viruses

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shaber
The computers are sharing the same connection but only one of them has the McAfee icon in the bottom right corner of the screen. The other has a very bad case of virus infection. Is it necessary to get the McAfee program for it? What is the best version to buy from a shop for windows XP?

yerssot
if only one of them as the McAfee icon, why not install it on the other ones too?

shaber
I will have to do that to get rid of the infection. Will it be necessary to reinstall windows XP, given that the viruses have thoroughly messed up all the programmes?

SamuraiSquirrel
for the love of your spare time, and your computer, i would hope not.

shaber
Well they've messed up the colour scheme and got rid of the options to have full colour representation. That would give the impression that something has been removed so I'm not sure just getting rid of the viruses would solve it.

SamuraiSquirrel
getting rid of the virus is always priority #1, otherwise it will mess up the rest of your computer, and you dont want that do you?

DarkC
Originally posted by shaber
I will have to do that to get rid of the infection. Will it be necessary to reinstall windows XP, given that the viruses have thoroughly messed up all the programmes?
That's what I'd recommend.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.