How many people would have an affair?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Shakyamunison
If the conditions and circumstances were right, would you have an affair?

Jedi Priestess
Been there and done that, not worth the trouble. no

Alpha Centauri
Never, you couldn't pay me enough to do it.

-AC

bardock
no

PVS
hell no. what goes around comes around and i pride myself with the fact that i never cheated. doesnt mean much to many, but it means alot to me.

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess

Agreed

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

-AC

Agreed

Done it to someone and had it done to me, its a thing you grow out of when you realise other people have feelings to. It shows a lack of respect, if you feel the need perhaps the relationship needs closing, you certainly need to think about what the realtionship your in means first and secondly perhaps discussion is needed, although I concede this has the potential to end the relationship in itself.

BackFire
Nah.

DarkC
No.

Sadly, 50% of married couples do end up cheating on the other. One out of five of those who cheat only do it once, and otherwise stay together.

Darth_fury
no i wouldnt

jaden101

-AC

i've got a whole 50p here with your name on it big boy

laughing

a1hsauce
nope.. not that kind of guy *pulls pants up to nipples*

jaden101
Originally posted by a1hsauce
nope.. not that kind of guy *pulls pants up to nipples*

we can tell what kind of a guy you are by the fac that you have "brown baron" and a picture of a cartoon dog sticking its ass out at you in your avatar

stick out tongue

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by jaden101
i've got a whole 50p here with your name on it big boy

laughing

You drive a hard bargain, Mr. Jaden.

-AC

Whirlysplatt
we can tell what kind of a guy you are by the fac that you have "brown baron" and a picture of a cartoon dog sticking its ass out at you in your avatar

stick out tongue

Cruel but damn funny laughing

a1hsauce

stick out tongue
laughing out loud and what kind of guy would that be? shifty

Pyrofly
i couldnt see my self doing that.. i could see me being the one to get cheated on, im to forgiving and caring to do that

jaden101
You drive a hard bargain, Mr. Jaden.

-AC

hey...i'm scottish...the reputation for being stingey with money is well earned...who would've thought i'd be campaigning FOR stereotypes...

jaden101
laughing out loud and what kind of guy would that be? shifty

the kind who is fond of brown sauce and disney cartoons...what else?

whistle

KidRock
Never with my wife. With my g/f on the other hand..

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by KidRock
Never with my wife. With my g/f on the other hand..

You and me both laughing

Capt_Fantastic
I have cheated on boyfriends before. So, the question of "would I" is moot. Would I do it again? No. As others have said..karma is a *****. Beyond that, I'm not 22 anymore. Having affairs no longer makes sense to me. I'm more concerned with being happy, and cheating on your boyfriend doesn't help/prove/solve anything.

Alpha Centauri
The way I see it, to add to that, is as though cheating is an occurance for a person who doesn't know what they want. Or they want two things they can't have at the same time.

My advice would be, don't commit if you aren't sure if it's what you want and if you DO want it, say no to the quick fling.

No matter how long you've been in the relationship, if you're reasonably happy and just bored in the bedroom, no amount of lack of sexual spark warrants going off and f*cking some other person. There are ways to spice things up, and if the marriage/relationship IS ruined as a result, end it before you play the field.

Cheating is just so unneccessary and needless.

-AC

GuitarBunny
nope.. not that kind of guy *pulls pants up to nipples* 'ow you doing? swank

vaya_the_elf
Cheating is wrong. I would never do it

LLG
I wouldn't either, but I've never been married, so... I don't know.

Leo.M
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess

I lost my girlfriend because it and I Still love her but she's so mad at me sad weepdown

vaya_the_elf
Cheating can hurt people very badly

RedAlertv2
Attention! Captain Obvious on Deck!

bilb
Originally posted by RedAlertv2

miffed

bash

bilb
The way I see it, to add to that, is as though cheating is an occurance for a person who doesn't know what they want. Or they want two things they can't have at the same time.

My advice would be, don't commit if you aren't sure if it's what you want and if you DO want it, say no to the quick fling.

No matter how long you've been in the relationship, if you're reasonably happy and just bored in the bedroom, no amount of lack of sexual spark warrants going off and f*cking some other person. There are ways to spice things up, and if the marriage/relationship IS ruined as a result, end it before you play the field.

Cheating is just so unneccessary and needless.

-AC

ok AC.. not trying to pick a fight here.. just trying to get this straight..

in another thread you said:

ok so do you mean to tell me if your gf/wife went down on another guy while you were with her but didnt actually have sex as in 'penetration' that thats ok?? i dont get the logic

messed

vaya_the_elf
Originally posted by RedAlertv2

Well some people don't have a whole lot of wisdom stick out tongue

pr1983
I've done it... its not worth the hassle...

