Spiderman's toughest enemy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Venom15
I say Venom.

Doc Ock
I want to know WHY you say Venom.

Don't just come in and say a name and then scamper.

What makes Venom the TOUGHEST??? Explain please.

Dazzler619
It's a tie between GG,Doc Ock,Lizard, Venom, and Carnage

Spiderman_RJ
he enfrented thanos so (and died with all marvel heroes in secret wars 2 or 3 ), its him and no one else.

Phoenix2001
I would say Venom because he's always one step ahead of Spider-Man, or that's how it usually ends up.

Physically Venom is Spider-Man's toughest villian, for 1. He can block his Spider-sense, 2. He can beat Spider-Man in an arm wrestling contest any day, and 3. He beats the hell out of him everytime they face-off, and Spider-Man has to come up with some plan to lure him into a trap.

Carnage is a different story. I know he's done more than Venom could ever do, but Spider-Man has fought Venom twice as many times as he has fought Carnage, and Carnage is more or less Venom's rival than Spider-Man's rival.

willRules
Green Goblin. He keeps coming back. If they ever did make the last ever Spidey comic, it would be Peter Parker vs Norman Osborn. They are complete polar opposite arch enemies. Norman is always trying to ruin Spider-man's life and Spidey does what he does best, just bounce right back up...........

lil pimp
Carnage never holds back if he dont like you he kills you!

braz
i gotta disagree with every1 here n say Doc Ock...that fool couldve killed spiderman soo many times in SM 2...like when he knocked him out with his metal tentacle claw thingies n then took him to Harry Osborn...n i remember watchin Doc Ock when i was like 4 or 5 on Spiderman when i was little....he scared the sh** out of me...ionno why, but he just did...i always found him intimidating as hell to me

doctorstrongbad
I think you should of given us some more choices on this poll. What about the Lizard or Sandman?

lil pimp
doc ock to me looks like a geek with tenticals! beer

willRules
Sandman got killed by Venom, Lizard is essentially (deep down) a friend of Spidey's. Venom is a bigger, better version of spidey, Carnage is a bigger better version of Venom. This is why I think it is Green Goblin. Thats Norman Osborn. He was the worst. He had no aims except to ruin Spideys life and if it weren't for Peters uncanny ability to survive..............well Pete would already be six feet under...........

Doc Ock
Originally posted by lil pimp
doc ock to me looks like a geek with tenticals! beer

That's exactly what he is smokin'

That's what makes him so awesome.Peter Parker is the geek gone good.Otto Octavius is the geek gone bad.

And Venom is overrated,overused,and has had more crappy stories than any Spidey villain EVER!!!!

TheVileOne
You guys need to stop acting stupid!Goblin and Ock are spider-Man two most dangerous foes.Start believing it

Now all we need is Sym coming into this thread and prasing how great Carnage is. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Next Venom_girl
How many of these polls do we have now? wacko

lil pimp
You got a problem with that biaaach evil face I happen to like carnage fool!!!!

Next Venom_girl
EDIT

TheVileOne
Originally posted by lil pimp
You got a problem with that biaaach evil face I happen to like carnage fool!!!!

Don't act stupid,I would hope your parents raised your better.

Doc Ock
TheVileOne you have done nothing but insult people since you joined.

Cut it out or you'll be banned.

lil pimp
Yo vilenone how did you come up with such a cheezy a$$ name let me gues you just geek right!! devil

lil pimp
Listen to my boy doc ock before I make you look stupid fool!! smokin'

TheVileOne
Originally posted by Doc Ock
TheVileOne you have done nothing but insult people since you joined.

Cut it out or you'll be banned.

Doc Ock stuff it with your Hollier then thou attidude.You should now me by now,I don't insult,I just don't put up with ignorant people.

Doc Ock, if the mods feel I should be banned, go right ahead.

Doc Ock
Oh believe me they will.

Just look at you.You have insulted Symbiotica 3 times since you joined yesterday and she hasn't even been on-line here.

Troll in the truest sense of the word.

TheVileOne
Since when did you become her mouth piece??

Sym will just respond when im long gone like she normaly does.

She wants no piece of this BADASS CRITIC(Michael Jackson's Bad song plays) Happy Dance

Next Venom_girl
Don't feed the troll. spam_laser

Doc Ock
Originally posted by Next Venom_girl
Don't feed the troll. spam_laser

Yeah I know.

But it's fun sometimes evil face

Anyway he'll be banned soon.Might as well enjoy it while he's still around wink

lil pimp
Yeah I know.

how you know he's going to be banned Im having fun making him look stupid evil face

TheVileOne
Yeah I know.

These people might not,but you and I Ock will cross paths again.

Its not wise and foolish to cross paths with a BADASS CRITIC( Michael Jackson's Bad song plays on my way out) Happy Dance

Doc Ock
Originally posted by TheVileOne
These people might not,but you and I Ock will cross paths again.

