Tifa vs. Zell

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ESB-1138
Final Fantasy 7's Tifa was well trained to beat down her opponents with her fists but so was Final Fantasy 8's Zell. Who would win? I vote for Tifa.

Hooverman
well to be honest u don't really get much background on either one of their fighting techniques so u cant really make a straight answer

AdventChild
yea you can!
TIFA!

dvampire
Zell! "My Final Heaven" whould put her in a coma.

moises
Tifa because I am bias for Final Fantasy VII

StaT1c
Mike Tyson

GrieverSquall
I vote for Zell.

LLLLLink
I seem to recall an attack where Zell ran around the world...

GrieverSquall
Originally posted by LLLLLink
I seem to recall an attack where Zell ran around the world...

My Final Heaven.

LLLLLink
Oh, right, right...
So, uh, Zell?

XanatosForever
It's tough because they feats are few, and being secondary character you never really get a chance to gauge what they can really do.

I think 7 is horribly overrated, but I do think that Tifa stands a good chance here. I'd be willing to say it's an even split between the two of them.

GrieverSquall
Yeah, Tifa looks 'stronger' due to Advent Children, it's always the same with the Final Fantasy VII's characters. If we take in consideration what Tifa does in the movie and then if we look at Zell in his first cut-scene, Tifa cleans the floor with Zell's face. She indeed looks super-human like everyone else there.

But let's look at Tifa's feats in the game, I don't recall anything.
I recall Zell punching a train's floor making it to stop.

Sin_Volvagia
Zell wins. Tifa is as overrated as anything else in FF7.

NemeBro
Originally posted by GrieverSquall
I recall Zell punching a train's floor making it to stop. Holy shit, he did do that didn't he?

Zell wins.

GrieverSquall
Originally posted by NemeBro
Holy shit, he did do that didn't he?

Zell wins.

Actually, he made the train to shake, I watched the scene again now in YouTube, It was years since I don't play Final Fantasy VIII but yeah... With a single punch (without efforts apparently) he made the train to have several shakes.

Here:

1L-5FLGIrdU

Around 5:12

Zell wins.

SpadeKing
To add insult to injury isn't Zell like some sort of master in martial arts or was it a majority of them?

I don't see FF7 AC helping Tifa at all unless she had an extra scene in AC Complete where she actually won, cause Loz took her about as seriously as people do house to house religious visiters.

GrieverSquall
I don't know if a "master" but he's pretty much an excellent fighter and very strong.

wakkawakkawakka
This is more or less a preference thread. Even if someone seems better, they aren't really noticed in their respective games. And I really don't have a preference for hand to hand fighters since they all seem cool to me.

Batman-Prime
I voted for an "draw". Zell's Final Heaven, where he runs around the World and strikes is pretty Badass and with such speed he should be able to defeat anyone from FF 7 or 8. However, both character represent the "MA Fighter" in their Game, they have the same purpose and I don't think that one deserves more respect then the other. Except of this, both are pretty cool. stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.