Raw Rage: Maul versus Anakin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gryn Jabar
ROTS Anakin (Legs and all!) versus Maul. I've searched, and I haven't seen this particular fight.

Rayvann Sadow
Anakin for reasons I am to lazy to type up.

ESB-1138
Anakin would win. He had the upper hand most of the fight against Obi-Wan in ROTS and had 3 years of war to increase hi skills.
Obi was more then a match for Maul when he was a Padawan and Obi-Wan was on the defense against Anakin and Obi was using form IV the same form he used against Maul. Don't believe me on that look it up or just watch the fight. Form IV has jumps and spins and Obi was doing a lot of spinning and he had more trouble with Anakin then he did with Maul.
Anakin wins.

Apex
Despite popular believe Maul does have a good chance of winning this.

Anakin may have more raw talent but his rage was uncontrollable at times and cost him quite a few limbs.

Maul being trained since infancy in the ways of the darkside knew how to better handle his rage and control it. He was also manipulative and could probably egg Anakin on like he did Obi-Wan in TPM, and ultimately defeat him

Maul was smarter than what we give him credit for. He tricked Qui-Gon a Jedi master, and then baited Obi-Wan and could have killed him.

He successfully defeated two decent Jedi, and is the only person in the PT to realisticaly fight more than one opponent and school them both. Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan had trained together for years, and not only did he fight them at once, but was able to control the fight. He threw kicks, flips and everything at those two and beat them, he also used the terrain to his advantage, and took out the master then the apprentice strategically.

Maul was very skilled in the art of combat and not enough people realize it, he was also a good military strategist as well, he dictated the whole blockade of Naboo, and it only failed because he was too focused on slaying Jedi to command his fleet properly in the end. Sidious told him to create a blockade, but he was the one that orchestrated everything.

Anakin might win, but Maul I think has the upper hand.

Nai Fohl
Originally posted by Apex
Maul was very skilled in the art of combat and not enough people realize it, he was also a good military strategist as well, he dictated the whole blockade of Naboo, and it only failed because he was too focused on slaying Jedi to command his fleet properly in the end. Sidious told him to create a blockade, but he was the one that orchestrated everything.

Where did you get that from ? In TPM the blockade of Naboo was already installed when Sidious introduced Maul. In fact Maul is only on Naboo because he followed the two Jedi.

Back to the topic: Anakin will take Maul. He kicked quite some people around in ROTS (including Cin Drallig) and he is just too fast for Maul. Or making it easier: ROTS Obi-Wan would kill Maul, ROTS Anakin is better in terms of sheer lightsaber combat.

Apex
The blockade was in place, but Maul ran it. In an old book I have called Maul's journal. It talks about how Maul let the confontation with the Jedi cloud his judgement and allow for the Naboo fighters to succesfully penatrate the blockade.

Darth_Janus
*Hands out tissue for the writer of such a work, since it obviously beats off to Maul's supposed greatness*

I'm starting more and more to agree with the SW purists' viewpoint. Some EU is beyond ****ed up.

Apex
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
*Hands out tissue for the writer of such a work, since it obviously beats off to Maul's supposed greatness*

I'm starting more and more to agree with the SW purists' viewpoint. Some EU is beyond ****ed up.

It's wrote by Jude Watson and it doesn't really make Maul out to be a great warrior but it mainly focuses on his relationship with Palpatine. It talks about how he trained Maul to be mistake free and ultimately failed.

It's really a kids book I had back in the 6th Grade but it was interesting.

DarthMaul9123
darth maul of course

Darth_Janus
Well, I may be mistaken, but anyways, I think a lot of Eu needs to be under limitations, since it always seems to be championing some person or another. It's like the author lives out his ego through the character of his choice. Stupid really. Like NJo Luke. That is a prime example of how fan worship can go mad.

Darth_Glentract
i dont think is Anakin is better in pure lightsaber combat. I forget the name of the guy who said that, but he is a dumbass in my book. Being smart enough to use terrain to you advantage and out-think your opponents is part of LS combat. Obi-wan is better in everything except raw potential.

Anakin might have this fight, but I think I am going to give it to Maul. In the fight in TMP, he had already fought a lot of Sand People who had ambushed him. His leg was hurt during that fight. Without that injury he could probably take Anakin.

Darth_Janus
You mean somebody went ahead and said that Maul was already winded and wounded from earlier?

Wow, talk about stacking the deck for your favorite sith...

