Machine War: Matrix (real world) Machines VS Terminator Machines

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XXSPEARHAMMERXX
Machine Wars:

What Machine Civilization would Survive this WAR: Matrix (real world) Machines VS Terminator Machines??? Atmospheres is about the same...

I was going to add the I,Robot Machines & Battlestar Galactica Machines .

You can add them in the mix, if you want...

In your opinion which Civilization would Survive??? Individual battles and the Grand Scheme of the War... Who is the victor?
Happy Dance

Snoopbert
no expression

Renegade-agent
Hmmmm the sentinals from the matrix would proberly win,for one they sortof fly around everywhere,their really fast,they've got like 8 arms and those lasers,hmmm and plus the terminators are controlled by one Big A.I-skynet so i think The sentinals would win easily

Skorn254
Terminator robots would win.

XXSPEARHAMMERXX
How would it play out?... try to keep all aspects in mind. Remember the Terminator Machines are learning Machines (w/ Skynet or w/out) that use Phased-Plasma Weapons (long-range) dont forget the Heavy Armored ground & air HKs + Nukes/ Matrix (real world) Machines can fly, 8 arms, laser (short-range), bombs & heavy walkers/ I,Robot Machine Forces i guess are some of the weakest compared to the others but could pobably do some damage/ Battlestar Galactica Machine Forces I think may have one of the strongest Militaries, Space Ships, & Technology but it looks as though the ground forces use case ammo which may not do much to the others like: Matrix (real world) Machines & Terminator Machines. I dont know though.. you deside!

XXSPEARHAMMERXX
hmm

XXSPEARHAMMERXX
hmm

XXSPEARHAMMERXX
hmm

XXSPEARHAMMERXX
hmm... sorry i dont know how to post multiable pics in 1 post

XXSPEARHAMMERXX
hello, to the people out there! bash

XXSPEARHAMMERXX
i see some of u r going for the Matrix Machine Forces, why??? please, post why u think they will win. here are some more pics...

terminator
http://www.bollywoodscreensavers.com/wallpapers/movies/imgs/terminator02.jpg

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/warner_brothers/terminator_3__rise_of_the_machines/robots.jpg

http://heim.ifi.uio.no/~haakonhj/Terminator/Images/t2en001.jpg

http://www.terminator3.com/content/image_downloads/Aleksi.jpg

http://datacore.sciflicks.com/terminator_2/images/terminator_2_large_18.jpg

http://www.terminator3.com/content/image_downloads/aleksi2.jpg

http://www.terminator3.com/content/image_downloads/Centurion_hall.jpg

http://www.terminatorfiles.com/extras/flics/t3/002.jpg

Matrix
http://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.com/rv_img/photo_rev_oct_20.jpg

http://datacore.sciflicks.com/the_matrix/images/the_matrix_large_04.jpg

http://datacore.sciflicks.com/the_matrix/images/the_matrix_large_05.jpg

http://home.accglobal.net/~707727/images/matrix2/image16.jpg

http://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.com/rv_img/photo_rev_oct_16.jpg

http://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.com/rv_img/photo_rev_oct_17.jpg

kanis
starwars Its hard because I'm a fan of them both, but the arguement that the terminators are screwed if they are in open areas and they are large swarms of the sentinals but inside buildings where the sentinals are forced to move on the ground the terminators have the advantage. But in the end I go for the terminators just with their fire power because the sentinal laser only fires forwards in an sweeping motion while the terminators can fire in any direction and have heavier more powerful weapons.

ragesRemorse
Yeah, the machine forces from Terminator have far superior weaponry. Skynet has vast forces. From nearly invincible, matter changing machines, to vehicles the size of a small city outfitted with laser cannons. although, it would not be difficult at all for a sentenal to tear apart a t-800, It would be more so for a t-1000 or HK

XXSPEARHAMMERXX
Originally posted by kanis
starwars Its hard because I'm a fan of them both

yeppy, i know big grin or in my case fan of all four. sick sick sick sick ... puke...shocking

stunna1773
out of all of them i robot and bsg machines would get blown to bits and matrix and terminator machines would end up destrying each other

XXSPEARHAMMERXX
Originally posted by stunna1773
out of all of them i robot and bsg machines would get blown to bits and matrix and terminator machines would end up destrying each other

lol, so nobody wins in your opinion? lol, the BSG Machines may just launch an attack from space?

