Punisher VS. Bane

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sentry
Marvel's bad a$$ or The guy who broke the Bats...

Who takes it?

2 Scenarios:

1. No prep.

2. Both have 2 days of prep.

Debate.

Metalmanx
Punisher both times.

colossus17
yeap last time i checked bane....wasent bullet proof.....

Wynndar
Man...Bane doesnt get any respect on here. Im not complaining though...I think the premise of his character is kinda lame.

colossus17
Originally posted by Wynndar
Man...Bane doesnt get any respect on here. Im not complaining though...I think the premise of his character is kinda lame.

its not about respect its a given fact...he has human durability a few shots from one of punisher's guns and he is dead + the character is build on stupid foundations i mean like even aunt may could kill him by pulling on one of those pumps which pump venom into his body....

Hulk Power
Originally posted by colossus17
its not about respect its a given fact...he has human durability a few shots from one of punisher's guns and he is dead + the character is build on stupid foundations i mean like even aunt may could kill him by pulling on one of those pumps which pump venom into his body....

Yeah I agree. He is a pretty dumb character. He's just strong but he's not durable. Other than strength, he's nothing. There really isn't anything special about him. He's way too vulnerable to damage.

brainchild81
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Punisher both times. Ditto. Punisher blasts him in the face w/a shotgun. He dies.

Wynndar
Originally posted by colossus17

Yea I agree....the premise is just idiotic. Of all the kinds of characters the writers could invent to take down Batman...they end up with jus some roid monkey.

Hulk Power
Originally posted by Wynndar
Yea I agree....the premise is just idiotic. Of all the kinds of characters the writers could invent to take down Batman...they end up with jus some roid monkey.

laughing That's so true.

Wanderer259
Bane is just never written right. He's always presented as some mindless thug with massive brute strength when he's supposed to be so much more.

Hulk Power
He still sucks. He's just some steroid freak.

King KAM
Punisher doesnt even need his weapons, he would, DESTROY Bane, hes just to skilled for him.

jinzin
unarmed? are you kidding me?!?!?! bane ould break his ass in half...shiiiii.....bane was clobbering and I mean CLOBBERING batman until he mad batman enraged..and he did it WITHOUT the venom...in a h2h fight punisher would die...

leonidas
<<unarmed? are you kidding me?!?!?! bane ould break his ass in half...shiiiii.....bane was clobbering and I mean CLOBBERING batman until he mad batman enraged..and he did it WITHOUT the venom...in a h2h fight punisher would die...>>

abso-friggin'-lutely! and with 2 days prep i think it's basically a toss up. bane has been described as having a 'staggering intellect.' if someone DOES have the advantage in the prep area, it is likely bane.

and last i checked, he didn't use venom anymore, he uses his own skills. he retains a near-perfect physique and is a tremendous h2h fighter - as jinzin alluded to above.

contrary to popular opinion, bane IS a tough bastard, and is more than just a 'roid-head.

jgiant
Punisher both times...Bane might be a "staggering intellect" but their is no way he has any advantage in the prep department. Punisher with prep took on three superheros: Wolverine, Spiderman, and DD and came out on top. Their is no way Bane has anything but muscle on Punisher.

Nataku8188
Well see, thats beacuse people like you will buy the Punisher books, regardless of how bad the premise is.

Bane is one of the strongest human beings alive, he beat the bejesus out of Azrael for a while, and Azrael made batman his *****.

2 Days prep? Bane.

H2H? Bane

Guns? Punisher.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by leonidas
contrary to popular opinion, bane IS a tough bastard, and is more than just a 'roid-head.
He still isn't bulletproof.
Punisher both times.

jgiant
Originally posted by Nataku8188
Well see, thats beacuse people like you will buy the Punisher books, regardless of how bad the premise is.

Bane is one of the strongest human beings alive, he beat the bejesus out of Azrael for a while, and Azrael made batman his *****.

2 Days prep? Bane.

H2H? Bane

Guns? Punisher.
First im too poor to buy that many comics.
Second what is your reasoning on how Bane would win with two days prep. Please explain... confused

Nataku8188
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
He still isn't bulletproof.
Punisher both times.