DarthMaul9123
true true glentract knows this

Darth_Glentract
sorry, you guys made like four posts while i was typing. that was directed at Nai

DarthMaul9123
woah type faster

Darth_Janus
Next they'll be saying Yoda lost the fight with Sidious because he had to kill a million clone troopers to get to Sidious' office.

Ridiculous.

Apex
I've never read NJO, but people seem pretty upset about it. From what I've heard which is mostly on this forum it seems like Luke made some adjustments to the Order reformed it and it's more leniant.

He has unbelieveable powers, but aren't those are only because he studies a different aspect of the force or so I thought.

One reason why Qui-Gon wasn't on the council, he followed the living force, but the council looked down upon that area of the force. If I had the source I could go all into it, but its late and I'm tired.

Admiral Akbar
lol

Darth_Glentract
You mean somebody went ahead and said that Maul was already winded and wounded from earlier?

Wow, talk about stacking the deck for your favorite sith...

in the same book that other guy was talking about it said that Maul wounded his leg when he was ambushed.

Darth_Glentract
Apex, all Jedi use the living force. Then there are NJO crackheads using the Unifying Force.

Darth_Janus
Yeah, and I'm sure Maul fought eight jedi ebfore QGJ, and that totally explains why he didn't react when he saw Obi-Wan fly up and saber his ass.

Damn fanboys with publishers.

DarthMaul9123
haha crack heads....... just like the crackhead on your picture

Apex
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
in the same book that other guy was talking about it said that Maul wounded his leg when he was ambushed.

Yeah it did say that. It says he was in his Sith Infiltrator( his ship, that's what's called) on a mission, cloacked, but Gamorrean pirates hacked his cloaking device and tried to steal it. Maul kills all of them on their ship and sustains a leg injury.

Although Palpatine who finishes the book because Maul is dead says the injury didn't really matter in the fight. Palp said Maul was at his best when he fought and lost because he got cocky and then it goes on to say that palpatine would make sure his next apprentice was mistake free.

Darth_Glentract
hmmm. i guess i forgot that part.

Rayvann Sadow
WTF is the difference? Of Living force and Unifying force?

DarthMaul9123
there is none

Darth_Janus
Yeah it did say that. It says he was in his Sith Infiltrator( his ship, that's what's called) on a mission, cloacked, but Gamorrean pirates hacked his cloaking device and tried to steal it. Maul kills all of them on their ship and sustains a leg injury.

Although Palpatine who finishes the book because Maul is dead says the injury didn't really matter in the fight. Palp said Maul was at his best when he fought and lost because he got cocky and then it goes on to say that palpatine would make sure his next apprentice was mistake free.

Gamorreans hijacked his ride and injuried his leg?

Darth_Glentract
or is there?

Apex
hmmm. i guess i forgot that part.

I only remember because I have the book right in front of me.

STAR WARS Episode 1 Journal: Darth Maul.

I also have Padme and Anakin's journals as well.

Apex
Gamorreans hijacked his ride and injuried his leg?

They tried to, hold on a second and I'll find the exact part.

Darth_Janus
Darth Janus' Journal:

Day 145...

Just found out Maul got fekked up by Gamorreans. He drops down to about ANH Luke's level now...

Darth_Glentract
same here. and hans and lukes and leia's

well, not in front of me

Apex
My bad its not Gamorreans but its Togorians, what ever the hell those are.

Rayvann Sadow
Darth Janus' Journal:

Day 145...

Just found out Maul got fekked up by Gamorreans. He drops down to about ANH Luke's level now...
laughing

DarthMaul9123
darth janus journal day 1 found out im the most retarded person on earth and all my jokes are corney

Darth_Janus
WTF would Togorians be doing on Tatooine?

Darth_Glentract

probably trying to to get back to Neverland Ranch.

Rayvann Sadow
Originally posted by DarthMaul9123
darth janus journal day 1 found out im the most retarded person on earth and all my jokes are corney
mad

DarthMaul9123
togorians on tatooine?? whats this a fairy tale

Darth_Janus
Togotians are large catlike creatures. The males are pretty primitive and live for the hunt. They have a code of honor and do not utilize technology much.

So yeah, that author is full of shit.

Darth_Janus

Darth_Glentract
they are basicly scaled up wookies in size, but stupid

Darth_Glentract
Togotians are large catlike creatures.

What's up with all the warrior cats. Noghiri and now Togorians.