Spelljammer
The terminators do not stand a chance, but the upgraded T1000s could pose as a feesible threat, unless the Matrix can establish it's weakness. Which only makes The Matrix appear scarier because then it will use such technology as it's own as an upgrade..

And even if they don't find out a T1000's weakness, there's still always the option of capture and putting the T1000's conciounceness into The Matrix. Which would raise a whole new slew of questions like.. If he dies there, does he die in real life? And if his powers travel even into virtual world.

THAT would be worthy of Keeanu Reeves doing his done to death "Wo"..

XXSPEARHAMMERXX
crazy hmmm, i think the WAR between Matrix (real world) Machines & Terminator Machines would been very interesting!!! smile

milliga03
termanaters all the way devil devil devil devil devil devil

stunna1773
Originally posted by XXSPEARHAMMERXX
lol, so nobody wins in your opinion? lol, the BSG Machines may just launch an attack from space?

yep Happy Dance

XXSPEARHAMMERXX
hmm, i dont know i think we need more opinions! what do you think?

XXSPEARHAMMERXX
THE Battlestar Galactica Machine Forces may beat them all. smile

kanis
starwars Which battlestar galactica cylons are there the ones from the old series which would die because they are really slow are the ones from the new series who are better armed than the original ones and faster than the originals.

XXSPEARHAMMERXX
Originally posted by kanis
starwars Which battlestar galactica cylons are there the ones from the old series which would die because they are really slow are the ones from the new series who are better armed than the original ones and faster than the originals.

yeah, the newest 1. I think I had a pic or 2 on the 1st page.

kanis
starwars Then possibly they may have a chance against the terminator machines but not the sentinals.

XXSPEARHAMMERXX
Im back smile, any thoughts???

TheOne101
I have a few. I vote Matrix Sentinals. i vote this because they have the most brute strength ad they also are made of a strong enough metal to withstand radiation and most gunfire. Notice in the zion fight in part 3 the APU fire barely scratched them, they mainly used emp's to F*** them up. The termintaor machines would get completely anhialated because as mentioned before they are controlled by the main A-I cpu of skkynet so once the sentinals bomb the crap out of it or just infiltrate it then it would get toast. The Machine city is pretty much impenitrable by anyone or any thing. The Galactica machines are useless outside of space they are just like t-800s on land. The I-robot machines are pretty much as strong as humans to them which is nothing. They have no self installed weapons and have to resort to using man made weapons which would have no affect on the others. Also the BSg could bomb the world but radiation doesnt affect machines from the matrix so GG. Sentinals win, matrix all the way.

grey fox
Terminators win .

The 'squiddies' (sentinels) are fast , i grant you that. But against a non-human opponent whom can create weaponry (edged or long-range ,take your pick) on the spot their screwed.

The sentinel's also have weak defense (they were getting taken out by bazooka shots WTF , it's the godamned future they should have devised some decent form of armour) and a single form of long range attacks .

Also let's add the others into the mix .

The cyclon's will get whomped by the terminators . Their resistant to small fire-arms which (coincidently enough) none of the terminators are equipped with. Even the drones from the second film wield ; what appears to a 'laser minigun'.

The I-robot's , androids are the last and weakest. Having only enhanced physical attributes and nothing more. They get destroyed easily.

TheOne101
Squiddies didn't need armor because all the humans/enemies were under control numbnuts. Also im almost positive that a bazooka would hurt a t-1000. Whether 1 or 100 bazooka shots it doesnt matter it would hurt. THe squddies have an entires army full of explosives and they are also the first line of defense. Their city is so defended by bigger and stronger bots that the Terminator bots would never make it through. If you just look at the bombs they sent after Neo and Trin in the Logos it was enough to blow up a small country. And that was probably not even 1/1000000000 of their supply. You do the math

grey fox
Originally posted by TheOne101
Squiddies didn't need armor because all the humans/enemies were under control numbnuts. Also im almost positive that a bazooka would hurt a t-1000. Whether 1 or 100 bazooka shots it doesnt matter it would hurt. THe squddies have an entires army full of explosives and they are also the first line of defense. Their city is so defended by bigger and stronger bots that the Terminator bots would never make it through. If you just look at the bombs they sent after Neo and Trin in the Logos it was enough to blow up a small country. And that was probably not even 1/1000000000 of their supply. You do the math

Hey jack-ass theirs something called .The resistance. Ever heard of them Also if the machines 'attacked zion six tiems' before you'd think they would know to get some damn decent armour.

