ROTJ vader vs. palpatine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth243
Does anybody else think that the last fight was lacking a little? personally i think vader should of force grabbed lukes saber and either cut the emporers hands off or absorbed the lightning with it like obi wan did. And I watched parts of the fight in slo-mo, and did anybody else see the sparks coming off of vaders suit?

Darth Somebody
Originally posted by Darth243
Does anybody else think that the last fight was lacking a little? personally i think vader should of force grabbed lukes saber and either cut the emporers hands off or absorbed the lightning with it like obi wan did. And I watched parts of the fight in slo-mo, and did anybody else see the sparks coming off of vaders suit?

It wasn't much of a fight, if you ask me. The only fight occured between Vader and Luke. The Emperor was toasting Luke's ass like a marshmellow at a boyscout camp - and Vader physically overpowered him and tossed him down a reactor shaft. Vader died in the process.

No real fight. And if there was - I think Vader would still lose. Lucas says Vader is only 80 percent of Palpatine's power. Which means he is weaker.

Darth243
Originally posted by Darth Somebody
It wasn't much of a fight, if you ask me. The only fight occured between Vader and Luke. The Emperor was toasting Luke's ass like a marshmellow at a boyscout camp - and Vader physically overpowered him and tossed him down a reactor shaft. Vader died in the process.

No real fight. And if there was - I think Vader would still lose. Lucas says Vader is only 80 percent of Palpatine's power. Which means he is weaker.

True, but since 80% was enough to military press palpy i think the fight would be pretty good, (and i dont care if his arm was mechanical or not)

this is more on getting ppls opinion than an analysis anyways

Darth Somebody
Darth, let's look at this again.

1. The Emperor was distracted - ruthlessly torturing Luke. He did not even acknowledge Vader as a threat. Yes, he made an error that ended his life. Bad Palpatine, bad.

2. Vader DIED in the assault. Palpatine wasn't even focused on Vader and he STILL died.

DarthMaul9123
YES BUT PALPATINE SAYES IN EP3 HE WILL BECOME MORE POWER FULL THAN EITHE OF US!!!!!!!!!!!!

DarthMaul9123
so they wouldnt even be fighting in tha first place

Darth Somebody
Oh. My. God.

Palpatine meant that Anakin WOULD have become more powerful had he not sustained the injuries on Mustufar. Damn it, use common sense. You just agreed with me - Vader had only 80 percent of Sidious's power. 80 percent out of 100 is NOT superior!

Darth Sparhawk
Palpatine would have won, he is stronger and more cunning.

xxxpoppunker182
just because you're more powerful in the force doesnt mean you're superior than your oppenent with a lightsaber. but ROTJ vader wouldn't win in a fight anagisnt palp. the lighting would malfuntion his suite and he'd die just like he did in ep6

Gryn Jabar
Keep on rockin' in the free world

Darth_Janus

Dark Thor
love that pic, janus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.