Would, i cheat anymore? No...

vaya_the_elf
Better not stick out tongue

pr1983
Originally posted by vaya_the_elf
Better not stick out tongue

i was young and reckless... I've changed...

Bardock42
Probably not, I personally think that Honesty is a virtue, but I although kno that I am very bad in controling myself....it'S sad but true....now I'd say no but I can't really tell what I will do if such a situation comes up.....
And there are circumstances that will hurt someone anyways. Lets say you find you are in love with another woman and she with you...so you either hurt her and yourself or your wife (g/f) and possibly children...it'S not always black and white.....and even though PVS won't agree it'S surely not immoral to do it.....

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by bilb
ok so do you mean to tell me if your gf/wife went down on another guy while you were with her but didnt actually have sex as in 'penetration' that thats ok?? i dont get the logic

messed

Well considering I was talking about how oral sex doesn't constitute losing your virginity with no connection to fidelity, I'd suggest you note context next time.

-AC

Bardock42
Quite out of context indeed.....

Fire
I think it doesn't show very much respect to your girlfriend. I'd never do it to Storm, she's the only one I need tbh.

Darthburgerking
Cheating is stupid I mean theres no good reason to do it if your doing it at all just break up with the person don't be greedy, plus if you want to have sex with someone else that badly go out with them! it's just so dirty and everyone that has done it always says I wish I hadn't so why do it in the first place.

snehin
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
If the conditions and circumstances were right, would you have an affair? not if my life depended on it either u hav a relationship with her or u break it up but never cheat!

xmarksthespot
Apparently approximately 1 in every 25 fathers is raising a child that is not biologically their own and is unaware of this.

botankus
If this question was posed in the infamous "Humans Having Sex with Animals?" thread, would everyone's answers be the same? puke

Bardock42
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Apparently approximately 1 in every 25 fathers is raising a child that is not biologically their own and is unaware of this.

And how any are there that are aware?

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Bardock42
And how any are there that are aware?
Not sure. Why do you ask?

snehin
Not sure. Why do you ask? im curious was bout to ask the same thing!

Bardock42
Not sure. Why do you ask?

well cause I'd like to know how many people raise not their own kids.......

Bardock42
Originally posted by botankus
If this question was posed in the infamous "Humans Having Sex with Animals?" thread, would everyone's answers be the same? puke
I don't visit it anymore...therefore...No....

fini
Hmm, if a relationship/marriage is good, then I wont cheat. But once its heading towards the end, I will and have stray. Thats kinda my way of cutting emotional ties.

Storm
It is faulty thinking to believe that if you are attracted to someone else there must be something wrong at home. It' s possible to be attracted to somebody else, even if you have a good marriage.

Exit affairs. They provide the means to an end. It' s the excuse for a marriage ending, but not the real reason the marriage comes to such a painful end.

botankus
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
If the conditions and circumstances were right, would you have an affair?
Probably not,
No....

Dude, Bardock, that's sick!!

Bardock42
Dude, Bardock, that's sick!!

Yes...well ...what can I say...I really really like my dog embarrasment ......furthermore....totally out of context frenchy.....

pr1983

Thats just wrong...

Alpha Centauri
I'd never father kids...

Much less ones born out of my wife/girlfriend's infidelity.

-AC

debbiejo
I'd never father kids...

Much less ones born out of my wife/girlfriend's infidelity.

-AC

Many people aren't aware that they have..........

PVS
its like chris rock said. men and women tell different lies.
for a man: i wasnt cheating on you, i was hanging out with my friends.
for a woman: its your baby

laughing out loud

pr1983
I would (father kids), but im so paranoid id probably have a paternity test anyway...

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by PVS
its like chris rock said. men and women tell different lies.
for a man: i wasnt cheating on you, i was hanging out with my friends.
for a woman: its your baby

laughing out loud

Chris Rock's the man, very funny.

-AC

debbiejo
Originally posted by Storm
It is faulty thinking to believe that if you are attracted to someone else there must be something wrong at home. It' s possible to be attracted to somebody else, even if you have a good marriage.

Exit affairs. They provide the means to an end. It' s the excuse for a marriage ending, but not the real reason the marriage comes to such a painful end.

The statistics show what Storm said to be true.....BTW...I've been cheated on....Just didn't know about it till later....Maybe I'm a brave person, but I got over it.

Whirlysplatt
I'm adopted my adopted dad is my real dad as he never beat the shit out of me at and before three months oldsad. Biology (and speaking as a Molecular one I can say this smile ) is overrated sometimes!

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
I'm adopted my adopted dad is my real dad as he never beat the shit out of me at and before three months oldsad. Biology (and speaking as a Molecular one I can say this smile ) is overrated sometimes!

