Jessie Custer with time to speak a sentence v Phoenix

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Whirlysplatt
Discuss

PimpXMaster
Homey, are you Homey serious Homey Splat. Homey. Well Phoenix Homey.

Whirlysplatt
The word of God v The Phoenix force I'm very serious smile

PimpXMaster
Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
The word of God v The Phoenix force I'm very serious smile

THE WORD, HOMEY. Anything with God in it, automatically wins.

yahman
Originally posted by PimpXMaster
THE WORD, HOMEY. Anything with God in it, automatically wins.

The phoenix force is kinda like one of Gods limbs. Well thats the impression that G.S. is giving me.

Whirlysplatt
But the word of God beats it imo

Creshosk
God's mouth versus God's hand.

This is a toughie. . .

Unrelated picture:

http://nycshowcase.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/catseehear.jpg

Whirlysplatt
Its gods word that creates smile In the beginning thats all their was allegedly smile

Creshosk
Its gods word that creates smile In the beginning thats all there was allegedly smile So this is another my force of creation versus your force of creation?

Then in that case it's more like God's voice versus God's mouth. . .

Whirlysplatt
John 1:1

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God

smile Not Phoenix

Keep the faith smile

Stay Whirly rock

Creshosk

smile Not Phoenix

Keep the faith smile

Stay Whirly rock Not Jessie Custer either.

yahman

smile Not Phoenix

Keep the faith smile

Stay Whirly rock

Consciousness of God vs his limbs

'And God said make me a cripple'

And he was one.

Technically he's not creating!!!!!!!!

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by yahman
Consciousness of God vs his limbs

'And God said make me a cripple'

And he was one.

Technically he's not creating!!!!!!!!

Not quitesmile

Then God said, 'Let there be light'; and there was light. God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness" (vv. 2-4).
Those opening words in the book of Genesis tells us about Moses' view of creation and the sovereignty of the Creator over all of His creation. The God who created Israel also created the entire world and everything in it. Since God is before all things and created all things, there can be no idols or false gods. like Phoenix smile

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by Creshosk
Not Jessie Custer either.

No your right the concept of Jesse is a lot easier to understand thoughsmile

http://www.univie.ac.at/Anglistik/easyrider/data/preacher.htm

Creshosk
like Phoenix smile Like Jessie Custer?

Whirlysplatt
Like Jessie Custer?

Jessie is basically just a man. Not a universal force of Blah Blah Blah smile

Piedmon
"**** off."

Jessie wins. smile

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by Piedmon
"**** off."

Jessie wins. smile

so true smile

Creshosk
Jessie is basically just a man. Not a universal force of Blah Blah Blah smile And that changes what I said how?

Whirlysplatt
Jessie Wins smile

CorderaMitchell
GS is gonna love this!

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
GS is gonna love this!

laughing out loud I can see an essay coming up about the White Crown Phoenix is greater than the word of God himself laughing out loud blah, blah, blah - etc. etc., bullshit, bullshit wink I reckon 4 pages should bore most people into agreeing laughing

Keep the faith smile

JP beats them both

Stay Whirly rock

leonidas
i gotta feeling he's gonna have a hard time rationalizing this one away . . .

sad

grey fox
jesse custer wisn this so easily

Phoenix - I am phoneix......

Jesee- Blah blah blah now piss off

Phoenix- (pisses herself)

ImmortalOne
Hahahha

Solidus Snake
jesse takes the power from her and lets tulip blow away her kneecaps

CorderaMitchell
laughing out loud I can see an essay coming up about the White Crown Phoenix is greater than the word of God himself laughing out loud blah, blah, blah - etc. etc., bullshit, bullshit wink I reckon 4 pages should bore most people into agreeing laughing

Keep the faith smile

JP beats them both

Stay Whirly rock rofl!

Originally posted by grey fox
jesse custer wisn this so easily

Phoenix - I am phoneix......