You don't need to be bulletproof if you've got 2 days of prep to get a bulletproof suit. He'll just sting rocket all over Punisher's ass.

Fanboy
Punisher would win this.

jgiant
You don't need to be bulletproof if you've got 2 days of prep to get a bulletproof suit. He'll just sting rocket all over Punisher's ass.
Did Bane ever use prep time to take someone out? Only read nightfall and he didn't do it their, or did he?

Nataku8188
He broke batman's back there. I think that serves as a win.

newjak86
Um yeah he took out the bats with prep time and he did it in a way that even Batman never saw coming.

leonidas
<<Well see, thats beacuse people like you will buy the Punisher books, regardless of how bad the premise is.
2 Days prep? Bane.
H2H? Bane
Guns? Punisher.>>

well said nak. i agree completely. and the whole idea of 'prep' is getting ready for your opponent. i've a sneaky hunch bane would know punisher would have guns. he'd simply have to plan for the contingency. he just needs to get in close.

and last i checked, daredevil and kingpin aren't bullet proof either, but both have left punisher laying in a puddle of their whoop-ass. i seriously don't get why everyone's all about punisher in this thread.

jgiant
Punisher gets respect because he kicks ass without superpowers or being a rich boy, last time I checked daredevil did kick punishers ass for a little while but punisher came out on top. Even in the begining he came out on top, Daredevil 183, DD couldn't even save that poor junkie. Wait didn't Bane catch Bats by surprise or something. Punisher all the way. Bane has no preping abilities. Prove to me he does.

newjak86
OK Bane knew he couldn't beat Bats in a straight out fight he was to good a H2H fighter and had to many gadgets for Bane to overcome. So he decided he was going to break out every villian from Arkum and wait till Bats rounded them all up. After Bats did it he was so tired that Bane came in and broke his back.

braz
<<Well see, thats beacuse people like you will buy the Punisher books, regardless of how bad the premise is.
2 Days prep? Bane.
H2H? Bane
Guns? Punisher.>>

well said nak. i agree completely. and the whole idea of 'prep' is getting ready for your opponent. i've a sneaky hunch bane would know punisher would have guns. he'd simply have to plan for the contingency. he just needs to get in close.

and last i checked, daredevil and kingpin aren't bullet proof either, but both have left punisher laying in a puddle of their whoop-ass. i seriously don't get why everyone's all about punisher in this thread.

uhh..Punisher would own Bane...remember, he beat a guy just like Bane in the movie, and could punch through a door and take a knife str8 to the chest n not even be phased....he took em H2H too...H2H....if he had gunz, it would be even more of a massacre for Punisher...N Bats could take em too...the one in Begins, not Clooney or the comic bat.....n i know im not supposed to use movie references but i am n so what iont read comics, i just like the characters n the movies about em...
so there...

Big Pun would take his M60 out n pump em fullah 7.62mm * 51mm rifle rounds n he'd be dead...Bats'd use his stealth, scare Bane's dumass swoop down on him, counter all of Bane's punches n break his neck stick out tongue

Nataku8188
... you're hopeless.

Bane set up the most elaborate crucible Batman has ever faced (I personally believe it was better than the one in Hush)

Batman, one of the worlds greatest detectives, didn't even expect what happened in the end. Guess what? He got his back broken.

Bane developed Venom himself, it's one of the most addicting drugs known to man, and it makes people powerful beyond compare.

Bane is a freakin' super genius.

Nataku8188
Originally posted by braz
uhh..Punisher would own Bane...remember, he beat a guy just like Bane in the movie, and could punch through a door and take a knife str8 to the chest n not even be phased....he took em H2H too...H2H....if he had gunz, it would be even more of a massacre for Punisher...N Bats could take em too...the one in Begins, not Clooney or the comic bat.....n i know im not supposed to use movie references but i am n so what iont read comics, i just like the characters n the movies about em...
so there...

