is god a polygamist?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Imlistening
does god have more than one wife, he would have to have more than one to have all those children, right?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Imlistening
does god have more than one wife, he would have to have more than one to have all those children, right?

This question is so strange I don't know how to answer it, so I will quote a Zen Buddhist friends of mine.

"Yes,... no,... maybe..."

smile

debbiejo
Myth gods have wives and children....othwise I think not...god doesn't have a sex..

finti
a sexless father then

debbiejo
I think they used the word father for familiarity just as some use the word mother god....Just imagine gods with bodies having sex, unless we are in fact them.

finti
jesus used father

debbiejo
Yeah, but it could be for people to think of it as something not to be feared and more familiar like....like a father..

Imperial_Samura
I thought God was all for celibacy and all that. Which now that I think about it would be odd. But eh.

Shakyamunison
Do gods have sex, what a silly question. You might as well ask if god masturbates. Then again, that might explain the Milky way. laughing out loud

Imperial_Samura
Ewww. Suddenly I'm not as anxious to explore space.

finti
so the NASA add "cum along into space" wont do the trick

debbiejo
laughing laughing out loud

I've always wanted to ride the space shuttle....I would if the price was right.

sonnet
Originally posted by debbiejo
laughing laughing out loud

I've always wanted to ride the space shuttle....I would if the price was right.
I would sugest some KY jellie....... to avoid to much friction.....those suits can be tricky. laughing

debbiejo
laughing out loud .....Whoooo...somebody's mind is in the gutter....hahahahaha

sonnet
laughing out loud .....Whoooo...somebody's mind is in the gutter....hahahahaha
Oh did I read to much into it??? Must be the hormones you know.... I seriously think that if you travel into space and look down on earth it must be a spiritual experience as well to be part of the universe up there.

debbiejo
laughing out loud laughing ....OHHHHHHH...I like your interpretation better.....hahaha

You would need a lot of KY jelly......lots and lots.....have to bring an extra capsule full.....

sonnet
laughing out loud laughing ....OHHHHHHH...I like your interpretation better.....hahaha

You would need a lot of KY jelly......lots and lots.....have to bring an extra capsule full.....
Me too...... Happy Dance

debbiejo
Originally posted by sonnet
Oh did I read to much into it??? Must be the hormones you know.... I seriously think that if you travel into space and look down on earth it must be a spiritual experience as well to be part of the universe up there.

You know, Edgar Mitchell the astronaut had a religious experience in space, but not a "Christian" one....he later founded an organization to promote it..

http://www.noetic.org/

On the way back from the moon Mitchell was able to look down at the whole Earth and experience something like an epiphany. In his own words: "The presence of divinity became almost palpable and I knew that life in the universe was not just an accident based on random processes. . . The knowledge came to me directly." 8. It was this experience to which Edgar Mitchell credits his thinking about consciousness and its relation to the body and all of humanity. Mitchell began to attempt to find others who shared his ideas that all things were interconnected through consciousness.

In 1972, he retired from the Navy as a captain and founded the Institute of Noetic Sciences March of 1973

A Secret Telepathy Experiment in Space
Mitchell describes that being in space looking down on Earth had a profound impact on his mind and his thoughts about man and our place in cosmos. But even before this moment, as he described as a "spontaneous epiphany experience", he was open-minded enough to perform a telepathy experiment without NASA knowing it during his Apollo mission in space.

This amusing information Edgar Mitchell admits in a radio interview with Art Bell for Coast-to-Coast AM in 1996 (Download info about the complete audio interview content). He had to do the experiment, which turned out to be very successful, secretly since NASA in those days where not too (openly) interested in neither Extraterrestrials nor paranormal phenomena.

Capt_Fantastic
Catholic nuns are often reffered to as "married to god"...so I guess he is a polygamist. And a rapist...a murderer...and one hell of a singer.

debbiejo
God can work miracles....so mysterious are the ways....Lovely voice....I've heard it.....OH....that was me. big grin

Imlistening
wow, some interesting and some not so interesting, kinda crude, but still funny to me, lol, i showed my friend and she was disgusted, she is a good mormon.

finti
what is a bad mormon???

debbiejo
wow, some interesting and some not so interesting, kinda crude, but still funny to me, lol, i showed my friend and she was disgusted, she is a good mormon.

I rather liked this thread.....I think it's a keeper....your friend needs to get a sense of humor.......give her a drink, then have her read it again... big grin laughing out loud

Then report back to us..

Imlistening
Originally posted by finti
what is a bad mormon???

good question, you would have to ask someone who is a mormon to really get a good idea of what their idea of a bad mormon is. i think that all mormons are misguided in the first place, along with almost all other religions. most people dont really follow thier religions fully, they take what they like and throw the rest out, or they change what church they go to.

finti
this indicates some aint misguided so who might that be?

Imlistening
Originally posted by finti
this indicates some aint misguided so who might that be?

buddhists

Shakyamunison
buddhists

laughing out loud

Imlistening
my dad was once a polygamist, and it sucked, my mom and step mom were always fighting. i wonder if gods wives fight over him too.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.