What have you done in the name of ROTS?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kalsemo
I while ago I tried a thread "You know you are a SW fan if..." but that didn't go over too well because it was too generic (not ROTS specific) plus there was a similar thread in another forum.

However, I haven't come accross a thread JUST about ROTS in which everyone posts the silly/stupid/obessive things they have done in the name of ROTS.....

So, does anyone care to share their stories?

I've seen ROTS now 9 times in the theater and saved all my stubs for historical and sentimental value.

I bought a box of cereal just because of the ROTS cover and the poster mail-in offer.

I bought the ROTS CD even though I had already downloaded all the tracks from Napster -- I paid the full price at the music store just to have Track 1, which wasn't available on Napster.

stick out tongue

Morridini
I've seen the movie once.

kalsemo
Originally posted by Morridini
I've seen the movie once.

smile lol

lupisnoctis1286
I've seen the movie 4 times, bought the soundtrack even though I had the songs downloaded (got the cool dvd though), bought many food items because of a SW picture of mail in offer, and too many other things to mention because it just makes me feel silly.

Scarecrow756
I set up a little army at school with people using mini lightsabers from cereal boxes and just because ROTS was out everyone was in the mode to go poke people around school.

tlbauerle
I've relinquished my life to messageboards for over a year....and now, I can't get it back!

cameron666
Bought 2 copies of the soundtrack, one for listening, one to keep unopened in my Star wars collection.

I have now seen the movie 6 times.

Have over 100 actions figures, including 13 clone troopers.

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by tlbauerle
I've relinquished my life to messageboards for over a year....and now, I can't get it back!
Yeah, it sucks, don't it?

kalsemo
Originally posted by tlbauerle

Ha ha that is so true!

Although I haven't started an action figure collection yet, after seeing ROTS I now have better appreciation for those who do... my brother has hundreds of unopened star trek figures and I never understood the logic..... but now, every time I go wo wal mart, find myself drawn to the toy department!!

Darth_Rankkor
Originally posted by kalsemo
Ha ha that is so true!

Although I haven't started an action figure collection yet, after seeing ROTS I now have better appreciation for those who do... my brother has hundreds of unopened star trek figures and I never understood the logic..... but now, every time I go wo wal mart, find myself drawn to the toy department!!

Have you ever thought about burning your brothers collection???? hahahahaha

kalsemo
Originally posted by Darth_Rankkor
Have you ever thought about burning your brothers collection???? hahahahaha

laughing No, but I can appreciate the humor in your comment!! laughing

kalsemo
Originally posted by lupisnoctis1286
.....and too many other things to mention because it just makes me feel silly.

But the point of the thread is that if we all bare our stupid stories then no one has to feel silly because no matter what things we have done related to the movie, someone else is going to have taken it farther... for example, do I think seeing it 9 times is a bit obsessive? Perhaps. But then again, at starwars.com there was a story about a guy who has seen it 100 times! So I don't feel as obsessive anymore!!

Gryn Jabar
1) Seen it twice theatres, once opening night.
2) Bought soundtrack.
3) Downloaded it.
4) Pissed away my waking hours on this bloody site.

amity75
I had no more holidays left to take at work so I murdered my grandmother so I could get time off work for her funeral which thankfully was held on the opening day. I went to see the movie after it.

kalsemo
Originally posted by amity75
I had no more holidays left to take at work so I murdered my grandmother so I could get time off work for her funeral which thankfully was held on the opening day. I went to see the movie after it.

You are sick.

obiwills
I've seen it 8 times in the theater, and am going to see it at least 3 more times if at all possible! I've collected all sorts of fanfic, fallen in love with Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christensen, started collecting any movie I can find with Ewan in it. I've developed an unhealthy lightsaber obsession, I simply MUST have one, even if it's a cheap plastic one. I bought the Unleashed action figures of Obi Wan and Anakin, even though they don't really look like them, but the concept is truly cool. I've bought a Star Wars video game, and I've also rented the Episode III video game 3 times. I've started doing role plays based almost entirely around rewriting RotS in various ways, because my RP folk and I all agree that the ending really bites... I've also started writing fanfic, I wrote my first one tonight, and I have NEVER EVER written fanfic before, no matter how obsessed I was with something. I also buy foods that have anything Star Wars on it, and I spend countless hours online on this message board and searching the internet for pictures relating to Ewan and Hayden, and making banners and other graphics, all related either to Ewan and/or Hayden or Star Wars.

I'm fortunate to have a cousin who is as obsessed as I am with Episode 3, she's seen it 10 times now in the theater I believe. She and I spend countless hours talking about episode 3 and making up our own bloopers. We even play the quote game and have entire conversations using quotes from Star Wars. This has only happened since the release of Episode III, so all of this is truly in the name of Revenge of the Sith.

I've also ended up with the character of Obi Wan in my head at all times. I cannot get away from him. This is why I sometimes slip into Obi Wan speech. You might notice how I sometimes phrase things rather odd, this is due largely to Obi in my head and also to the fact that I'm just weird to begin with.

kalsemo
Originally posted by obiwills
This has only happened since the release of Episode III, so all of this is truly in the name of Revenge of the Sith.

EXACTLY my experience!!!!! stick out tongue stick out tongue

Darth JLRTENJAC
I saw it 3 times twice for free big grin and once at the theater I don't work at.

kalsemo
Originally posted by obiwills
I've seen it 8 times in the theater, and am going to see it at least 3 more times if at all possible!

Cool, so its its still showing where you are?

amity75
You are sick. Obviously I just made that bit up. happy

kalsemo
Originally posted by amity75
Obviously I just made that bit up. happy

I know you made that up, duh! You are sick for writing it!! stick out tongue

jainasolo55
I've seen it 11 times so far i keep all the tickets too of course smile

Sir Mist
However, I haven't come accross a thread JUST about ROTS in which everyone posts the silly/stupid/obessive things they have done in the name of ROTS.....
stick out tongue

I took a photo of my ticket and the 'Now showing' poster at the cinema on my phonedroolio

Im modding my PC ROTS style no expression

I need to get out more.

Darth Plagueis
I put a big hunk of meat on my back deck.

Every hot summer night,
we watch...

as it ROTS.

or something......

kalsemo
Originally posted by Darth Plagueis
I put a big hunk of meat on my back deck.

Every hot summer night,
we watch...

as it ROTS.

or something......

haha.................... NOT!!!!!!!!

Darth Plagueis
meh...who asked you.

Stunrun

kalsemo
Originally posted by Stunrun
What have you done in the name of ROTS?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/Stunrun/Picture251.jpg

laughing laughing

Boris
Nothing, I saw the movie, and will buy the DvD, other than that, nada.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.