Those bomb's would be useful....if were going against the old rickety T-800 . Sky-net mass produce the T-1000 (bazooka do jack shit to them , the guy took an explosion like nothing , re-formed and then walked after them) and T-X (which can self repair)

Also , you do notice that the ship's aren't made for combat , and are already hunks of crap while their being used. A single stick of TNT could probably blow one of them up.

FinalFantsyLord
The Matrix film is 1 of the best Machine fighting films i have seen its defiantly better then the other options becouse it is so relistic

I have the Final Fantasy Film it is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FinalFantsyLord
Even though the Machines have only basically One Power and that is speed even though they seem quite intelligent, but they also have numbers and all those stupid flying bombs (wich is another thing, this is stupid if the machines wanted 2 destroy hunmans y didnt they just send a load of those bombs down into Zion its weird) but any way i do agree with Grey Fox becouse, come on this is ages into the future y havnt they invented somthing better then the EMP wich is just a load of shit coz it takes out EVERYTHING including the humans Hovercrafts......
But! the machine city does have a better line of defence becouse they have those huge mother mother machines when Trin and Neo go in that fire those bombs and there was all those machines in the actuall city which would do damage 2.
But the machines on Terminator do not seem as stong or as intelligant but they do also have numbers and they have those stupid laser guns that seem 2 hurt people but they are all conecte 2 1 source of power basically and they are all controlled so if the main was taken out then.......bye bye to the rest.
Those Stupid robots on I-Robot are nothing different to the humans apart they have strength and speed. And they seem 2 b defeated easily so u no.

TheOne101
No need for name calling you dumb *****. OFCOURSE I KNOW THAT THERE IS THE RESISTANCE YOU IDIOT. The resistance fight the machines MAINLY INSIDE THE MATRIX. Outside of the matrix they only carry EMp guns and EMP's on the ships, THATS IT. You cant protect yourself from an EMP MORON. Don't sit here and lecture me on my own movie. Trust me when i say that The Squiddies will win.

TheOne101
When they attacked zion 6 times why in the hell would you want to waste product which is extremely scarce might I add to Over protect. The whole point is for the humans to NOT know about the other 5 times. Therefor being over prepared and having it just be stepping on ants on the sidewalk would have made for a Sh!tty movie.

kanis
vampire The mechs that were used in matrix 3 were rubbish no front cover which caused the death of many in the dock and the captain was flayed to hell should at least have a thick metal plate with a visor so they could see over the front to protect the pilot.

TheOne101
Squiddies don't rely on sight, They rely on sounds, like snakes they use sound vibration to sense where things are. They are fast an relatively qiet, They are predators that use silence and sense of sound to get their prey.

FinalFantsyLord
Look m8 dont u ******* lecture me, i no that the machines proberly have a better resistance becouse there is more of them and they dont fear death,duh! Human could have thought bout other things to kill the Squidies with becouse the human allied machines that they use are also CRAP!!!!! they keep need reloading and they dont have any protection

FinalFantsyLord
and wat u mean my own film!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grey fox
No need for name calling you dumb *****. OFCOURSE I KNOW THAT THERE IS THE RESISTANCE YOU IDIOT. The resistance fight the machines MAINLY INSIDE THE MATRIX. Outside of the matrix they only carry EMp guns and EMP's on the ships, THATS IT. You cant protect yourself from an EMP MORON. Don't sit here and lecture me on my own movie. Trust me when i say that The Squiddies will win.

Calm down kid , your the one who began the name calling.

Most of what your said is meaningless , it doesn't detract from the point that the squiddies have shitty armour , they go down relatively quickly to a single laser blast.

Also , unless your a Wachowskii brother shut the **** up. It's not your movie just like terminator isn't my film . I just happen to be knowledgeable on the subject.

FinalFantsyLord
Originally posted by grey fox
Calm down kid , your the one who began the name calling.

Most of what your said is meaningless , it doesn't detract from the point that the squiddies have shitty armour , they go down relatively quickly to a single laser blast.

