how old r each member of the x-men?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

spiderboy5
anybody know?

willRules
Most of them are probably in their twenties, but all comic book characters age at an incredibly slow rate.........

Creshosk
Originally posted by willRules
Most of them are probably in their twenties, but all comic book characters age at an incredibly slow rate......... Some of them even deage. . .

Jubilee was about 15 or so when she met Wolverine in Australia. . . She was 13 when she joined Gen X. . .

spiderboy5
arent some of the x-men in their thirties already?(except for wolverine of course)

Disappear
there are very few x-characters with established ages. currently, moonstar's 21 and rahne's 19. mathematically, that puts all of the new mutants in the 19-25 range, with karma being the oldest. the senior x-men are likely in their early thirties. however, due to the progression of time through the marvel universe, it's very hard to pin down any exact age without it being mentioned specifically in a comic. and, like creshock said, even that's unreliable at times.

munkiesarus
Emma has mentioned being "27", but that's in quotes for obvious reasons.

By the same writer, Grant Morrison has said, during his New X-Men run, that Professor Xavier is supposed to be 40, but I highly highly frown upon this.

Creshosk
Part of the problem is they don't age at the same rate we do. Otherwise if Cyclops was even a young teen of 13 when he first appeared then he'd be 55 now. . .

Which means that if Xavier were 18 during WW2, he'd be 36 in '63. . . he'd be 78 now.

Also, if they did have the same time flow then we'd get a glimpse into their lives once a month or so. Dramatic cliffhangers would be odd as the fights would have ended by the time the next issue comes out. . . but some battles can last for a couple of issues. . . a 3 month battle?

And other times a significant amount of time can pass within a few panels. . .

pr1983
Originally posted by Creshosk
Part of the problem is they don't age at the same rate we do. Otherwise if Cyclops was even a young teen of 13 when he first appeared then he'd be 55 now. . .

Which means that if Xavier were 18 during WW2, he'd be 36 in '63. . . he'd be 78 now.

Also, if they did have the same time flow then we'd get a glimpse into their lives once a month or so. Dramatic cliffhangers would be odd as the fights would have ended by the time the next issue comes out. . . but some battles can last for a couple of issues. . . a 3 month battle?

And other times a significant amount of time can pass within a few panels. . .

U got it right creshok...

to us its 60 odd years, but inside the comics themselves it could be significantly less...

xmarksthespot
Colossus was 18 when Shadowcat was 14 if I recall correctly. She looks about mid-twenties, which would put Colossus in his late twenties.
I doubt Emma Frost is actually 27, I'd say she's probably mid to late 30s like most of the original and second genesis X-Men.
I'd put Xavier at late 50s if not in his 60s.
Wolverine and Mystique are over a century old.
Jubilee? Who knows?

NoFate007
Now, I don't follow it exactly, but I always pictured them to be like this...

Cyclops - 31
Jean - 30
Jubilee - 15
Gambit - 28
Rogue - 27
Storm - 30
Xavier - 50
Magneto - 53
Wolverine - god knows how much, though he looks around 35

munkiesarus
I'd say Jubilee is older than 15 by now. Maybe hitting 17?

And Mystique revealed that she's "over 80 years old" in the latest X-Men issue.

spiderboy5
how old is wolverine? 100?

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by munkiesarus
I'd say Jubilee is older than 15 by now. Maybe hitting 17?
And Mystique revealed that she's "over 80 years old" in the latest X-Men issue.
I've seen pictures of an adult Mystique with a young Irene Adler, where they looked like they were in the late 19th century, or early 20th century, which to me makes her at least 100.

munkiesarus
Mhmm..I see what you mean with that. Horses and dirt roads is definitely beyond eighty. Milligan should have thought of that, or maybe it's an error on Claremont's part. No matter, just about 100 sounds right. After all, 100 is over eighty.

http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/8041/mystiqueirene19004fl.th.jpg

Disappear
xavier's at least 60, making juggernaut at least 62 or 63. jubilee, depending on the writer, is either closer to 15 or closer to 20. wolverine's age is up in the air, ranging from about 80 to 120, i think. we know he's much older than xavier and the rest of the x-men, at least.

magneto and xavier have both had their body's "rebooted" in one way or another, and have a vitality of someone at least a decade younger than they actually are.

willRules
Wolverine (According to the events in origin) is about 120 years old, however his healing factor retards his aging, giving him the physical abilities of a man in his thirties............

Jury
Fictitious characters don't age as real humans. stick out tongue

ayjay
OH MAAYN!!
there is SO totally a thread on this already...i know...cos i STARTED IT!...and then it died....sadwalk

spiderboy5
i feel sorry for u ayjay

metalmikey
im kinda curious about bishop and cable and deadpool..anyone know about the age of those 3?? from what i understand cable is a lot older than anyone in the x universe...

wannabe
Originally posted by munkiesarus
Mhmm..I see what you mean with that. Horses and dirt roads is definitely beyond eighty. Milligan should have thought of that, or maybe it's an error on Claremont's part. No matter, just about 100 sounds right. After all, 100 is over eighty.

http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/8041/mystiqueirene19004fl.th.jpg

You should not forget, that Mystique is already an adult on the 19th century picture, so it's pretty safe to add an additional 20 years...at least!

ayjay
i dunno about Deadpool's age....he was 'transforme' when he was adult, about high 20's 30?..he had fiance i think.....but yeah, due to his molecular instability, we can't know for sure now....

wolvie'sgirl
Wolverine's 125 years old......

wolvie'sgirl
Oh and Deadpool's fiance is a woman called Copycat.

ayjay
o0o koo koo thnx wolvie gurl ^__^

willRules
I thought that Copycat is dead? and that Deadpool fancies Siryn?

Wickerman
Exodus should technically be between 8 and 900 years old......seeing as how he was alive during the Crusades.

~wickerman~

ayjay
Originally posted by willRules
I thought that Copycat is dead? and that Deadpool fancies Siryn?
yeaah he kinda split with her when he was offered treatment for cancer with weapon X...and yeaah..iono went searching for her or sumtin...and then met siryn and was all like hubba hubba..and yeaah..i think thats it...i think...

Disappear
he's not older than wolverine, but might be older than the professor, though it's unlikely. he grew through adolescence in the future, came back sometime in his 20s, i believe, and starting messing around through the timestream. probably introduced himself to the new mutants when he was somewhere in his thirties, and he's gone from there. puts him, logically, around 40-45. never seen it written, though, so your guess is as good as mine.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.