Grade ATTACK OF THE CLONES

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jedi fernando
i guess most people will give an 8 or 9.

Julie
wink Guess I'm not most people.....I'm stillon the emotional high of seeing the movie...which IMHO was very good...Awesome fights, intriguing characters, interesting villians, an antihero, a beautiful heroine, two handsome heros, great soundtrack, etc,etc

ToMacco
It's pretty damn good.

Jedi Mercenary
I just saw it last night, I am also still very emotional about it. I keep thinking, "Well, that was what I came on this board to talk about 2 years ago, now another three years will come by us very fast".

LanceWindu
God time sort of flew by on this board hasn't it. Just about a year ago I first came here to talk Star Wars.

master harmax
I've been here only about 4 or 5 months ... and I've had a great time. Unless fate prevents it, I intend to stay for the long haul ! cool

I haven't seen it yet, but i'm tempted to vote and give it a 9 !

He-Man
I gave a ten. I didn't see ANYTHING wrong with it.

jedi fernando
as of now attack of the clones gets a 9.2 grade from this forum.

laos76
I give it a 9......I love the emotion in it

Yet every Star Wars film is a 10 for taking me to that world so sucessfully everytime! smokin'

King Jedi
10. I think it's better than ESB and ANH.

King Jedi
Go to imdb.com and vote for it there.

Corran
It gets a 9 from me, can't give a 10 because that doesn't give any scope for movement if EP III is better - here's hoping! smile

Gundark
I gave it 10. I thought it was very emotionally tense. And Palpatine's lines...."it is with great reluctance that I accept these powers.." something like that. He is the smoothest bad guy !

King Jedi
What did he say to Padme? I can't remember the line but it was something like - it would be unbearable to lose her. I just remember smiling when he said it.

yerssot
9, I don't give 10 wink

maul's woman
I will definitely give it a 10!!!! big grin

Dejio
I'd give it a 7.0
First time through though, I would have given it a 5.0.

Jedi Mercenary
Good to see you're catching on.

jedi fernando

Dejio
Well, sorry to dissappoint you guys. But it's an honest review.
I wanted to give it a higher rating, believe me. But there was just too many things I found wrong with it. That's speaking as a Star Wars fan and as someone who simply loves watching a good movie.

master harmax
That's cool Dejio. When a Star Wars fan talks about how he's disspointed in the movie, thats one thing. Thats ok. Its those movie critics I cant handle ... cause most of them who dish it, don;t know nothing about SW, and don't understand what its about, so they really don;t have the right to say half the things they say.

velocity
10 out of 10!! big grin smile

Gundark
Everytime Palpatine opened his mouth I was thinking...you are so full of crap and you are so good at it !!!

mah
holy schmoly I'm looking forward to this! palpy is *the* man of good lines.

Gundark
There's no question of his power. Its easy to see how he'll declare himself emporer and take over the army.

Ushgarak
We should re-name this thread "Grade AOTC if you really liked it!" I suspect the full breadth of opinion is not reflected in that poll!

yerssot
party-pooper

queeq
Grading it 9 is quite a bit high methinks. That's almost untoppable. I mean, 10 is perfect. Does any such film exist?
And for a lousy love story like this it doesn't deserve a nine. 7.5 would be my ideal choice.

yerssot
watch it a second time queeq, it's much better then

queeq
I will. But I doubt the slumping of the story between the Coruscant chase and the Geonisis asteroid battle will go away by watching it again.

jedi fernando
why not?

master harmax
You're not exactly the world's greatest romantic, are u queeq ? wink

mah
laughing out loud lol, well lets ask gundy!big grin

Jedi Mercenary
The coruscant scene is my personal favorite action scene of all time, The way Anakin chops up those centipedes, and doesn't even slice the sheets!!