Also , unless your a Wachowskii brother shut the **** up. It's not your movie just like terminator isn't my film . I just happen to be knowledgeable on the subject. . Who r u then

FinalFantsyLord
I think every1 no;s a lot about the film like i no a hell of alot bout Final Fantasy, i no a lot bout Matrix amd wat you say is true but 2 b honest it doesnt matter in the film who has the better resistance coz it is al down 2 Neo

TheOne101
You may know about FF:AC but you cant even type proper english and most of the time the nonsense you type doesn' even make words. Please, before you all talk of being correct of incorrect, go take a lesson out of Hoocked On Fonicks. Thanks.

grey fox
Originally posted by FinalFantsyLord
. Who r u then

I'm referring to Theone101 not you FFL , look at the names on top of the quotes.

FinalFantsyLord
look m8 u seem a bit full of urself u need 2 grow up coz people like u seem 2 b all brains and nothing else, like common sence for example.
U seem like a inteligent kid thats sounds bout 10 but seriously m8 shut the f**k up yh do us all a God dam favour ok good boy
gunsmilie

grey fox
look m8 u seem a bit full of urself u need 2 grow up coz people like u seem 2 b all brains and nothing else, like common sence for example.
U seem like a inteligent kid thats sounds bout 10 but seriously m8 shut the f**k up yh do us all a God dam favour ok good boy
gunsmilie

Are you talking to me , or Theone101 ?

FinalFantsyLord
Are you talking to me , or Theone101 ?

I am refering 2 TheOne101 he needs 2 shut the hell up
death

TheOne101
I am A intelligent kid? BUAHAHAHAHAHA. I'm sorry but nothing you say i can pay any attention to because i can barely understand what you are typing. SPEAK ENGLISH RETARD. I wouldn't insult you if you wouldn't insult yourself by typing like you are in the 3rd grade. Come on dude use spellcheck will ya. I will treat you exactly like the thug wannabe's and gangsta mofo's that go around. I treat them like retards. So if you type like a retard then i will assume you spoeak that way too. Type correctly or atleast make an attempt to type correctly and i will make an attempt to give a rats ass about what yo have to say.

grey fox
You want him to spoeak English ?

Methink ye contradicts yonderself.

FinalFantsyLord
You want him to spoeak English ?

Methink ye contradicts yonderself.

Who r u talkin 2 me or TheOne101 (the noob)

FinalFantsyLord
I am A intelligent kid? BUAHAHAHAHAHA. I'm sorry but nothing you say i can pay any attention to because i can barely understand what you are typing. SPEAK ENGLISH RETARD. I wouldn't insult you if you wouldn't insult yourself by typing like you are in the 3rd grade. Come on dude use spellcheck will ya. I will treat you exactly like the thug wannabe's and gangsta mofo's that go around. I treat them like retards. So if you type like a retard then i will assume you spoeak that way too. Type correctly or atleast make an attempt to type correctly and i will make an attempt to give a rats ass about what yo have to say.

How old r u M8 i think bout 10 u act a complete noob, do as all a favour and go piss of a different System OK u ain't wanted here

Reportedstupid

grey fox
Who r u talkin 2 me or TheOne101 (the noob)

The0ne101

FinalFantsyLord
ok m8 i aint having a go its THEONE101 who is doing every1ns head in

XXSPEARHAMMERXX
please get back on topic

Blaxican Hydra
I agree that the terminators would win. In the matrix movies, the machines were getting "nawked the fuk out" by the Humans in Zion, and if the machines didn't have superior numbers woulda gotten screwed. Do you realize that the captain dude was able to push back the entire swarm of sentinels BY HISMELF like 3 times before they overran him? The sentinels are pretty weak. It only takes like 10 bullets from an M.gun to take one out.

Ugh... I would hate to see that sentinel swarm go ahead to head with the just the US airforce alone. The slaughter...

But that seems kidn of ironic considering that the machines actually suceeded in beating down every country in the world, thus starting the matrix as a kind of peace treaty.

