Open Auditions For OotP Unlikely

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Phoenix
http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/newsid_4310000/newsid_4318800/4318825.stm

I think I'm gona cwy... sad

cry

Phoenix
Sign my petition here http://www.petitiononline.com/openootp/petition.html

If we get enough sigs, I'm gonna send it to warner brothers

Smodden
*signed*cry

The Ones
*signed*

The Phantom
*Signed* Wish I was British now, they don't allow Americans to audition for it.

shadowy_blue
*signed* Even though I'm not British. smile

Saratn
*signed*

goddess_susu
won't make much of a difference for me, I wont be able to audition any ways sadangel

ilovedaniel
I have signed it 2

harrypotterrocs
signed it hope sume more people do

Smodden
Originally posted by The Phantom
*Signed* Wish I was British now, they don't allow Americans to audition for it.

I can be british if I want to!!!furious

alma negra
*signed* why did i have to be mexican? WHY?

The Ones
im british so i have a chance if they change there mind

Director_Joe
hey! Do you think they're looking for a director???

Saratn
i believe they have one for OOTP already, and they might not be filming the whole thing in the UK

Pielover666
Yay i signed, tho it's not that big a deal really...

Saratn
well it isn't to me either, but it does mean a lot to certain people...(btw nice sig)

The Ones
Originally posted by Director_Joe
hey! Do you think they're looking for a director???

they have one. his name is david yates

shaber
Will they be accepting anyone else for the younger roles who is not photogenic?

Phoenix
No one knows really. in films they are more likely to go for looks than talent, but if the character isn't partic pretty than they wouldn't want the actor to be... which part did you want to try out for.

Ps, spread the word everyone!

shaber
None really, I am too ugly.

Phoenix
don't be silly! no one is ugly unless they a\re a horrible person. if yuo are a nice poerson your inner beauty shines thru

shaber
I heard otherwise from a mental health professional.

Phoenix
what?

shaber
I think it was pretty unprofessional.

Phoenix
what did they say to you? miffed If I was a violent person I'd march oer there and bash them!

shaber
They said it's normal for the ugly ones to be suicidal.

mixy f16
hi i have signed could someone tell me where the auditions thread is? im new and confused and well yer help!

The Phantom
Originally posted by Smodden
I can be british if I want to!!!furious They aren't allowing anyone but actual British people try out. No Americans, Japanese, except if there are characters of the ethinic.Originally posted by Phoenix
No one knows really. in films they are more likely to go for looks than talent, but if the character isn't partic pretty than they wouldn't want the actor to be... which part did you want to try out for.

Ps, spread the word everyone! NO NO NO! BAD! They need talent too! TALENT! WHO'S CASTING THIS DAMN THING!?

Anoushka
Originally posted by shaber
They said it's normal for the ugly ones to be suicidal.

i love your sig love

oh well.i'm unfortunately starting to lose hope in the new actors for the movies sad sorry.

not that i'm still not excited about it smile

Phoenix
Originally posted by shaber
They said it's normal for the ugly ones to be suicidal. mad That is so out of order!

*sends angry brainwaves at psycho psychologist*

shaber
Not psychologist, member of the local supervision team.

Darth Nauj
*sign* grrrr I hope Luna Lovegood comes out because she really is a intresting character plus things wouldnt be the same without her.

The Phantom
Originally posted by Darth Nauj
*sign* grrrr I hope Luna Lovegood comes out because she really is a intresting character plus things wouldnt be the same without her. There will be a Luna, but they will probably just cast some random person, instead of doing a open cast call like they should!

Phoenix
Actually, they're considering cutting out Luna sad Which is horrible, cos I wanted to audition for her

HPRox90
They can't cut out Luna!!! She's awesome!

Lana
Luna's great.....they can't cut her......

Anyway, I signed, even though I live in the US and would have no chance of auditioning anyway.