Jesee- Blah blah blah now piss off

Phoenix- (pisses herself) rofl!! 2

GalacticStorm
A human imbued with the word of God versus Gods creation aspect.

Come on guys you can do better than this.

CorderaMitchell
So who wins?

Whirlysplatt
So who wins?

Jessie smile easily, he gets to speak smile

GalacticStorm
So who wins?

Its like having a fight with yourself. Although i doubt Jesse is a direct incarnation in our plane of existence of what he is imbued with.

Creshosk
Jessie: "What are you?"
Phoenix: "Your end!" *Blast*

Phoenix wins. smile

Unless its in Jessie's personality to instantly try to destroy whatever he sees. wink

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Its like having a fight with yourself. Although i doubt Jesse is a direct incarnation in our plane of existence of what he is imbued with. So who wins? big grin

Whirlysplatt
Not Really smile Jessie is a clever and irreverent look at religion for adults smile

Phoenix started out as a good character, but became hilarious and valueless smile

GalacticStorm
Not Really smile Jessie is a clever and irreverent look at religion for adults smile

Phoenix started out as a good character, but became hilarious and valueless smile

Valiant effort. Bravo Whirly laughing

Whirlysplatt
Jessie: "What are you?"
Phoenix: "Your end!" *Blast*

Phoenix wins. smile

Unless its in Jessie's personality to instantly try to destroy whatever he sees. wink

My thread I choose the Sentence smile

Creshosk
My thread I choose the Sentence smile The character chooses the sentence, since such a thing would still be under their personality. smile

willRules
This thread is stupid......no offence, but it sounds like someone who is having a go at insulting Phoenix.............

Whirlysplatt
OK lets give a scenario Ggod has told him in the Marvel Universe all problems with creation are the Phoenix fault smile The Phoenix has introduced itself to Jesse and explained it is a lazy bird and all the imperfections in reality are its fault but generally it can't be bothered to fix them instead it enjoys being whatever it is confused and filling up red heads confused Jessie has enough and demands the Phoenix Force goes and ****s itself for all eternity smile

Creshosk
Originally posted by willRules
This thread is stupid......no offence, but it sounds like someone who is having a go at insulting Phoenix............. Bingo.

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by willRules
This thread is stupid......no offence, but it sounds like someone who is having a go at insulting Phoenix.............

You think confused Who could that be? smile

Creshosk
OK lets give a scenario Ggod has told him in the Marvel Universe all problems with creation are the Phoenix fault smile The Phoenix has introduced itself to Jesse and explained it is a lazy bird and all the imperfections in reality are its fault but generally it can't be bothered to fix them instead it enjoys being whatever it is confused and filling up red heads confused Jessie has enough and demands the Phoenix Force goes and ****s itself for all eternity smile

Wow, sounds like PIS to me. stick out tongue

Let's discard it in favor of better writing. smile

Solidus Snake
jesse wins tho

"who are you?"

jesse would never ask that. anyone with a knowledge of the preacher knows he kicks ass first and asks questions later.

he stayed God's wrath already

God was scared of him. was God ever scared of phoenix? hardly

Whirlysplatt
Wow, sounds like PIS to me. stick out tongue

Let's discard it in favor of better writing. smile

I think both are true to the characters smile

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by Solidus Snake
jesse wins tho

"who are you?"

jesse would never ask that. anyone with a knowledge of the preacher knows he kicks ass first and asks questions later.

he stayed God's wrath already

God was scared of him. was God ever scared of phoenix? hardly

So true smile

He would kick arse first that is his nature big grin

Creshosk
I think both are true to the characters smile Naw, its just the writer from one company's interpritation writing a comic for their company. It's quite lame. smile

Creshosk
God was scared of him.