Okay, back on topic. Im prett ysure that the Machnes win. And the machines are weak against sunlight, no? I know in the animatrix it said that before the war they used sunlight as energy, but I dont know if thats still true..anyway if they are weak against sunlight, whats stopping the machines from sending a nuke straight at the machines city?

samle
I really think that the sentinals would win cauze they fly really fast and can rip the heads off the terminators and in the movies the sentinals got the humans under ground but the terminator were still on the surface fighting a 50 year nuclear war

doan_m
Well forgive me for not reading any of the thread. I'm just going to jump in and say Cylons. Space Faring race (with multiple planets inhabitied, correct me if i'm wrong guys) and warp drives. Cylon interceptors seem to behave better then squiddies since they know how to stay apart from each other and they actually have gun implacements which if you ask me, is something that the Sentinels should have(it would really make them a whole lot better and lethal)

doan_m
Hey lets throw in War of the World tripods while were at it!

samle
the matrix

furgster
come on, the terms would win it

doan_m
When they decide to dick around with time and such, sure they stand a decent chance. But i don't think they would be able to do much against cylons.

Vim
Just taking the Sentinel army, and the "Wall of Canons" with the bombs from the matrix and having them take on the Terminator army is pretty wild, but if you were to place it in a setting where the Terminators would have to come at that wall of canons that shoot like bazillions of bombs then ... welll... you'd have yourself a pretty damn good war. My thing is that the Sentinels are pretty damn fast and the Terminator drones don't seem to be all that fast, however, they are tough as hell and have pretty good knowledge of weapons. I think it would all end in stalemate between these two particular groups.

samle
guys the terminators could just go back in time to stop the sentinals or the others duh

LORDSIDIOUS01
I think that The Terminators will win in a land slide. Feel free to send me a private email and debate me more.

doan_m
Are we all forgetting the orbital advantage that the cylons are packing? They could just nuke the entire planet from orbit.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Not about cylons

doan_m
then do you care to explain to my why the hell would the BSG machine force even be in this thread in the first place?

kaiservontexas
Skynet would defeat the Matrix civilization. Skynet was designed for war as opposed to the Matrix.

The main difference is that Skynet is impervious to EMP effects. It was designed to withstand all attacks possible at the time of its creation, for Skynet's purpose was to win nuclear combat. Its primary program was to defend US, NATO, and itself. When the US tried to unplug it, Skynet fell back onto survive.

In the mere three decades of war, Skynet reached the ability to use anti-matter for power although limited and used to power time displacement. Due to facing no constraints Skynet kept pushing forward so fast that the resistance fighters after the war would take years upon years to make sense out of it . . .

Nothing in the Matrix advanced that fast, nor had that much capacity.

Also the Matrix has to depend upon humans to exist. Skynet does not need such a relationship. It was designed to survive massive global devastation and keep fighting independent of all humanity.

The Matrix may be protected by forces outside its walls, but Skynet is not stupid. Skynet would just build more weaponry to reach and breach such a fixed fortification. Keep in mind also, it is Skynet because it controls the skies . . . i.e. SDI. So orbital bombardment via lasers is not out of Skynet's ability.

Most likely Skynet would realize from Zion that EMP knocks out the Matrix machines. Once that was noted it would be over in a heartbeat.

As far as hacking each other's AI brains go, who knows . . . but weapon systems and tactics Skynet wins hands down.

I, Robot would be smashed.

The Cylons may be using machine guns as ground pounders, but their space capability far outweighs the other forces. Though in Skynet the Cylons might see a brother.

Bicnarok
Terminator forces: no one can beat Arnysmile

Darth Martin
Skynet wins. Too much variety.

ragesRemorse
depends, we have no idea how many sentinals there are. The Sentinals from the matrix attacked as one almost as if they were one entity. Even though skynet operates in a similar fashion, each machine has its specific directive. It took the machines only several minutes to push zion to the brink of extinction.
We really do not have much to go on as far as the knowledge of the machines arsenal form the matrix.
from the movies, it seems that a laser is as effective against a sentinal as it is against a t400 terminator. The machines form the matrix seem to be more aware and more cunning than the skynet operating system. It created an entire virtual reality of philosophy and emotion. Skynet has never showed any sense of understanding concepts as human as philosophy. Where the machines of skynet are able to reason tactically, the machine world form the matrix proved to be able to reason on a kind of emotional level.
As far as the machines form the matrix not producing technology on such a rapid scale as skynet. The machines from the matrix did not have to. The humans did not or were not capable of forming such a threatning resistance as the humans in terminator did. Skynet was in a state of constant war with the humans. NO matter how advanced their technology became, the humans were always able to rebel and answer with force. The machines of the matrix had such a death grip over the humans of zion, that a physical retaliation was never even realistic. They had to rely on faith and prophecies from within the matrix to fight. This tells me that the machines of the matrix were so many and so formidable that even if zion had the technology that the humans from terminator had, it would have been useless.
No matter skynets armored vehicle offerings, their weaponry or numbers, i believe skynet would fall. There is nothing saying that if you disconnect the main machine from machine city that the sentinals will shut down. However, take down skynet and the terminators are rendered motionless. This is another advantage for the machines from the matrix. One massive assault on skynet and the war could be over quickly