The Phantom
Are you serious? Is that legal? They can't cut out Luna! She is a damn main character! JKR will be pissed!

HPRox90
I agree with you!!!

HPRox90
In an interview, J.K.R. even said that some of her favorite parts were the ones with Luna in them, such as when Luna commentated the Quidditch match. She loved it when she was talking about "Loser's Lurgy"!

The Phantom
If they cut Luna out and the don't let her do the commentating I am going to scream!

HPRox90
I know!!!

PinkDi@monds
*signs*

PinkDi@monds
If they cut Luna out and the don't let her do the commentating I am going to scream! You and everyone else!

The Phantom
No double posting!

MissDramaQueen
PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAASSSEEE HAVE OPEN AUDITIONS!! sad I GO TO SYLVIA YOUNG THEATRE SCHOOL SATURDAY SCHOOL, AND I REALLY WANT THEM TO HAVE OPEN AUDITIONS!! OMG ITS REALLY BUGGIN ME!! THAT STUPID EMMA WATSON :MAD: LIVES ON THE SAME ROAD AS ME, AND I ALWAYS SEE HER, IT ANNOYS ME COS SHE GOT FAMOUS BY AN OPEN AUDITION, SO WHY CANT I??? FOR GOD SAKE PPL..

MissDramaQueen
PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAASSSEEE HAVE OPEN AUDITIONS!! I GO TO SYLVIA YOUNG THEATRE SCHOOL SATURDAY SCHOOL, AND I REALLY WANT THEM TO HAVE OPEN AUDITIONS!! OMG ITS REALLY BUGGIN ME!! THAT STUPID EMMA WATSON mad LIVES IN THE SAME VILLAGE AS ME, AND I ALWAYS SEE HER, IT ANNOYS ME COS SHE GOT FAMOUS BY AN OPEN AUDITION, SO WHY CANT I??? FOR GOD SAKE PPL..

The Phantom
You wanna know why you can't?! Because your doing it just to get famous! ACTING SHOULD BE SOMETHING YOU LOVE TO DO, NOT SOMETHING TO JUST GET FAMOUS! And I feel sorry for you to live on the same road as Emma as actually saying that out loud. People will be PMing you and talking to you like crazy wanting you to tell Emma stuff.

Mack07
*signed*

^^[leane]
*signed*

Emily_depp
Originally posted by MissDramaQueen
PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAASSSEEE HAVE OPEN AUDITIONS!! sad I GO TO SYLVIA YOUNG THEATRE SCHOOL SATURDAY SCHOOL, AND I REALLY WANT THEM TO HAVE OPEN AUDITIONS!! OMG ITS REALLY BUGGIN ME!! THAT STUPID EMMA WATSON :MAD: LIVES ON THE SAME ROAD AS ME, AND I ALWAYS SEE HER, IT ANNOYS ME COS SHE GOT FAMOUS BY AN OPEN AUDITION, SO WHY CANT I??? FOR GOD SAKE PPL..

DONT LIE! mad

The Phantom
I don't care about her lying I care about he thinking acting is all about being famous! YOU DON"T DESERVE TO BE ACTOR OR ACTRESS IF YOU THINK THAT!

Eternal Hyper
Yeah, you don't deserve to be acting if you think that it's all about fame, but no need to get mad over that.

I'd love to be cast as Luna Lovegood. I've got her personality, dirty-blonde hair... My hair's really short, though, so I'd have to let it grow out. It sucks that they only allow British people to be on the movies. Probably because of the accent, isn't it?

I wish I lived in Europe! That would be awesome. Too bad I can't just go up and move there or something... erm

^^[leane]
not only british ... i think theyr gonna cast some french peple too (dunno well ... just herd of it)

Trickster
I signed it...

Trickster
You wanna know why you can't?! Because your doing it just to get famous! ACTING SHOULD BE SOMETHING YOU LOVE TO DO, NOT SOMETHING TO JUST GET FAMOUS! And I feel sorry for you to live on the same road as Emma as actually saying that out loud. People will be PMing you and talking to you like crazy wanting you to tell Emma stuff.