DarthMaul9123
janus im gunna choke laughing

Admiral Akbar

eh! that was my picture.... embarrasment

Darth_Janus

Admiral Akbar
lol.

Darth_Janus
Originally posted by Admiral Akbar
eh! that was my picture.... embarrasment

Yes, but it is THE picture. It rules.

DarthMaul9123
o well ok i thought it was him because his jokes suck you know

Admiral Akbar
Yes, but it is THE picture. It rules.

big grin

Admiral Akbar

?

Darth_Glentract
holy crap. this thread has gotten like thirty posts in ten minutes

Darth_Janus

DarthMaul9123
holy crap your smart

directed to glentract

Apex

Okay heres the story.

Maul was on his way to Tatooine from somewhere were he was talking to Sidious, and on his way three he mets a ship with a distress signal and ignores it but is surrounded by Togarian pirates, supposedly "the most fierce in the galaxy and expert pilots." As said by his master Sidious.

They fire on the Infiltrator and he stops in space waiting for them to board his vessel. The book says they didn't destroy it because they wanted Maul's ship. It says he could escape but he wasn't going to let them have his ship so he lands it in their ships docking bay and boards their vessel kills them and in the mix of things gets hit on the leg, when he gets hit, it shows a quote like he's remembering and he's thinking about Sidious telling him don't show pain if your enemy hits you. He kills all of them even though he's in a hurry to get to Tatooine to catch the Queen, and her company, which is Qui, Anakin, Obi, and etc. It has a whole chapter about how he knew mechanics and has an expert in combat, which his master taught him.

Darth_Janus
Author's fulla shit.

Rayvann Sadow
Maul is a mechanic?

Admiral Akbar
. . .

Darth_Janus
holy crap your smart

directed to glentract

Holy crap!

DarthMaul9123
janus you showed me an awsome picture about grammar time so no no fulla's or wierd words

Apex
Author's fulla shit.

This thread is a mess...

You have to read it to understand it. It shows you how Sidious trained Maul, and talks about their relationship which is kind of a father, son thing. I like it anyway. It was better than Padme's and kid Anakin's journal.

@Rayvann Sadow
No Maul's not mechanic he knows about mechanics like Anakin.

Darth_Glentract
can someone give me a good name for Revan in the KOTOR story?

Darth_Janus
How about this one?

Darth_Janus

Try the random name generator for the game.

Or try something unique.

Rayvann Sadow

Luke Skywalker...just jokeing...um how bout...ahh Tyran Korr.

Darth_Glentract
All I got was Crev Tris

Darth_Janus
This thread is a mess...

You have to read it to understand it. It shows you how Sidious trained Maul, and talks about their relationship which is kind of a father, son thing. I like it anyway. It was better than Padme's and kid Anakin's journal.

@Rayvann Sadow
No Maul's not mechanic he knows about mechanics like Anakin.

And no, back to my point, togorians were already established before this was written. For the author of this journal to say that togoriansd are fierce pirates of whatever is unsupported bullshit.

Rayvann Sadow
All I got was Crev Tris

Ugh...that's sounds like crap.

Admiral Akbar
Y-Obi Menobi

Darth_Janus
All I got was Crev Tris

Adol

Darth_Glentract
Togorians almost never leave thier world. I liked them in the Han Solo Trilogy, I think that is when they were introduced.

Darth_Janus
It was. Glad someone else read that besides me.

Darth_Glentract
Jakuu Reytal

Darth_Glentract
Cregan Corandel
Treg Thont
Zhorin Singh
Predor Luss

Apex
confused Well if that's the case I don't know what to tell you, this is SW. Writers tend to contradict each other, although he does say they are Togarian pirates which may mean they left their world to be pirates, but oh well, obviously these writers need to get their shit together because this is ridiculus.

Rayvann Sadow
Tyran Korr

Darth_Janus
Apex, that was my point. Being a bit hazy is one thing, blatantly contradicting one another is something else.

Darth_Glentract
Johfa Beaus

Darth_Glentract
Apex, that was my point. Being a bit hazy is one thing, blatantly contradicting one another is something else.

Another problem with NJO books. In Traitor I was a little confused because Jacen had decided not to use the force anymore like a week earlier and then he is like, "Hey Vong Baby. Come here and let me use the force-you are-no-longer-immune to and I'm gonna Eff you up."

Apex

I think we can all agree on that.

Darth_Glentract
Anyone like any of the names?