SuppMan
sorry for interupting. how come transformers weren't included?

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by SuppMan
sorry for interupting. how come transformers weren't included?

because transformers are make believe dumbass wink

SuppMan
Oh.. okay. haha. I didn't know.. No wonder my car didn't transform when I pressed that triangle button.. The signal lights just kept flashing.. Makes sense now..

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by SuppMan
Oh.. okay. haha. I didn't know.. No wonder my car didn't transform when I pressed that triangle button.. The signal lights just kept flashing.. Makes sense now..

laughing out loud

You could always drop some Lsd before driving. That might make your car transform

bobbi
Yeah, I agree with rageRemorse. The humans in the matrix movie weren't even a threat to the machines so they had no reason to get better defenses or weapons. It was more like they were putting on a show for the humans kinda to cover up that it happened so many times before and that that was their plan (You'd still think they'd remember all the times they got their butt's whooped but whatever)

And they could probably find an alternate fuel source than humans. To be honest that was just a plot device to make the whole matrix universe since u can just use normal fusion to power things quit easily (they said they used some type of fusion with the human batteries too, probably to make it sound a little more feasible) The humans blotted out the sun and they were able to adapt quite well it seems.
If anything it seems the matrix machines were just toying with the humans the entire time and neo was the only actual threat. In terminator the humans offered good resistance starting with basically current day technology. Besides for the whole time travel thing I think matrix machines win based on their causal (and almost mockingly easy) smackdown of the humans.

greydrake
It wouldnt really be any contest the cylons (BSG) would just bombard the planet from orbit until there was nothing left but glass (halo style)
command the high ground youl always win.

if they were left out of the loop though it would have to be Terminator the sentinals are not on par with the power those machines could put away. as for ripping them apart the 101 model would be more than capable of ripping several sentinals apart the sentinals limbs by design would be less powerful.

AngryManatee
Putting in my 2 cents. My vote goes with Skynet against the Machines. The sentinels really are quite fragile seeing as how in the fight for zion it really only took one direct hit from those mech's bullet rounds to put'em down, whereas your basic mass produced T800 can be run over or hit multiple times by automobiles (once even by an 18 wheeler), and still function, even when blown in half as per the first Terminator movie. The T850, which was the model in T3, can take even more punishment while dealing out more than the standard 800, as shown by its ability to take a direct plasma blast from the T-X. I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of T850s comparable in number to the zion mechs could take out the whole lot.. Also their speed isn't that bad (can run at a constant 22mph) when they are just endoskeleton and no organic covering, because then they're able to use their full range of motion which surpasses the elastic boundary of the organic disguise. Not to mention they're not limited to just the endoskeletons, which were designed primarily to follow the humans underground, you've also got the countless tracked and bipedal/quadripedal HKs (The bipedals of which can run at speeds of up to 90mph) as well as the aerial HKs which can go supersonic when in level flight mode as opposed to hover.

Furthermore, the idea of taking out Skynet= victory is not so. While they can be completely controlled by Skynet for tactical maneuvers and whatnot, each one is able to be set to autonomous-mode, in which it will seek out and fulfill its objective however it chooses so. If they were operated exclusively by Skynet, there would be no need for them to have neural net processors. Whether this extends to the HKs is questionable.

Cerran
You guys need to consider the fact that the machines in the Matrix were designed to kill humans. If they were trying to kill terminators, I'd expect they'd use better weapons than little metal pinchers.

Just my 2c.

