Scariest Movies You've Ever Seen?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gypsy
I love scary movies (not gory movies, just scary), so I was wondering, what are some of the scariest movies some of you people have ever seen, or they can just be really good scary movies.
Gypsy

Here are a list of some of my favs:
Ghost Story
The St. Francesville Experiment
Boogyman

beta-wolf_101
The Exorcist of course.

Wolfie
TCM

tpaquin
Gumby's Robot Rumpus

feral cat
Ringu is the only modern movie that really gave me the creeps ... not sure about scary as such, but certainly creepy.

Pandemoniac
TCM and Exorsist were pretty creepy, and I have to admit I was kinda spooked when I saw The 6th Sence for the first time. Jaws did a good job too, but saw that one for the first time whem I was 10.
Gotta stick to the classics for the best scare, nowadays it's only sound effects and flashing images that are supposed to make you jump.

evildeaddesigns
Has to be......... "the eye."

tpaquin
I change my answer. The care bears movie.

gary-w-
the exorcist and the ring u ppl realy dont no a scary movie it the clown is a real classic and is very scary not so much chucky i would say that is more of a comedy than a horror but it is amazing exorcist is pathetic and so is the exorcist the begining is rubbish an all so the scariest movie of all time should go to it the clown easily

frau
Session 9 really gave me the chills. Way more than the Exorcist or any other movie has. I can handle gore better than I can handle creepy.

There was just something SO unsettling about these normal working guys just doing their job in a place that has a creep factor of 10/10. Filming at Danvers was brilliant... There would be no way to duplicate the uneasiness of that place artificially.

I've done a few abandoned building walk throughs and I would never go into Danvers. (Although I think they recently tore it down....)

The only other movie that I can think of that comes close is Night of the living dead. eek! Oh, and Dark Crystal scared the hell out of me as a kid. Does that count? laughing out loud

beta-wolf_101
Why is it that when people walk through a large open space alone they think someone is watching them?

slayer
Black Christmas

Mandorallen
ummmmm......

you know I dont think I ever seen a "scary movie"

maybe the mothman proficies, because I saw it in WV.

Impediment
How many times does this thread have to be repeated?

Turkish
Alien scared the living shiot outa me when I saw it as a kid...
Couldn't sit still for a second without thinking it was gonna pop outa the ground and killm e....

MetalHeart
TMC 1974

olchik
I don't like scary movies at all. They make me sick and I don't see any sense in them.

Sir Nauj
The Excorsist, Halloween when I was younger, freddy when I was younger to but the exorcist is very scary

Lord Shadow Z
When I was younger, some of the Freddy Kreuger movies really frightened me. Now, nothing really does any more because all the modern horror out now is all very basic- you almost know when the scary moment will arrive and its all too easy to anticipate.

kanis
starwars I didn't really find them to be scary but sometimes funny. But the only one that scared me a bit was freddy using this guy's veins as puppet strings and then slashing them when he was balanced on the roof.

Cringe
Nightmare on Elm Street
The 6th Sense(when I was younger)

Originally posted by Gypsy

Boogyman

What the f**k?

Ex11B
when i was a kid..the scariest movie i saw was "dark night of the scarecrow"

deathbycorn
Candyman 1 & NOES 2 when I was a kid.

Nowadays probably the original TCM and House of 1000 Corpses.

I find things like being hung up on a butchers hook scarier than ghosts from movies like the Grudge etc big grin

FallenForever
twenty-eight dyas later. hands-down.

dreamkilla10
na darkness falls is the scaries movie ive ever seen sad

beta-wolf_101
Oh man, you have no taste in horror movies what so ever do you?

Mistalova
- The Ring
- Phone
When i was young : -Freddy of course & a movie, i dont remember the title. It was a man who killed whith pair of shears, very scared me...

Pandemoniac
Originally posted by beta-wolf_101
Oh man, you have no taste in horror movies what so ever do you?

Or it took him untill yesterday to get the batteries in the remote...