Big Pun would take his M60 out n pump em fullah 7.62mm * 51mm rifle rounds n he'd be dead...Bats'd use his stealth, scare Bane's dumass swoop down on him, counter all of Bane's punches n break his neck stick out tongue

Bane makes the Russian look like a little girl.

jgiant
Punisher can just snipe Bane, and Bane may be smart but he no where as skilled as Punisher admit it, Punisher has been killing criminals for thirty years, like a couple of thousand plus. Oh yeah can Bane take on an army task force cuz thats what the Russian did.

braz
....you're gay, and wrong, and lack basic common sense...didnt u just see what newjak said..n plus thats comics which IMO are not realistic...something that can be portrayed in a movie and can be watched in detail scene by scene is more realistic...like for example, Supes vs Batman...n Batman wins...no way that would happen...Bane would get owned by Bats n Pun...im not saying it'd be an easy fight, but they'd take it...trust me..Bane doesnt even have fighting skills n without his venom he's useles.. n no..hes not a "freakin genius" the last time i checked

braz
my bad J, i was talkin bout dumbshyt(Nataku8188) up there...not u

leonidas
<<uhh..Punisher would own Bane...remember, he beat a guy just like Bane in the movie,>>

i never got past this point in the post.

did he really bring the movie punisher into the discussion . . .? blink

<<Punisher gets respect because he kicks ass without superpowers or being a rich boy, last time I checked daredevil did kick punishers ass for a little while but punisher came out on top. Even in the begining he came out on top, Daredevil 183, DD couldn't even save that poor junkie. Wait didn't Bane catch Bats by surprise or something. Punisher all the way. Bane has no preping abilities. Prove to me he does.>>

dd kicked his ass more than once, AND kingpin beat him as well. if you read newjak's posts you'd know he set up an elaborate plan to ultimately break bats. or do you call working up a plan to defeat your opponent and break his back something OTHER than a demonstrated skill at preparing before a fight?

newjak86
Yeah I think Bane could do anything the Russian could. Bane isn't just a smart guy he is a strategist trained as a soldier he understands all the concepts of fighting. He can use his brain power to easily solve complex problems. His strength and H2H is just what doesn't turn him into another Joker character someone smart and dangerous. He is the Joker mixed with amazing strength plus Bane can use weapons as well it isn't like Bane will come in bare fisted against someone with guns.

braz
yea i did n if u woulda kept reading it, it said that iont read comics i just like the characters n watch the movies

jgiant
my bad J, i was talkin bout dumbshyt(Nataku8188) up there...not u
cool

jgiant
<<uhh..Punisher would own Bane...remember, he beat a guy just like Bane in the movie,>>

i never got past this point in the post.

did he really bring the movie punisher into the discussion . . .? blink

<<Punisher gets respect because he kicks ass without superpowers or being a rich boy, last time I checked daredevil did kick punishers ass for a little while but punisher came out on top. Even in the begining he came out on top, Daredevil 183, DD couldn't even save that poor junkie. Wait didn't Bane catch Bats by surprise or something. Punisher all the way. Bane has no preping abilities. Prove to me he does.>>

dd kicked his ass more than once, AND kingpin beat him as well. if you read newjak's posts you'd know he set up an elaborate plan to ultimately break bats. or do you call working up a plan to defeat your opponent and break his back something OTHER than a demonstrated skill at preparing before a fight?
To me newjacks quote couldn't apply to punisher aswell as it could with batman. Bane is not as skilled in the tactical and weaponal arts as the punisher is, imo.

newjak86
Originally posted by jgiant
To me newjacks quote couldn't apply to punisher aswell as it could with batman. Bane is not as skilled in the tactical and weaponal arts as the punisher is, imo. Why not Batman is an awesome H2H fighter plus uses a number weapons as well and Bane can beat him. Punisher is Batman with less intelligence as well as skill and more firepower.

jgiant
Oh and DD has also got his ass kicked by Frank more than once... yes

braz
here...its simply like this....lol

Batman>The Punisher>Bane>Daredevil..

newjak86
Oh and DD has also got his ass kicked by Frank more than once... yes OK DD isn't Bane. Bane has dented Titanium with his bare knuckles before while juiced up. If Frank tries to beat him in a slug fest he looses.

leonidas
<<you're gay, and wrong, and lack basic common sense>>

did he call me gay? laughing laughing laughing

look kid, i know you're what, 10? but that's not too early to learn to argue based on facts. you said comics aren't realistic but you base some of your argument on a . . . COMIC BOOK MOVIE. and "something that can be portrayed in a movie and can be watched in detail scene by scene is more realistic". oh yeah, an hour and a half movie cane fit in a LOT more info and detail than say a novel, or a 10-20 part comicbook story arc. wacko

