Sora Bulq vs. Depa Billaba

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dark Thor
Both are Vaapad-practioneers. I'll give this to Sora Bulq

darthsith19
I'd also say Sora. Both have fought Mace. Mace beat Sora and coukld have beat Depa as well but didn't because she used to be his Padawan and he didn't want to hurt her. Both are Vaapad users. Depa is very strong and a Jedi Master but she wasn't standing in the circle of Jedi in Geonosis and Sora is said to be one of the strongest Jedi, maybe even the strongest after Yoda and Mace (at the time of AOTC anyway). I'd say Sora.

FistoFan
She was in a coma. She couldn't be in the Battle of Geonosis. She turned to the dark side.

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/user_sigs/customsig_74922_sl.gif

Se7in
Well, Vaapad would be useless in this battle, since they're both Jedi. What I know of Depa is she was Mace's padawan and was overcome with the darkness of Vaapad. Sora was a legendary lightsaber instructor and one of the finest swordsman the Order had seen. Though he was overcome by Vaapad as well, I think he gets this.

Dark Thor
Originally posted by FistoFan
She was in a coma. She couldn't be in the Battle of Geonosis. She turned to the dark side.

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/user_sigs/customsig_74922_sl.gif

you're wrong. She was looking after the younglings in that battle.

FistoFan
You don't know nothing, Dark Thor! Who said she was doing that?

FistoFan
Teaching the younglings? Yeah right!

Jaster Mereel
Originally posted by Se7in
Well, Vaapad would be useless in this battle, since they're both Jedi. .

Mace Windu used it against Sidious and did an alright job with it.

But Sora because hes a reknown Jedi fighter.

Se7in
Exactly, Vaapad is best used against Dark-Siders. Sora Bulq was a legendary lightsaber instructor and one of the finest swordsman the Order has ever known. Depa was Mace's apprentice, and was a Council Member. I know little to nothing of Depa's combat skills, but I doubt she can hang with Sora for more than ten minutes in a duel.

Rand al'Thor
There is no evidence to support this. Vaapad is according to Nick Gillard "flirting with the Dark Side".

Darth_Glentract
Most of you have probably heard my theory on why Mace was able to use Vapaad so effectivly against Sidious, but let me say it again. This is actually the second theory I developed on it, and I think it is the more likly one.

Sidious clouded himself in the darkside. This made it very difficult to be seen as was shown when he was able to avoid detection for so long. I also believe this was why he was able to defeat the three Jedi in ROTS so easily. The were unable to see him with the force; instead having to use their eyes, something they had been trained not to do. Mace, using Vapaad, was able to see through this shrowd. Sidious didn't cloud the dark side, so Mace, when using Vapaad, had no difficulty seeing him. When he was not using Vapaad, he once again drew upon the Lightside, making Sidious invisible to him again. Yoda was able to overcome this, probably by using his eyes, since he had fought dark Jedi in the past. These dark Jedi in the past would not have been as shrouded as Sidious, allowing Jedi to see them if they knew who they were and they probably recieved special training that was phased out when the Sith became "extinct". The Jedi probably still included this training for a time, maybe three hundred years or so, allowing Yoda to recieve this training as a padawon; he therefor would not know higher forms of this technique, but he had something he could work with, and it allowed him to fight Sidious, even if he was impaired.

If you think that is a bunch of BS, please tell me, but give good reasons, not just because you don't like it.

Back on topic, Sora was a dark jedi, so even if you don't believe in my theory, but you think what I once did about Vapaad users being better against Darksiders, then they would both become better, negating the effects. My opinion on this fight though, Depa wins. She is just overall better in my eyes.

Darth_Janus
Vaapad is NOT strong against darksiders. Get it right. And Depa was not at Geonosis unless I missed her in the movie, which I wouldn't doubt. And she was not in a coma until about six months into the Clone Wars. To my knowledge, she never recovered.

Darth_Glentract
Janus, you think anything good of my theory?

Darth Faunus
Teaching the younglings? Yeah right!

Actually she was, back at the Temple. Either that, or out on a mission. It's better than your lame put-downs and meager excuses. She wasn't induced into a coma until, as Janus said, six months or so into the Clone Wars. You know. AFTER AOTC.

