mental effect of music

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bardock
has music ever drasticlly changed your emotions

SlipknoT
Some Music gets me Pumped up and Energetic, other than that not really.

Red Superfly
Thats the point isn't it?

I listen to a lot of different music from different genres. Some of it makes you feel powerful, some sadness, some happiness, some inspiration, some confusion, some energy. That's the point.

Victor Von Doom
Music is a non-essential activity, so it's reasonable to assume that someone would only listen to it for some kind of emotional response, be that what it may.

Cinemaddiction
The music I'm passionate about moves me both physically and emotionally. I get goosebumps when I listen to some tracks off of "S&M", I cry sometimes when I listen to Fiona Apple, and I rack my brain when I listen to Arch Enemy.

It's a great, great thing.

sully_2u
i think music can be a powerful mind changer. i read in the news paper a while ago that somebody went on a killing spree and said that the music he listens to drove him into it.

Cinemaddiction
laughing

Yeah..well..I didn't MEAN to kill them all..but..oh shit.. confused

intoxicatedpoet
Music, IMO, is like drug, you listen to it and you see something, feel something, whatever something. That's why I despise music videos, they take away the chance to see what the listener wants to see.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by sully_2u
i think music can be a powerful mind changer. i read in the news paper a while ago that somebody went on a killing spree and said that the music he listens to drove him into it.

Music does alot of things, making you commit murder isn't one of them.

-AC

sully_2u
well hey im not saying that music drives people mad, im just stating what i saw in the paper is all

sully_2u
and im reading it right now because i kept it cuz it was like a ****ed up story and "The music didn't make me, it just got me pumped up and into a state of mind where i wouldn't mind killing" so im guessing this guy already had all the rage needed...the music just gave him the right nudge to do it

jaden101
pretty much everyone who has ever committed murder and blamed it on music/film/computer games has subsequently been found to have a mental problem of some significance...no doubt if it were the case that music did make people kill then we would be living in an "equilibrium" style world by now...

Red Superfly
Media is the easiest thing to blame.

They're usually f*cked in the head.

sully_2u
yea this guy went to a mental house this next paper says and he is now on death row which he will prolly die before he gets the chair or some shit

Deathblow
It's the greatest art-form known to man. Anyone who says they haven't been emotionally affected by music at some point in their lives is probably lying.

Red Superfly
Or dead inside.

RagnaViper
See either Dream Theater or Tool live and tell me music hasn't affected you emotionally.

Konjammenson
There are a few songs that make me cry.

Lana
There are many songs that have effected how I feel. Some have managed to get me out of a depressive mood, others have made me cry, etc.

sully_2u
well at live concerts....certain bands get the pits going and pump things up a bit

kakadi
it make s u go crazy..some of them

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.