wan, but never against Obi Wan himself... Still why do you think he is superior in the force? The only force challenge they had ended in a draw.

Darth Faunus
Labyrinth of Evil; his voiced rage collapses a dome. Now, it is said that experience and knowledge give power. This may be the case here. However, look closely at that part. As soon as the two hit the opposing platforms, a flash of annoyance appears on Anakin's face, while surprise and pain show on Obi-Wan's. The next second, Anakin is bounding across the room, and before you know it, he's all over Kenobi. Obi-Wan's attack didn't have as much of an effect as Anakin's did.

Sorgo

No, he couldn't have. What makes you think it was so easy for Kenobi? He has been watching all of his fellow Jedi fall to a complete turnover of an army, he has been fighting Clone troopers all day, and now he has to terminate the very Jedi that he brought up as a Padawan into a Jedi Knight.

Maybe the question is would Kenobi have whooped Anakin's ass any faster if he wasn't physically and emotionally exhausted.

And about this "Anakin is l337 swordsman" bullshit, let me explain:

If Anakin is such a gifted Swordsman, how come he was having so much trouble defeating Obi Wan during their long fight on Mustafar?

And if Anakin is a better swordsman, why did he lose the battle?

Well, Kenobi and Skywalker are obviously on par when it comes to their Lightsaber skills. Maybe Kenobi is a bit better. Whether Anakin flew towards Kenobi in Arrogance, stupidity or whatever, he still didn't have the Lightsaber skill to block Kenobi's attack. If he is so much better, he would have been able to do this, whether you like it or not. Kenobi got the better of him during the fight because he put tactics into his skill. Being an idiot doesn't make you a great swordsman. This is proven with Maul and Anakin both. If they had such great skills, why didn't they kick Kenobi's head in? Because they aren't "tactical"? What do you think makes you a better Saber duelist? You have to put proper tactical admission into your Lightsaber skill.

And these kids who try to say that Anakin wasn't expecting Kenobi's attack.

NEWS FLASH: Anakin threw himself and Kenobi. He would have had to been expecting an attack. I am sure he didn't think Kenobi would stand there and whip out his Gameboy, waiting for Anakin to kill him.

C'mon!

Fishy
Point... But could he pull that off again, could he do something like that against Obi Wan? I have no doubt Anakin could win from somebody as great as Obi Wan but just not Obi Wan. Obi Wan knows Anakin to well to lose.

overlord
Didn't Obi Wan practice the most defensive way of fighting?
But I do agree that Anakin isn't the brightest warrior.

Fishy
Yes he did.

overlord
Well.. Sorgo asked these two questions:
"If Anakin is such a gifted Swordsman, how come he was having so much trouble defeating Obi Wan during their long fight on Mustafar?

And if Anakin is a better swordsman, why did he lose the battle?"

Everybody would have quite a lot of trouble defeating a soresu master..
hmm.. Why did Anakin lose again.. Because he was a noob!!11!!111
It was because he went superstupid and thought he could make a jump.
Watch the goddamn movie already sorgo!!! (just kidding of course)

Deus Ex
Originally posted by Darth Faunus
Well, Anakin is supposed to have evolved into a superior duelist than Obi-Wan. However, there would be no easy victory on either side. Anakin is the superior fighter, but Obi-Wan is the more tactical warrior, the one who will use anything and everything to his advantage. This ultimately grants him the ability to defeat enemies of greater power and ability than he.

In the Duel of the Fates, after being hurled into a reactor core, he summoned his fallen Master's lightsaber to him, and slew Maul. He used the environment to his advantage. He took the situation at hand and turned it his favor.

In the Geonosis arena, he was up against an Acklay, weaponless. Grabbing a mounted drone's spear, he swatted it away, and proceeded to defend himself. He used weapons around him to his advantage.

In ROTS, he was hanging off a platform hundreds of meters above the ground, a mechanical monstrosity towering before him. A second more, and he would have been shocked, and fallen to his death. But, he yet again used the environment to his advantage, summoning to himself Grievous' blaster and firing into his exposed gut.

Just later, while being heavily assaulted by Anakin, he leaped away to the higher ground, gaining the advantage. He used Anakin's arrogance against him. While obviously resisting the unfathomable difficulty involved in this action, and hoping that Anakin would give in, he knew what needed to be done. And with his position as insurance, he did.

Obi-Wan, the great warrior that he is, oftentimes finds himself engaged against enemies that hold the advantage. Most Jedi in his postion would have died in each and every one of these trials. But using his wit, guile, and intelligence, and he came out of each and every one of them victorious. Nobody here can undermine Obi-Wan's victory by attributing it to Anakin's fatigue, or emotions clouding his mind, etc. Kenobi won, fair and square.

Word of Artoo, for the jawas of Artoo.

*Bows and chants*

overlord
*makes a sound only bantha can make with his ass*

Everybody bow down to C3PO, he's asking nicely!

Darth Faunus
Tsk. You mean the yellow tin can that lost his head? Twice? Threepio = PWN3D!!

Deus Ex
Threepio is sysnonymous with the Jawa dialect word for "pwned."

Darth Faunus
They even rhyme!

Deus Ex
Toldja!

Oooteenie!

overlord
rtheepioo? is that a mathematical... Huhhh????

Dudes.. C3PO survived Geonosis.. He's way pawnzor better than all those dumbass jedi who died..

And.. He is God in person.. (movie canon)

Deus Ex
You are soooo confused.

overlord
You are soooo bored..

Deus Ex
Yep.

overlord
I'm tired.. I'm almost getting to bed..

hmm.. Should get back on topic again.. Hurray for Anakin!! clap clapping

Deus Ex
Anakin loses. PWN3D!

Tangible God
Originally posted by overlord
He is God in person.. No no, you got him and me mixed up, silly goose.

DarthMaul9123
you might be god but i am planning to take the world back into my hands i gave it to my fish in a game of poker so this should be easy getting it back and i will make you bow to me!!!!!

Sorgo
Originally posted by overlord
Well.. Sorgo asked these two questions:
"If Anakin is such a gifted Swordsman, how come he was having so much trouble defeating Obi Wan during their long fight on Mustafar?

And if Anakin is a better swordsman, why did he lose the battle?"

Everybody would have quite a lot of trouble defeating a soresu master..
hmm.. Why did Anakin lose again.. Because he was a noob!!11!!111
It was because he went superstupid and thought he could make a jump.
Watch the goddamn movie already sorgo!!! (just kidding of course)

Well, Dooku didn't have much trouble with Kenobi as i recall.

Yes, he is a newb. He never accomplished any really significant killings. Hmm.... He didn't win square against Dooku, nor Mace and he got tooled by Kenobi.

overlord
So you mean Obi had trouble with Anakin instead of Anakin with Obi?
*laughing at Obi for having trouble with a so called noob*
About the Dooku thing, yes, that's very peculiar.. Dooku's fighting style was to tire out his opponents but he dealt with Obi Wan really easily.. Maybe Obi Wan made some kind of mistake or something.. Don't know, I should watch the movie again.
But I don't really care anymore what you think about this fight, because it's obvious you believe Anakin's a retard. There's no arguing with you anymore.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.