BlackVortex
vaapad is not using the darkside...it's close to it. it's a fighting style that requires a mental state very close to the dark side. the ability to use Vaapad and not turn requires a great commitment to the light side, and the Code.

Vaapad is it's own style, simply that it resembles a Sith mind set and perhaps fighting style because it's so aggressive. you can use it against droids, or people, or Sith, obviously. it's not like...a flashlight that needs Sith for a battery.

Darth Faunus
It simply uses dark, basic, primal emotions, such as anger and the desire to win in a duel, so that the Jedi can truly be unleashed.

jcboy
your theory sucked glentracy just like your kournal on ajunta pall

Darth Faunus
You, my fool of a member, are going to learn to hold your tongue and mind your manners, or find your way on the next boat outta here. You're off to a horrible start as it is; don't make things worse for yourself, although with grammar and spelling skills like that, it's gonna be damn hard.

jcboy
faunus you dont get it do you, tommy v is back *****

Darth Faunus
Ahah. . . the little bastard with the attitude. I knew there was a resemblance. The username fit for a gay stripper helps, too. No matter; you'll be gone soon enough when Ush comes along.

jcboy
ill make another account you idiot i have already made like ten and they have all been banned so ill just make another one

Darth Faunus
You know Raz can sue, right? Didn't think so you being the arrogant snotbag you are. But whatever, I'm not wasting my time here. And I'd lay off the ins - scratch that. It's more fun watching you get all pissed. Cracks me up.

WindDancer
Continue with topic please. We'll handle the socks...now, please stay on topic.

Darth Faunus
Fair enough. I'd say Depa, simply because Sora was wasted by Quinlan. Depa could likely hold her own aganist Master Vos.

Darth Faunus
Vercetti, you're just bored, aren't you. Seeing a second avatar in a day. . . You need a life.

Makashi
Vercetti, you seriously need to lay off. I am not kidding. I will literally (choose here);

1. Grind you into a fine powder and sell you to crack-head

2. Beat you into a fine pulp

3. Beat you until your mush

So cut the crap and leave Glen and Faunus alone. Hell just leave everyone alone and leave KMC. Okey dokey pumpkin?

Darth Faunus
He's banned twice in one day. . . That's pathetic. But back on topic, before we need rebukes. Although I personally don't exactly love this thread a whole lot. I think it's setlled.

chilled monkey
Depa was trained by Mace Windu. She wins this one.

And yes, Vaapad is more effective against Dark Siders because it reflects the Dark Side's power back at itself. How many martial arts are based on using the attacker's own force against them?

Darth Faunus
That's complete bull. Sorry if it sounded harsh, but that's the truth.

Jaster Mereel
Agreed with Faunus.

Child, you have any sources that are legit that state those words exactly? And just because she was Trained by Mace, doesn't mean shes really good. The individual can be great but not be a good trainer.

FistoFan
Yeah, jcboy, don't get off to a bad start like I did!

Lord Janus
Enough with the speculation about Vaapad. The definition of Vaapad is best found by narration and by example in Shatterpoint. Specifially, it -isn't- the Shatterpoint technique. That is unique to Mace Windu. It -is- using primal emotions and learning to enjoy the fight to effectively win it. This doesn't give an advantage against either the dark side or the light side, although it does give a Jedi an advantage against an opponent who normally (Without embracing Vaapad) wouldn't have. Also, I think Vaapad has a lot to do with lightning quick saber strikes and amazing blaster bolt deflction, seeing as both Mace and Depa demonstrate those characteristics and it is implied in the name (From the Vaapad creature with the fast moving, many tentacles)

As for who would win, I would have to say Depa. This is because Vos was able to dispatch Sora, and Vos is not a legendary fighter at all. Depa, however, is pretty damn good with a saber, being able to kill the entire crew of a Haruun Kal gunship in under twenty seconds. That's close to twenty or thirty people. Depa also was able to put up one hell of a fight against Mace, even if he wasn't trying to kill her, it was still impressive that she lasted so long. Mace easily unarmed Sidious, and put Grievious on the defensive pretty damn fast. Depa was able to hold her own for much longer than either of them.

And that's that.