Well that makes the whole story stupid and contrived, now doesn't it?

smile

Whirlysplatt
Well that makes the whole story stupid and contrived, now doesn't it?

smile

Read it and see I don't think a story with a character called Arse face who is mentally and physically handicapped and on a revenge mission could be called stupidsmile compared to Chris Claremonts recent writing - Do you?

smile

GalacticStorm
Claremont wasnt responsible for Phoenixes reversion to its original state. It was Morrison

Creshosk
Read it and see I don't think a story with a character called Arse face who is mentally and physically handicapped and on a revenge mission could be called stupidsmile compared to Chris Claremonts recent writing - Do you?

smile Arse face? This description makes me think of Retarded Animal Babies

The more I hear about this series the worse it sounds. big grin

Solidus Snake
i guess when u read the books u'll understand. preacher is one of the best stories ever written. it is more acclaimed than any Xmen comic will ever be

Whirlysplatt
Claremont wasnt responsible for Phoenixes reversion to its original state. It was Morrison

White Crown Phoenix wasn't Morrison was it?

smile

Whirlysplatt
i guess when u read the books u'll understand. preacher is one of the best stories ever written. it is more acclaimed than any Xmen comic will ever be

So true smile

Creshosk

Any story with a mentally and physically handicapped and on a revenge mission named Arse Face can't be considered Acclaimed. wink

big grin Phoenix wins.

Whirlysplatt
Any story with a mentally and physically handicapped and on a revenge mission named Arse Face can't be considered Acclaimed. wink

big grin Phoenix wins.

based on?

GalacticStorm
based on?

Good taste

Whirlysplatt
Good taste

The best Satire is never in Good taste smile

GalacticStorm
White Crown Phoenix wasn't Morrison was it?

smile

You said you liked the original idea behind Phoenix. White Crown Phoenix was that original concept so your coments are puzzling to say the least. confused

I believe you said you thought it got silly by the time Rachel came into the picture. wink

Well this concept got canned in 86 only for Morrison to bring it back (and rightfully so) in 2002.

Whirlysplatt
You said you liked the original idea behind Phoenix. White Crown Phoenix was that original concept so your coments are puzzling to say the least. confused

I believe you said you thought it got silly by the time Rachel came into the picture. wink

Well this concept got canned in 86 only for Morrison to bring it back (and rightfully so) in 2002.

Not really no White Crowns up to 137 trust me on this smile

Rachael was silly, Jean coming back from the dead was sillier still etc etc etc.

Trust me on she wasn't anywhere near Galactus class up to 137.

GalacticStorm
Not really no White Crowns up to 137 trust me on this smile

Rachael was silly, Jean coming back from the dead was sillier still etc etc etc.

Trust me on she wasn't anywhere near Galactus class up to 137.

Uncanny Xmen 135 and the What If Phoenix Rose Again both disagree with that im afraid. sad

Whirlysplatt
Uncanny Xmen 135 and the What If Phoenix Rose Again both disagree with that im afraid. sad

White crown in 135 I think not smile

Show me that phrase in 135 laughing out loud

GalacticStorm
White crown in 135 I think not smile

Show me that phrase in 135 laughing out loud

I was referring to the Galactus comparison. Come on old man follow the chain of thought. smile

Whirlysplatt
What do you mean the Sun eating lol! No she was no Galactus smile

GalacticStorm
What do you mean the Sun eating lol! No she was no Galactus smile

No i was just referring to the fact that the Watcher said she was greater than Galactus in 137, the Shiar and the intergalactic council all agreed she was greater in 135.

Thats good enough. But what does this matter anyway current continuity is all that matters. Good try tho smile

leonidas
so gs, you've not really made a claim as to who wins this. are you saying that if jessie said 'phoenix force, you never were,' that the pf would resist being unmade?

and i agree a little with both you and whirly regarding the original incarnation of the pf. you claim watcher and shiar said p was greater than galactus, but in that what if, galactus himself said that he could destroy her but that it wouldn't be worth the battle for that world. depends on who's word you take. either way, it certainly wasn;t this multiversal force that it has become, and if you claim that it was always intended as such, i'd really be interested in knowing where you learned that.