Darth_Janus
Another problem with NJO books. In Traitor I was a little confused because Jacen had decided not to use the force anymore like a week earlier and then he is like, "Hey Vong Baby. Come here and let me use the force-you are-no-longer-immune to and I'm gonna Eff you up."

NJO is a heap of cow shit, dude.

Darth_Glentract
I liked it when it came out. I have all the books, two in hardcover because I couldnt wait for paperbacks to come out.

Darth_Janus

Revan's name should have meaning. Go with something that means something else.

Rayvann Sadow
What does "Revan" mean anyway?

Darth_Janus
Nothing.

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by Rayvann Sadow
What does "Revan" mean anyway?

huh? its just a name...

Rayvann Sadow
Well I know it "means" nothing, but I cannot help but wonder how they came up with it. When I first saw it I thought it was Raven.

Darth_Glentract
Heart Force is Forza di cuore in Italian.

Darth_Glentract
Naroda is genius in Czech
Sofov is wise in ancient Greek

Naroda Sofov?

Admiral Akbar
they came up with many of the star wars names from the roots or syllables of other latin/ancient words.

Rayvann Sadow
Forza di coure? I'm sorry but I just can't see Revan being called that.

Admiral Akbar
eeew

Darth_Glentract
I didnt think that one through.

Aristos is "the best" in Anceint Greek

Epignosis is "True Knowledge" in Anceint Greek

Darth_Janus
Pallas

Darth_Glentract
wow. this is harder thani thought it would be.

Darth_Glentract
Anagennao is "Born Again" in Ancient Greek.

Darth Faunus

Meh, you have to be a tad bit more original. You can use these words as bases, but you shouldn't go off using the same ones. For example, Sidious/insidious, Traya/betrayal, Nihilus/nihil, etc.

joeyvermont
Tyranus/tyrant

DarthMaul9123
sith names mean things that you wouldnt suspect ....revan is revenge Maul is like mauling somebody vader is violence and malak is malace and sidiouse is sinister and exar kun is execution sith get evil names

DarthMaul9123
go to behind the senes stuff itl tell you

Rayvann Sadow
sith names mean things that you wouldnt suspect ....revan is revenge Maul is like mauling somebody vader is violence and malak is malace and sidiouse is sinister and exar kun is execution sith get evil names

Revan is revenge? Where did you get this?

Captain REX

Not close enough, and full of spelling errors. stick out tongue

Revan = Revenge
Malak = Malice
Maul = Maul
Vader = Dutch for Father
Sidious = Insidious
Traya = Betrayal
Sion = ' ' for heir
Nihilus = Nihilism

Go look em up. Exar Kun means crap, that's his name, not his Darth title. He didn't have one.

I put my money on Maul, his rage wouldn't get the better of him, just his cockiness.

joeyvermont
dont forget tyranus, tyrant

Gryn Jabar
and, according to SS, Darth Porcupine. Wow, I can't believe this has 100+ posts in less then 24 hrs.

DarthMaul9123
how can we forget

Redeemer
Originally posted by Captain REX
Not close enough, and full of spelling errors. stick out tongue

Revan = Revenge
Malak = Malice
Maul = Maul
Vader = Dutch for Father
Sidious = Insidious
Traya = Betrayal
Sion = ' ' for heir
Nihilus = Nihilism

Go look em up. Exar Kun means crap, that's his name, not his Darth title. He didn't have one.

I put my money on Maul, his rage wouldn't get the better of him, just his cockiness.

Tyranus = Tyrant
Dooku = Doku which is "Poison" in Japanese.
Malak = Malak without "K" which is "Mala" which apparently means "Jawless" in some language.

DarthMaul9123
you could go with malice

Nai Fohl
Just to mention it: "Vader" doesn't come from the dutch word for farther...that was taken from "invader".

Darth L. Dipsit
Not "farther" but "father" I think - as in papa.

Nai Fohl
Yes Dipsit. That was just typed too fast...

Darth L. Dipsit
Okay, sorry about that - I wouldn't have said anything, of course, if I were sure, but since it was a word, I just wanted to comment. Thanks for setting me straight.

Nai Fohl
No problem there, Dipsit.
If I would have got that wrong (the word "farther" not "father"wink I'd have appreciated that comment of yours.

darthsith19
Anakin (but not by much)

Baston Alveron
i would like to say maul but i have to go with anikan

DarthMaul9123
me 2 but maul is the best ....not many cool zabraks out there plus agen kolar was zabrak and hes ugly as .... well you get my point

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.