Dooku killing Anakin?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Redeemer
I have watched this several times, and on Episode III, Dooku has a perfect chance to kill Anakin, but resists!

After Dooku says "You have hate, you have anger but you don't use them", He puts his lightsaber up and has a chance to swing down at Anakin, but doesn't! He waits until Anakin hits his lightsaber and then they continue to fight.

I think Dooku was resisting to kill Anakin the entire fight, but why?

SS_181st_Snow
Palpy told him to.

Lil Krueger
^Correct! But there are idiots who thinks otherwise

Redeemer
Originally posted by SS_181st_Snow
Palpy told him to.

That is one of the aspects. There is several speculations on why Dooku held back on that fight. I believe alot of them. I can't make a desicion, though.

Darth Chronos
The process, among Sith is to hold back until the opponent who is fought gives into his deepest hatred and strikes the Sith down, palpy told Dooku so, probably.

The same thing happened to Luke, Vader held back and forced Luke to use his rage to defeat Vader, only Luke turned away from the dark side after he realised the "Deja Vu'' when vader cut of his hand at cloud city, he did the same to him...

cameron666
Palpatine was planning on making anakin the new Sith apprentice, Dooku knew that. Dooku was going to settle down for the rest of his life after anakin turned. But treachery is the way of the sith.

Dooku's "mission" from Palpatne was to kill Obi-wan, the only one who really was close to anakin, then be captured by anakin. But sidious planned o have him killed all along.

Ani's Girl
According to the book by Mathew Stover, which was supposedly based on GL's movie and storyline itself, Cameron is correct. Palps/Sideous told Dooku to kill Obi, let Anakin take him prisoner. Anakin was to be recruited.

That's why you see the look that you do on Dooku's face when Anakin has the blades crossed at his throat and Palps says "kill him".

DarkC
Originally posted by Redeemer
I have watched this several times, and on Episode III, Dooku has a perfect chance to kill Anakin, but resists!

After Dooku says "You have hate, you have anger but you don't use them", He puts his lightsaber up and has a chance to swing down at Anakin, but doesn't! He waits until Anakin hits his lightsaber and then they continue to fight.

I think Dooku was resisting to kill Anakin the entire fight, but why?
Palpatine told him do. He was pretty much planning Dooku's death the entire time.

bilb
Originally posted by DarkC
Palpatine told him do. He was pretty much planning Dooku's death the entire time.

yes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.