That's not really true. As it has been pointed out, you must have a love of being a celebrity to have the nerve to do it.

Scottish Hobbit
signed, and i do a fairly good british accent, so i could have a shot

The Phantom
Originally posted by Trickster
That's not really true. As it has been pointed out, you must have a love of being a celebrity to have the nerve to do it. If you can get up in front of people and act, then hell you can have the nerve to do it. But I don't think its right that people take acting in a way just to get famous. Thespis(sp?) would be ashamed of those people. For those who don't know who Thespis is, he is the creator of drama, acting, etc. Thats where the word thespian comes from if you didn't know that.

The Phantom
Originally posted by Scottish Hobbit
signed, and i do a fairly good british accent, so i could have a shot They wont care if you have a good british accent or not... they wont do Americans, they said so so get over it. Oh, and people signing, this isn't for keeping Luna in the movies, its for getting Open Cast calls...

Acherontia
As house Said : "You have the Queen on Your money, Your birtish".

*Signed*

sonictheheghog
i only watch the harry potter movies to see emma watson

Saratn
hehehe

hp_slash_luva
*SIGHNED*
IM BRITISH big grin

BUT I LIVE IN CANADA sad

slim_thug
yah........emma watson.................drroooolll...............

Lord DarqueLand
Signed.

The Phantom
Originally posted by slim_thug
yah........emma watson.................drroooolll............... Another reason why people shouldn't be actors or actresses. Just to meet famous people. You should be an actor or actress because you love to act people!

Director_Joe
...and/or because you're good at it and you make a ton of money.

The Phantom
... You guys are disgraceful! Acting shouldn't be about the money, it should be about your love of acting.

aibiaf
hi evry1! my friend and i have already signed!
i'm from italy & i sent a letter to leavesden studios w/ cv, photos&ect 5days ago, to ask them if i could have a chance to audition for tonks!
i love acting, and i do it since i was 3. i can speak 3foreign languages.english included...
i think that you're too aggressive w/ those who want to be in the film 'cause they want to meet the crew. i think this people will understand that's not really relevant for wb and if they want to act, even without being so rude!
bax (kisses)

aibiaf
hey, till when can we sign for the petition?
i spread it on the net... wink now, everybody knows it, i think!
well, i do it because i'd really like to take part in ootp film, and i know that i could not have any chances, because i'm italian, but i won't give up without fighting! i love performing too much, and this is a great opportunity to test myself and have fun at the same time! yeah, i know i'm boring you...sorry guy! lol bax

danagrint
I signed that petition

danagrint
If I were to try out for Luna, I probably wouldn't make it because I don't have a BRitish accent

Saratn
too bad...that sucks, my friend is a terrific actress but she doesn't have the British accent either, and we live in America, and they only want people from England really.

danagrint
I live in Florida lol

Saratn
too many people I know live in Florida...1...2...3...4...5...6...7....why does everyone live in Florida? I live in New Hampshire.

danagrint
lol, I used to live in New Jersey though, I have been to New Hampshire

The Phantom
Floridian! wOOt!

HPRox90
Lucky!!! At least it's warm there!!!

Hermione202
I live in a place where there isn't snow . I always wanted to see snow...

Saratn
where in NH?

