Slither

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Myth
I have not liked a modern horror movie in a long time. However the trailer for this looks promising in a funny Evil Dead way. By that I mean the ridiculouse violence accompanied by bad looking monsters. Anybody else looking forward to this?

kmcdude
Cant say OI have heard of it

Pandemoniac
Got a link for us perhaps?

beta-wolf_101
yes a link would be good so we can have a informed opinion

madsci
maybe it's just me, but this looks like a comedic version/update of Night of the Creeps...

check that, NOTC was comedic (without trying)...let's try this again...

this looks like a remake of NOTC, without that whole-same-title-reference-thing.

frau
Looks good. Sort of in a Tremors style from what I can tell from the trailer.

Link to the trailer:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/slither/

MildPossession
Have being looking forwards to it ever since I saw the trailer.

Koala MeatPie
http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/slither/

WTF is this? laughing Is this supposed to be a horror or Comedie?

Some People just Don't UNdersatnd we are not in the 70ies anymore and Slasher Films are just awfull.

DarkWizard
laughing

What's with the incredibly fat chick?

At least it's got Nathan Fillion.

WrathfulDwarf
This may not be such a lame goofy looking comedy horror film. I been reading some interesting reviews from other forums. I'm planning to see this weekend.

Wolfie
It looks like it might be funny.

b-dan
this looks like a big ripe of from the Fly

Impediment
Originally posted by b-dan
this looks like a big ripe of from the Fly
And how did you come to that conclusion, exactly? I can't see any comparison whatsoever with The Fly and this movie.

doomsday49
This movie remind me of those b grade drive-in horr movie in the fifties. I'm gonna watch it. who's with me?

b-dan
Originally posted by Impediment
And how did you come to that conclusion, exactly? I can't see any comparison whatsoever with The Fly and this movie. Well a guy truning into a bug like thing movie looks retarded anyway

Myth
Originally posted by Myth
I have not liked a modern horror movie in a long time. However the trailer for this looks promising in a funny Evil Dead way. By that I mean the ridiculouse violence accompanied by bad looking monsters. Anybody else looking forward to this?

Holy Shit! I just looked for a thread about this wondering if anybody posted about it and I did myself way back in summer. I didn't even remember seeing a trailer for it until about 4 weeks ago and apparently I saw one over 6 months ago. My mind is baffled.

Anyway, I just saw this. Its the first "horror" film I've seen at the theaters in a long time. I really like it (although this movie I can tell will not be as cool on a small screen). The movie starts out slow and isn't as funny as I thought, but more and more keeps developing so it definitely kept my attention. Very f*cked up movie btw.

Impediment
Well a guy truning into a bug like thing movie looks retarded anyway And just what exactly do you think The Fly is about? If anything, Slither is about infection and infestation.

LizzyT123
Shit dude, this movie, was sooo awesome. I saw it yesterday, and it was one of the best new movies I've seen lately, other than V for Vendetta. It was great man! smile

It was sooo gross it was funny, and the dry humor was hillarious. Too bad it was filmed in Canada big grin

LizzyT123
Well a guy truning into a bug like thing movie looks retarded anyway

schwat!? this was a very good movie smile

doomsday49
yeah, this movie was awesome. "I think it's poison ivy" that ish had me rollin..........lmao

LizzyT123
Originally posted by doomsday49
yeah, this movie was awesome. "I think it's poison ivy" that ish had me rollin..........lmao

hahah, yeah, or the part where they police guys are talking to the mayor..."His arm was all bendy!" that was great smile

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I'm thinking of checking this out tomorrow. I've heard it be compared to the excellent 'Tremors'. Looks fun.

papabeard
Im old gregg!

Röland
Just bought it on DVD yesterday and let me just say this is an AWESOME movie! Good special effects, great one-liners, lots of laugh out loud moments and loads of gore/gross moments to keep the audience satisfied. All the actors were right for their parts and the story while a bit slow in the beginning really speeds up and doesn't stop until the end.

Even though I was born in 1987, I still have seen a lot of the 80's horror flicks like The Fly, The Thing, Night of the Creeps and Tremors. Director James Gunn really pays homage to the 80's style monster movies in Slither. All throughout the film if you watch and listen closely you'll notice names from all these great movies. This movie was great and I recommend it to everyone who enjoyed the 80's monster movies.

thumbsup

vintageSW77
And to think it wasnt even shown at my Multiplex whilst TCM THE BEGGINING notches up its 3rd week

SelphieT
this movie was SO NASTY it was funny, ugh talk about gross laughing out loud

SnakeEyes
Bump.

Thinking about renting this...

Is it worth it?

dave_kodak
i say yes, but most people say no.
Slither doesnt really have its moments.
It has many scene's in which could be called "WTF" worthy.

me i dont need to rent it, Ive seen it 4 times, and i feel its only a 3 time "Seen that" at most.

so far out of ever person i know first hand, who has seen it, other then myself, hates it, and feels it was a mass waste of money.

but if you dont watch it you will never know for yourself.
i say rent it, the worst that can happen is you see some cow's, and have wasted whatever said current film renting fee's there are where you live.

Pandemoniac
Hmm, I liked it a lot. Could have been better in humor and gore but it sure was a great movie for an evening with some friends and beers.
Nice oneliners around and some impressive effects. Definitely rental-worthy!

dave_kodak
well yeah it could have been better, but they made it how they wanted to make it, nathon fillion was more then happy with how it came out.

Cant say i blame him.

Pandemoniac
Very cool movie anyhow! Atleast it went beyond the modern steotype lame horror style with it's old-school vibe and cool scenes. And some of the lines are real ballbreakers!

42ndStreetFreak
This unpretentiously does all it sets out to do.
It has some good gore, some cool FX and creatures, likeable/enjoyable characters, well used humour and mixed various bits from here and there to create it's own film. "The Thing", "Shivers", "Squirm", "Night of the Creeps", "The Blob" and even "Society" were blended together to make a fun horror *new* movie.
The main creature's face gave off a heavy Bilial vibe, "Basket Case's" Frank Hennenlotter was namechecked on a banner, Lloyd Kaufman appeared, Rob Zombie was heard and we had a character named J. MacReady.
Despite some weird criticisms of the CGI, I thought it was very well used, it looked very good for the most part and was utilised as it should be...to enhance 'real' FX and to do impossible things otherwise.
And it was nice to see a film that referenced other films yet still stood on it's own,
Shame that director James Gunn never did the same with his own Zombie film instead of needlessly hyjacking "Dawn of the Dead".

SelphieT
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Bump.

Thinking about renting this...

Is it worth it?

Yes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.