Blue_Butterfly
I would have to say..
1. It..obviously..Pennywise is the scariest ****ing clown Ive ever seen.
2 Candyman...for the longest time I though that SOB was real! I'm not kidding!

Mistalova
My god, i forgot 'It' ****ing clown....

jayy
When I was younger, Friday The 13th Part 1!!! Scared the living S@@t out of me. When Jason came up out of the water at the end, I threw a large drink all over my sister and her friend in the backseat of the car.

Now days:

The Ring

The Grudge

House Of 1000 Corpses (In a weird way)

Most all of the Japanese Horror movies

Has anyone watched The Audition??

If so, what did you think?

My 2 cents...........................

thumbsup

BaronOBeefDip
Jaws scared me when I was little. Not in the sense of being attacked by a great white shark. But, rather in the sense of being pulled under water. I cannot swim, so that's why it scared me.

kanis
starwars This horror film called the idol it was the scariest film i had watched I was only little i think about eight and was really scary. The other film that scared was the first evil dead movie when I first watched I coulden't of even watched the second one but I did eventualy and find that it was not as bad.

papabeard
i Read some where that all clowns, and clown figures are cursed, and its bad luck to own one.

Anyone else know anything about this?

AJAlways
Definitely JAWS!

kanis
starwars The only really scary clown i know is IT the stephen king book and ronald macDonald. And papa beard i like your spaced image its cool.

hellraiser34
Not to many horror movies have come out lately that have freaked me out. There were several when I was a kid that scared me. Salem's lot, although watched it again years later pretty cheesy The Shining is always a classic. Pennywise and the clown from Poltergeist are the reasons I hate clowns to this day. Night of the Scarecrow is another good one.

tabby999
Spice World

p_s_luvit1989
No movie has ever scared me, excluding Pet Sematary b/c when I saw it for the first time after we moved to Maine and my house looked just like that with the path and all.

FalseEnthusiasm
i am not a big one for the scary movies... so i haven't seen may. but i get scared easily. "Hide and Seek" kinda freaked me out though.
and of course Freddy Movies scared the living daylights out of me when i was little. plus "Jason" movies... like i said i am a wuss!

kanis
starwars Salem's lot is pretty freaky with the hovering kid out side his window and the vampire who opens his eyes when the old guy enters the room and he opens his eyes and you see the yellow sith eyes and then he holds up the cross and he jumps out the window and the poor guy has a heart attack afterwards. But the salem's lot with rob lowe in it is pure rubbish and has cheesy cg vamps in it and donald sutherland.

rita14
Well I have to say thatmost horror movies should not be called horror movies because they are not scary. Horror is terrifying Dolls like Chucky only horrify children and loser adults. My faves include: the Ring, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and The Amityville Horror. They each contain horrifying images and alot of blood.

Evil SeeD
the new amityville horror was scary as hell if your watching in the dark, in complete silence with teh sound turned up......Exorcist the beginning was pretty good,

***The Sixth Sence*** BEST Scary movie up to date in my eyes...it was perfect, it was more diturbing than scary, made you think real hard.......i seee dead people.......Ahhhhhhhhhhh

DanieLs_4_Ever
All of the movies listed were good but probably too corny to make me "more scared than Ive ever been".
Idk the Amityville Horror scared me in one part and that was when the tortured indian came up behind the little boy in the mirror in the bathroom...other than that....heh.

Evil SeeD
that part made me jump like 2 feet of the couch, freaked me out, i wasnt expecting that.......

kanis
starwars I'll have to watch that sometime.

haleylovesyou
wow..uhm not the exorcist..that one sucked..not boogyman that was stupid..i liked amityville horror..it was okay..but i havent seen many SCARY movies.. rolling on floor laughing

edit- oh yeah and the sixth sense..WHAT ARE U THINKING!! that movie was retarted!! it waSnt even close to scary!