Whirlysplatt
Not greater nope don't remeber that at all show me a scan if you have one. Greater threat maybe, greater power no.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by leonidas
so gs, you've not really made a claim as to who wins this. are you saying that if jessie said 'phoenix force, you never were,' that the pf would resist being unmade?

and i agree a little with both you and whirly regarding the original incarnation of the pf. you claim watcher and shiar said p was greater than galactus, but in that what if, galactus himself said that he could destroy her but that it wouldn't be worth the battle for that world. depends on who's word you take. either way, it certainly wasn;t this multiversal force that it has become, and if you claim that it was always intended as such, i'd really be interested in knowing where you learned that.

Heres a post of mine from a previous thread referring to that what if:

Phoenix has fought Galactus on 2 occassions and came out the better in both encounters.

The first occassion was in a what if called What If Phoenix rose again. In it instead of killing herself Jean Grey allowed the Shi'ar to perform a psychic lobotomy on herself removing all parts of her brain which were responsible for her psionic powers. Jean Grey fought against Galactus after the Shi'ar asked for the Xmens aid in defeating the planet eater. Jean Grey had up to that point been powerless after the surgery but as Cyclops was about to be killed by Terrax, her phoenix power emerged again. She quickly dispatched Terrax and then went on to fight Galactus and she stated that because of the lobotomy her powers were at that point relatively limited to the point where she wasnt sure if she could beat Galactus, however she said that her powers increased along a geometric curve every time she used them. Galactus and Phoenix fought and Phoenix got the better of him. While his efforts were shrugged off Phoenix caused him pain. He then tried to forge an alliance with Phoenix claiming them to be equals. Bear in mind that this was a limited Phoenix yet in this state her power equalled Galactus at that point. She went on to destroy his machinery and Galactus left the planet for an easier meal claiming that he couldnt be bothered with the effort and that had he stayed he could eventually dispatch Phoenix. A limited Phoenix versus a hungry Galactus and Phoenix clearly got the better of him and caused him to abandon his meal. Phoenix went on to continue using her power in missions and as she said it increased to its previous levels. She went on to revert to Dark Phoenix and after killing the Xmen went on to destroy the universe "destroying everything in her path". At that point Galactus obviously became a non factor.

Phoenix from the beginning was said to be second only to TOAA. At a time when LT existed and was being written by the same writer. That tells you status of the character. As does the fact that it was she who contained the power of the multiversal reset switch that is the M'kraan crystal.

Whirlysplatt
Rubbish Galactus tells her he could beat her in time, the narrator states this also in the first fight. Galactus accepts her as an equal smileOriginally posted by GalacticStorm
Heres a post of mine from a previous thread referring to that what if:

Phoenix has fought Galactus on 2 occassions and came out the better in both encounters.

The first occassion was in a what if called What If Phoenix rose again. In it instead of killing herself Jean Grey allowed the Shi'ar to perform a psychic lobotomy on herself removing all parts of her brain which were responsible for her psionic powers. Jean Grey fought against Galactus after the Shi'ar asked for the Xmens aid in defeating the planet eater. Jean Grey had up to that point been powerless after the surgery but as Cyclops was about to be killed by Terrax, her phoenix power emerged again. She quickly dispatched Terrax and then went on to fight Galactus and she stated that because of the lobotomy her powers were at that point relatively limited to the point where she wasnt sure if she could beat Galactus, however she said that her powers increased along a geometric curve every time she used them. Galactus and Phoenix fought and Phoenix got the better of him. While his efforts were shrugged off Phoenix caused him pain. He then tried to forge an alliance with Phoenix claiming them to be equals. Bear in mind that this was a limited Phoenix yet in this state her power equalled Galactus at that point. She went on to destroy his machinery and Galactus left the planet for an easier meal claiming that he couldnt be bothered with the effort and that had he stayed he could eventually dispatch Phoenix. A limited Phoenix versus a hungry Galactus and Phoenix clearly got the better of him and caused him to abandon his meal. Phoenix went on to continue using her power in missions and as she said it increased to its previous levels. She went on to revert to Dark Phoenix and after killing the Xmen went on to destroy the universe "destroying everything in her path". At that point Galactus obviously became a non factor.