queeq
I like romance.... but not when it's done as crappy as this. The Scene in the meadow is ridiculous.... BS about democracy.... Sound of Music look, the totally awful scene at the fireplace... "You're in my very soul.... tormenting me...." -- uggghhh. My favourite and most moving love scene is by far the Love PLedge right before they ride into the arena.... Now THAT is romance....
Naboo scenes suck here.... and the CGI apple looks super fake when she bites it.

mah
yeah that apple is bad. but the rest is good, goooood I tell you!smile
don't you just love it when anakin falls down on the ground and padme comes rushing, but they end up on top of eachother. true romantic moments!stick out tongue joking aside, I thought it was very entertaining in a cheesy way, naboo looked beautiful and so did the happy couple. and the fire-scene was good, for several reasonssmile

queeq
THey roll over and don't even kiss??? I mean.... come on. ESB was by far more romantic: less scenes but so much more effective.

mah
well I had a smile on through all the love-scenes anyways.
sure they're not as 'natural' as in ESB, but there was an oddly satisfying thing about it.

queeq
I got a smile when Anakin got on the Shaak, I though I was watching a Disney movie.

That was sarcasm BTW.

mah
smile well I think you're being overly negative, mister! hayden and natalie was a very sweet couple!

queeq
Oh I won't disagree there. They just got crappy scenes, awful lines and bad direction there. THat is all.

Gundark
I loved Padme's costumes.

*runs and hides*

Corran
I loved Padme's costumes too, but for all the wrong reasons!!! wink

Gundark
Yes well, I was looking at it from a woman's point of view you know. wink

See, once again I can use that 'point of view' crap.

justinday15
episode II is the best star wars film yet, and episode III will be even better, I think. smile

Member.
epII=best SW movie so far. yea, padme looked hot in her costumes:Ocool

Member.
embarrasment

GordonSkywalker
I gave Attack of the Clones an 8. That is after seeing the videocasette version about five times! Could have had more of the Clone Wars in it, I thought. Maybe that will be picked up in the next film.

Julie
I didn't vote, but AOTC was a good movie....I don't think I'm too good at rating it compared to the classic star wars movies though b/c there is too much different and new about then to compare well

Member.
thats what these r forbig grin they call for our own personal rating. hehe, AOTC so good, and it was introducing us to the clone wars.

GordonSkywalker
That was the best aspect of the second installment, as I have stated elsewhere. I still think the title was a bit corny,though.

Julie
eh title is better to suffer than the whole movie big grin

cookies2006
ya thats true

GordonSkywalker
I still think a better name could have been chosen.

Julie
most likely.....but now the title's sort of grown on me...i like it

GordonSkywalker
Seems too cartoonish a name for a Star Wars film.

Corran
yes attack of the clowns is.

finti
graded it 3/10 and then I was being nice

cookies2006
3? Thats a bit low for any SW movie.

GordonSkywalker
There was just too much going on and not a lot being laid down in a way that tied the film to the original Star Wars. It seemed a lot was not being addressed and the relationships of the main characters just didn't have time to grow realistically.

cookies2006
Thats what ep3 is for.

GordonSkywalker
Yes but my point is here we are nearing the third and final installment and certain ideas we learned about in the original series have not yet been introduced.

cookies2006
Its going to definitely be the best SW movie. It has the answers to everything.

justinday15
I agree, episode III will be the best Star Wars movie.

GordonSkywalker
Enough to make the it worth the wait I hope.

Julie
true......I'll probably like it even if it's the worst movie ever...but uh let's hope it lives up to the happy expectations.,

GordonSkywalker
It simply has to do better than The Phantom Menace.

yerssot
7-8

avarage for a sw movie

queeq
Good thing about the mediocre PT is that once they're all finished and you watch them in order, they do get better along the way. With the exception of ROTJ then... big grin

yerssot
which was outstanding?

GordonSkywalker
I say Clones did far better than Menace and both had fantastic lightsbaer battles. Wonderful stuff even if some characterisations seemed off.

queeq
Dooku/Lee saved AOTC.

justinday15
What do u mean Dooku saved AOTC? How did he save it?

cookies2006
He saved the dark side.?

