Phenomenon (1996)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

T.M
i have had this for years on VHS and never watched it.

untill the other day. i really enjoyed it and though it is very underrated.

hell most of the people i have talked to haven't even heard of it.

if u haven't seen it here is the plot.

The main character (John Travolta) observes a strange light on his birthday at a bar. The following days he becomes very intelligent and puts the intelligence to good use in his community. When word gets around he becomes known as a freak and everyone wants to figure out why this happened to a car mechanic. The government also wants to get their hands on him to put it to other uses.

its a very good movie and i was wondering what everyone here thinks.

random task
i've seen this movie quite a few times. i ejoyed it every time. it's a good story.

duvall- "you've learned portugese in 20 minutes?"

travolta- "not all of it!" roll eyes (sarcastic)

T.M
lol yeah thats a good quote.

Cinemaddiction
My girlfriend loves it, and we've got it on DVD. I think "Phenomenon" and "Michael" are a couple of Travolta's best Mid 90's movies, personally.

*Alison*
:::Gasp::::

You walked away from Phenomenon 30 minutes into it!

One of these days I'll make you sit down and watch it in its entirety...

T.M
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
My girlfriend loves it, and we've got it on DVD. I think "Phenomenon" and "Michael" are a couple of Travolta's best Mid 90's movies, personally.

Micheal is the film in which he is an angel isn't it?

i haven't seen that in years.

*Alison*
Originally posted by T.M
Micheal is the film in which he is an angel isn't it?

i haven't seen that in years.

Yesssss. I like that one, too. big grin

Bardock42
Damit....somehow i have only seen the second half of either movie...I quite liked it though....

fini
ITs a good movie. I'm betting that no one knew what exactly was causing Travolta's character to change.

nice twist.

T.M
was a good twist yes

MusicMike
I liked the Clapton song from it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.