The Phantom
Originally posted by Hermione202
I live in a place where there isn't snow . I always wanted to see snow... Likewise, Hermione. This is what we get for livin' in the south.

danagrint
I live in Florida but I used to live in new jersey so I loved the snow

lunalovegood118
i dont mean to offend anybody here, but like there are more important things than wb not letting anyone outside of britain audition for harry potters, and you should be able to understand that if they cast americans or any people from other countries then it would mean a big mix up because hogwarts is a british school and also they would have to pay you in your own currency which would cause problems. if you want to be in harry potter that much then wait until foreign roles come up or silent extras because they would definatlely cast foreigners for foreign witches and wizards and maybe for silent roles. smile

The Phantom
Originally posted by lunalovegood118
i dont mean to offend anybody here, but like there are more important things than wb not letting anyone outside of britain audition for harry potters, and you should be able to understand that if they cast americans or any people from other countries then it would mean a big mix up because hogwarts is a british school and also they would have to pay you in your own currency which would cause problems. if you want to be in harry potter that much then wait until foreign roles come up or silent extras because they would definatlely cast foreigners for foreign witches and wizards and maybe for silent roles. smile Exactly.

dansdaman
*signed* stupid canadian citizenship...at least we still get to enjoy watching the movies

gshkris7272
*sighned*

Originally posted by dansdaman
*signed* stupid canadian citizenship...at least we still get to enjoy watching the movies

lol yeah man... but i hope you guys can tryout for it<3

dansdaman
me too.....heck i know it wont happen, but i SOOO wish it would

danagrint
I don't have the accent

dansdaman
me either...but i can act it....no , i really can

danagrint
lol me toosmile

dansdaman
cool

Threaldeal92
*singed* I have good news i'm moving to Britiam so i have a better chance then i thought i would have but i think Americans should also be able to audition for this

Threaldeal92
who cant imitate an english accent

Threaldeal92
Im writing letters overseas before i leave to go to britian write to the actors they usuall send u something useful back

Threaldeal92
at least dan radcliffe did go to addresses.com they r under celebrity adresses

The Phantom
No double.. triple, or quadruple(sp) posting!

LonDon06
Originally posted by lunalovegood118
i dont mean to offend anybody here, but like there are more important things than wb not letting anyone outside of britain audition for harry potters, and you should be able to understand that if they cast americans or any people from other countries then it would mean a big mix up because hogwarts is a british school and also they would have to pay you in your own currency which would cause problems. if you want to be in harry potter that much then wait until foreign roles come up or silent extras because they would definatlely cast foreigners for foreign witches and wizards and maybe for silent roles. smile

good someone else feels the same

I actually think this is a good idea only holding open audtions if they can't find someone through agencies. It gives the unknown actors a better chance.
Also if your so serious about acting get an agent, but if your just audtioning to get into Harry Potter then dont bother.

The Phantom
Originally posted by LonDon06
good someone else feels the same

I actually think this is a good idea only holding open audtions if they can't find someone through agencies. It gives the unknown actors a better chance.
Also if your so serious about acting get an agent, but if your just audtioning to get into Harry Potter then dont bother. You know they don't listen, they still want to try out. Anything you say to them about acting they wont listen. Been trying to tell them stuff bout it for a while.

LonDon06
Well thats their fault they don't listen to people who know this stuff

dansdaman
relax guys we're just having fun

CRESCENT_MOON
there better be open auditions for the 5TH harry potter movie!

bubbles33
i dont think i have a english accent.

LonDon06
Originally posted by dansdaman
relax guys we're just having fun
you may be but some ppl are serious

Diamond~Kisses
How great would it be to be in Harry Potter, though?

Piggle Humsy
yes

I'd do it just for the outfits.

wizard

The Ones
You arent able to view the list of names on the petition list

thomxxx
hey guys! i was just wandering what kind of people they need for the next few films, like er.. what nationalities, just english?

tricoloredf
ok i'm new at this whole thing and first of all i wanna tell u that im so stupid i read everything from the bottom of the page up...so im all mixed up and backwards anyways i am so freakin mad that they wont let me try out just cuz i live in florida but my accent well fake ones pretty good

tricoloredf
o and just to add to that...this has been my dream job for wut now five years? unjust and unfair and its gotten so far that i have even cried over the fact that its probably never gonna happen =[[[

The Phantom
No double posting. Edit button there for a reason.

scurran
Originally posted by Diamond~Kisses
How great would it be to be in Harry Potter, though?