Spiral Goddess
For me, it was Ghost Story. I wasn't expecting the scares !
The female ghost was pretty gruesome !

sas_hottie
for me probably the grudge, i loved it but had nightmares for ages

Maskedkiller#1
The texas chainsaw massacre 1974 scared the living hell out of me. Just thinking of getting chopped up by a chainsaw for dinner is creeping. If there is one person I would not want to meet face to face, it would be Leather face.

steverules
Originally posted by Evil SeeD
that part made me jump like 2 feet of the couch, freaked me out, i wasnt expecting that.......

I was going to watch that movie and now i hear abou the scary bit I know whats gonna happen when the boy is looking in the mirror, oh well I'll probably still find it scary wink
I think the ring 1and 2(american and japanese) are both scary and i found the grudge rather scary.

Inspectah Deck
It scared me when I was little

steverules
It's a good way to get the kid's to stop the kid's hogging the t.v.LOL. I ain't no dad (maybe that's cause I'm 15) but I'm gonna try it on my kid's when I'm older.
I remember the first time i saw the american version, I was at a sleepover and when everyone was a sleep i was awake cause my feet were near the fire place and I couldn't move them cause there was no room and I was worried that samara (the evil little girl from the ring for those who don't know) and i was worried that samara was gonna grab my feet and pull me up the chimney and kill me.LOL

BaBy_GuRl_00
I'm in2 movies that mind f**k ya' like identity and s**t like that lol but i agree that the care ears movies gave me nightmares lol

BaBy_GuRl_00
lol care bears

deathbycorn
Originally posted by frau
Session 9 really gave me the chills. Way more than the Exorcist or any other movie has. I can handle gore better than I can handle creepy.

There was just something SO unsettling about these normal working guys just doing their job in a place that has a creep factor of 10/10. Filming at Danvers was brilliant... There would be no way to duplicate the uneasiness of that place artificially.

I've done a few abandoned building walk throughs and I would never go into Danvers. (Although I think they recently tore it down....
Is that you Simon? No, Billy. Where is Simon?

Yes Session 9 was one of the scariest movies I have seen in a long time.

thomasgeorge
none realy scared me but the sickest was excosist

steverules
I remeber staying up to watch that and neally throwing up LOL. All though I thought they only needed to make one. Can anyone tell me how they were able to make 2 and 3, I thought the priest who died at the end had gotten rid of the devil and sent him back to hell.

thomasgeorge
me 2

steverules
How old are u? sorry but I'm justing asking out of curiosity, I'm 15.

kanis
starwars the texas chainsaw massacre the 1974 version is so not scary but crap.

Lady_Wonka
mine has to be the exorsist...but its a good film but im not watching it again being christian and all that (thats as far as i go on horror movies)

steverules
I know what you mean, I'm a christian too and found some of it offensive....but that's what you get when you make a movie about the devil so it was to be expected.

Lady_Wonka
yh your right, nothing much freaks me out these days but when your a 13 year old girl watching the exorsist for the first time ever and watching it on your own wasnt a very good idea. My sister made me pomise not to watch it but i still did like a week later...

steverules
I was 13 when I watched it to, how old are you now, cause I watched it two years ago, did they show it again or something.....

Lady_Wonka
im still 13 btw, im a new horror fan but i cant really get hold of horror films that much my mum dosent like me watching them ( you should of seen her freak when she caught me watchinga nightmare on elm street!) and she would kill me if she found out i saw the exorsist.
I england it was on the tv over halloween and so was the exorsist three! although i only watched the exorisist coz i dont think i can bring myself to watch another one! but apart from that film im ok with horror films!

steverules
Surprisingly three didn't really have that much blaspheme in it, I saw it ages ago and thought it was pretty rubbish.
I watched nightmare on elm street ages ago when I was 13, I watched alot of horror movies when I was young, I wonder if it's a stage you go through being 13. Oh well, I'm suprised that youre mum would freak out about you watching a horror film, unless she freaked out bcause it's an 18...