<<Bane would get owned by Bats n Pun...im not saying it'd be an easy fight, but they'd take it...trust me..>>

oh yeah? is that why bats had his back broken? and kid, i've been collecting books for 25 years. i think i'm reasonably capable of having my own opinion without need of having to 'trust' yours . . .

seriously, if you want to prove your point, use facts. you've not used a single one yet. screaming PUNISHER WOULD OWN BANE and insulting are not really great proofs. give a well thought out argument and save the insults for recess.

jgiant
Originally posted by newjak86
Why not Batman is an awesome H2H fighter plus uses a number weapons as well and Bane can beat him. Punisher is Batman with less intelligence as well as skill and more firepower.
One big diff btw Punisher and Batman: one Kills, one uses deadly force. The other is not as deadly, he doesn't allow himself to be.

newjak86
One big diff btw Punisher and Batman: one Kills, one uses deadly force. The other is not as deadly, he doesn't allow himself to be. Yes but you act as if he doesn't try to put down foes as fast as possible. Batman still uses weapons that can KO Bane. What I'm saying is that your idea that simply because Bats doesn't use Guns doesn't mean he doesn't use excessive force. Bane could beat Punisher in H2H in two days prep but not in anything else. Bane can use Guns but doesn't normally carry them like Frank. If they just meet on the street and fight I would give it to Pun more times or not.

jgiant
OK DD isn't Bane. Bane has dented Titanium with his bare knuckles before while juiced up. If Frank tries to beat him in a slug fest he looses.
I agree holehartedly...but a slugfest w/guns/prep is a different story, yes i have heard Bane is a geneis, and broke Batmans back (after runing a gauntlet) but he doesn't use guns/bombs/ext. that often, Punisher uses them every day.

braz
lol @ this kid...look, im 16...i may not know shyt about comics cuz i could care less n have a sex life stick out tongue...but i do with movies..and the last time i checked this website is "killermovies.com"...and i do have common sense...n plus im basing this on Christian Bale Batman, not 'comic book batman' ionno shyt about him....he can suck my balls for all i care...ive gotten back into comic characters n their movies 6 years later since Batman Begins came out...which was phenomenal...n u just started shyt sayin im "hopeless"..kid dont judge som1 over the internet jus cuz ur insecure about urself...

newjak86
I agree holehartedly...but a slugfest w/guns/prep is a different story, yes i have heard Bane is a geneis, and broke Batmans back (after runing a gauntlet) but he doesn't use guns/bombs/ext. that often, Punisher uses them every day. Read above post

jgiant
Read above post
Yes i have, but he is still not as skilled as Frank in the prep area either, again Punisher has taken out Spidey, Wolvie, and DD with prep.

leonidas
<<lol @ this kid...look, im 16...i may not know shyt about comics cuz i could care less n have a sex life ...but i do with movies..and the last time i checked this website is "killermovies.com"...and i do have common sense...n plus im basing this on Christian Bale Batman, not 'comic book batman' ionno shyt about him....he can suck my balls for all i care...ive gotten back into comic characters n their movies 6 years later since Batman Begins came out...which was phenomenal...n u just started shyt sayin im "hopeless"..kid dont judge som1 over the internet jus cuz ur insecure about urself...>>

you know what kind of people call into question OTHER people's 'security' right . . .?whistle

and if you want to argue movies, go to the movie forum. simple.

<<Oh and DD has also got his ass kicked by Frank more than once... >.

really? in 184, who was left laying? in 292 who got the better of the fight? this is the wrong thread to argue this on. i brought up dd (and kingpin which is quite irrefutable) as a means of demonstarting that punisher and his weapons have not always been enough to beat a skilled, intelligent opponent.

bane IS skilled, and he IS intelligent. don't see why the issue is so cut and dry.

braz
people with confidence who feel like makin funnah losers who talk shyt like u????? ahahahaha...***

jgiant
"really? in 184, who was left laying?"
Well it was punisher, BUT punisher could have killed DD with ease, remember how pun doesn't use deadly force with the innocent, same situation, pun turned his back on DD after getting the upper hand, he wanted to call a truce, DD was such a ***** in that iss...Frank wont have to worry about holding back in this fight with bane.

leonidas
but in 292 dd again had the upper hand with a simple nerve shot. in punisher 10 dd absolutely kicked his arse.

again, if dd and kingpin (those are just quickly off the top of my head) can do it, i see no reason why bane can't do it as well.

