Heritage

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RavenKnight
Sumary: Eighteen-year-old Maya, a Mohawk Indian who is descended from a line of Shamanic healers, uses her own newly discovered powers to uncover the story of her ancestor.

RavenKnight
*Maya*
Boston, Massachusetts, May, 2005

Maya fell forward, cracking her head sharply on the glass. The screen saver jarred and jerked, just for a second, then the monitor went black and she was looking at her own face staring back, eye dilated by more than the pain in her forehead. What had the been? Vision or dream? She was cold; she was freezing. Her fingers were bloodless and withered, the nails blue. She looked to the window, expecting to see snow falling, but there was nothing. The sky was a clear evening blue.

Saratn
i love the opening paragraph...suggestion before you go further, read the general fiction rules, before someone comes and reports you. the opening entry is supposed to be 5000 characters, and after that 1000. thought i would let you know. other than that...I love it.

RavenKnight
Thanx.

Saratn
your welcome, and i better see more...i am impatient when i read other people's stories.

RavenKnight
k.

Saratn
curiosity do you favor one word answers by any chance???

RavenKnight
sometimes.

AdventChild
wow! nice! continue!

Barker
I liked your opening paragraph.Your story has my intrigued. smile

RavenKnight
thank you.

hotsauce6548
Nice opening. Keep it up. thumb up

Saratn
hope you get more tonight...(or today depending on where you are...)

Barker
So uh.................Continuing or what?

RavenKnight
It's hard

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.