Yeah I still have the 'pleasure' of his company on SHH.

He doesn't have the balls to act like this there.They don't tolerate it big grin

Though neither do the MOD's here.

lil pimp
this sh*thead again no vilenone just stop while your not ahead

TheVileOne
Yeah I still have the 'pleasure' of his company on SHH.

He doesn't have the balls to act like this there.They don't tolerate it big grin

Though neither do the MOD's here.

Balls??I have balls of steel to act like how ever I want to and anywhere. evil face

You have to have balls made of steel when your a BADASS CRITIC(Michael Jackson's Bad Plays) Happy Dance

willRules
I don't like this poll. Where is Norman Osborn GG? He was a better opponent than Harry...............

TheVileOne
Where is little Sym at??Painting Carnage statues,perhaps. stick out tongue

TheVileOne
Originally posted by willRules
I don't like this poll. Where is Norman Osborn GG? He was a better opponent than Harry...............

Venom and Carnage are on this poll to,so it shows how legit this thing is. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Please don't be blind and stupid at the same time.

spideyboy 1111
I'll pick GG,Ock,then Venom.

willRules
Originally posted by TheVileOne
Venom and Carnage are on this poll to,so it shows how legit this thing is. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Please don't be blind and stupid at the same time.

Please. Venom and Carnage are powerful brutes. Norman Osborn may not be as strong as them but he has made it more personal than any villain. He is totally committed to ruining Peter's life through his intelligence and his cunning......................

Phoenix2001
But both Venom and Carnage have, none the less, proven to cause more problems than most, time and time again.

willRules
Oh don't get my wrong, I agree that they are cool bad guys and everything, I just feel that GG is a worse villain...........

MuffinmanMike
I say the Lizard. He is, essentially, Peters friend.

willRules
Originally posted by MuffinmanMike
I say the Lizard. He is, essentially, Peters friend.

That is a good point

wierddreamer213
Osborn...becaue of his role as a F-up fairy as much as a Green Goblin. look at the list.

Stole Gwen Stacy from Peter and impregnated her. that one would hurt even if it wasn't a super villian
Killed off Gwen Stacy...
Drove his own son, and peter's friend insane... (possibly inadvertantly but hey...)
Inadvertantly killed Harry Osborn (though he could've cared less about his first born)
Turned Gwen Stacy's children agianst Peter, grooming them in a Goblin Youth program...
POssibly kidnaped MJ's unborn child...or caused the miss carage or whatever...whole plane crash....you know that whole bit there. kinda rusty in that area myself...

willRules
Originally posted by wierddreamer213
Osborn...becaue of his role as a F-up fairy as much as a Green Goblin. look at the list.

Stole Gwen Stacy from Peter and impregnated her. that one would hurt even if it wasn't a super villian
Killed off Gwen Stacy...
Drove his own son, and peter's friend insane... (possibly inadvertantly but hey...)
Inadvertantly killed Harry Osborn (though he could've cared less about his first born)
Turned Gwen Stacy's children agianst Peter, grooming them in a Goblin Youth program...
POssibly kidnaped MJ's unborn child...or caused the miss carage or whatever...whole plane crash....you know that whole bit there. kinda rusty in that area myself...

Thank you. I agree entirely with these reasons.

dotuk
Definitely not Venom. Got to be Spider Carnage. He has all Spidey's powers, all those of a Symbiote, and Cletus Cassidy's secrets. He's just deadly.

Cascador
I don't have all comics of spider-man but I've got pretty much and if I compare the fighting of Venom and Carnage it seems that carnage is the most difficult one....he's not my favourite villain...but if you seem them fighting, spidey has a tough time. The symbiont costume of Carnage seems to be more capable of things, like spitting stabbing weapons extending his arms etc...there was a comic where Carnage was almost eating symbionts and became stronger and larger with every symbiont he ate.

Marcus4600
Toughest, as in hardest to beat would be Venom. Spidey has never actually fist-fought Venom and whipped him, because he knows that he can't. He gave it a good shot in Finale, but he got interrupted. Venom has even beat Parker to the point of near-death, but walked away saying that he didn't want Parker to die a hero. I mean, Venom has taken on guys much stronger than him and won. (Hulk, Juggernaut, The Thing, Carnage to name a few) He's definately toughest in that perspective. Most determined and obsessive goes to Gobby, and smartest goes to Ock. To be honest though, if there's any Spidey villain that Parker saw come out of any alley, and he were scared, it would be Venom.

DBZ MAN
um..Morlun for he is the only guy to have killed Spider-man laughing
AND NO, GOBLIN GLIDER DOESN'T COUNT! lol

Cascador
I don't even know who morlun is...