Nataku8188
To me newjacks quote couldn't apply to punisher aswell as it could with batman. Bane is not as skilled in the tactical and weaponal arts as the punisher is, imo.

You yourself have admitted to having little knowledge of the character.

How can you say something like that when you barely know anything about the guy?

brainchild81
OK DD isn't Bane. Bane has dented Titanium with his bare knuckles before while juiced up. If Frank tries to beat him in a slug fest he looses. Slugfest? Frank's gonna have a "put slugs in Bane's body" festlaughing

jinzin
Did Bane ever use prep time to take someone out? Only read nightfall and he didn't do it their, or did he?

confused

umm yeah...I'd consider what he did definitely a useful application of prep work...also his work with raz had loads of prep...he's definitely no slouch in that departement.

jinzin
2 Days prep? Bane.
H2H? Bane
Guns? Punisher.>>

incomplete or inaccurate knowledge of banes character would be my assumption...

jinzin
OK Bane knew he couldn't beat Bats in a straight out fight he was to good a H2H fighter and had to many gadgets for Bane to overcome. So he decided he was going to break out every villian from Arkum and wait till Bats rounded them all up. After Bats did it he was so tired that Bane came in and broke his back.

is that why bane nearly drowned batman after beating him down again without the venom? confused

jinzin
....you're gay, and wrong, and lack basic common sense...didnt u just see what newjak said..n plus thats comics which IMO are not realistic...something that can be portrayed in a movie and can be watched in detail scene by scene is more realistic...like for example, Supes vs Batman...n Batman wins...no way that would happen...Bane would get owned by Bats n Pun...im not saying it'd be an easy fight, but they'd take it...trust me..Bane doesnt even have fighting skills n without his venom he's useles.. n no..hes not a "freakin genius" the last time i checked

if you have something against comic books i think perhaps you are in the wrong forum... roll eyes (sarcastic)

jinzin

xmarksthespot
So he decided he was going to break out every villian from Arkum and wait till Bats rounded them all up. After Bats did it he was so tired that Bane came in and broke his back.
Frankly this description of his grand elaborate plan doesn't make it sound all that impressive...

Why is Punisher assumed to be doing absolutely nothing during prep time?

Wynndar
well he sounds like he is insecure about his sexuality...."ur gay...and lack basic common sense"????

jinzin
as for the guns argument.... confused

jinzin
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Frankly this description of his grand elaborate plan doesn't make it sound all that impressive...

Why is Punisher assumed to be doing absolutely nothing during prep time?

it's much more impressive when you actually read the story..

xmarksthespot
No prep it's still obviously Punisher. Prep, I'm thinking double KO with prep. They both shoot each other to bits.

jinzin
h2h?

xmarksthespot
Is there an h2h option? Edge to Bane.

jinzin
oh woops...my mistake..it just say prep and no prep...in that case I agree...I just instantly thought h2h when it said nop prep followed up by all the discussion of h2h afterwards, my bad...in that case you're right IMO.

jgiant
You yourself have admitted to having little knowledge of the character.

How can you say something like that when you barely know anything about the guy?
Oh I have got just enough TPB's and internet sources to inform me about him, just cant buy them every month, sorry for the late repliey sleeping.

jgiant
Just want to know one thing, how much experience does Bane have, fighting, using weaponary, prep, ect...A ballpark estimate.

Juntai
Bane wins, both times.
In No Man's Land, he was holding like a giant M60 with one hand, like a kids toy pistol.

leonidas
jinzin, have i told you lately you're my favourite poster? here's to common sense and knowledge wining out over the evil forces of shouting arguments down and fanboyism. beer

leonidas
oh, and great dd scan. i'll drink to that too! beer

BstrdMan
No prep?
Punisher. So much of a gun-nut, even Charles Heston'd be afraid of him.