Dragon 89
Yeah, jcboy, don't get off to a bad start like I did!

Mr. jcboy aka Vercetti has already gotten of on a bad start more then once so to speak.

Lord Janus
Yeah, he's banned. That would be obvious if he had read the previous posts.

Dragon 89
Originally posted by Lord Janus
Yeah, he's banned. That would be obvious if he had read the previous posts.
I did read them.

DarthMaul9123
sora bulq is a better swordsman he could take depa

Lord Janus
Prove up.

DarthMaul9123
he was one of the few survivors at geonosis and he trained hundreds of jedi also a good friend of mace and count dooku found him out just to be a sith ally

Lord Janus
Originally posted by DarthMaul9123
he was one of the few survivors at geonosis and he trained hundreds of jedi also a good friend of mace and count dooku found him out just to be a sith ally

- Padme survived Geonosis.

- How did he train hundreds of jedi fully? How old is he? What does it matter?

- Depa was closer to Mace than Sora was. Point?

- Dooku took on Durge and Assajj and Grievious. He wasn't exactly discrimnatory. This proves nothing.

Sorgo
No one can clearly determine who would win a fight like this, considering the fact we haven't seen either of them fight efficiently with sabers against another opponent with a Lightsaber. I hate threads like this.

The Creator
Originally posted by Darth Faunus
Fair enough. I'd say Depa, simply because Sora was wasted by Quinlan. Depa could likely hold her own aganist Master Vos.

Actually Sora wasn't wasted by Quinlan. Sora was actually about to kill Vos, but he raised his saber above his head. Seeing an opening Vos took advantage of the situation and stabbed Bulq in the chest (I don't know if that was exactly where he stabbed him but it probably isn't that important). And I would imagine Sora would be more skilled than Depa in Vaapad since helped perfect it whereas Depa only helped create it.

Sorgo
Actually Sora wasn't wasted by Quinlan. Sora was actually about to kill Vos, but he raised his saber above his head. Seeing an opening Vos took advantage of the situation and stabbed Bulq in the chest (I don't know if that was exactly where he stabbed him but it probably isn't that important).

HAHAHA! Vos shoved a Lightsaber into Sora's chest because Vos is better. Oh and... Being stabbed in the Chest is wastage supreme.

And I would imagine Sora would be more skilled than Depa in Vaapad since helped perfect it whereas Depa only helped create it.

That's shitty Logic.

Lightsnake
Vos just spun around and slashed...vos's battle was as mental as physical.

Sora was able to go head to head with Mace at one point...Depa's proven herself unstable and extremely uncoordinated.

Sorgo
Originally posted by Lightsnake
Vos just spun around and slashed...vos's battle was as mental as physical.

Sora was able to go head to head with Mace at one point...Depa's proven herself unstable and extremely uncoordinated.

Sora wasn't good enough to defeat Quinlan. Bottom line.

Lightsnake
You're right, but if Aayla and Tholme hadn't helped Quin spiritually and Sora hdn't just fought Tholme, things may've gone differently

Sorgo
You're right, but if Aayla and Tholme hadn't helped Quin spiritually and Sora hdn't just fought Tholme, things may've gone differently

That's a good point.

BTW, Aayla and Tholme were trying to get Quinlan back to the Lightside with that Meditation. That's why quinlan went back after that breaking point he had when Aayla pierced his heart. Aayla was trying to show him Love and zee light! wink

darthsith19
edit

Lightsnake
I'm just saying, if Quin remained in the dark, in all likelihood, Sora'd have bisected him and moved onto tholme and Khaleen....the entire point that I got was their influence helped Quin slay his inner and outer demons

darthsith19
sorry, I messed up.

Sorgo
I'm just saying, if Quin remained in the dark, in all likelihood, Sora'd have bisected him and moved onto tholme and Khaleen....the entire point that I got was their influence helped Quin slay his inner and outer demons

You can't make a judgement like that.

Quinlan could have just as easily slayed him as a Dark Jedi/

Council#13
I think Sora barely wins this, because he merely seems like a better Jedi. I think Sora put up a good fight against Dooku (?) not so sure about that. Sora is a great fighter and along with many on the Council with saber skills and well... i am making no sense so I'll shut up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.