very

floridahpfan619
I love the hp movies i would consider it an honor to be one y do i have to live in Florida i want to go to England its always been my dream to be in one the movies ever since i read the first book i fell in love with them i fell in love with the movies it's just a shame that i might never get a fair chance at an audition for the movies please director i ask u to reconsider and give us a chance. sad PLEASE. I would do anything.

e.evans
sighned

melinda_warren
i'm going to one of the not open auditions. but proper auditions

Emily_depp
Originally posted by melinda_warren
i'm going to one of the not open auditions. but proper auditions

how you manage that cos if its not open the director comes 2 find u as in searches schools and that

melinda_warren
invite

Emily_depp
invite

u a famous actor then???

melinda_warren
nah. i'm 13

Emily_depp
nah. i'm 13

its called sarcasum and how did u get invited if ya not den? u telling lies??????????????????

melinda_warren
no seriously. my friends cousin did a favour for one of the actors in it and they got us auditions.

lzyjosh
*signed too*

but for me, no way, coz im asian...

melinda_warren
oh well there are other movies, you never no

IcyMag3
nv took as much interest in movies other den HP

melinda_warren
really? wow! you should never take such a blocked aditude

IcyMag3
haha, well tell me, wad other movies will need 15yr old teens?

melinda_warren
er...i er forget that then

IcyMag3
haha laughing

babysooner13
*SIGNED*

Dark_angel_214
can i jst ask why u would want 2 be in a movie full of UGLY boy??? can i jst ask why u would want 2 be in a movie full of UGLY boy??? can i jst ask why u would want 2 be in a movie full of UGLY boy???

deathtodraco
hmmm very true

scooby doo 12
*signed*

mega reader32
hey whats up

The Phantom
Originally posted by mega reader32
hey whats up No pointless comments.

springboy34
No pointless comments. i know that is piontless but he is my twin brother.but guess what he forgot his password.

~Midnight_Miss~
Wow, two of you. Now how about we get back on two the topic of this thread springboy?

fredzilla13
yeah! LETS KICK THIS PIG!

ok when does the movie come out? 2007? 06?

babysooner13
Well, you have to have every character in the book in the movie (my opinion) because it would've been pointless for JKR to put a character in the series that doesn't even contribute to the books more than once. Well, maybe not. Even a character that only appears once is a big part in the film. If they don't cast Luna, then what about the DA meetings and what goes on there? When the kids are fighting Voldemort in the Ministry of Magic, Luna was there, right? I just think it'd be stupid to have her in the movie, introduce her in the wrong part of the movie, and not understand why she's there. The film makers have to take the perspective of someone who hasn't read the books yet. People watch the movie who haven't read the book. If they don't know how the book goes, they're already missing out on things in the movie... if you don't put certain characters in that make a difference in the movie, they'll be missing something. I dunno, take my mom for example. She watches the movies, but doesn't read the books. She doesn't understand certain events that don't make sense, and since I've read the books, I have to fill her in on what the film makers left out. I'm just saying, with out all the characters and events, it's just stupid to do so.

babysooner13
I HOPE THE MOVIE COMES OUT BEFORE I DIE! IT'S TAKING FOREVER!

The Phantom
Sigh. No double posting!

d-fly_girl008
i totaly understand about the leaving parts out thing... i hope they don't do it as bad in ootp as they did in other movies... that would suck

Lord Tomahawk
signed u have my full support

NECROSIS
Signed But am Egyptian :-(

The Phantom
Not sure if this thread matters much anymore. O.O

Tonnochi
this is a test for my sig.

The Phantom
Originally posted by Tonnochi
this is a test for my sig. Do no post pointless stuff please.

Nickey
I would like to audition also
But can't
Mother would never allow it

Barker
Neither would the Execs.

Nickey
Ameture

Mortalitas
Learn how to spell the word first

Nickey
Amatures