Pavement VS The Smashing Pumpkins

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SleaterKinney32
I'm a fan of both bands, but Stephen Malkmus (singer of Pavement) has this quiet thing against the Smashing Pumpkins. I think it's interesting, their one song 'Rang Life' is the most obvious clue that he has something against them. But when it comes down to it, who would you choose, Pavement or Smashing Pumpkins?

I'm going for Pavement.

Df02
Pavement

Deathblow
Also, if you read Pavement's biography (which is awesome by the way), Steve explains that the only reason he wrote that line was because he'd ''always wanted to fight Billy Corgan. Just kidding!''. It's not serious, the only reason the Pumpkins refused to tour with Pavement ever again is because Corgan is a stuck up fool. A better thread would be ''Pavement Vs Silver Jews''.

Anyway, I love Pavement, but Smashing Pumpkins are out of their league. Although saying that, Crooked Rain is probably better than anything SP have ever done aside from Mellon Collie.

Cinemaddiction
Anyone else catch the irony of the thread title..happy

Smashing Pumpkins..Pavement..pumpkins smashed on pavement. Oh, screw you, you know I'm clever.

Victor Von Doom
Not so much irony as a job application for The Sun newspaper.

Smashing Pumpkins for me although Pavement are very good.

SleaterKinney32
Originally posted by Deathblow
Also, if you read Pavement's biography (which is awesome by the way), Steve explains that the only reason he wrote that line was because he'd ''always wanted to fight Billy Corgan. Just kidding!''. It's not serious, the only reason the Pumpkins refused to tour with Pavement ever again is because Corgan is a stuck up fool. A better thread would be ''Pavement Vs Silver Jews''.

Anyway, I love Pavement, but Smashing Pumpkins are out of their league. Although saying that, Crooked Rain is probably better than anything SP have ever done aside from Mellon Collie.

Ohhh oh okay. Thanks for clearing that up for me a little. I love Stephen Malkmus, he's so awesome. I'll definitely have to check out that biography, sounds like something worth reading. I just figured Steve really was mad at them for the whole concert ordeal.

MildPossession
I don't think I have ever fully listened to Pavement, can people recommend some songs to get me started, cheers.

Deathblow
Summer Babe and Box Elder are catchy as hell. And my favorite song of theirs, Circa 1762.

SleaterKinney32
The very first I heard of theirs was 'Zurich Is Stained' and 'In the Mouth of a Desert' is really good too.

Darth Jello
Pavement is nothing but a cheap immitation of sonic youth, and the pumpkins just suck

Deathblow
Pavement are better than, and sound nothing like, Sonic Youth.

SleaterKinney32
I agree, they're a lot better.

Solo
Pavement.

Imaginary
Haven't heard Pavement, so I can't judge, but I really like Smashing Pumpkins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.