I have no idea what you're saying.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
He's saying that Biology Connectedness is overrated...emotionally you have to be connected.

Capt_Fantastic
He's saying that Biology Connectedness is overrated...emotionally you have to be connected.

Ah, cheers

Kosta
Nope, never. Even if I was in a relationship with a person that I didnt like and the person wanting to have the affair could very possibly be the one I spend the rest of my life with, I would still do right by the person Im in the relationship with and either break up with them first or take other action, situation pending.

botankus
Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
I'm adopted my adopted dad is my real dad as he never beat the shit out of me at and before three months old

He's saying he has had the legal rights to adopt his own dad since he was three months old, but he never turned him into a "real" adopted father until he squared off with him man-to-man. Even if it was three-month old adoptor getting beaten senseless by a full-grown adult adoptee. smile

dave123
I have no idea what you're saying. rolling on floor laughing

bilb
Well considering I was talking about how oral sex doesn't constitute losing your virginity with no connection to fidelity, I'd suggest you note context next time.

-AC

ok maybe i should have included context.. my point is tho.. isnt sex is sex is sex? like i said.. not trying to pick a fight, i just dont understand the logic here

debbiejo
It's not about sex....It's about emotions.....But it could be either, I guess...

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by bilb
ok maybe i should have included context.. my point is tho.. isnt sex is sex is sex? like i said.. not trying to pick a fight, i just dont understand the logic here

Well maybe because you're comparing two drastically different comments about two drastically different subjects. Let's take a step back.

My comment about oral sex not qualifying for a girl losing her virginity was on a topic about what constitutes virginity. It had nothing at all to do with fidelity, at all. Don't see why you're making the connection.

This is a thread about cheating being wrong. Why are you applying the above comment to a completely unrelated thread?

Second: To me, sex is sex outside of a relationship, when I'm single. I don't lie or promise girls anything in order to get action, I'm not that hard up for it. If I'm in a relationship, I'd never think about straying and if I ever did (as a result of...I dunno, internal relationship problems) I'd make an attempt to sort out the problems first and foremost and if they fail, end the relationship. I'd never cheat.

-AC

bilb
Well maybe because you're comparing two drastically different comments about two drastically different subjects. Let's take a step back.

My comment about oral sex not qualifying for a girl losing her virginity was on a topic about what constitutes virginity. It had nothing at all to do with fidelity, at all. Don't see why you're making the connection.

This is a thread about cheating being wrong. Why are you applying the above comment to a completely unrelated thread?

Second: To me, sex is sex outside of a relationship, when I'm single. I don't lie or promise girls anything in order to get action, I'm not that hard up for it. If I'm in a relationship, I'd never think about straying and if I ever did (as a result of...I dunno, internal relationship problems) I'd make an attempt to sort out the problems first and foremost and if they fail, end the relationship. I'd never cheat.

-AC

ok just trying to get it straight in my own head is all smile

Alpha Centauri
No problem...

Still a little puzzled as to why you took one of my completely unrelated OTF replies and brought it here though.

-AC

Whirlysplatt

Exactly smile

bilb
No problem...

Still a little puzzled as to why you took one of my completely unrelated OTF replies and brought it here though.

-AC

sorry i didnt mean to stir anything up.. i just saw your replies in both threads withing minutes of each other & went.. huh? thats all smile

EsteemedLeader
what if we arent much for the whole "marriage" thing. does the question still apply? how do we vote?

debbiejo
Many marriages are just like room mates....nothing more.

bilb
Originally posted by debbiejo
Many marriages are just like room mates....nothing more.

yup i have inlaws like that messed

JToTheP
I wouldn't, and if she did, I'd dump her ass on the spot, and wait a while, than ask out her sister. big grin laughing

RedAlertv2
Originally posted by vaya_the_elf
Well some people don't have a whole lot of wisdom stick out tongue

ok i admit it was a bad joke stick out tongue

FeceMan
The question is not "Would you have an affair?".

The question is "Would you be able to resist the temptation of an affair at the exact moment when the temptation arose?".

Snoopbert
no

The Omega
If I were tempted I'd take a good look at my relationship/marriage...

shaber
quite so

debbiejo
Originally posted by FeceMan
The question is not "Would you have an affair?".

The question is "Would you be able to resist the temptation of an affair at the exact moment when the temptation arose?".

this is the better question...people don't go around thinking about having affairs...

botankus
And judging by your sig line, debs, we already know the answer to question #2 for your sake...

debbiejo
blink

HAHAHAHAHA....Maybe I should change it..... laughing out loud

And Hey....you never visited the west wing cell C-9........I brought glue...

botankus
I was there, I think. Baby Food, art class. Glue, chow time. Don't be late next time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.