Harry Potter 4=$$$$$$$$

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Murray
Did you know that Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire is the most exspensive movie ever made?!

It's now ranked up over $300 million so far!

surprise

Murray
What do you guys think?

Imperial_Samura
Wow, that's pretty impressive, but it hasn't been hyped up like, say, Titanic was. Perhaps they realise now budget is no worthy replacement for story, or acting or any of those other good things.

Director_Joe
Hm... Seems like unnecessary expenditures for one movie... I mean, check out the (was) top ten most expensive films ever made:

Lord of the Rings (2001) 300 mill
Titanic (1997) 200 mill
Dinosaur (2000) 200 mill
Waterworld (1995) 175 mill
Wild Wild West (1999) 175 mill
Speed 2 (1997) 150 mill
Armageddon (1998) 150 mill
Lethal Weapon 4 (1998) 140 mill
Pearl Harbor (2001) 140 mill
Final Fantasy (2001) 140 mill

My question is, 'where does the money go'? Not into the movie I'm supposing... The actors probably are starting to ask for more money...

Director_Joe
Originally posted by Director_Joe
Hm... Seems like unnecessary expenditures for one movie... I mean, check out the (was) top ten most expensive films ever made:

Lord of the Rings (2001) 300 mill
Titanic (1997) 200 mill
Dinosaur (2000) 200 mill
Waterworld (1995) 175 mill
Wild Wild West (1999) 175 mill
Speed 2 (1997) 150 mill
Armageddon (1998) 150 mill
Lethal Weapon 4 (1998) 140 mill
Pearl Harbor (2001) 140 mill
Final Fantasy (2001) 140 mill

Lord of the Rings is the only other movie to spend that much...and that's understandable... It's an epic film... Now, I'm not putting down the Potter films, but they haven't had the best track record, if you take my meaning...

My question is, 'where does the money go'? Not into the movie I'm supposing... The actors probably are starting to ask for more money...

My mistake, hit quote instead of edit....

Raven Guardia
wow thats a lot of money, I cant wait to see it......but I was looking at some pictures and it looks like they are do lots of special effects due to the tournament and all. But LOTR was filmed not in England though it was filmed in New Zealand which would of added to the cost of making the movie.

hotsauce6548
Wow... over 300 million? Seems like it mainly goes to the CGI. I expect we'll be seeing a lot of it in the movie.

zac_j
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
Wow, that's pretty impressive, but it hasn't been hyped up like, say, Titanic was. Perhaps they realise now budget is no worthy replacement for story, or acting or any of those other good things.

The reasons that I know of are Salary, Special Effects, Computer Animation, Advertizing, Shipping, And maybe money to JK.

The Ones
and building the sets the shoots cost alot aswell and i read the budget was 170 mil not 300

Pielover666
Originally posted by zac_j
The reasons that I know of are Salary, Special Effects, Computer Animation, Advertizing, Shipping, And maybe money to JK.

J.K. Rowling is not being paid for the movies anymore. She was only paid before thefirst one, as she sold the Movie Rights to Warner Bros.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.