Prep?
Bane. If this guy can orchestrate Batman getting messed up, and come in with the coup de tat , then he'd wear Punisher out then come in and finish him.

jinzin
Just want to know one thing, how much experience does Bane have, fighting, using weaponary, prep, ect...A ballpark estimate.

half a lifetime..he's in his 30's I believe..but he's profficient as the KG beast in every department as shown during their brief team-up...

KGbeast is basically russia's best assassin...played "the game" better than batman did.

jinzin
jinzin, have i told you lately you're my favourite poster? here's to common sense and knowledge wining out over the evil forces of shouting arguments down and fanboyism. beer

lol...high five buddy!

Hartigan
The question of who is tougher and who is smarter is completely ridiculous. The Punisher would dominate in a fight with Bane. If you have any doubts, read the graphic novel "Born" where the punisher is a soldier in vietnam, and survives his post being overrun, and then napalmed.

Of course, our pal Frank has lost fights, who hasn't. No one wants to read a comic book about a character that can't lose.

Sentry
Good post Hartigan.

I never said there was a H2H option. Did I state such a thing in my opening thread? reading... Nope...

Originally posted by Sentry
Marvel's bad a$$ or The guy who broke the Bats...

Who takes it?

2 Scenarios:

1. No prep.

2. Both have 2 days of prep.

Debate.

Do you guys see hand to hand? Nope.

How long did it take Bane to orchestrate breaking the Bats? 2 days? 1 day? A week? Took him awhile right?

Bane will easily beat Punisher? Nope. Can he beat Punisher? Yes. Can Punisher beat Bane? Yes. Punisher has fought heroes like Doc Samson, Spiderman, Wolverine, Captain America, and the Ghost Rider, all on the same level or stronger and more durable than Bane. He's taken out a ton of criminal syndicates and low level street villains all of which have taken permanent dirt naps.

Punisher 7 out of 10 No prep.

Tie With 2 days of prep.

Juntai
Originally posted by Sentry
Good post Hartigan.

I never said there was a H2H option. Did I state such a thing in my opening thread? reading... Nope...

Do you guys see hand to hand? Nope.

How long did it take Bane to orchestrate breaking the Bats? 2 days? 1 day? A week? Took him awhile right?

Bane will easily beat Punisher? Nope. Can he beat Punisher? Yes. Can Punisher beat Bane? Yes. Punisher has fought heroes like Doc Samson, Spiderman, Wolverine, Captain America, and the Ghost Rider, all on the same level or stronger and more durable than Bane. He's taken out a ton of criminal syndicates and low level street villains all of which have taken permanent dirt naps.

Punisher 7 out of 10 No prep.

Tie With 2 days of prep. Batman "beat punisher for 20 straight minutes" I believe is what Plastic Man said in JLA/Avengers.

K3VIL
Bane is not the classic street level brick guy.
He possess enhanced strenght thanks to the Venom, but without it he's at the peak of the human physical condition and he's a master hth fighter and fireweapons user plus a great tactician.
Against a not enhanced Bane tough, I'll give it to Castle 8/10, his willpower, killer instinct and maniac mind make him too much to handle for Bane, Castle will run into his enemy even with the arms chopped off and tear apart his throat with his teeth.

leonidas
<<Bane will easily beat Punisher? Nope. Can he beat Punisher? Yes. Can Punisher beat Bane? Yes. >>

that's what i was trying to say . . .

8bitChris
clap clapping dance

8bitChris
Punisher wins. Pumps Bane full of lead.

EsteemedLeader
the official DC encyclopedia lists Bane as a BRILLIANT strategist.

Wynndar
Im picturing Bane pumping up with venom and getting all loud and intimidating...then Punisher shoots him in the knees.

jgiant
Punisher has thirty years of experience taking down deadly criminals, he has had three tours in nam, Bane has been in prison most his life. Hell in a prep fight I could see Frank finding were Bane's hideout is and sniping him when he comes out imo.

Tassadar
Bane=not bulletproof, cant bullet dodge
Frank=lots of guns, better at prep
Punisher 10/10 both cases

JohnnyDo3
Punisher aint stupid of course he's not going to trade punches with bane. Punisher would use an anti-tank rocket launcher then its goodbye and goodnyt bane

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.