Lady_Wonka
yh i think its more she thinks i might get scared, but oh well. It was really funny last christmas me a my older sister who had come over were having a discussion about horror films and they were talking about nightmare on elm street and they were singing the gay lil chant it then my mum goes ' stoppit your gonna freak jennie out!' and im like 'mum your sooo over protective im not 3 anymore!'

eggmayo
Seriously, there is nothing scary about a fictional story recorded onto some magnetic tape.

steverules
Originally posted by Lady_Wonka
yh i think its more she thinks i might get scared, but oh well. It was really funny last christmas me a my older sister who had come over were having a discussion about horror films and they were talking about nightmare on elm street and they were singing the gay lil chant it then my mum goes ' stoppit your gonna freak jennie out!' and im like 'mum your sooo over protective im not 3 anymore!'

LOL. What's your dad think about it.....?

Lady_Wonka
he was probably asleep...he wasnt very cheerful over christmas last yr i dont know why. probably because my older sisters were all drunk and i had stolen some alcohol from the kitchen and got pissed it was great fun! Unfortunatly I dont talk to my parents much about things

steverules
You say youre a christian but you sound more like a rebel, LOL. My dad isn't very nice to me, he tell's me to get of the computer after I've been on it for 5 min's and then send's 3 hours on it!!!!!!! LOL

Lady_Wonka
my parents no nothing about computers, im no even supposed to be on it so i better get off now. but add me on msn [email protected] or email me!
I am a rebel but christian rebel, i skived loadsa school lately coz i hate it so much!

steverules
You and me both.....see you later

Spiral Goddess
The news scares me. That's why I try to avoid watching it.

Blood Ninja
the grudge..........flippin scary

steverules
Yeah I remember when I first saw that it made me jump but some of the reasons I jumped was cause there were a load of girls who would scream at every scary bit.

kanis
starwars I wouldn't class the grudge as scary but to tell the truth i didn't think it was that good of a movie. My favorite horror movie is dog soldiers because its got, blood, guts and gore and a good plot and its about survival.

SimonW
IT. That was scary.

LizzyT123
IT? I like that movie. I hope you don't mind if I just jump in here, lol. The scariest movie I've ever seen is probably The Shining. That movie is creepy, always bugs me a little bit when I watch it.

steverules
I want to buy IT on video or DVD. Does it end on a cliffhanger or does it have a happy ending.

LizzyT123
The movie IT has a pretty happy ending, I guess you could say. Some things happen before the end that are kinda sad.

steverules
OK thanx.

SimonW
I liked The Shining. Also, I was like 8 when I saw IT for the first time. It scared the shit outta me.

I have the DVD now. I'm over that scary clown.

Pandemoniac
Originally posted by steverules
I want to buy IT on video or DVD. Does it end on a cliffhanger or does it have a happy ending.

'It' is one of the better movie adaptations of a Stephen King novel, pretty scary with good acting, especially by Tim Curry as Pennywise. He truly is one of the most creepy monsters in movie history there.
But concerning the end of the movie, they deviated from the book a bit there, pulling it of no were near as good as it was originally written.
I do suggest you read the book as well, it is far more intense and scary than the movie.

LizzyT123
No matter how weird, or cheesy some parts of IT may be, I'll always like it. Whenever its on Sci-Fi, I'm glued to the seat! Man, I went crazy when I found out that the clown was Tim Curry, and then I told my dad and he didn't believe me...Man, his little "You'll die, if you try!" always still creeps me out though!

kanis
starwars you guys make me want to see it even more now that I know tim curry is in it. To me the shining is not but the scene with the bloated woman in the bath rising up and coming towards him.

LizzyT123
phunk yeah, you should totally see IT.

The shining....made up from a drug filled mind. It makes sense!

lostgirl
The scariest movie ever in my opinion is The 6th Sense. Even if I watch it today, it will still scare the crap outta me.

LizzyT123
The 6th Sense? I think I've only seen it once, and it was when I was like, in second grade. I'm a freshman now, lol!

kanis
alucard The only thing that scared me in the 6th sense was haley joel osmand, not sure if i got that right.