Joshua1277
The terminators have many diffrent forms. The T-100 can with stand bullets, being shot in the head and smashed to bits. TX could withstand a rocket launccher and every bullet from a mini gun. There super strong smart and fast. They also have better wepons

slav_j

CPSimpson
That the machines from the matrix defeated humanity and subdued them for half a millennium shows just how much more powerful they are comparable to Terminator machines.

Didn't humanity have the upper hand when fighting The Terminator machines near the end of the war resulting in the machines developing time travel? I'm not sure.

During the second renaissance part 2, humanity fought the Matrix machines with EMP weapons and still failed when up against their next generation cephalopods and insectoid machines and humanity was pretty technologically advanced at the time, perhaps even more so than the resistance in The Terminator. It was the year 2105 when humanity fought the machines in The Matrix and 2024 or so in The Terminator.

It seems as if The Matrix machines can adapt really fast to anything that is thrown at them. The sentinels each have powerful lasers and a swarm of them could concentrate those beams and cut anything opposing them into ribbons or melt them down.

Time travel developed by Skynet could have easily been created by The Matrix machines but not explored in the trilogy. My reasoning for Matrix time travel stems from the fact that a technological singularity had been reached long ago in The Matrix with the development of fully fledged AI 600 years earlier.

My last ,rather long, thought is that the war between humanity and The Terminator machines could be encapsulated in a VR simulation developed by much more sophisticated AI like The Matrix Machines. In this situation, The Terminator machines and humans alike could be erased from existence all together giving The Matrix Machines god like powers.

I personally like the Matrix Machines better because I believe that a real battle against a sophisticated highly adaptable AI would not pan out well for humanity which makes victory for humanity in The Terminator hard to accept as something that would happen.

My reason for The Matrix machines being superior is that they outright defeated humanity and have had 600 years to develop new technology, including weapons, that cannot be conceived of by humanity.

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Due to timelines also being merged, I would assume anyway, then Skynet and the Matrix machines may share common creation elements in their history.

I had always imagined that the Matrix machines are what Skynet would eventually evolve into in time, if it ever gained the upper hand over the resistance. One particular point of note is that Skynet was paranoid as all hell in that it literlly set all it's troops to "read only" mode to prevent them becoming self aware on their own, effectively lobotomising it's own troops. BUT, how would Skynet know about this effect? The thing must've had some rogue AI's of it's own making, and, in a twisted crossover like this, the Matrix machines may have had it's origins in Skynet's screw-up rogue self aware AIs, and that makes time-schenanigans very difficult.

In a purely VS sense, Skynet is screwed. It lacks the centuries of tech advancement the Matrix machines have over it. But it does make up for it slightly in more potent and compact fuel sources that is hydrogen batteries, and perhaps a more militaristic development as well as access to unknown numbers and types of nuclear weaponry, even though the Matrix tech far outshines this.

my oppinion, in a nutshell. But, this quote was from another thread, with a different set of OP rules, so a little of it may not be accurate.

quanchi112
Matrix wins.

Omnibrine
Everyone thinks terminators are going to win, since the terminator movie is more popular. But this is not the case.
Speaking as an expert in both fields, the Matrix system, 01, will absolutely destroy Skynet. Why? Allow me to explain.

The canon Animatrix explains it all. The Machines and humans had an all out war, and the humans struck first. They did a huge bombing of the main Machine City, 01. And keep in mind this happened decades upon decades in the future, with future nukes. The land of the Machine City "was lit from the light of the fire of a thousand suns".
Guess what? The machines survived. They started to battle with humanity, and started to win so badly that the humans came up with a desperate plan: Operation Darkstorm. We blotted out the
sun, since the machines relied on solar energy.

Nevertheless, the machines still crushed humanity, and this was a century in the future. Forget John Connor and laser guns, we're talking giant mechs, giant lightning cannons, huge lasers, massive nuclear planes. And we still lost. The Machines had lasers too, massive flying pyramids shooting lasers the size of small buildings. This was all shown in The Second Renaissance.
They captured humanity, absolutely crushed us, and put us into the Matrix, the absolute last word in sentient programming and simulations.
Zion only existed because the Machines needed it to. We were completely under their rule. The prophecy, Neo, and everything the humans had was just another method of control.

Sentinels are prison guards. They are not the Machine's main forces. Their main forces are giant hovering laser ships, massive spider like robots, and armies upon armies of sentinels and sentries and humanoids. Maybe they even have their own version of terminators.