Sparkz
Frankly it is the Green Goblin (Norman Osborn) As it is frequentaly stated by Spider-man he is his greatest enemy.

Just look at it

he turns out to be his best friends dad,

he actuly came up with a forumla to dull his spider-sense so he could find out who he was, most villains just try to kill him

he got gwen stacy preggnant

he killed gwen

he comes back and kills ben reily revealing he made Peter think he was a clone and maniuplating his life for 5 years from the side lines

Turns a whole city against him for that 5 milion

trys to turn peter into his rightful heir and the next GG

Kidnpas Aunt May for a year

Causes Mary Janes misscarrige

Kidnaps Aunt May again and makes him break him out of prison

Nearly kills Mary Jane the same way he killed Gwen

Blames the death of gwen on Spider-man on TV by saying Spidey drove him insane

Paralysed Flash

And thats all I can think of, but you see he has done far more to him than venom would or will. All Venom has ever done is scare MJ and stalk Petey, don't get me wrong he is an awsome character and Def more powerful than GG but he isn't spider-man's greatest enemy.

Now Doc Ock is the first villain to realy humilate Spider-man, hell Doc Ock and spider-man are more rivals, just look at it, doc ock cures peter from a deadly virus, goes out of his way to make him unmask himself, and peter will go and beat ock making it as humliating as possible.

Now Carnage is a much tougher enmey to beat than venom Spider-Man has never beaten him by himself, where as he has done with Venom sure through tricks and stuff but other than that he can handle Venom by himself.

So basicly no1) is GG because he is relentless to destroy Spider-man's life

no2) Venom tough to beat and hates spider-man he just wants to kill him, but dosent realy want to destroy his life or his loved ones (unless bad writing is involved)

no3) Doc Ock because of their rivalry

No4) Carnage because hes just tough to beat but couldn't care less if he never saw Spidey Again.

No5) just for a rnd number, morlun after all he did kill him lol.

Doc Ock
Originally posted by Sparkz

Now Doc Ock is the first villain to realy humilate Spider-man, hell Doc Ock and spider-man are more rivals, just look at it, doc ock cures peter from a deadly virus, goes out of his way to make him unmask himself, and peter will go and beat ock making it as humliating as possible.

Good post.You know your facts,but just let me add to this part here (I am an Ock expert wink )

Octavius cured Peter,so he could be the one to kill him in a grand and glorious battle.

I thought that was a really cool plot.So twisted.Saving someone from dying so you can kill them yourself lol.It's Ock's ego,he wants to be the one to kill Spidey.

Also if you're mentioning some of Ock's most deadly deeds,I'll also refer you to the 7 part arc in SSM where Ock nearly blew up New York,trashed the Owl,beat the Black Cat within an inch of her life,then tried to finish her and Spider-Man off in the hospital where Black Cat was recovering from her injuries.
Spider-Man was so sure Ock was going to kill him,that before the battle Peter went and said good bye to all his friends and loved ones.Awesome arc.One of my favs.

Marcus4600
Originally posted by DBZ MAN
um..Morlun for he is the only guy to have killed Spider-man laughing
AND NO, GOBLIN GLIDER DOESN'T COUNT! lol

Uh, lest we forget that the top 3 all could have if they wanted, but didn't. Morlun is honestly a bad attempt at a Eddie Brock substitute, and isn't much of a threat. Any other person that fought Morlun would own him. The great thing about the Top 3 spidey villains is that they're threats not just to Spidey, but to many other heroes. Ock can list off other heroes that Doctor Octopus has fought, and I know Venom has fought Hulk, the F4, the Avengers, and many others. I don't know much about Gobby either.

who?-kid
Morlun is imo the toughest. Spider-Man has fought for hours, gave everything he had, went apeshit on him, and Morlun didn't even budge. In the end, Morlun killed him.

Pretty tough dude if you ask me. He deserves a place in this list.

Sparkz
Good post.You know your facts,but just let me add to this part here (I am an Ock expert wink )

Octavius cured Peter,so he could be the one to kill him in a grand and glorious battle.

I thought that was a really cool plot.So twisted.Saving someone from dying so you can kill them yourself lol.It's Ock's ego,he wants to be the one to kill Spidey.

Also if you're mentioning some of Ock's most deadly deeds,I'll also refer you to the 7 part arc in SSM where Ock nearly blew up New York,trashed the Owl,beat the Black Cat within an inch of her life,then tried to finish her and Spider-Man off in the hospital where Black Cat was recovering from her injuries.
Spider-Man was so sure Ock was going to kill him,that before the battle Peter went and said good bye to all his friends and loved ones.Awesome arc.One of my favs.

yes well unfortunatly I never got see the reason as to why ock cured pete, I missed the last comic of that story sad and iv never read that arc either lol, but hey good adding i like it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.