GordonSkywalker
I believe he means the movie as a whole. That the introduction of Dooku as a major adversary is what saved the film.

cookies2006
yeah thats what i ment.

queeq
Gordon got it.
Without Lee's excellent performance and presence, AOTC would have been a lot less. Although McGregor was pretty good this time.

GordonSkywalker
Ewan McGregor did a far better job at being Obi Wan Kenobi than he did in Menace. His portrayal seems more like that of the late Sir Alec Guiness.

Ushgarak
Ian McDiarmid is a-ok too, though with limited screen time.

We all know where in the film the fatal lack of acting dynamic was...

GordonSkywalker
I presume you are speaking of either Jake Lloyd or Jar Jar Binks?

yerssot
the cut rule of me? big grin

DeepThought
As much as I love Star Wars as a whole, me and all my friends were sorely dissapointed with Eps 1, and it only got worse with Eps 2. I wish it were not so, but thats just how I feel.

I love all of the action scenes, and am intriqued by the story line as a whole, but as movies, they were sickening. Without the previous trilogy to back them up with movie-goers, they would've bombed.

GordonSkywalker
Yes you have just described a major fault of the new films as compared to the original. I feel about the same as you I imagine. The Phantom Menace is considered too juvenile and Attack of the Clones misses on some key points that would have tied in nicely with the older trilogy. Oh well maybe the third and final film will do better than the first two. smile

yerssot
they're just some stories who tell one big one, GL doesn't really care if people like it, he makes them, he owns them, that's pretty much it, he does it for fun

cookies2006
i would have more respect for the people that are bringnig the money to him.US. The FANS.

yerssot
my previous phrase made no sense when reading it again...

I didn't mean he has no respect for them, it's just that he does what he wants with the movies 'cause they're his

DeepThought
I've noticed he seems to have that attitude in his interviews lately... he just wants to make a story, and since he KNOWS we'll buy tickets, he can do it however the heck he wants.

So many effectsm digital this, digital that, but what happened to the 'magic' from Episode 4?

GordonSkywalker
A thing in the past apparently but I am unsure as to your meaning.

DeepThought
I guess I just meant when they were making the movies, all we heard about was how great the effects were gonna be, and using digital film, etc, etc... its like George got caught so much into how the movie looked over anything else.

yerssot
but it's looking great, no?wink

GordonSkywalker
He is worried about the quality of the new films I think.

cookies2006
i dont think he has to worry. Ill like it. Or atleast see it.

DeepThought
I think they 'look' great, thats easy to see. I like a little more story with my movie though.. I love the Star Wars story in general, its just the past two movies that tasted sour to me. I have no problem if anyone else liked it, we just have different taste wink

I'll watch the 3rd of course, I want to see the final connection between all the movies. I just wish they could've been better : /

I mean, they just simply don't compare to the originals, IMO, for what its worth. (which isn't much)

GordonSkywalker
The prequels have the hardest job of all in being compared to the older films. Episode III has its work cut out for it. I hope of course that years from now these three films might be regarded by some as fondly as we think of the original trilogy. smile

mah
I highly doubt it

yerssot
same here

GordonSkywalker
Yes I know it sounds far-fetched but it is possible.

cookies2006
lIKE I SAID SOMEWHERE ELSE, Anything is possible. Atleast movie wise.

GordonSkywalker
No need to shout friend. We can hear you just fine. I was personally disappointed with Episode II so that is why I am not a big fan of it. There were too many wasted oppurtunities that now must be dealt with in the next and final film. Some more of the story could have been added into Clones so the third entry won't have so much ground to cover.

justinday15
Episode III has alot to cover in one movie.

GordonSkywalker
Even if it is three hours it might not be enough.

Deadalus
They tried to make it too funny at parts. Also, the whole pad-luke schpeil. Sorry, guys, I gave it a 6.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.