a little glitch

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wickerman
Noticed a few minutes ago as i was looking at the Home page of the forums that the newest reply in the "General Discussion Forum" belonged to Debbiejo, but the thread it was in showed as blank. Now....i went in (it was actually in the Philosophy forum) and saw which thread it was ("When something makes sense"wink.
I wrote up a reply, entered it, and then it showed me as the last poster in the GDF, and this time it also showed the thread's name. Lemme show you:

After Debbiejo's post:

~wickerman~

Wickerman
After my reply:

~wickerman~

Grand Moff Gav
Oh well im sure Raz'll fix it.If there is anything wrong it may well have just been a little glitch!

yerssot
it happens when someone posts something in a subsection. In the GDF you have a philosophy section, perhaps she posted there?

Wickerman
Originally posted by yerssot
it happens when someone posts something in a subsection. In the GDF you have a philosophy section, perhaps she posted there?

I already said she did in the first post. However, when i posted in the subsection, it showed the name of the thread. It was the exact same conditions, except me instead of debbiejo. Also, i've never seen it happen to other subsections before. When someone posts in the comic book forum or the hulk forum or the (former) Blade forum, it would show the name of the thread as well as the name of the poster. That's why i said this is prolly some sort of glitch. messed

~wickerman~

Ushgarak
Yeah, you spot that every so often with a subsection post.

Also, when two people post in the same area very close together, sometimes the last post displayed will be one of the posters, but the link will take you to the other.,

Wickerman
Originally posted by Ushgarak

Also, when two people post in the same area very close together, sometimes the last post displayed will be one of the posters, but the link will take you to the other.,

Aha.....mkay, prolly just a small glitch determined by the large input of posts messed ..........or just something specific to vB bulletin boards, since i've seen it before on other vB boards as well.

~wickerman~

Raz
I'm still unsure why this happens. If someone could give me the steps to reproduce this, it would help greatly finding the bug.

Lana
I've seen that happen occasionally when someone's posted in a thread that was afterwards moved.

Clovie
what lana said yes i saw it happened with a thread that got moved..
also in the comp help forum.

Bardock42
Yeah...that happens a lot....usually when debbiejo postes yes

Storm
Like Ush said:
Originally posted by Ushgarak

I replied to a thread at 01:12 PM in the Philosophy Forum. Eleveninches created a thread in the GDF at 01:13 PM but it seems as if he replied after me in the same thread in the Philosophy Forum.
He just created a second thread in the GDF (01:13 PM) and the link in the philosophy forum is still on display.
Everything is back to normal now dave123 replied to "Was Tom Cruise right about psychology?".

dave123
Subforums do tend to bugger things up on the main forum page, I've found erm

dave123
example....

Wickerman
Originally posted by dave123
example....

1337 Paint skills yo droolio

~wickerman~

dave123
yeah, i pwn with the basic microsoft proggies!

Ushgarak
Raz- just deleted four bad threads from the SW vs. area- immediately created the above effect. Might be a way to re-create it?

Ushgarak
Just noticed another symptom of this I have seen a few times-

Wickerman just posted a poll in the GDF, yet the link from the main page says his post is in the thread below it, rather than being a new poll.

I do sometimes see poll threads being 'ignored' by the main page like that.

Raz
I'll go have a looksie

Raz
Yep, you were right, the poll script omitted updating the last title with the correct subject.

Should be fixed now.

Ushgarak
Yay!

Wickerman
Ooooooooookay.......the whole thing happened again. While i was on the home page, i got a bit suspicious by seeing the last thread in the GDF to have received posting was entitled "(post)" so i clicked on it to go directly to it. It was a thread in the Philosophy sub-forum called "What is time".

so why doesn't it show the correct title of the thread?

~wickerman~

Wickerman
Here's an attachment screenshot of the thread i got sent to when clicking on the link.

~wickerman~

Raz
Well, at least I know where is the problem is.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Raz
Well, at least I know where is the problem is.

Always willing to help eyes

~wickerman~

Lana
Got another of those glitches....when I clicked it it took me to a post in the Sig Request thread.

Wickerman
It's happening again, exactly the same, in exactly the same place, last post in the GDF. The link redirects to the exact same thread as before, the "What is time" one.

~wickerman~

Wickerman
When clicking link.....redirected to the same thread.

~wickerman~

Clovie
last thread in GDF is "(post)" blink

Wickerman
Originally posted by Clovie
last thread in GDF is "(post)" blink

Yes.......that's what i've been saying..... laughing out loud ......great observatonial skills wink

~wickerman~

Clovie
yeah i know. confused
but earlier it was only like that with the main page. and now it is showed so in userCP blink

dave123
It's because the last thread that was posted in has been moved smart

Storm
Merged stick out tongue

dave123
It says moved, but I couldn't be bothered to click it happy I'll take your word on that

Wickerman
Originally posted by Storm
Merged stick out tongue

yeah, wassup with that? What the f**k?
Sure, this is off-topic, but why do merged threads now look as if they were moved? IIRC on VB bulletin boards when moving a thread you got the "leave a shadow" choice, but when merging, you didn't. Course, my memory may be FUBAR....hmnmmm....

~wickerman~

Storm
A merge leaves a redirect behind to stop people from asking where their thread has vanished to.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Storm
A merge leaves a redirect behind to stop people from asking where their thread has vanished to.

So there IS a leave shadow function even for merging. Damn memory sad

Thanks storm

~wickerman~

Storm
There is, since recently.

Raz
Yes, when I wrote it around a week back.

Clovie
what does it mean? blink
" vBulletin Message
PM receipts are currently disabled."

Storm
Precisely what is says. The PM tracking system is currently out of action.

Clovie
thank you.
i really didn't understand it..confused

Raz
A quick update on the original topic i.e. (post) showing up as last post on the main page.

I have found the bug, and it has been officially squashed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.