LizzyT123
geez, I barely remember that movie. I deffinetly need to re rent it. But I do remember the twist at the end, and when he visits his wife and his wedding ring like, falls off or something weird like that.

jayy
Sixth Sense wasn't scary at all.

The Shining

The Exocist

Friday The 13 Part 1

Halloween 1 and 2

Ringu

Ju-on

Darkness Falls

Those are scary movies. wink

LizzyT123
DARKNESS FALLS!? WHAT?! that movie is NOT scary! Oh yeah, the tooth fairy is scary roll eyes (sarcastic)

thomasgeorge
none scared me

Killer Terror
Hia i'm new! just wonderin' have any of you seen predator 1
& 2 ? or Alien vs. Predator? They are so cool!!!! ^_^

kanis
alucard mostly everybody has seen predator 1 and 2 and even aliens vs predator, which predator movie do you like the best personally i like predator 2.

jayy
Originally posted by LizzyT123
DARKNESS FALLS!? WHAT?! that movie is NOT scary! Oh yeah, the tooth fairy is scary roll eyes (sarcastic)

roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/user_sigs/customsig_8605_3U.gif

http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/customavatars/avatar1703_2.gif http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/customavatars/avatar1703_2.gif http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/customavatars/avatar1703_2.gif

wink wink

LizzyT123
you'd better give a damn!

jayy
you'd better give a damn!

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/user_sigs/customsig_8605_3U.gif

wink

Darkness Falls was SO MUCH BETTER then ANY of the Chucky movies. wink

xredemption
The Wizard of Oz scared me. =o

LizzyT123
The first and second movies of Childs Play were good! The original was good like most movies, and the second one let you get to know Chucky's personality. And it was good! Darkness falls was so dumb. The only good part was the end! OOOOH! NEED OINTMENT FOR THAT BURN!?

But anyways, yeah, The Wizard of Oz had its scary moments. Like them damn apple trees, throwin them apples at ya. And those flying monkeys...don't even get me started! lol!

jayy
The first and second movies of Childs Play were good! The original was good like most movies, and the second one let you get to know Chucky's personality. And it was good! Darkness falls was so dumb. The only good part was the end! OOOOH! NEED OINTMENT FOR THAT BURN!?

But anyways, yeah, The Wizard of Oz had its scary moments. Like them damn apple trees, throwin them apples at ya. And those flying monkeys...don't even get me started! lol!

ALL OF THE CHUCKY MOVIES SUUUCCCKKKKEEEDDD SOOOO BAD!! They were pitiful at best. Chucky is retarded & you need some taste in movies. laughing laughing laughing

http://files.rocketfish.net/files/macros/byewhore1.gif

deathbycorn
Childs Play was a cool movie... when I was younger... like 12 or 13 I liked the Childs Plays (1,2,3)

Bride of Chucky and Seed of Chucky are shocking but, pure crap laughing out loud

And Darkness Falls was very average, I only saw about the 2nd half on Showtime and didn't care to watch it from the start. I just hope that Joe Harris makes Children of the Corn 8... please!!!

kanis
alucard I'm not a fan of chucky 3 but but two and one are brilliant and the only good thing bride of chucky is the doll fight at the end, I'm not sure i want to see seed of chucky though.

Impediment
The first Child's Play was awesome. IMO. I liked the intensity of the story and the attitude of little Chicky especially. Then the sequels started. Then............we were brought "Seed of Chucky". UGH.

LizzyT123
Seed of Chucky, was soo god awful...don't get me started. Biggest waste of grocery store movie money ever!

Shut up Jayy, your the one talking about grocery store movies being pitiful. Plus you have even agreed with me on some movies, so don't be tellin me that my taste is bad. *****.

pst...hey Impediment, what does IMO mean?

deathbycorn
In my opinion.

Impediment
yah. LOL.

LizzyT123
oh, okie dokie!euro

Impediment
yw

LizzyT123
yw? what does that mean? lol, not good with this abbreviation stuff.

Impediment
you're welcome.

LizzyT123
oh. HA! yeah, thanks once again.

Impediment
No prob.