Phoenix from the beginning was said to be second only to TOAA. At a time when LT existed and was being written by the same writer. That tells you status of the character. As does the fact that it was she who contained the power of the multiversal reset switch that is the M'kraan crystal.

GalacticStorm
Nope the points made in my previous post still stand smile

Creshosk
Rubbish Galactus tells her he could beat her in time, the narrator states this also in the first fight. Galactus accepts her as an equal smile Sounds like Hyperion, he claimed to have slain Galactus in his world, but gets knocked out by Mimic. . .

Bunch of posturing.

Whirlysplatt
Sounds like Hyperion, he claimed to have slain Galactus in his world, but gets knocked out by Mimic. . .

Bunch of posturing.

Not really the comics fans at the time believed this was the case trust me I was one smile

Creshosk
Not really the comics fans at the time believed this was the case trust me I was one smile And as it turned out that couldn't be the case, could it?

Whirlysplatt
And as it turned out that couldn't be the case, could it?

Oh I still think Phoenix will get depowered to sane levels...... in time...... Jesse could do it in a crossover smile

Creshosk
Oh I still think Phoenix will get depowered to sane levels...... in time...... Jesse could do it in a crossover smile Like Wolverine beating Lobo in a crossover?

Whirlysplatt
Like Wolverine beating Lobo in a crossover?

Not exactly more like Flash beating Quicksilversmile

Creshosk
Not exactly more like Flash beating Quicksilversmile

Oh, in the same comic where Wolverine beat Lobo? smile

So let me get this striaght,

Jessie has "the word of god" a tool which can appearently beat god.

The Phoenix force is like the word of god, but obviously can't beat god, and if you say it can you're a fanboy.

Interesting how one word of god can beat god but another word of god can't?

Whirlysplatt
Oh, in the same comic where Wolverine beat Lobo? smile

So let me get this striaght,

Jessie has "the word of god" a tool which can appearently beat god.

The Phoenix force is like the word of god, but obviously can't beat god, and if you say it can you're a fanboy.

Interesting how one word of god can beat god but another word of god can't?

No he has the power of Genesis = to the word of God.

Read John 1:1 God and the Word are One

The Phoenix Force is not the same smile

Creshosk
No he has the power of Genesis = to the word of God.

Read John 1:1 God and the Word are One

The Phoenix Force is not the same smile He's described as being "god-like".

And Genisis being said to be outside of God's power. . .

Your preception of the phoenix force rather. The way that GS describes it it sounds like it is the word, without openly calling it the word.

Whirlysplatt
He's described as being "god-like".

And Genisis being said to be outside of God's power. . .

Your preception of the phoenix force rather. The way that GS describes it it sounds like it is the word, without openly calling it the word.

No it says one of these as these are the most common versionssmile

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (WEB)

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (ASV)

From the first he was the Word, and the Word was in relation with God and was God. (BBE)

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (DBY)

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (KJV)

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (WBS)

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (WEY)

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God; (YLT)

Exactly the way GS describes it today smile Tommorrow it will be something different.

Genesis is equally silly quote me, just more powerfulsmile

Creshosk
Exactly the way GS describes it today smile Tommorrow it will be something different.

Genesis is equally silly quote me, just more powerfulsmile

Why is it more powerful?

Whirlysplatt
Why is it more powerful?

Because it is outside of creation and equal to God not a tool below God or of Godsmile

Again John 1:1

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (WEB)

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (ASV)

From the first he was the Word, and the Word was in relation with God and was God. (BBE)

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (DBY)

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (KJV)

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (WBS)

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (WEY)

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God; (YLT)

Genesis is an equal beginning hence the name Genesis smile

Creshosk
Because it is outside of creation and equal to God not a tool below God or of Godsmile

Again John 1:1

Genesis is an equal beginning hence the name Genesis smile

So the word is more powerful than the word because its the word. . . and this word can beat god that is the word, because the word that is equal to god is greater than god because its the word that is outside of god, the same god that is the word.