A small glimpse of their main force was shown in Matrix Revolutions when Trinity and Neo got close to 01, their city. A huge armada of Titanic-sized ships came out of the ground and shot enough bombs at them to blow up a country.
So what if Skynet destroys one wave of sentinels and war forces? 01 will send another. And another. And another.
They will never stop.

Skynet is impressive, I will grant you that, but it does not match up to the power of 01, the Matrix, and the Machines. They have giant robots and hunter killer ships, but I have not seen a single Matrix machine the size of the spider keepers in the Matrix. The ones tending to the human growing fields used to be soldiers. And they were the smaller ones.

If you watch the animatrix, you will be completely awed by how the Machines dominated humanity, and would dominate Skynet. 01 is shielded from EMPS, and a full-out nuking didn't destroy it. It barely hurt the machine's forces.
01 is like the matrix. It will upgrade and update, finding new ways to survive. They are also centuries older then Skynet, giving them
a massive technical advantage.

Skynet has time travel, but this has been proven to be ineffective,
You can not change destiny, as it has been proven in the Terminator movies. They could not kill John Connor, and the humans killing Dyson did not impede the creation of Skynet. The future is set as soon as it happens. And unlike skynet, the Machines were the culminated effort of humanity to create AI after many centuries. The Machines understand emotion and feelings, unlike Skynet.
The machines will crush skynet under pure numbers, force, durability, experience and overwhelming force. It is a curb stomp.
Skynet was losing to humanity, and a small portion at that, a small Resistance. 01 went against the entire forces of humanity a century later then now, and it suffered a nuking first. And yet it still won.

Even the Sentinel, one of the lowliest of Machine forces, can still be compared to a Terminator. Granted, they are not as durable, but they can fly, have a hive mind, and can act as one giant hand/tentacle ripping apart everything in it's path, as shown the the last stand of Zion. They can fly at an outward of 100 miles per hour, have terminator strength and take multiple 30mm bullets at close range to take down, or several shots from a lightning gun. I am sure a Terminator will take damage from both, and will maybe survive it a bit better, but will still take massive damage, as evidenced in all the movies, from T1 to T4.

Skynet can manufacture incredibly powerful robots like the TX and T-1000 and T-Infinity at a tremendous rate, but that rate is not as fast as the planet-ruling Machines, and I'm pretty sure the TX will take a (sarcasm) teeeensy bit of damage if it got hit by a 8-million-volt lightning cannon. Hell, it was put down by a crashed helicopter and a small nuclear fuel cell.

Yes, Skynet was designed for war, and advances in technology extremely fast, but the Machines also did. They Machines weren't even designed for war and they still crushed humanity. They now have a huge repertoire of weapons and forces. People don't realize there is a lot more to the Machines then it was shown in the Matrix Trilogy.

In three decades after it started, Skynet used antimatter, lasers and time travel. In five decades after humanity lost, the Machines created a worldwide system using billions of humans as a power source, mass-produced their machines so there were billions of them, ended almost all organic life on Earth, forced all humans underground and nuked every city.

Skynet even started to lose to humans, while there is not a word in the English language strong enough to described how the Machines utterly destroyed humanity.

At the very least, sentinels can pick up Terminators and drop them from several kilometers up, or cut them to ribbons with their laser, which was powerful enough to slice through a future ships hull. They also have terminator-like strength, as they were shown ripping metal and parts of a ship. They also have twice as much arms as the Terminators, more then twice as long and twice as flexible. They're tentacles.

The Machines are the "big brothers" to skynet. Skynet will be destroyed, period. This is like comparing a rifle to a tank, or the Enterprise to the Death Star.

Ergo, the Machines win. Many Terminator fans will have problems with this, but the simple truth is that Skynet has neither the power nor agility to take on the unbelievably overpowered forces of 01.

Thank you for reading.
~Omnibrine

MF DELPH
If it was just Matrix vs Terminator I'd take the the Matrix. With the Cylons added to the mix and the fact that they are the only force on the field that can carpet bombard the battlefield from orbit (Basestars) I think they'd win if included because they are the only force with space warfare capability, and due to their Ressurrection Ships and manufacturing/supply chain being off-world their resources would be pretty much insurmountable for the planet bound opposition. Cylons don't even have a reason to engage in ground warfare.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.