LizzyT123
uh, yeah!

thomasgeorge
lizzy i love you

AC/DC'S_LVR
i know its not scary but its the nastiest movie i'v ever seen house of 1000 corpses

Impediment
Its gory, but theres much nastier stuff out there.

thomasgeorge
agree

jayy
Originally posted by AC/DC'S_LVR
i know its not scary but its the nastiest movie i'v ever seen house of 1000 corpses

Yeah, House Of 1000 Corpses was awesome. Classic.

wink

LizzyT123
house of 1000 corpses was wicked. Done and Done smile

jayy
YUP.
wink

LizzyT123
clown

thomasgeorge
javy you like preadetor

jayy
Originally posted by thomasgeorge
javy you like preadetor

Predator, yes. The first was the best. I hoping for a Predator III. (Just the Predator)

cool

LizzyT123
I like the way the Predator talks/laughs. That was creepy cool!

kanis
alucard Yeah but its not the predator's laugh its mimicry of billy's laugh and so we don't know what it really laughs like.

LizzyT123
oh....sorry, I've only really seen the movie once, and that was when my brother was a teen...a long while ago. I'm not really an expert, as you can see.

kanis
alucard Its okay I'm not really an expert but more of a really big fan, would you rather be killed by a pred or a alien?

LizzyT123
uh, I'd have to saaaaay.....I'd get killed by a Predator. Hopefully they'd use some blades or sometype of explosion/bomb on me, instead of having an alien live on my face, and then have a baby alien explode from my chest...

overlord
The Feebles. (not kidding, it scared the crap out of me)

LizzyT123
The Feebles? Whats that?

overlord
An early movie of Peter Jackson.
It's about corrupted muppets dealing in prostitution and criminal activities. It scared the crap out of me and I had to turn off the TV during the Vietnam scenes. Of course I was stoned and everything, but it is still highly recommended that nobody watches that movie.

It's the purest of horror.

LizzyT123
muppets? like, kermit?

kanis
alucard Plus it would be cool to see how long we could escape from probably not long though it depends on how good you are and if the predator slips and kills himself on his own blades

LizzyT123
I highly doubt that. The Predators are the men! They won't die to some silly feeble like that...lol.

kanis
alucard That's me corrected i wonder what female preds look like?

LizzyT123
oh, what I really meant was, saying something like, "Mr. T is the man!" but not as them being males. But, I dunno...Maybe the female preds look the same?

mrs_hewson
i rekon that the scariest movie i've ever seen, or one of the scariest movies i've ever seen is "Valentine"
you just have to see it!

LizzyT123
Valentine? That really wasn't the scariest to me. I think when I was verrrrry little, I freaked out watching like, a Phatasm movie.....I'm not too sure. I also freaked out watching The Company Of Wolves, like, when the traveling husband that finally came back started pulling bits and pieces of his skin off, scared the crap outta me. I was deffinetly covering my eyes! But yet peeking! smile

Susan-Storm
Two Words...Actually Two Words and a Number...Final Destination 2..Don't Ask

jayy
Originally posted by Susan-Storm
Two Words...Actually Two Words and a Number...Final Destination 2..Don't Ask

& I'm with u baby. cool

http://img168.exs.cx/img168/4358/googoo2pm.gif

rox
saw 1&2
scream triology
the new dawn of the dead
final destination 1&2

LizzyT123
I didn't think the scream triology was very good....or scary.

ledonias
maybe not the most scary movie ive ever seen but wolf creek was pretty scary mostly because its based on a true story

cutie_pie13
the ring 1

i watched last year, i go shit scared, i neva took pictures of ne thing for a while!!

I Love Snape
Hell Asylum

is boring at the beginning but then it gets scray.

LizzyT123
The Company of Wolves was scary to me a long time ago, and I haven\'t seen it since. I\'ve been to Blockbuster and Audio Visual, my local place, and they both don\'t have it. I\'m pissed off! I really wanna watch it again!

Gaetane
Pet sematary, call me silly i know but Zelda still creeps me out everytime!!

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>