Again, PIS.

Whirlysplatt
So the word is more powerful than the word because its the word. . . and this word can beat god that is the word, because the word that is equal to god is greater than god because its the word that is outside of god, the same god that is the word.

Again, PIS.

Tell that to 2:1 Billion Christians Worldwide, 1.3 billion Moslem's and 14 Million Jews as they all share the same creation myth basically smile

Can you say Jihad at Creshosks house anyone smile

Creshosk
Tell that to 2:1 Billion Christians Worldwide, 1.3 billion Moslem's and 14 Million Jews as they all share the same creation myth basically smile

Can you say Jihad at Creshosks house anyone smile I'm talking about your comparison between the bible and two different companies application of it within their companies.

its equal to, less than and greater than all at the same time.

In the bible it was Equal To.
In DC it was Greater Than.
In Marvel it's Less Than.

Which one is more blasphemous? wink

Whirlysplatt
I'm talking about your comparison between the bible and two different companies application of it within their companies.

In DC its Equal to, Marvel has no real God figure unless you count the Crusaders Catholic God from Thor.

You tell me smile

Creshosk
In DC its Equal to, Marvel has no real God figure unless you count the Crusaders Catholic God from Thor.

You tell me smile Of course I still accidently included the religous satire of Preacher in to saying that "equal to less than greater than" thing before. Hmm. . . wiothout that. . .

None that's ever appeared in Marvel anyway or directly compared.

Other than the one you mentioned that's probably put in to be politically correct. You know it makes sense to have all of the world's religons dieties on the same level. And then rather sneaky to include your own again but not openly saying it.

kevdude
it sorta sounds like Jessie beat The Word aka Jesus Christ, The Word left the universe because Genesis had the same power like The Word. if this is true then it would seem Jessie has taken over Jesus spot in Heaven on the throne.

Whirlysplatt
Flatpack

BstrdMan
I'm talking about your comparison between the bible and two different companies application of it within their companies.

Which DC God, though? The one in Preacher is radically different than the one in.. say.. Hellblazer, which links into swamp thing, Sandman, etc etc..

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by BstrdMan
Which DC God, though? The one in Preacher is radically different than the one in.. say.. Hellblazer, which links into swamp thing, Sandman, etc etc..
an excellent point and one I have made before on here, we have an influx of intelligent well read members this month smile

BstrdMan
Heh..
Preacher's God was an egomaniacal twit, who showed his true colors when something as powerful as him came about. Notice how he glowed yellow.

Hellblazer's God was.. well.. loony.
"I found the Great Redeemer squatting in a corner of Eternity.
Clutching his genitals...
and drooling."

Creshosk
Which DC God, though? The one in Preacher is radically different than the one in.. say.. Hellblazer, which links into swamp thing, Sandman, etc etc.. Yeah, I covered that already.

"I still accidently included the religous satire of Preacher in to saying that"

I was making the Prescence the same God as the one in preacher. My bad.

Whirlysplatt
Heh..
Preacher's God was an egomaniacal twit, who showed his true colors when something as powerful as him came about. Notice how he glowed yellow.

Hellblazer's God was.. well.. loony.
"I found the Great Redeemer squatting in a corner of Eternity.
Clutching his genitals...
and drooling."

The other point you will find on here which may amuse you is some people her don't realise the aims of a comic like Preacher are very different to the aims of a comic like the X men.

smile

BstrdMan
Kinda noticed that, flipping through...
Put it this way.. I trust the comic writer's point of view of God, over a zealots.
Religion ish fun! -.-

Creshosk
The other point you will find on here which may amuse you is some people her don't realise the aims of a comic like Preacher are very different to the aims of a comic like the X men.

smile I didn't realize that at first. . . but then after our discussion I did. . .

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.